SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Hi Jerseygurl, 

What about Neil Patrick Harris?  He is gay and plays a "straight" man on a TV show, quite well I think but I can see how many in Hollywood might not be able get past their perceptions of "gay" and "straight".

Hi Jerseygurl, 

What about Neil Patrick Harris?  He is gay and plays a "straight" man on a TV show, quite well I think but I can see how many in Hollywood might not be able get past their perceptions of "gay" and "straight".

Hey GiGi,

Omg I totally forgot about him and that's true also...

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jls, 

Why do I get the feeling that we are missing something.  I have a feeling that we may get a few more twists and turns before we get the full truth.  :)

There is no doubt that we will get more twists and turns.  Just ask who saw the Russian mafia twist coming?  I don't think Martin will be a bad guy though.  I go back to his comment to Eva that he wished he loved his job.  It is possible that Eva will help him find something that he loves. 

As far as Megumi knowing what went on between Victor and Monica I'm not so sure. Megumi might guess but she wouldn't know that the makeup Monica is wearing isn't hers or even that the dress is Eva's.  Besides, if she did say something to Martin then Megumi isn't Eva's friend and that would be a shame. 

Hi Sharon,
Do you think that Victor having sex with Monica was just a fling or something to get out of his system?  The way Victor reacted after Eva confronted him (i.e. Victor saying that he had to go back home and get his head screwed back on...paraphrasing here) makes me think that the whole Victor and Monica saga isn't over yet.  What do you think? 

I really think that Victor was consoling Monica after he confronted her about Nathan.  I really believe that his anger, and he was so angry that the Krav Maga workout didn't calm him, that he blew up when Monica met him.  Victor is a good man and when he saw how Monica was full of guilt he felt bad.  I think the whole thing started with him just trying to comfort her and calm her down and there is the love that they have for each other.  It is possible to love someone and know that you can never be happy together. 

Victor said he wasn't proud of himself and that Monica and Victor both knew they were wrong.  Nothing is going to happen again between them even if Monica and Stanton break up.  (I hope they don't)  I really want Victor to find someone he can share a life with and be happy.  I don't think Monica will do that for him because she will hate him eventually for not having the money she needs.  I do wish Victor would move closer to Eva though.  I think that would make them both happy.

Sharonm745, on 15 Jul 2013 - 8:22 PM, said:snapback.png

Interesting thought Sharon.  I wonder how physically imposing Nathan was?  I was always under the impression that Nathan killed Eva's cat to keep her from telling anyone about the abuse.   

Exactly.  He showed Eva how vicious he could be.  Talk to any policeman and he will tell you most murders start by killing animals. 

Hi ladies--

As for the gay-straight issue---I think it depends on the role.  For characters like Gideon or Christian, the fact that they are ssssoooo sexual makes it different.  Most straight roles don't have the sexual aspect the MAIN aspect of the story.  Yes, both men have their own stories, but the sex is a major part.  There are lots of roles a gay man could play very successfully, but not these roles.  (FYI-my brother is a gay man married to the man of his dreams and I love them both.)  It reminds me of a character my husband likes a lot called Jack Reacher.  Tom Cruise played him in the movie.  In the books, Reacher is 6'5", 250 lb., can take out 5 guys at once.  Attractive and macho.  TC did an OK job, but my husband kept saying---this is just not Jack.  I think a gay man playing a highly sexual straight man would be a distraction that many would just say---this is not Christian/Gideon.  I would have no problem with a gay man playing Ethan or Carrick or Flynn in FSOG.  A gay man could play any of the roles in Crossfire EXCEPT Godeon.  JMHO

Hi Jerseygurl, 

I'm a little surprised by these comments about Hollywood.  I always felt that the entertainment industry is very accepting of all actors.  If you look back in Hollywood history there were/are many leading men who are gay.  Most people in the industry knew even if the general public didn't.  One person who jumps out immediately is Richard Chamberlain.  He didn't confirm the rumors until he was in his late 50s.  IMO a good actor, regardless of their sexual preference, can make you forget about the real man or woman and take you into the story on the screen.

Hi ladies--

As for the gay-straight issue---I think it depends on the role.  For characters like Gideon or Christian, the fact that they are ssssoooo sexual makes it different.  Most straight roles don't have the sexual aspect the MAIN aspect of the story.  Yes, both men have their own stories, but the sex is a major part.  There are lots of roles a gay man could play very successfully, but not these roles.  (FYI-my brother is a gay man married to the man of his dreams and I love them both.)  It reminds me of a character my husband likes a lot called Jack Reacher.  Tom Cruise played him in the movie.  In the books, Reacher is 6'5", 250 lb., can take out 5 guys at once.  Attractive and macho.  TC did an OK job, but my husband kept saying---this is just not Jack.  I think a gay man playing a highly sexual straight man would be a distraction that many would just say---this is not Christian/Gideon.  I would have no problem with a gay man playing Ethan or Carrick or Flynn in FSOG.  A gay man could play any of the roles in Crossfire EXCEPT Godeon.  JMHO

My only comment is watch The Thorn Birds.  It never crossed my mind that Richard Chamberlain's sexual preference was a distraction.  I bought his role hook, line and sinker.  I can cite many examples to back up my theory but of course that is my opinion. 

I don't know. Matt Bomer, who plays Neal Caffrey in White Collar, is gay, a fact I only discoreved when I searched him online in the middle of season 3. I would never haver guessed. And in White Collar, Neal has quite a sexual prowess. In fact, some of the readers wanted him to play Gideon (however, some people say he is too old for the part).

I don't know. Matt Bomer, who plays Neal Caffrey in White Collar, is gay, a fact I only discoreved when I searched him online in the middle of season 3. I would never haver guessed. And in White Collar, Neal has quite a sexual prowess. In fact, some of the readers wanted him to play Gideon (however, some people say he is too old for the part).

Matt Bomer will always be my Mr Grey. I never think of him gay when I watch white collar and think he could portray Christian perfectly. For me he is not manly enough to be Gideon tho, that has nothing to do with his sexuality I just imagine Gideon to be more rugged and not as overly groomed as Matt is, that's why Henry appeals to me!! ðŸ˜

Matt Bomer will always be my Mr Grey. I never think of him gay when I watch white collar and think he could portray Christian perfectly. For me he is not manly enough to be Gideon tho, that has nothing to do with his sexuality I just imagine Gideon to be more rugged and not as overly groomed as Matt is, that's why Henry appeals to me!!

I agree..

Matt Bomer will always be my Mr Grey. I never think of him gay when I watch white collar and think he could portray Christian perfectly. For me he is not manly enough to be Gideon tho, that has nothing to do with his sexuality I just imagine Gideon to be more rugged and not as overly groomed as Matt is, that's why Henry appeals to me!!

I agree..

Me too agree....!!

I'm a little surprised by these comments about Hollywood.  I always felt that the entertainment industry is very accepting of all actors.  If you look back in Hollywood history there were/are many leading men who are gay.  Most people in the industry knew even if the general public didn't.  One person who jumps out immediately is Richard Chamberlain.  He didn't confirm the rumors until he was in his late 50s.  IMO a good actor, regardless of their sexual preference, can make you forget about the real man or woman and take you into the story on the screen.

Well I was talking about a article that I read where they were getting opinions about Fifty Shades becoming a movie who should play the title role and it was mention that Matt Bomer was the fan favorite but they felt him being a gay man couldn't pull off the role.

I agree I love the show and Matt Bomer in it. 

Well I was talking about a article that I read where they were getting opinions about Fifty Shades becoming a movie who should play the title role and it was mention that Matt Bomer was the fan favorite but they felt him being a gay man couldn't pull off the role.

I understand but that is why I'm surprised.  It just doesn't seem very Hollywood to me especially today.  Years ago actors were concerned about alienating their fans, for example as far back as Errol Flynn, Rock Hudson, etc., but the Hollywood community always knew, or at least suspected, they were gay.  Today there is little if any pressure to hide sexual preference.

Indeed! And in this perspective i still think that Matt Bomer is a very sexy Mr. Grey :)

I understand but that is why I'm surprised.  It just doesn't seem very Hollywood to me especially today.  Years ago actors were concerned about alienating their fans, for example as far back as Errol Flynn, Rock Hudson, etc., but the Hollywood community always knew, or at least suspected, they were gay.  Today there is little if any pressure to hide sexual preference.

Yea that is true it's just more shocking when you find out sometimes.

I know I'm probably so late on this but I've started to re read the Bare to You and the part where he told Eva to stay away from Christopher," he takes sibling rivalry to the extreme and he's unstable enough to make him dangerous. He's reaching out to you becuase he knows he can hurt me through you. "  and  there mother saying how Christopher was there he swears nothing happened.

I'm wondering if he indeed knew what was happening and just to keep his mother on his side he said nothing happened, I just think Christopher knows something and then knowing Magalene was Gideons friend how he was using her also there's something about himI think  knows something he just seems so sneaky.

Just my thought. ;) 

I agree Jen. At the end of the day, Deanna was easy! Simple! Sorry the truth hurts lady!

Yes he was a d I c k , but she gave it to him on a plate! Get over it!

I can understand why she's upset but i do think she is taking it too far. You shouldn't go back to a man's hotel room for a one night stand and expect to be treated with respect. The way he acted was wrong but i still think she is overreacting given the situation. 

I agree with you both, you know what you are getting yourself into if you go back to a hotel room with a guy after 1 date, stupid woman, she can't cry wolf after she has probably given it up on a platter :)

I think we would all lbe happy if this is how book 4 tied up the lose ends but I'm not sure that is how Sylvia is going to tell the story. 

I think the tape will be history by the end of book 4.  We will know Monica's story (Sylvia told us that).  We will learn more about Gideon's story (again Sylvia told us)  but we won't know everything.    I asked Sylvia if Corinne was going to go in book 4 and she said that would be a spoiler but... the way she answered I don't think she will go.  Sylvia likes her "bad characters" as much as she likes the good ones. 

I'm positive that Cary isn't going to have his happily ever after until book 5.  As of BookBash Sylvia hadn't worked out the details about the baby yet. 

I hope we find out about the bracelet in book 4.  That whole story arc makes me nervous but depending on the way Sylvia writes it, we will know  either hat Gideon is safe or someone else is after him.  I pray that someone evil isn't after Gideon; this couple need a break.

As far as book 5, I just want to know when it will be released.  I can't stand to wait much longer for the end of the story.

I agree I think most of the HEA are going to be heading towards the end of Book 5 that is why I think the whole wedding will be in book 5, remember SD saying Eva can't be happy until she knows Cary is and I think that is going to be book 5 like you, I would love the epilogue to be Cross Babies as that to me would be icing on the cake, we shall just have to wait and see, hopefully it will be before December though, not sure how many other books I can get through until then, will have to re-read everything again LOL, no hardship there really ;)

Ok Ladies, just throwing this out there, you know how Marty hates his job well if Eva does the foundation stuff, maybe Marty could work for her or work for Gideon and her in a joint company, that way she can help her family as well as make Marty happy with a new job and you never know maybe Marty will actually fall for Megumi and leave lacy she seems a bit flaky to me.

Love the pics Barb

just a thought ladies ;P

Ok Ladies, just throwing this out there, you know how Marty hates his job well if Eva does the foundation stuff, maybe Marty could work for her or work for Gideon and her in a joint company, that way she can help her family as well as make Marty happy with a new job and you never know maybe Marty will actually fall for Megumi and leave lacy she seems a bit flaky to me.

Love the pics Barb

just a thought ladies ;P

I love that idea sheens!!