SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

same here Barbera :)

I just think that although Pattinson is a good actor and I know people are not going to like this but I picture CG as a very handsome man and to me Pattinson is not that good looking that would make heads turn as CG is perseved to be, just my opinion though

I totally agree with you.  He is not handsome to me at all. Wouldn't turn my head or take my breath away.  CG and Gideon have to be men who make a woman weak in the knees.  RB ain't him.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My husband has an Audible subscription and gets the one free book per month deal.  He listens to books while he's mowing the lawn and in the car when he's driving from office to office at work (he directs a sattelite office but has frequent meetings at corporate headquarters with senior execs).  He finished his last book over the weekend and I downloaded Bared to You onto his phone this week.  He obligingly started it yesterday and got up to Eva's lunch with Stanton . . .

which means that on his way to corp for a meeting today, he'll be listening to the scene of Eva and Gideon "negotiating" in his office . . . and on his couch . . . until Scott interrupts.

This should be interesting.

How I discovered The Crossfire series:

Well it's a pretty boring story lol. Read FSOG trilogy in less than a week so when I was done (as much as the writing bothered me) I had withdrawal symptoms and it was pretty bad. All I could think about was that darn book lol. I called my friend to tell her I was going crazy and she told her sister. Her sister then brilliantly suggested BTY because it was similar to FSOG. So I listened to her suggestion and boy am I glad I did. I did roll my eyes a lot of times because of the similarity but in the end I LOVED it. It's everything FSOG should've been and can never be.

I started reading FSOG because a couple co-workers were reading the books.  At work they had over the cubicle discussions about the books that piqued my interest.  By the middle of the 2nd week (and me asking what happened next) I couldn't take it any more.  They are the slowest readers I know.  I went out bought the books and finished all three before they finished the 1st one. 

After 50 shades I went back to my standard mystery writers for the next 4 or 5 months.  I was on Goodreads writing a review and noticed some comments about Sylvia's books.  I decided to download Bared and was hooked immediately. 

1536_399323076843548_1299431054_n.jpg

Loved this.  It is a good pick-me-up every student I've worked with today has come in crying.  It is very draining.  Some students are losing great scholarships because they didn't complete classes and they want me to fix it.  There is nothing I can do.  Youth!

I read FSOG before it went absolutely crazy over here in Britain. I struggled to get the books and had to order them in as no where really stocked them now you can pick them up in every supermarket!!

I fell in love with Christian and Ana and was genuinely devastated when it came to the end, altho there was parts of the writing I didn't particularly like I enjoyed the book so much I didn't care. I read them maybe 4 or 5 times especially when it went crazy over here for them and I finally had people to talk to about it lol!!

Then I finally decided Bared should be given a shot and I'm not gonna lie I found it hard not to compare at first with FSOG and it annoyed me slightly the similarities! Then something just clicked and Gideon just swept me away along with Eva. I agree they are everything FSOG wasn't and are my favourite books ever!! I am so in love with these books and I can not wait to read the rest of their story!! :)

Well it's a pretty boring story lol. Read FSOG trilogy in less than a week so when I was done (as much as the writing bothered me) I had withdrawal symptoms and it was pretty bad. All I could think about was that darn book lol. I called my friend to tell her I was going crazy and she told her sister. Her sister then brilliantly suggested BTY because it was similar to FSOG. So I listened to her suggestion and boy am I glad I did. I did roll my eyes a lot of times because of the similarity but in the end I LOVED it. It's everything FSOG should've been and can never be.

I started reading FSOG because a couple co-workers were reading the books.  At work they had over the cubicle discussions about the books that piqued my interest.  By the middle of the 2nd week (and me asking what happened next) I couldn't take it any more.  They are the slowest readers I know.  I went out bought the books and finished all three before they finished the 1st one. 

After 50 shades I went back to my standard mystery writers for the next 4 or 5 months.  I was on Goodreads writing a review and noticed some comments about Sylvia's books.  I decided to download Bared and was hooked immediately. 

I read FSOG before it went absolutely crazy over here in Britain. I struggled to get the books and had to order them in as no where really stocked them now you can pick them up in every supermarket!!

I fell in love with Christian and Ana and was genuinely devastated when it came to the end, altho there was parts of the writing I didn't particularly like I enjoyed the book so much I didn't care. I read them maybe 4 or 5 times especially when it went crazy over here for them and I finally had people to talk to about it lol!!

Then I finally decided Bared should be given a shot and I'm not gonna lie I found it hard not to compare at first with FSOG and it annoyed me slightly the similarities! Then something just clicked and Gideon just swept me away along with Eva. I agree they are everything FSOG wasn't and are my favourite books ever!! I am so in love with these books and I can not wait to read the rest of their story!! :)

I am the same read FSOG first as was recommended then BTY was recommended by a friend and the laugh is she is still trying to get through Bared and I have read them all but she does have 2 small children.  the problem my friend has is she loved FSOG and at first could not take to Gideon, I told her to stick with it and she is now starting to like him, she has only got the F u c k pad now though so she has a long way ahead of her LOL :)

I discovered the Crossfire series while I was browsing through Barnes & Noble, I'm always looking for and buying books. Anyway, it peeked my interest so I bought it and needless to say I devoured the book! Loved it instanstly.  I love the stuff Gideon would say....so hot! And i've been obssessed ever since.  I had actually read FSOG way before the craziness over it, I read it originally when it was a FFn.  I still like the Crossfire series better.  I love Sylvia's writting.

Studious Gideon

1010696_669050163121233_1894470852_n.jpg

He is sooooo gorgeous! I can totally see him playing Gideon, although in my head while reading he looks different...when I read I see David Gandy, who's a Brittish model.  He has that intensity I get from gideon...anyway, Henry works just fine for me!

I discovered the Crossfire series while I was browsing through Barnes & Noble, I'm always looking for and buying books. Anyway, it peeked my interest so I bought it and needless to say I devoured the book! Loved it instanstly.  I love the stuff Gideon would say....so hot! And i've been obssessed ever since.  I had actually read FSOG way before the craziness over it, I read it originally when it was a FFn.  I still like the Crossfire series better.  I love Sylvia's writting.

I love her writing too! I loved Seven Years to Sin and I don't really read historical novels and hers was great!

I love her writing too! I loved Seven Years to Sin and I don't really read historical novels and hers was great!

Loved this book as well but also loved all her Georgian series and Historical books as well :)

Ok I will look thru them, help pass the time of day.  And could read at work!!  I am considering buying a kindle just don't know if I will like, I like holding and having books   :)

Hi Barb :)

you'll love it!

I'm a paper-book girl too but I had to get a Kindle because Entwined would only be released June 16 in Italy ... can you imagine? There are soooooo many books you can download for almost nothing!!! and when you really like one book you can always get the hardback and put it on your shelves. I'm really having a hard time trying to stay away from amazon these days, for SD's books are not supplied to my local bookstore on a regular basis and I can never know when I'll be able to find one I haven't read yet... but I have downloaded most of her books, and it feels sooo good!!!

My husband has an Audible subscription and gets the one free book per month deal.  He listens to books while he's mowing the lawn and in the car when he's driving from office to office at work (he directs a sattelite office but has frequent meetings at corporate headquarters with senior execs).  He finished his last book over the weekend and I downloaded Bared to You onto his phone this week.  He obligingly started it yesterday and got up to Eva's lunch with Stanton . . .

which means that on his way to corp for a meeting today, he'll be listening to the scene of Eva and Gideon "negotiating" in his office . . . and on his couch . . . until Scott interrupts.

This should be interesting.

I have the same plan, where you get a book for free each month with your membership and cannot wait to use my $5 credit.

Hi Barb :)

you'll love it!

I'm a paper-book girl too but I had to get a Kindle because Entwined would only be released June 16 in Italy ... can you imagine? There are soooooo many books you can download for almost nothing!!! and when you really like one book you can always get the hardback and put it on your shelves. I'm really having a hard time trying to stay away from amazon these days, for SD's books are not supplied to my local bookstore on a regular basis and I can never know when I'll be able to find one I haven't read yet... but I have downloaded most of her books, and it feels sooo good!!!

Hi Gabri,

Yes I am finding this to be true how many books are so much cheaper than paper books.  You do have a point if I have a favorite I could buy the paper.  A friend let me bring her Kindle Fire home this evening to play around with and I like it.  I know me too I have about 25 books in my Amazon wish list, I will be broke!!

Might shop this weekend and check them out.  Thanks for all the good info.   :)

Hey Ladies,

Did anyone else want more details on their beach wedding? Like how Gideon gave Eva the ring? Did she see it for the first time when he put it on her finger? Or after  he said 'marry me' on the chaise after pulling her from the water? I'm sure we're going to get  to read all the vows from their next wedding, but , idk...I kinda wanted more. Greedy, I know. I think that Gideon will design her wedding band...maybe inscribe something sweet inside.

I reread EWY last night...lol...sooo...got some thoughts/questions.

Deanna really really annoys me. I mean, it was a one night stand...how hurt could you be? What was she expecting?

I hope the Megumi thing is just her being sick and lazy to respond...Eva doesn't need more drama.

I've said this before, but I think that Monica should feel extremely guilty for what happened to Eva. Four years is a LONG time....I mean, maybe the abuse only occurred when Monica and Barker were out, events, trips etc...but still...Like Eva said, the staff -hate them too- had to have known...so how could your own mother not catch on?!?!

Oh! That's the other thing! re where Eva grew up...I thought it was it was in Cali the whole time, only moving to SD in college to be by Victor...but in rereading last night, the part I noticed is when Victor called Eva after finding out  and said 'how could she not have known something was wrong? I knew when you came to California!' (something like that)....so where was Eva living?I guess wherever Monica's husbands were .

I hope Tatiana isn't preg either...Btw, I just realized, in reading these posts, why I was so confused w/ the whole Tatiana naked scene.  I thought that it was Tatiana walking INTO the kitchen when Eva stopped her ( idk what I was thinking )...but it was her walking BACK to the bedroom w/ two bottles of water...Duh :rolleyes_anim: ...I really want to know if she and Gideon had a conversation lol...or did he just turn around and make his coffee??

Ok...that's all I can remember now ...

I can't believe we have to wait another month to get snippets/snapshots :(  again, greedy....

Maybe not a Sept release then? Boo :(

Hey Ladies,

Did anyone else want more details on their beach wedding? Like how Gideon gave Eva the ring? Did she see it for the first time when he put it on her finger? Or after  he said 'marry me' on the chaise after pulling her from the water? I'm sure we're going to get  to read all the vows from their next wedding, but , idk...I kinda wanted more. Greedy, I know. I think that Gideon will design her wedding band...maybe inscribe something sweet inside.

Hi Nathalie ,

I agree with you - it was done awfully quick and we would all like to savor the scene. This would be a perfect opportunity for you or someone else to do a fan fiction chapter and give us some more details. Anyone?

Deanna really really annoys me. I mean, it was a one night stand...how hurt could you be? What was she expecting?

I totally understand Deanna's reaction. It's one thing to have a slam bam thank you ma'am, but he treated her with such cruel contempt. It makes my skin crawl imagining some guy treating me that way. She may have come on a little strong, but he used her to get away Ann Lucas and he didn't have to take her to his f pad and do what he did. I think Eva was revolted by his behavior and even Gideon himself felt some embarrassment over having been such a sh@t. I'd have tried to pay him back too.

Dear Ladies,

I am swept away fro the fanfiction stories of Sasha Cameron (FSOG). Someone (sorry, don´t remember the name right now) from here mentioned here. Didn´t wanted to go there, but oh my God!

How good is her writing and her ideas and her feeling for the Character. I am thinking all the time E.L. James is writing it herself. (Who knows maybe she is it - secretely?)

I can´t stay away, started to cut and paste to have my own Word-Document to print it - in the future! It is a lot of work, but I have to reread this!

Therefore and because of other reasons I will be here a little bit less or I maybe not answering right away ...

So, now, I am looking through the last postings here and going to answer!

Hi SME,

It was me who mentioned Sasha Cameron. Her fan fiction is great isnt it? I only discovered it last week and spent most of the weekend reading. Her stories are great and I can't wait to see where she is going with the two she is currently writing!!

I love reading GOOD fanfic, when an author really understands someone elses characters and can expand the story once the original is complete!

Glad you are enjoying it! Another fifty shades fanfic author you might want to check out is Monique over at fifty shades of grey and more <--- just google that and you'll find it. She has written an alternative ending to Ana and Christian' s story. I wouldn't say its as good as Sasha Cameron especially the first few chapters but if you stick with it, her writing improves and I find myself looking forward to her weekly chapter postings!!

She has also written a Crossfire one shot which is quite good. The scene where Nathan and Gideon meet for the first time.

Glad you're enjoying Sasha Cameron :)

Hi Gabri, 

I hope that you are enjoying your summer so far.  Try and stay cool! It is very hot in my part of Canada so I can only imagine what it is like in Europe right now.  :)   

Hi GiGi :)

summer here has been great so far, even though I can't stand this hot weather any longer!!

May I ask you which is your part of Canada? just to put a little red flag on my globe.

Agreed on both counts!

(Now that I'm looking at actors' height, I'm finding other surprises.  Scott Caan and Daniel Radcliff are only 5'5"! Prince is 5'2"! Seth Green is 5'4".  None of these is as surprising to me - well, maybe Scott Caan - as the big action movie heros who are surprisingly short, like Tom Cruise, Robert Downey, Jr., and Sylvester Stallone.  Daniel Craig is 5'10", which is not short, but he doesn't really fit the "tall, dark, and handsome" Bond stereotype, either. I was surprised at how much I like him as Bond.)

OK, I'm done diverting this thread!

Oh my, I'm 5'7''... I'd need a microscope to see some of them!!!! :D

Hi Mam2e & SME,

I didn't know how to attach my question so I am asking along with you, what made you ladies decide to read the Fifty Shades of Grey Series?

I didn't know that these books existed until I saw the President of the United States of America talking about the books.  It was hillarious.  I didn't know if he was talking about some kind strange political tactics or agendas.  I picked up the wrong order of the books (I didn't read them in their sequence), but I quickly discovered what the books were all about when I got a little into the book.  Imagine my surprise... :)

Hi GiGi

I gave it to my mum as a present, for the series was on everybody's lips. At 71, she was appalled by the ways young people can enjoy s*x (HA!) and wouldn't lend it to me ('Not in this life,' she told me). So I bought it again, but in English...

Mrs James, you own me!!!! :D

Hey Ladies,

Did anyone else want more details on their beach wedding? Like how Gideon gave Eva the ring? Did she see it for the first time when he put it on her finger? Or after he said 'marry me' on the chaise after pulling her from the water? I'm sure we're going to get to read all the vows from their next wedding, but , idk...I kinda wanted more. Greedy, I know. I think that Gideon will design her wedding band...maybe inscribe something sweet inside.

Hi Nathalie ,

I agree with you - it was done awfully quick and we would all like to savor the scene. This would be a perfect opportunity for you or someone else to do a fan fiction chapter and give us some more details. Anyone?

I totally understand Deanna's reaction. It's one thing to have a slam bam thank you ma'am, but he treated her with such cruel contempt. It makes my skin crawl imagining some guy treating me that way. She may have come on a little strong, but he used her to get away Ann Lucas and he didn't have to take her to his f pad and do what he did. I think Eva was revolted by his behavior and even Gideon himself felt some embarrassment over having been such a sh@t. I'd have tried to pay him back too.

I completely agree Nrock. What Gideon did was a huge ahole move and I could see it hurting Deanna the way it did because he's this wealthy public figure with so much power and maybe she was infatuated with that and then having him do that kinda burst her bubble. I bet she had this preconceived notion of how he would be, I mean come on ladies... This drop dead gorgeous wealthy and powerful man shows interest in you and you go all googoo gaga and then he's a huge ahole and treats you like s***... That sticks with you.

Dear Ladies, 

I want to thank you all who have answer to my questions regarding why reading the Crossfire Series ... most of you have told me how they find the books. 

So, I would like to dig deeper .. like what it is exactly what catch your breath, doesn´t let you put down the books, the story?

Regarding my way: 

I´ve saw the book (Bared to you) in our international division of a great bookshop chain. But I wasn´t immediately hooked. Then I surfed in Amazon and took a look in the first pages of BTY and the meeting of EVA and Gideon, her first one, was so loaded, so intense and so erotic for me! And I was working quite a time in high buildings like this with all this man and women very well dressed. It was at it would happened to me.

And I wanted to know how the story will progress...

That was the first reason ... the erotic tension and atmosphere ..

The second reason .. was that I - due to a very personal interest - wanted to know how it is possible with being traumatized and difficult past on both side of a couple to have a good and long lasting relationsship. Is there a possiblity and how would they manage ..

But I must say each book was very difficult to read for me - emotionally! I was tensed and afraid and almost skipped the whole thing because so many events affected me more than I thought! Well, I continued and these books are still very intensive for me and no stuff to relax. This will be possible for me when the last book is out and I´ve read everything. Then I will go back and certainly enjoy it!

So, that is my side ...

Enjoy ..

sme

Hi sme

what really hooks me in these books is, first and foremost, Gideon and Eva's healing path from their traumatized pasts, then Cary's flippancy and good sense, and Gideon's s*x talk... riveting to say the least!!!!

Oh! That's the other thing! re where Eva grew up...I thought it was it was in Cali the whole time, only moving to SD in college to be by Victor...but in rereading last night, the part I noticed is when Victor called Eva after finding out  and said 'how could she not have known something was wrong? I knew when you came to California!' (something like that)....so where was Eva living?I guess wherever Monica's husbands were .

Nathalia,

I posed this question a while ago and thought I would re-pose it now.

-Where was Eva born and raised? For some reason I always thought it was NY however she talks about being in NY and it being her adopted home. So if she was not born and raised in NY I would assume it would be CA, which is where her parents met. Although she doesn't talk much about her childhood it is made to sound like Victor was not around often and I am assuming it they lived in CA then she would have had a closer relationship with her Dad, including but not limited to when Nathan was raping her. So the question again is where was she raised and will we ever learn more about her childhood and relationships with her parents in her formative years?

Victor, after finding out about what Nathan did to Eva, in EWY even talks about how he should have fought harder to keep Eva with him.  Again which makes us think that she was not in CA.