SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as for how Deanna is handling the "brush off" from Gideon.....what did she expect from a guy when she goes to bed with him after just meeting him?  Consenting adults need to admit to themselves that they may have made a mistake and no one told Deanna that she had to have sex with him.  Eva said it right when she said that Deanna is giving "casual sex" for the modern woman a bad name.  Like in the movie Hitch when the girl went to bed with the jerk that she met while he was picking out lingerie.....she didn't have to go to bed with a man that she just met....so stupid.  what do people expect?   ok....off my podium now.

I would like to find out more about the wedding too....especially how he gave her the ring....I think Gideon got the ring by buying it after it had to be sold to pay back investors from his father's ponzi scheme.  just guessing here....maybe Lizzy had to give up a lot .....don't really know  my two cents worth.  but I know that Gideon wouldn't have taken it from her without permission.

Hi Jmhope,

I agree on both counts.  Have a great day.  :)

I agree GiGi .She should have given him a hard kick in the privates ,chalked it up to a bad experience and moved on ,I would respect her more.Yes she was hurt by his dismissal and rightfully so but when you go in for a one night stand with a virtual stranger that's the risk you take ,you can hope the person you're going with will be decent and nice toward you but unfortunately it's not guaranteed and she should have known the risk of hurt even rudeness is inherent it that type of interaction even though its altogether wrong .And now for her to go around stalking him and people in his life makes me unsympathetic toward her for something for which she deserves sympathy because honestly he was a pig .The ripple effect of her actions is not hurting just Gideon but other people who were not in that room with them and she doesn't seem to care about that.And the other question would she behave the same if Gideon was some normal guy or is it because of his material worth and good looks that she can't let it go ?

You make such a good point of the effects of Deanna's actions  Mam2e!  I agree with your other points as well (well said). 

May your day be filled with blessings.  :)

You make such a good point of the effects of Deanna's actions  Mam2e!  I agree with your other points as well (well said). 

May your day be filled with blessings.  :)

Thank you GiGi ,receiving those blessings and sending them back to you x2.

I often wonder about this type of person.  My mother would have punished me for life if I were that rude to someone, especially in a public forum.  I wonder why celebrities even respond to them. 

I know Sharon, my parents would give me h e ll for a comment like that, some people surprise me so they do

I am also thinking about an Ipad.  I can load both the Nook and Kindle app on it.  I have them on my Ipod touch so I read books from my Nook, my phone & my touch now just depends where I am. 

choices choices LOL :P

Breathe Claudine.

I think Micheal is our problem here. He didnt take the rejection from both girls well I think. The little comments from Megumi make me think he has issues. And the girls are in trouble. 1 off "sick" and 1 "out of town". Very worrying.

I agree with you here Julie :)

Hi Ladies, 

Since many of you ladies are on FB, did you ladies happen to notice that comment about Sylvia's attire during her book signing?  I finally decided to check out Sylvia's FB page and I was horrified by some of the comments people made!  They felt that they were entitled to post these things!

What ever happened to if you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all?

never saw that GiGi but not been on FB for a couple of days, why do people think they can comment like that on other people, the old saying never fails me "people in glass houses shouldn't cast the first stone"

Will they ever learn 

First of all thanks for the warm welcome ladies! :) You all seem very nice and the convo's between all of you are so friendly it is a relief compared to other forums!

I agree GiGi .She should have given him a hard kick in the privates ,chalked it up to a bad experience and moved on ,I would respect her more.Yes she was hurt by his dismissal and rightfully so but when you go in for a one night stand with a virtual stranger that's the risk you take ,you can hope the person you're going with will be decent and nice toward you but unfortunately it's not guaranteed and she should have known the risk of hurt even rudeness is inherent it that type of interaction even though its altogether wrong .And now for her to go around stalking him and people in his life makes me unsympathetic toward her for something for which she deserves sympathy because honestly he was a pig .The ripple effect of her actions is not hurting just Gideon but other people who were not in that room with them and she doesn't seem to care about that.And the other question would she behave the same if Gideon was some normal guy or is it because of his material worth and good looks that she can't let it go ?

Well said Mam2me. Deanna was hurt by Gideon and also her own ego big time. That Gideon acted like a pig is crystal clear. But Deanna's expectations were skyhigh otherwise she wouldn't be full of hatred. Let's be honost the most admirable bachelor in town, good looking, filthy rich wants to sleep with her, so she thinks she is something special. Which later turns out she isn't, but just one of the bunch and that hurts. If you just have casual nighty night playtime  with someone you just do your thing, leave the next morning and that's it right? She prolly thought that having spend the night with him ment instant relationship and that's her own calculation fault. So instead of being hit once, she was hit twice. And a hurt woman can be very dangerous and most of the time (self)destructive.

On a slight different note, i was wondering about THE hotelroom. When Eva went there in book 1 and took a look in the drawers, she saw a lot of s*xtoys and spermicide ( if that is the correct word ) and in book 3 Gideon tells her, he used only toys when he went to that room with other women. Why the spermicide then?  I know it is a minor detail, but it made me wonder....

1. @SylDay do u reply to your readers or am I wasting my time reading your books. So sorry if I sound rude. Cheers jaqui pic.twitter.com/WSFFZqBc9k

Hi Barb, 

Where do you find these comments?  I find it really sad that people think that their anonymity gives them a false sense of entitlement to speak to an author rudely.  It is if civility falls by the wayside. 

These were posted on twitter.

On a slight different note, i was wondering about THE hotelroom. When Eva went there in book 1 and took a look in the drawers, she saw a lot of s*xtoys and spermicide ( if that is the correct word ) and in book 3 Gideon tells her, he used only toys when he went to that room with other women. Why the spermicide then?  I know it is a minor detail, but it made me wonder....

I just got to this scene in my reread.  :)  In the bedside table were condoms, lubricant, and spermicide.  In a dresser dresser drawer were sex toys.  Gideon later admitted that he took women to the hotel room twice a week, on average.  And while he usually used toys, having intercourse was the exception rather than the rule.  So it's not that he never did it, just that it wasn't every time. 

Aha!  Nook makes it so easy to search.  Entwined with You, P. 28  "I took women to the hotel, but I didn't always nail them. It was the exception when I did."

I just got to this scene in my reread.  :)  In the bedside table were condoms, lubricant, and spermicide.  In a dresser dresser drawer were sex toys.  Gideon later admitted that he took women to the hotel room twice a week, on average.  And while he usually used toys, having intercourse was the exception rather than the rule.  So it's not that he never did it, just that it wasn't every time. 

Aha!  Nook makes it so easy to search.  Entwined with You, P. 28  "I took women to the hotel, but I didn't always nail them. It was the exception when I did."

Maybe the spermicide was for secondary precaution against any slip up with pregnancy when the exception happen that he nailed them    :(  :(

love that line! It's very fitting for me as well.  I've lent my books out then become all anxious when they don't return them! Last time I moved my older brother told me he refuses to carry my books again so I beter not move! lol. I need to just cave in and get a kindle or whatever to make it easier when travelling and just buy my favorite books to keep. Trouble is I'll want all of them!

Good afternoon ladies :) :)

I've been there too! I really hate wnen my books or CDs or DVSs are not returned after a reasonable amount of time!!  I'd like to stencil 'Library' on my front door, so that everybody would know that there's an expiry date for their loans. :D

Good afternoon ladies :) :)

I've been there too! I really hate wnen my books or CDs or DVSs are not returned after a reasonable amount of time!!  I'd like to stencil 'Library' on my front door, so that everybody would know that there's an expiry date for their loans. :D

Same here, did you see the pictures I put on especially for you today Gabri to brighten up your day LOL :)

Just love this picture it makes me think of Gideon giving his "No nonsence" look

1002932_667773529915563_1766924838_n.jpg

W O W just W O W

Thank you so much Sheens, you're a datling!!

Team Henry Forever!!!!!