SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

It is true!! :D  My cousin (who came over from Europe for a vacation) and my brother (who is 47 years old) decided they were going to have a burping contest.  My dad heard this and decided to join in the fun.  They were howling with laughter!!  Just so impressed with themselves about the noises that they had made....it was like having a bunch of twelve year old boys sitting around and making noises!  :)   

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Gigi, that´s life! And I have so much to learn regarding English, too. And I do think to learn German as an English person it is so much more difficult than vice versa! I do have school background in LATIN, French and Portuguese. Latin helped me to understand better my own language and was the basic to learn very quick the grammar stuff of the french and portuguese language. And I helped with English, too. 

I speak Italian (probably just conversational at this point becuase I don't have someone to speak it with...sigh!).  I also speak some French and speak Greek.  My Aunt speaks German, Greek, Italian, French, Polish, Russian, English and other languages which I can't remember right now.   

I find that if you speak another language then learning a subsequent language isn't as difficult.  German is also very similar to English in that some of the same grammar rules apply and such.  I have German neighbours that I do my best to speak with...well actually I sputter out a few words and they laugh at me and then procede to eat the "freshly baked good" that I have offered for said privilige. I will get there eventually.   :D

A coincidence, indeed!

Wow, such a long history regarding your family! Great! A royalty and scoundrels, too! How super interesting! Yes, to dig deep in history you need a lot of time and money, too or very good connections! 

From the carnal parents from my mum with have only little information to almost nothing. Such a pitty. But - I will see - maybe with the new contacts we will find out more. Even if the grandmother is already death!

I was always very interested in history. Was one of my majors in high school! Almost started to choose it as a major at the university, too. So, do you know and love the books of DIANA GABALDON? Her books have a great love story, time travel, and all the history of the beginning of the STATES. These books I´ve read mainly in German because the translator is so phantastic but started reading the whole - yet unfinished - saga in English, too. 

Well, regarding your ancestors ... you need to come to Germany one day and do more research! It is never to late!

SME

I haven't ready her books yet but I will check them out.  I read a lot of historical novels but I have to be in the mood. 

I come from a large family on my father's side.  We are using ancestry.com to do our research.  We all chip in and post what we find.  It is much less expensive that way. 

My dad's family is of German ancestry on both parent's sides.  My mom's family is of German & Irish ancestry.  A couple of cousins are working with me on a trip to both Germany and Ireland/UK next year if we can coordinate vacation times.  We need more than two weeks to see what we want; we are trying to get four consecutive weeks but none of us has final approval yet. 

Sorry for the double post. Don't know how that happened. Just wanted to add tho, amongst my friends anyway and at the age of about 20 (I'm assuming Brett is around the same age as Eva) telling the guys you just had the best sex of your life was pretty much a declaration of love for the girl you were talking about. That's my opinion of the scenario. Take from it what you will :)

Hello Ms. Rogue, 

Twenty years old is twenty-two years ago for me.  Perhaps I have gotten cranky with my advanced age? ;)  

Don't worry about the double posting.  It is all good.  :)

I hope you were safe and sound last night with that rain, Kirsten was saying to me last night it was raining round beside her as well :)

I'm safe but I have some crazy neighbors who set off fireworks around 1 a.m. after the rain stopped.  My sleep was interrupted so I'm not a happy camper this morning.   Actually if they had regular fireworks it wouldn't have bothered me because I sleep like a rock but they fired off a couple of M80s close to my bedroom window.  The sound scared me  and I bolted upright in the bed.  It took me a couple minutes to get my bearings.  Once I was awake it took me till 3 to fall back to sleep.

Hi Gigi!

I don´t think Victor feels like crap! I just think he suspects that a lot of money corrupts people or that he doesn´t feel so comfortable with them and the social atmosphere there are living in! 

I do think they can bond over (apart from the fact they both love EVA and care for her safety) physical things like sport and the martial arts and when he finds out that Gideon is no an arrogant upper class buddy. 

HI SME,

Do you think that it might be possible that Victor might feel guilty about having sex with a married woman?  Could it be that Victor might not feel comfortable with people who have considerable sums of money because maybe he was treated like he was less than because he didn't have money?

There is an old saying:  Money doesn't corrupt people, money just shows you what the person is like faster (i.e. if a person is kind then they will be just as king and generous as they were before the money.  If a person was a jerk, then that person would be an even bigger jerk-people would just notice it faster because of the money).  What do you think?

I'm safe but I have some crazy neighbors who set off fireworks around 1 a.m. after the rain stopped.  My sleep was interrupted so I'm not a happy camper this morning.   Actually if they had regular fireworks it wouldn't have bothered me because I sleep like a rock but they fired off a couple of M80s close to my bedroom window.  The sound scared me  and I bolted upright in the bed.  It took me a couple minutes to get my bearings.  Once I was awake it took me till 3 to fall back to sleep.

Hi Sharon, 

I am sorry you had a crappy night's sleep.  What is an M80?  It sounds like a military weapon...yuck!  :)

I haven't ready her books yet but I will check them out.  I read a lot of historical novels but I have to be in the mood. 

I come from a large family on my father's side.  We are using ancestry.com to do our research.  We all chip in and post what we find.  It is much less expensive that way. 

My dad's family is of German ancestry on both parent's sides.  My mom's family is of German & Irish ancestry.  A couple of cousins are working with me on a trip to both Germany and Ireland/UK next year if we can coordinate vacation times.  We need more than two weeks to see what we want; we are trying to get four consecutive weeks but none of us has final approval yet. 

Hi Sharon, 

I hope you find your family roots.  It can be a wonderful thing. :)

Scottish Phrases from Angus, ones I like anyway

May the best ye've ever seen

Be the warst ye'll ever see.

May the moose ne'er lea' yer aumrie

Wi' a tear-drap in his e'e.

May ye aye keep hail an' hertie

Till ye're auld eneuch tae dee.

May ye aye be jist as happy

As we wiss ye noo tae be. Translation:-

May the best you've ever seen

Be the worst you'll ever see.

May the mouse never leave your pantry

With a tear-drop in his eye.

May you always keep healthy and hearty

Until you're old enough to die.

May you always be just as happy

As we wish you now to be.

Where'er ye bide in the world sae wide,

We wish ye a neuk on the sunny side,

Wi' muckle o' love and little o' care,

A wee bit pursie wi' siller to spare,

Yer ain wee ingle when day is spent,

In a wee bit housie wi' hearts content. - Translation

Wherever you live in the world so wide,

We wish you a nook on the sunny side,

With much love and little care,

A little purse with money to spare,

Your own little hearth when day is spent,

In a little house with hearts content.

Love these.    I'm going to put  these in my book to share.

Here in Pinellas we have a large group with Scottish ties.  Dunedin's sister city is Stirling and a lot of Scottish dignitaries come over for special events.  My co-worker belongs to a couple organizations and she had invited me to participate.  It is great fun especially the scotch tasting parties.  I have to line up one of my kids to pick me up because I do more than taste.  

Hi Julie,

Do you think that maybe Michael got upset about being used for one last fling? Could it be that act that caused Michael to snap and beat up Megumi (assuming that Megumi has been beaten up and is avoidng people)? What do you think?

hi Gigi

I'm worried that Michael has lost it. Being rejected by both girls. Lacey is "out of town" and Megumi is "ill". Hmmmmm. I think something sinister has gone on.

Megumi also stated when she, Eva, Trey and Cary went for dinner, that Micheal wouldn't like it, when Cary suggested shouting sex demands down the phone, and saying she was tied up. I think the girls are in trouble. Or totally over thinking the situation as usual. :)

Hi Julie,

Do you think that Victor knows that Gideon killed Nathan?  What would have tipped him off?  Any ideas?  How do you think Victor would react knowing that his daughter is going to marry a murderer?  We all know that Nathan was scum, but Gideon would still be a murderer?  What do you think?

"Your right about Victor.

I'm sure when he came back to New York, knowing about Eva's abuse, knowing what Nathan did to his little girl, he realised it was Gideon who killed Nathan. He admitted he wanted to hurt him. I wonder how the conversation went between Victor and Gideon, when Gideon asked to marry Eva. Gideon said he taped it."

Hi Gigi

I think Victor put two and two together. He could sense the sexual tension between Gideon and Eva. He knew they had a connection. Eva said herself, he could read situations and people, being a cop. I'm sure he sized up the situation the night Graves and Michna, paid Eva a visit, and wanting to speak to Gideon too.

From Victors point of view, I would say he would thank Gideon for saving his daughters life, after reading the reports, of the numerous rapes, torture and abuse. I would like to think Victor and Gideon had a heart to heart when Gideon asked for her hand in marriage. Of course Gideon wouldn't and couldnt mention the murder, but he could convince Victor how much he loves Eva, and would protect her at all costs.

Is there already a thread for Other Books?  If not, there should be!  I'll never find all the great recommendations for authors/series/books again when I'm ready to shop for new books.  This thread is fabulous, but too long to easily search through!  :)

Is there already a thread for Other Books?  If not, there should be!  I'll never find all the great recommendations for authors/series/books again when I'm ready to shop for new books.  This thread is fabulous, but too long to easily search through!  :)

This one got started a while back but seems inactive for the most part.  :)

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Hope helps...

This one got started a while back but seems inactive for the most part.  :)

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Hope helps...

Hey ladies

Amazon seem to be selling Afterburn and Aftershock as one book due out in November over here. Not singularly. Our other main book store Waterstones hasn't got it on their web page yet. How is it being marketed in the USA please?

Walmart has the same thing the dual book, Amazon has the Kindle version of the Afterburn but not paperback yet.

Thanks Barbara

It's the same here. I want paperback not kindle. I may have to wait till November. Perhaps nearer August it may change. :)

Hello, welcome back and HI Julie!

You can always look on amazon.com to see in what kind of forms the sell the stories.

Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Afterburn-Aftershock-Cosmo-Red-Hot-Harlequin/dp/0373622430/ref=sr_1_1_title_0_main?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1373040357&sr=1-1&keywords=afterburn+sylvia+day

They are selling the 2 stories in one book. Same here in Germany!

Hope this will help you!

sme

Hi Sme

Amazon are selling the 2 books as 1, due out in November. I thought they were selling them separately. Afterburn in August and Aftershock in November. Afterburn is out on kindle in August.

Thank you for posting

Hope your afternoon is good.

Good morning Ms. Rogue,

I read your posting and I can completely see where you are coming from. Megumi is a good substitution as far as I am concerned. I was just a little worried about Corinne’s physical safety as many women seem to have it out for her! ;)

I can see where you are coming from with having a large group of friends. My experience of “Rock Stars†has only been my one friend (who dated someone extremely famous). When Brett spoke with one of his friends and slagged Eva, it reminded me of what these guys were like on the road. Women threw themselves at these guys and the “roadiesâ€. The way that women were regarded was just appalling and my friend was the lead singer’s girlfriend (she still got called names etc.)!

I can absolutely see where you are coming from with a group of friends. I think however a different dynamic occurs when someone begins to become famous. If they happen to surround themselves with a bunch of “yes†people and their surrounding group has a bunch of dirt hogs, then the dynamic changes drastically.

The difference between you and Eva is that Eva wasn’t part of the crowd; she was part of the P*ssy Posey. There’s a big difference there. Brett never gave Eva the status of “girlfriend†she got the status of the best of the bunch; big difference again. I get what you are saying; if Brett had truly liked Eva then he wouldn’t have been sleeping with all of the other girls who threw themselves at him.

Listen, between me you and the rest of the other ladies; I don’t care how old a man gets, on a good day most men have the emotional mentality of twelve year old boys! :D They think that their burps are funny! Passing gas in public and blaming it on someone else is absolutely hilarious to them…sigh! :D What would women do without men? :D Now, now, don’t try to deny this ladies, I can’t be the only woman in this forum who has men like this in her clan. :)

What do you think? I hope you have a wonderful weekend lady! :)

Hi Gigi,

Totally get where ypu are coming from and agree that with fame comes a greater disrespect for women or so it seems.

However I would question just how famous Brett was back then... it is only now 4 years later that they have been signed and are starting to find real fame. So I'm just not sure this applies to Brett in the way it would to someone who was truly famous. Back then he was probably at best a local celebrity.

My ex was the lead singer of a very well known local band and yes there were even groupies, but at that level (which they never got beyond) they were not disrespecting women in the way you describe. Sure the groupies threw themselves at band members and some of them took advantage of that, but I spent alot of time around all of these guys and I never once heard them speak to a woman (groupie or otherwise) in any sort of derogatory way. When it was just the band they'd have talked about sex like boys do but it was no different to any other guys I've known.

Now I assume their level of fame to be similar to Brett's back when he first knew Eva, which is why I'm thinking he was just a boy being a boy and not such a toad. But as I said thats an assumption I could be wrong

Have a fantastic weekend :)