SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know. Matt Bomer, who plays Neal Caffrey in White Collar, is gay, a fact I only discoreved when I searched him online in the middle of season 3. I would never haver guessed. And in White Collar, Neal has quite a sexual prowess. In fact, some of the readers wanted him to play Gideon (however, some people say he is too old for the part).

I agree, i love White Collar and Matt Bomer!

Ok Ladies, just throwing this out there, you know how Marty hates his job well if Eva does the foundation stuff, maybe Marty could work for her or work for Gideon and her in a joint company, that way she can help her family as well as make Marty happy with a new job and you never know maybe Marty will actually fall for Megumi and leave lacy she seems a bit flaky to me.

Love the pics Barb

just a thought ladies ;P

I like that idea..

I know I'm probably so late on this but I've started to re read the Bare to You and the part where he told Eva to stay away from Christopher," he takes sibling rivalry to the extreme and he's unstable enough to make him dangerous. He's reaching out to you becuase he knows he can hurt me through you. "  and  there mother saying how Christopher was there he swears nothing happened.

I'm wondering if he indeed knew what was happening and just to keep his mother on his side he said nothing happened, I just think Christopher knows something and then knowing Magalene was Gideons friend how he was using her also there's something about himI think  knows something he just seems so sneaky.

Just my thought. ;) 

I think Hugo threaten Christopher when he was a child.  My guess is if he told his parents Christopher would be next.  As a result I think Christopher holds a ton of guilt.  I'm sure as a five year old he didn't understand what was happening just that his brother was crying it hurt.  I'm thinking Gideon was embarrassed and struck out at Christopher because of that embarrassment. 

Magdalene is the daughter of Elizabeth's good friend.  The way he treated Magdalene could be a slap at his mother as much as at Gideon.  We still have a lot to learn about Christopher.  

Ok Ladies, just throwing this out there, you know how Marty hates his job well if Eva does the foundation stuff, maybe Marty could work for her or work for Gideon and her in a joint company, that way she can help her family as well as make Marty happy with a new job and you never know maybe Marty will actually fall for Megumi and leave lacy she seems a bit flaky to me.

Love the pics Barb

just a thought ladies ;P

I had the same thought.  Great minds.....

I think Hugo threaten Christopher when he was a child.  My guess is if he told his parents Christopher would be next.  As a result I think Christopher holds a ton of guilt.  I'm sure as a five year old he didn't understand what was happening just that his brother was crying it hurt.  I'm thinking Gideon was embarrassed and struck out at Christopher because of that embarrassment. 

Magdalene is the daughter of Elizabeth's good friend.  The way he treated Magdalene could be a slap at his mother as much as at Gideon.  We still have a lot to learn about Christopher.

I hope we learn some of it in book #4...

When Sylvia said Christopher wouldn't be big in Entwined I think she mentioned that Christopher was going to be in book 4.  I think we learn something about him. 

I think so aswell. Sylvia mentioned that the first 3 books were mainly about Eva's problems and not so much about Gideons'. And in book 4 and 5 the focus is more on Gideons' problems, and 1 of them is his relation with/to Chris jr.

I know I'm probably so late on this but I've started to re read the Bare to You and the part where he told Eva to stay away from Christopher," he takes sibling rivalry to the extreme and he's unstable enough to make him dangerous. He's reaching out to you becuase he knows he can hurt me through you. "  and  there mother saying how Christopher was there he swears nothing happened.

I'm wondering if he indeed knew what was happening and just to keep his mother on his side he said nothing happened, I just think Christopher knows something and then knowing Magalene was Gideons friend how he was using her also there's something about himI think  knows something he just seems so sneaky.

Just my thought. ;) 

Hi  Jerseugurl, i totally agree, it CV has mole in the office where Eva works or something deeper going on as we all know

I'm a little surprised by these comments about Hollywood.  I always felt that the entertainment industry is very accepting of all actors.  If you look back in Hollywood history there were/are many leading men who are gay.  Most people in the industry knew even if the general public didn't.  One person who jumps out immediately is Richard Chamberlain.  He didn't confirm the rumors until he was in his late 50s.  IMO a good actor, regardless of their sexual preference, can make you forget about the real man or woman and take you into the story on the screen.

Hi Sharon,

I have been thinking a lot about whole issue of sexuality and Hollywood over the past little while and I am not so sure that Hollywood has been all that tolerant of its' "stars".  I think back over history and think to:

1. Rock Hudson (no one knew that he was gay and the Hollywood machine never said a word. When he did that famous kiss with Lynda Evan on "Dynasty" people knew that he had AIDS.  No one ever confirmed that he was gay (although many people knew and it was common-fact he was a "closeted-gay male").
  2. Richard Chamerlin was also gay and Hollywood also did a lot of media and press surrounding his masculinity and up until the 1990's had given the impression that he was "straight".  The Movie Studio also supported those claims by having him photographed with a bevy of beautiful women in one Hollywood magazine or other.  He was never publically photographed with any of his male lovers during those days because it would have been a financial disaster for the movie studios.  Droves of women were flocking the cinemas (and dragging out their husbands and boyfriends) to see one of his movies.    In the movie the "The Thorn Birds" he played a very sexual male priest who ended up falling in love with "Maggie" (I could be wrong about the name-sorry).  The entire movie premise was based on Richard Chamberlin being able to portray himself as a virile "sexual" but celibate priest, which he did really well.  I am not sure that given the time, the little known information about being "gay" or about the advent of the "AIDS" revolution that the studio would have had a different view on the subject.

I think that thirty years has helped to mellow the persona of Hollywood but I am not sure how accepting Hollywood is of the lifestyle other than what can said lifestyle provide to the industry (i.e. how can the Movie Studio use an actor's sexuality to their advantage and how much money can be made by doing so.

If one uses Angelina Jolie as an example, she has been very open about her sexuality and her curiosity in exploring different facets of said life, but she has also used and marketed that to her advantage or should I say that the movie industry has marketed that to their advantage.  They have been able to market a range of very strong, feminine, sexual characters because that's who she is in part.  Movies like Mr. & Mrs. Smith & GiGi (both strong sexual roles for heterosexual and bi-sexual characters) are only two of many roles that Angelina has played very well.  Could a person see someone like Ellen for example fulfilling those types of roles?  Or what about Anna Paquin?  She has stated that she is bi-sexual?   

I wonder if we as a society have advanced to a point where sexuality doesn't matter any longer?  I wonder if people and industries are afraid of lawsuits and public upset so the industry chooses the path of political correctness instead.  Being politically correct will ensure revenues at the box offices.  Open dislike or intollerance generates zero dollars.  Those are just a few of my thoughts.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?