SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Hi Gigi,

I agree and I can understand why she would be embarrassed by the video. But I don't think that was Brett's intention when he made it. He has no way of knowing that Eva is ashamed or embarrassed by that part of her past - she's never told him.

My point is though that I think Brett has matured and wants more than just sex this time. Ok he made a couple of crude and inappropriate comments but that was hardly all he said.

He said he wanted to make a proper go of things with Eva and even suggested how they might make it work given that they live in different cities and he's on tour. I think this shows that he has spent quite a lot of time thinking about what went wrong before and how to correct those mistakes this time. That sex isn't all he wants this time, though I don't believe it was all he ever wanted before. Do you see where I'm coming from?

Good morning my most favourite Ms. Rogue,

I can completely see where you are coming from. I can absolutely agree that Brett was young and inexperienced as far as love was concerned.  I have a hard time reconcilling Brett having a good laugh at Eva's expense.  Even if someone was young, I would hope that Brett would have nipped that "chatter" in the bud but he didn't and ultimately Eva saw the writing on the wall.  She saw how she was regarded by Brett and she walked.  No one likes to be thought of a s wh*re (even if their actions have been less than stellar). 

I guess we will never know if Brett turned out to be a good guy or not.  Eva is now married and she needs to put an end to this Brett charade.  If she doesn't a lot of people will end up getting hurt needlessly.  That is why I suggest Deanna!  If Brett really is the great guy that many ladies think he is, then let him use use wooing skills on someone who desperately needs them!  Deanna can also report about Brett and his band!  I am telling you this is a winner winner situation!  What do you think?  :D

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scottish Phrases from Angus, ones I like anyway

May the best ye've ever seen

Be the warst ye'll ever see.

May the moose ne'er lea' yer aumrieWi' a tear-drap in his e'e.

May ye aye keep hail an' hertieTill ye're auld eneuch tae dee.

May ye aye be jist as happy

As we wiss ye noo tae be. Translation:-

May the best you've ever seen

Be the worst you'll ever see.

May the mouse never leave your pantry

With a tear-drop in his eye.

May you always keep healthy and hearty

Until you're old enough to die.

May you always be just as happy

As we wish you now to be.

Where'er ye bide in the world sae wide,

We wish ye a neuk on the sunny side,

Wi' muckle o' love and little o' care,

A wee bit pursie wi' siller to spare,

Yer ain wee ingle when day is spent,

In a wee bit housie wi' hearts content. - Translation

Wherever you live in the world so wide,

We wish you a nook on the sunny side,

With much love and little care,

A little purse with money to spare,

Your own little hearth when day is spent,

In a little house with hearts content.

Love this, Sheens! You should have given it to us sooner, I could have chosen any number of phrases from it - it seemed like Angus only said a few words, so I just guessed. I'm particularly fond of, "may the mousie never leave your pantry with a teardrop in his eye."

I'm not offended at all.  I actually enjoy debating but I prefer to do it in person.  I tend to become passionate and offend the other person when the debate is in writing.  In person, I can judge body language and adjust my argument or take it down a notch or two. 

My daughter and son-in-law were stationed in Germany for a little over a year.  We were just planning to come over for a visit when they were moved back to the States.  This is the second time I was suppose to go to Germany and my plans had to change.  I guess it isn't meant to be.  My dad's ancestors were from Germany.  My cousin and I recently started researching our ancestry to see how far back we can go.  We had my daughter running all over Germany to get us information but she wasn't there long enough to get everything we wanted. 

Hi Sharon, 

You make such a great point.  It can be difficult to ascertain whether a person is offended by a spirited debated.  You are also correct in that it is much easier to debate in person.  A person can read the other person's body language.  I just hope that everyone takes the postings with a grain of salt...at least I hope so.  :)

My understanding is that Eva could sue for invasion of privacy.  She had no idea that she was being taped when she and Brett were intimate.  What I wonder is if criminal charges could be layed against someone who invades the privacy of another person.  I defer to the expert for the final verdict.

Trouble with suing is that it would probably give the whole thing even more publicity. I think people often find that out when they sue over libel or slander.

Hi SME,

You are correct, a Catholic priest, a Greek Orthodox Priest and a few other faiths that have confession as a sacrament.  They are bound legally and morally by their church; that any parishioner who comes in an confesses to a crime cannot be turned in.  Courts also cannot compel priests who listen to confessions to break the “vow of confessionâ€. 

I hope that Victor and Gideon become closer.  I think that it might help Gideon emotionally on so many levels.  A relationship between Victor and Gideon can only be good.  What do you think?

Trouble with suing is that it would probably give the whole thing even more publicity. I think people often find that out when they sue over libel or slander.

Absolutely correct about that fact; that court case would get some much publicity it would be unreal!  Sigh! 

Gigi, 

laughing lout about you matching Deanna and Brett! What a nice idea! SUUUPPERR!

Hi SME, 

If that match-up doesn't work out; then I am all for whack-a-doo Corinne poo, with Brett!  Maybe she can let a little crazy rub off on him and maybe he can ground her a bit.  This scenario can only work out if she gets out of the mental hospital, dumps Jean Francois and gets regular mental help!  Fingers crossed here!! :)

Bit of pillow talk there Nancy! Wink wink! Lol :wub:

Fayeth, I'm a little concerned about all this crushing on Angus. I put in a claim for him not long after I joined this forum. Surely there are plenty of younger guys you can hit on - Daniel, Arnoldo, Cary, etc. Besides, I know what he said to Gideon after the vows. :)

You ladies are hillarious!! :D  :D  

Hi Julie,

Do you think that Victor knows that Gideon killed Nathan?  What would have tipped him off?  Any ideas?  How do you think Victor would react knowing that his daughter is going to marry a murderer?  We all know that Nathan was scum, but Gideon would still be a murderer?  What do you think?

"Your right about Victor.
I'm sure when he came back to New York, knowing about Eva's abuse, knowing what Nathan did to his little girl, he realised it was Gideon who killed Nathan. He admitted he wanted to hurt him. I wonder how the conversation went between Victor and Gideon, when Gideon asked to marry Eva. Gideon said he taped it."

Gigi,

great, so I am not wrong regarding confessing in a priest!

Re Victor and G getting closer: On the long run I do see this but not so very quick. I suppose Victor has a little to overcome his prejuidices regarding G´s social standing and all the money! But yes, to get closer to Victor will and could help G! In any case V will be forever grateful G for extinguishing the danger of Nathan by hurting Eva ever again.

SME

Hi SME,

You are correct, I think that Victor is uncomfortable with wealth.  His relationship with Monica never worked out because he never had enough money and I am sure that must by playing out in Victor's mind.  What might help Gideon is the fact that Victor was a naughty boy when he slept with a very married Monica!!

Victor may being feeling like crap and as such he might be willing to give Gideon more of a chance instead of judging him harshly from the outset.   What do you think? 

OH no, I don´t think I can stand to look at another snippet from a book I am so curious to read! This will killing me! It was with all the snippets from EWY! First I didn´t take a look at. Then I did and I got crazy and impatient and got anxious about all the if´s! 

Maybe this time I quit! I do not allow myself to look at the snippets this time. Maybe a few days before! PLS don´t be offended! Your idea is great ...

But this is only my opinion. Go ahead and open a new section and I can enjoy much later all your great speculations .... 

Unfortunately, YES! But I do try my best this time to withstand to take a look! We will see if I do succeed or not .... :) !

Hi SME, 

I agree.  I found it so challenging last time.  I didn't read the first chapter of EWY because when I read the first chapter from RIY, I thought that it took something away from the overall book.  I wanted every chapter to be fresh and unknown to me.  I really enjoyed the third book though.  Oh boy, is it ever going to be a challenge wait for the fourth book. :)

maybe a Dr she was seeing before she went to France to get married.  don't have a clue....but I just don't think it is Anne Lucas.

Hi Jmhope,

I read your posting and I don’t have an opinion about whether Anne Lucas is treating or had treated Corinne in the past.  I don’t think that there is enough information for me to speculate accurately.  So I have been listening to everyone’s theories and have tested a few of them to see if they hold validity.  Thanks for your opinion.  Have a great weekend.  :)

GiGi, on 05 Jul 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:
Hi Rogue,
I read your posting and I agree with you in that Brett isn’t to blame for anything that he has done since the kiss. Eva has been stringing him along. It is just my personal opinion that she is using him to keep the police at bay, but one never knows with these books. 

I think that although Eva may have liked the song, I think she may have wanted to crawl under a rock when she saw that video. That video represented a time in her past that she wasn’t proud of. 

Brett and Eva’s relationship was only about se* and nothing else which is really sad in a way. I will concede that maybe Brett didn’t have any other way to connect with Eva but I would have hoped that he would have matured over the past several years. What do you think?

Hi Gigi,
I agree and I can understand why she would be embarrassed by the video. But I don't think that was Brett's intention when he made it. He has no way of knowing that Eva is ashamed or embarrassed by that part of her past - she's never told him. 

My point is though that I think Brett has matured and wants more than just sex this time. Ok he made a couple of crude and inappropriate comments but that was hardly all he said. 
He said he wanted to make a proper go of things with Eva and even suggested how they might make it work given that they live in different cities and he's on tour. I think this shows that he has spent quite a lot of time thinking about what went wrong before and how to correct those mistakes this time. That sex isn't all he wants this time, though I don't believe it was all he ever wanted before. Do you see where I'm coming from? 

To both of You: Gigi & Roque!

Gigi: I don´t know if Eva really likes the song "GOLDEN"! I thought all the time EVA is only polite at the video release because she is teached to be nice by her mother no matter what. But maybe this is only wishful thinking.

Ah, I have to overthink all the Brett issues! Rereading the three books (because after each rereading I do see think and understand the main persons more and different!

Roque: 

Thank you in sharing your ideas. Helps to question mine.

You are right, Eva never told Brett that she is ashamed of her actings (sexual behaviour) with him! 

And I do agree Brett told Eva he is interested in more and from his point of view he couldn´t have any clue what is really going on between G &E. But he still doesn´t know her, didn´t know her properly in the past (maybe tried we don´t know yet)! Or better I don´t believe him in the moment where he tells Eva he wants more.

I remember now that in the third book ( I have to look up the right scene) Eva mentioned something important (without mentioned it to the reader) about Brett, why she is interested in keeping contact and more! 

And you could also be right that Brett - in the past - wanted more. We only have the thoughts of Eva and her remembering, her side of her impressions and this could be not the entire story of the two of them. 

Mann oh Mann (German: like Oh my goodness!), I do have give Brett more credit!

Hi SME,

You are correct, no one can know what Eva was thinking when she heard the song.  She was at the Vidal Launch Party when she saw the video and she was with Gideon at the rock concert when she heard the song for the first time.  At neither time did Eva have a chance to sit and listen to the lyrics in the privacy of her own home where she could deicde how she feels about the entire situation. 

Cary sprang the concert and seeing Brett on her (he didn't tell her in advane) and Brett sprang the video on her during the Launch party.  Personally, I found that video revolting.  I wouldn't have been as charitable as many others but that's just me.  Brett isn't my favourite character in the book.  Time will tell if he is (ohhh,,,,I have the perfect German word but can't say it...sigh!:D)  or whether he will be half decent.

P.S.  Remind me to tell you about the time I had to treat a patient with my very limited German....here's a hint:  Gut morgin frau das is gut for you...ya...ok...sitz....oh?....platz....The patient came out afterwards and said to my boss; this girl is so strange to which my boss replied:  "oh don't worry she is Canadian."  :)

I can completely see where you are coming from. I can absolutely agree that Brett was young and inexperienced as far as love was concerned. I have a hard time reconcilling Brett having a good laugh at Eva's expense. Even if someone was young, I would hope that Brett would have nipped that "chatter" in the bud but he didn't and ultimately Eva saw the writing on the wall. She saw how she was regarded by Brett and she walked. No one likes to be thought of a s wh*re (even if their actions have been less than stellar).

I guess we will never know if Brett turned out to be a good guy or not. Eva is now married and she needs to put an end to this Brett charade. If she doesn't a lot of people will end up getting hurt needlessly. That is why I suggest Deanna! If Brett really is the great guy that many ladies think he is, then let him use use wooing skills on someone who desperately needs them! Deanna can also report about Brett and his band! I am telling you this is a winner winner situation! What do you think? :D

Hi Gigi,

I guess I don't think Deanna is good enough for him, she has a vindictive streak that one, how about Megumi? ;)

I can see what you mean about Brett having a laugh at Eva's expense and I can understand why she felt that way. I just wanted to explain why I don't think I he was doing it to laugh at her or be unkind in any way...

I have grown up in a big but very close crowd of friends, on average there is at least 20 of us out every weekend, with a fairly even divide male/female. We generally get together at someone's house and the night always begins the same way... all the girls in one room and the boys in another. In both rooms sex is a common topic but the difference in which girls and boys are prepared to talk about it even amongst their closest friends has always fascinated me. I should explain that I am a total tomboy and always end up in with the boys long before the crowd starts to mix, so I have been privy to many a boy chat about sex.

When one of the guys meets someone new, I can tell by their face if they really like her or not but his words - its all about the sex. Because guys don't admit to romantic feelings or mushy stuff in front of other guys unless they know the girl feels the same way.

What I mean is, my boyfriend and I have been together for 9 years. Everyone in our crowd of friends respects our relationship and they dont give him hassle for not reducing our sex life into some silly joke for his mates. I know he still talks about us sometimes, just as I do with the girls - but its in a different way than the singles.

Before Eva overheard Brett talking about her, she had tried to make the sex the best Brett had ever had. If it was indeed the best sex he'd ever had, every guy I know would have been quite quick to tell his mates, how awesome it was. This is his way of telling the guys he really likes this girl without looking like a p***y - which is ridiculous but totally true. Do you get what I mean? I thunk Brett could have been more respectful and he definitely should have made sure Eva was out of ear shot but he was just a boy being a boy. I mean the guys I spend time with are hitting 30 and while they have matured significantly over the last 10-15 years that I've known them, they still talk sex with their mates - everyone does .

Oh god, we are so on the same page here!!!

I did read the first chapter right away because I had just finished book 1 and 2 for the third or fourth time and couldn´t wait any longer to start with the third book. I was so afraid if Eva and Gideon would be a long time apart!

But I did find out ,too, that the snippets and the preview took away suspense and some gusto to devour EWY for me!

I really love to speculate after reading an ongoing series like now but after some time (some weeks), like I do now, but I need to let go and forget everything after a few weeks. To dive in another story and than - with the next installment - reread the already published books of the ongoing series and right away afterwards continue with the next one!

This is why I tell you all that at some point in the next weeks I am going to post less or nothing until we are coming very near the next installment. In the moment I do so much enjoy in discussing with you all! It is addictive but I do think for the weekend there must be a pause/break. 

You understand?

It is all good!  Feel free to post as much or as little as you like.  I too have been reading other books in the interm.  I have read the books twice but i can't keep rereading the books over and over.  I find that a person can tend to lose perspective about the writing and may begin to infer things that may not actually be there.  That is why I try to keep an open mind (sometimes I am not successful though).

I can go with a theory so long as it is grounded in reality (i.e. I use legal framework to base my opinions on or scientific information to base my theories on).  Otherwise it is too much of a stretch for me.  I have a science background and as such my training has taught me that in order to prove one theory is correct, all other opposing theories must be incorrect which can make theorizing a little difficult.  I do my best to try and provide another opinion to the "theory table".

I personally didn't get too involved with the photos because I had absolutely no idea where Sylvia was going with them.  I just found them a pleasant distraction.  My only suggestion for snippets would be; I would have loved to have a snippet that was deleated from the book; like an extra!  I would have absolutely loved to have extra snippets (ones that were cut either by Sylvia or the publishers or the editors), but he snippets were nice overall. 

Just enjoy yourself while you are here!  :)

I can completely see where you are coming from. I can absolutely agree that Brett was young and inexperienced as far as love was concerned. I have a hard time reconcilling Brett having a good laugh at Eva's expense. Even if someone was young, I would hope that Brett would have nipped that "chatter" in the bud but he didn't and ultimately Eva saw the writing on the wall. She saw how she was regarded by Brett and she walked. No one likes to be thought of a s wh*re (even if their actions have been less than stellar).

I guess we will never know if Brett turned out to be a good guy or not. Eva is now married and she needs to put an end to this Brett charade. If she doesn't a lot of people will end up getting hurt needlessly. That is why I suggest Deanna! If Brett really is the great guy that many ladies think he is, then let him use use wooing skills on someone who desperately needs them! Deanna can also report about Brett and his band! I am telling you this is a winner winner situation! What do you think? :D

Hi Gigi,

I guess I don't think Deanna is good enough for him, she has a vindictive streak that one, how about Megumi? ;)

I can see what you mean about Brett having a laugh at Eva's expense and I can understand why she felt that way. I just wanted to explain why I don't think I he was doing it to laugh at her or be unkind in any way...

I have grown up in a big but very close crowd of friends, on average there is at least 20 of us out every weekend, with a fairly even divide male/female. We generally get together at someone's house and the night always begins the same way... all the girls in one room and the boys in another. In both rooms sex is a common topic but the difference in which girls and boys are prepared to talk about it even amongst their closest friends has always fascinated me. I should explain that I am a total tomboy and always end up in with the boys long before the crowd starts to mix, so I have been privy to many a boy chat about sex.

When one of the guys meets someone new, I can tell by their face if they really like her or not but his words - its all about the sex. Because guys don't admit to romantic feelings or mushy stuff in front of other guys unless they know the girl feels the same way.

What I mean is, my boyfriend and I have been together for 9 years. Everyone in our crowd of friends respects our relationship and they dont give him hassle for not reducing our sex life into some silly joke for his mates. I know he still talks about us sometimes, just as I do with the girls - but its in a different way than the singles.

Before Eva overheard Brett talking about her, she had tried to make the sex the best Brett had ever had. If it was indeed the best sex he'd ever had, every guy I know would have been quite quick to tell his mates, how awesome it was. This is his way of telling the guys he really likes this girl without looking like a p***y - which is ridiculous but totally true. Do you get what I mean? I thunk Brett could have been more respectful and he definitely should have made sure Eva was out of ear shot but he was just a boy being a boy. I mean the guys I spend time with are hitting 30 and while they have matured significantly over the last 10-15 years that I've known them, they still talk sex with their mates - everyone does .

Sorry for the double post. Don't know how that happened. Just wanted to add tho, amongst my friends anyway and at the age of about 20 (I'm assuming Brett is around the same age as Eva) telling the guys you just had the best sex of your life was pretty much a declaration of love for the girl you were talking about. That's my opinion of the scenario. Take from it what you will :)

Hi Gigi,

Good morning Ms. Rogue,

I read your posting and I can completely see where you are coming from.  Megumi is a good substitution as far as I am concerned.  I was just a little worried about Corinne’s physical safety as many women seem to have it out for her! ;)

I can see where you are coming from with having a large group of friends.  My experience of “Rock Stars†has only been my one friend (who dated someone extremely famous).   When Brett spoke with one of his friends and slagged Eva, it reminded me of what these guys were like on the road.  Women threw themselves at these guys and the “roadiesâ€.  The way that women were regarded was just appalling and my friend was the lead singer’s girlfriend (she still got called names etc.)!

I can absolutely se where you are coming from with a group of friends.  I think however a different dynamic occurs when someone begins to become famous.  If they happen to surround themselves with a bunch of “yes†people and their surrounding group has a bunch of dirt hogs, then the dynamic changes drastically.   

The difference between you and Eva is that Eva wasn’t part of the crowd; she was part of the P*ssy Posey.  There’s a big difference there.  Brett never gave Eva the status of “girlfriend†she got the status of the best of the bunch; big difference again.   I get what you are saying; if Brett had truly liked Eva then he wouldn’t have been sleeping with all of the other girls who threw themselves at him. 

Listen, between me you and the rest of the other ladies; I don’t care how old a man gets, on a good day most men have the emotional mentality of twelve year old boys! :D  They think that their burps are funny!  Passing gas in public and blaming it on someone else is absolutely hilarious to them…sigh!  :D   What would women do without men?  :D  Now, now, don’t try to deny this ladies, I can’t be the only woman in this forum who has men like this in her clan.  :)

What do you think?  I hope you have a wonderful weekend lady!  :)

Hi SME,

I agree.  Brett is not my favourite character either, but out of the cast of whacky characters Anne Lucas is far more of concern and dare I say dangerous!

It is unfortunate that many rock stars take advantage of all of the se* and wild lifestyle.  Oh well that is for them to deal with. 

As for the "barking thing" I would just bark...woof...woof...woof...to get my point across (or shvienahunt- I would always preface this by saying I had a Doberman and she was a hundt but she used to eat like a swvine).   Patients always used to laugh.  I always made sure I had a picture of her with me.  Near the end of my days there my patients used to ask about my dog and my dad.  I always talk about my dad with my patients.  It makes them laugh!  My dad is very funny! :)

I never had a problem working with the patients, there was always someone there to help and if worst came to worst I used charades to get my point across to the staff and the patients.  It was a real learning experience (very very difficult) but one that I will treasure always.  I learned how to speak Italian because of that experience.  It was a real blessing.

HI SME,

I can totally relate.  So long as someone doesn’t pass a theory off as “expert†testimony, it is all good with me.  When information gets presented as expert testimony, it bothers me because there are a lot of people who read these postings and might not know and might assume. 

Anyone can have whatever theories or thoughts that they want.  It is great!!  It makes for a really lively and enthusiastic forum.  So long as someone doesn’t pass off a piece of information as the Gospel truth, it is all good.  If someone passes off information that is grossly inaccurate or has been passed off as expert testimony (that is not) then I will absolutely challenge that theory.  I make sure that I back up any challenge with solid documented evidence that anyone (should they wish) could investigate and reach the same conclusions. 

At the end of the day, it is a book and this is all for fun.  :)