SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Hi SharonM and GLH

Though i haven't picked up these books in a while I too love James Pattersons Alex Cross and the Private series he has an easy style. My hubby introduced me to the books and he reads them religiously as they come out .My favorite character is Nana Mama I love her and think she has such wisdom and grace .I used to read the Kay Scarpetta books when I was much younger and loved them .I agree about about books that pull you into the story ,you're always better for it .Jeffrey Archer is someone else I read without fail ,his writing for me is very unique.

I would never read what my hubby reads, he loves SAS books so loves Chris Ryan and Andy McNab books, he just laughs at me as I only read romantic books, he thinks I am just mushy LOL :)

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi SharonM and GLH

Though i haven't picked up these books in a while I too love James Pattersons Alex Cross and the Private series he has an easy style. My hubby introduced me to the books and he reads them religiously as they come out .My favorite character is Nana Mama I love her and think she has such wisdom and grace .I used to read the Kay Scarpetta books when I was much younger and loved them .I agree about about books that pull you into the story ,you're always better for it .Jeffrey Archer is someone else I read without fail ,his writing for me is very unique.

I haven't read Jeffrey Archer but I love Patricia Cornwell and Kathy Reichs.  There books are well written and I always learn something.  The are both well respected in forensics and many of the techniques used in the books are techniques they use in real life.  A couple authors that I forgot is Preston/Child's Pendergast series.  These books are good crime novels with a lot of archeology and paranormal. 

For years I can predict one of my Christmas presents because my son likes Alex Cross he bought me a book and would read it as soon as I finished. 

Are these crime novels or romantic novels, Never heard of them Sharon 

They are crime novels.  There are 4 friends a detective, medical examiner, journalist and DA.  They work together to solve and prosecute a case.  There is always a romantic relationship but it is a sub plot.  #12 was just released around the same time as Entwined so it sat on my Nook for awhile before I got to it. 

They are crime novels.  There are 4 friends a detective, medical examiner, journalist and DA.  They work together to solve and prosecute a case.  There is always a romantic relationship but it is a sub plot.  #12 was just released around the same time as Entwined so it sat on my Nook for awhile before I got to it. 

Hi Sheens--

Sharon is right.  These books are wonderful.  I think the main character, Lindsay Boxer, served as a model for the series THE CLOSER.  Just my opinion.  The 4 characters are fun to read because, as women, we know how important our girl friends are to us.  It is fun to see how they interact and help each other to solve cases.  Different women but so close.  The romance is definitely a subplot for all and serves to make the characters more human.  

Love Nana Momma also.  Love how Alex has an amazing heart.  Lately, though, Patterson's books are not written as well.  Wondering if he has become too popular and gives an outline to someone else to write.

My husband and I do read some books in common.  Lee Child has a character we both like but I think is aimed at men more.  Jack Reacher.  Since I am into more contemporary romance these days, we are not reading the same stuff.  lol

With the weather being so awful this summer and having to spend more time indoors, I have been a reading machine.  

Just the thought of him in breeches makes me go weak in the knees like he was in The Tudors, Yum Yum :)

I totally agree !  He was the sexiest on The Tudors and that look with the longer hair was how I picture him as Gideon.  Good job finding it for us to enjoy :)

Hi Sheens--

Sharon is right.  These books are wonderful.  I think the main character, Lindsay Boxer, served as a model for the series THE CLOSER.  Just my opinion.  The 4 characters are fun to read because, as women, we know how important our girl friends are to us.  It is fun to see how they interact and help each other to solve cases.  Different women but so close.  The romance is definitely a subplot for all and serves to make the characters more human.  

Love Nana Momma also.  Love how Alex has an amazing heart.  Lately, though, Patterson's books are not written as well.  Wondering if he has become too popular and gives an outline to someone else to write.

My husband and I do read some books in common.  Lee Child has a character we both like but I think is aimed at men more.  Jack Reacher.  Since I am into more contemporary romance these days, we are not reading the same stuff.  lol

With the weather being so awful this summer and having to spend more time indoors, I have been a reading machine.  

Women's Murder Club was on TV (2007-2008) for 1/2 a season but the writers strike caused it to be cancelled just as it started to get popular.  Angie Harmon played Lindsey Boxer.  I am a little disappointed in Patterson's books lately sometimes I feel he has turned too much over to his co-authors.  However the Alex Cross books he still writes alone.  He made a lot of negative comments about some of his books that turned people off for a time but I still read his books. 

I love The Closer and miss it on TV. 

I totally agree !  He was the sexiest on The Tudors and that look with the longer hair was how I picture him as Gideon.  Good job finding it for us to enjoy :)

Ladies you are killing my pocketbook.  I had to take my grand kids to see Superman and now I know I'm going to buy The Tudors, not to mention all the books I'm buying, even though I promise myself I'm cutting back.  If this continues I will need a part-time job to subsidize my addiction. 

Thanks Sharon :)

Hi Sheens--

I posted a pic I found on the Spoilers Thread, not many of him in Breeches though :(

Ladies you are killing my pocketbook.  I had to take my grand kids to see Superman and now I know I'm going to buy The Tudors, not to mention all the books I'm buying, even though I promise myself I'm cutting back.  If this continues I will need a part-time job to subsidize my addiction. 

I need to by the Tudors as I loved that and when Superman comes out I am buying that so I have Henry at home Oh the thought Yum Yum :)

I need to by the Tudors as I loved that and when Superman comes out I am buying that so I have Henry at home Oh the thought Yum Yum :)

You cannot cut back on Henry, or Sylvia's books, they are our addiction. :)

Well and truly hooked!

Well, I ordered THE TUDORS on Netflix.  I didn't watch it before but now I think it is a no brainer.  SUPERMAN was good.  There is a line near the end where a female soldier---probably an officer--stands next to a colonel and is smiling.  The officer asks her why she is smiling.  Well, she is looking at Henry aka SUPERMAN and says---he is just so hot.  Gotta love it.

Ladies you are killing my pocketbook. I had to take my grand kids to see Superman and now I know I'm going to buy The Tudors, not to mention all the books I'm buying, even though I promise myself I'm cutting back. If this continues I will need a part-time job to subsidize my addiction.

Haha....I know! I've just Read A Passion for the Game, A Passion for Him and Don't ... :)

Do you have Optimum or Showtime? You could probably watch The Tudors on Demand.....I loved that show when it was out..sooo good :)

I would never read what my hubby reads, he loves SAS books so loves Chris Ryan and Andy McNab books, he just laughs at me as I only read romantic books, he thinks I am just mushy LOL :)

The perception is that romance books are very light reads ,sometimes lacking in substance ,with a certain and easily gotten to HEA but often that's not the case .Look at the type of things we are exploring with the Crossfire series and the stuff we learn not only from the book but through the research you do on your own triggered by the book and wanting to understand the characters.In a lot of ways the Crossfire is a very dark read and I've certainly learned a lot about childhood sexual abuse ,the laws in the USA ,gynecology ,mental health etc right here on this forum.The mushy stuff is why we love it of course but we do go through a lot for it :) .

I haven't read Jeffrey Archer but I love Patricia Cornwell and Kathy Reichs.  There books are well written and I always learn something.  The are both well respected in forensics and many of the techniques used in the books are techniques they use in real life.  A couple authors that I forgot is Preston/Child's Pendergast series.  These books are good crime novels with a lot of archeology and paranormal. 

For years I can predict one of my Christmas presents because my son likes Alex Cross he bought me a book and would read it as soon as I finished.

Your son is smart ! LOL.I will give Kathy Reichs and Janet Evanovich a try sometime ,you're not the first person to say they're good.

Hi Angelmine,

I can so relate to the need for a book budget!  I prefer my books in printed format, so I am starting to stack my books now.  I am beginning to worry about physical space... :)

When you get a chance, could you let me know what you thought of Shayla Black's Wicked Series.  I have now finished the series and would be interested to hear someone else's take on the books.  :)

Hi GiGi,

I also prefer my books in printed format. They are everywhere lol. So far I am liking the wicked series I have no complaints. Can't wait to get the next 3 books in the series.

I agree with you there Julie, :)

Henry-Cavill-Comic-Con-2012.jpg

O  M  G!!!

I'm totally mesmerized!!!! :wub:

The perception is that romance books are very light reads ,sometimes lacking in substance ,with a certain and easily gotten to HEA but often that's not the case .Look at the type of things we are exploring with the Crossfire series and the stuff we learn not only from the book but through the research you do on your own triggered by the book and wanting to understand the characters.In a lot of ways the Crossfire is a very dark read and I've certainly learned a lot about childhood sexual abuse ,the laws in the USA ,gynecology ,mental health etc right here on this forum.The mushy stuff is why we love it of course but we do go through a lot for it :) .

I agree :)

Hi Sheens,

How do you post a photo on a thread?  Thanks in advance. :)

I find the picture I want

right click on it and click on copy

come to the page to reply to this topic box or the quote box when replying to someone's comments

right click where I want the picture

click on paste and it paste's in the box

Hope this helps :)