SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Hey Ladies,

Did anyone else want more details on their beach wedding? Like how Gideon gave Eva the ring? Did she see it for the first time when he put it on her finger? Or after  he said 'marry me' on the chaise after pulling her from the water? I'm sure we're going to get  to read all the vows from their next wedding, but , idk...I kinda wanted more. Greedy, I know. I think that Gideon will design her wedding band...maybe inscribe something sweet inside.

I reread EWY last night...lol...sooo...got some thoughts/questions.

Deanna really really annoys me. I mean, it was a one night stand...how hurt could you be? What was she expecting?

I hope the Megumi thing is just her being sick and lazy to respond...Eva doesn't need more drama.

I've said this before, but I think that Monica should feel extremely guilty for what happened to Eva. Four years is a LONG time....I mean, maybe the abuse only occurred when Monica and Barker were out, events, trips etc...but still...Like Eva said, the staff -hate them too- had to have known...so how could your own mother not catch on?!?!

Oh! That's the other thing! re where Eva grew up...I thought it was it was in Cali the whole time, only moving to SD in college to be by Victor...but in rereading last night, the part I noticed is when Victor called Eva after finding out  and said 'how could she not have known something was wrong? I knew when you came to California!' (something like that)....so where was Eva living?I guess wherever Monica's husbands were .

I hope Tatiana isn't preg either...Btw, I just realized, in reading these posts, why I was so confused w/ the whole Tatiana naked scene.  I thought that it was Tatiana walking INTO the kitchen when Eva stopped her ( idk what I was thinking )...but it was her walking BACK to the bedroom w/ two bottles of water...Duh :rolleyes_anim: ...I really want to know if she and Gideon had a conversation lol...or did he just turn around and make his coffee??

Ok...that's all I can remember now ...

I can't believe we have to wait another month to get snippets/snapshots :(  again, greedy....

Maybe not a Sept release then? Boo :(

Hi Nathalia :)

I would have liked to read Gideon's mind before, during and after the wedding... his panic at Eva's runner and his insecuriies about Brett... his bliss at having secured Eva in his life!!

Like Gideon himself pointed out in Bared, we have spent so much time inside their minds during their hottest and most painful moments so far that this keeping us at a distance from their most precious experience doesn't seem right!!!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for the info. I bought my son a Kindle for graduation so at the time I really did my reviews so I determined for me the Kindle was the best choice.  

When I read a book I like to put little post it bookmarks on places that I want to remember or I think was a turning point, etc.  My Crossfire books are full of them.  So I have been researching if there is anyway to mark points in the story on a Kindle and there are so that takes care of that concern.

Barb

You should see my Crossfire ebooks.  I have text highlights color coded based on questions answered from the previous book and questions I want answered in the next.  I also have notes posted to remind me of posts here that agree and/or disagree with to see how it is handled in the future.  I spend so much time in school that I treat some books like homework assignments.  I have fun when I read.

You should see my Crossfire ebooks.  I have text highlights color coded based on questions answered from the previous book and questions I want answered in the next.  I also have notes posted to remind me of posts here that agree and/or disagree with to see how it is handled in the future.  I spend so much time in school that I treat some books like homework assignments.  I have fun when I read.

Oh that is funny, my book copies of the 3 books have so many colored little bookmark post-its looks funny!!!  

Oh that is funny, my book copies of the 3 books have so many colored little bookmark post-its looks funny!!!

Well hello ladies.

My copy of Entwined is going on holiday with a friend. :( it's a good job I didn't make notes, but it's plenty dog eared for quick reference. Lol :)

Good job I bought my daughter a copy! Lol ;)

Yes, she should really move on. I guess she thinks w. her job, she could use it to get back at him. But, it's not like he's spreading the word that they were together, he's not further embarrassing her. I feel like she's doing that to herself.

Monica,  I just want to know her story....what was she doing the whole time!? her husband wasn't even around too much. Someone had said something about her being involved/realted to the Russian mob....Idk...do they present their daughters to society as debutantes too? :)

Right, I agree. It was horrible the way he treated her. He did say he didn't think he speak more than a doz words to her the whole night, and she still left w/ him. Idk, drama drama drama.

it was horrid the way Gideon treated Deanna, I think we can all agree with that, I am like you I would like to know more about Monica's story, that for me will be the biggest question I want answered.

:)

I might be in the minority, here, but I love that we don't get to see inside Gideon's head.  So many times I'm reading along, thinking, "OK, this is terrible, there's no excuse for this," and then we later find out what Gideon was really doing/thinking/feeling (because he tells Eva part or all of it) and - click - it makes sense.  I also love the way both characters' perceptions and actions are colored by their insecurities.  The places we see Eva being an unreliable narrator are clever and well done.  IMO, these bits are what makes it so much fun to reread the Crossfire books.  A lot of authors attempt it [unreliable narrators, misunderstandings] but Day does it so very well!  I find myself nodding along rather than being frustrated.

You know I have never done that with my Ipad no wonder it takes me so long to find a particular paragraph Doh!!!! maybe I should do that from now on LOL

Well hello ladies.

My copy of Entwined is going on holiday with a friend. :( it's a good job I didn't make notes, but it's plenty dog eared for quick reference. Lol :)

Good job I bought my daughter a copy! Lol ;)

I just sighed a sigh of relief there as I wondered how you were going to cope with your book being so far away :P

A friend of mine from work let me take her Kindle Fire home last night and play with it I like it a lot!!!  The one I had gotten my son was just the ereader Kindle.

I just need to decide   :)

I'm getting the Fire.  On the Nook I have internet access.  It is great when I'm reading something that doesn't make sense I can jump on the web and research.  I like Preston/Childs Pendergrast series.  He is a detective with a very unique background.  His books have a lot of archeology and antiquity information in them.  I will often go and visit the city, museum or dig in the book in the virtual world so I can get a feel for where he is. 

I love my Ipad for the books, I can read them anywhere and when we are slow at work I can catch up I do like paper copy books but never been to a book signing as they are either in London or over the pond, however, Kirsten was lovely at the book bash as she got me a signed copy of Entwined from Sylvia so that is now in a safe place.

That was very nice.  Kristen is very kind and generous person. 

I might be in the minority, here, but I love that we don't get to see inside Gideon's head.  So many times I'm reading along, thinking, "OK, this is terrible, there's no excuse for this," and then we later find out what Gideon was really doing/thinking/feeling (because he tells Eva part or all of it) and - click - it makes sense.  I also love the way both characters' perceptions and actions are colored by their insecurities.  The places we see Eva being an unreliable narrator are clever and well done.  IMO, these bits are what makes it so much fun to reread the Crossfire books.  A lot of authors attempt it [unreliable narrators, misunderstandings] but Day does it so very well!  I find myself nodding along rather than being frustrated.

Hi Sarah

I am a bit mixed there sometimes I think I want to know and other times I am glad I don't know LOL

Some peoples kids   :(

1. @SylDay do u reply to your readers or am I wasting my time reading your books. So sorry if I sound rude. Cheers jaqui pic.twitter.com/WSFFZqBc9k

2. @FigureJaqueline I certainly try to!

11:53 PM - 9 Jul 13 (GMT-07:00) Â· Details

I often wonder about this type of person.  My mother would have punished me for life if I were that rude to someone, especially in a public forum.  I wonder why celebrities even respond to them. 

You know I have never done that with my Ipad no wonder it takes me so long to find a particular paragraph Doh!!!! maybe I should do that from now on LOL

I am also thinking about an Ipad.  I can load both the Nook and Kindle app on it.  I have them on my Ipod touch so I read books from my Nook, my phone & my touch now just depends where I am. 

I agree.  I like to picture my own fantasy sometimes.  I think once the books are on TV we will see the way Sylvia pictures the wedding and other scenes since she is an advisor and I think she said she is an executive producer but don't hold me to that.

I agree Sarah! I think since we dont get inside Gideon's head its fun to theorize things from his POV.

Hi Gabri, 

It is amazing to see how much a generation can change when looking at how the some of the generations discuss the topic of se* more openly. I think that is a sign of progress.

Hi GiGi

It sure is!!!

I often wonder about this type of person.  My mother would have punished me for life if I were that rude to someone, especially in a public forum.  I wonder why celebrities even respond to them.

same here Sharon.

Yes she sounds bloody rude!

Why do some people think they are centre of the universe.

I agree, I love the way that she has written and hope that they continue.

Hi Gabi again!

I hope you are doing fine! Re your mother - wow - so great! So, did she read the whole story? Was she only appalled and stopped reading?

So great, you can share books with your mum!

Have a nice afternoon ...

sme

Hi sme :)

she has been rereading the trilogy for so long, the books are literally falling apart. She enjoys the romance, the setting of the novels,  Ana's dealing with the fact that Cristian's filthy rich (the scene when she gets her graduation present from him, a first edition of Hardy's Tess, always cracks my mum up!!) As for the s*x scenes she simply skips them now.

BTW: I typed Gideon instead of Christian!!!!

Funny how she's like "sorry if I sound rude"

If you dont want to sound rude then its best to not say anything!!!

There was no other way to take it Claudine. D a m n e d rude!

Does she realise, Sylvia isn't sitting at home awaiting her tweet or FB message. She as a life too!

Some peoples kids   :(

1. @SylDay do u reply to your readers or am I wasting my time reading your books. So sorry if I sound rude. Cheers jaqui pic.twitter.com/WSFFZqBc9k

2. @FigureJaqueline I certainly try to!

11:53 PM - 9 Jul 13 (GMT-07:00) Â· Details

Hi Barb

This jaqueline must be missing some of her marbles!!!!

Hi sme :)

she has been rereading the trilogy for so long, the books are literally falling apart. She enjoys the romance, the setting of the novels,  Ana's dealing with the fact that Cristian's filthy rich (the scene when she gets her graduation present from him, a first edition of Hardy's Tess, always cracks my mum up!!) As for the s*x scenes she simply skips them now.

BTW: I typed Gideon instead of Christian!!!!

Hi Gabri

Can you talk to our mum about the sex?

My mum would have died of embarrassment. I'm ok about it with my daughters, it's them that get embarrassed. Lol perhaps I shouldn't know what I do!!! Must be the billionaires that do it for me. :wub:

I gotta go ladies :(

have to take Huey, Dewy and Louie (my little nephews) to the beach.

Chat later!! :D