SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Remember the conversation they had the day they went for lunch - it was like they were talking about completely different people. They never communicated properly back then and so neither of them had any idea of what the other was thinking. Eva's insecurity made her think she was just another groupie whereas Brett thought they had something deeper going on.

Not to mention the lyrics of the song. Brett felt like she was keeping him at a distance, he was allowed to know her body but not her heart. Whereas the way Eva recalls it, she desperately wanted to be his girlfriend and thought she made it quite obvious but he wasn't interested.

Serious communication issues....

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But we can't know for sure what happened when Eva wasn't there. She assumed he would ###### other girls when she wasn't around but that could be her insecurity talking - she wasn't there, she doesn't know what he was doing. He considered them to be an item - he said they were together for 6 months and that that was the longest relationship he'd ever had... I'm not saying he didn't ###### other girls, all I'm saying is, we assume that because Eva assumed it.

That's also a massive part of Eva's confusion at this point in the book. She always assumed she was nothing more than a convenient ###### for Brett, but she's now starting to realise that she might have been wrong - based on the song he wrote about how he felt, and his actions recently...

Yes your right, I've just read their lunch date again.

He admitted the chicks were everywhere, she reminded him, she was one of them. He didnt deny he f* cked them.

But I'm still reserving judgement on him though.

But I will eat crow pie, if he knows nothing about the sextapegate.

:)   Me too maybe but I do not care for him much!!  He will eventually end up hurting our Eva...!!!!

I agree... Although I see that maybe because of Eva's insecurities Brett may have real feelings for her, he did write the song sbout her.  But I don't believe he'll go quietly.  I want to like him....but I just don't.  He spells trouble to me and Eva is going to have to be strong with him.

Hi Sharon

Yes he does feel something for her, I think it's l u s t not love. If he loved her, he wouldn't have been so crude trying to capture Eva's heart. Telling her that one time inside will be enough to convince her. To me he is still immature. His torch needs extinguishing!

And he knows about sextapegate too.

I'm totally on board with you...Brett's torch needs to be extinguished.  When he said those things to her, I cringed. And the video was also crude and way personal.  We'll see what happens in SD, I don't think telling him she's engaged will be enough for him to stop.And I also believe he knows about the sextape and is hoping it will drive Gideon away.

Claude... Ours names are similar AND you live in miami!?!?! Woah O.o

Yes, my name is Claudia, but everyone calls me Claude :) What part of Florida are you from?

But we can't know for sure what happened when Eva wasn't there. She assumed he would ###### other girls when she wasn't around but that could be her insecurity talking - she wasn't there, she doesn't know what he was doing. He considered them to be an item - he said they were together for 6 months and that that was the longest relationship he'd ever had... I'm not saying he didn't ###### other girls, all I'm saying is, we assume that because Eva assumed it.

That's also a massive part of Eva's confusion at this point in the book. She always assumed she was nothing more than a convenient ###### for Brett, but she's now starting to realise that she might have been wrong - based on the song he wrote about how he felt, and his actions recently...

even still the music video was nasty to her.. she was very put off about him spilling the some what personal times they had for all the world to see.

I saw too but also was waiting for someone else to mention maybe he is "commando" as Eva would say  Ha-Ha   :)

Yep!! I noticed it as well!!

I've just finished #1 & 2 in Maya Banks' Breathless Trilogy. Not bad. I'll definitely check out the KGI series. Beth Kery is pretty good-a little BDSM. I'm curious to read some of Raine Miller and Gail McHugh's works. Also been reading more of Sylvia's stuff. BTY was my first SD book. I really like her writing.

I have read both of the MB Breathless books and CANNOT wait for the 3rd book.  J. Kenner's series is great.  I really love Raine Miller's Blackstone series.  She is a great author, at least I think so and she loves her fans.  There are a lot of great authors right now writing all different types of romance novels/series.

Hi Sharon

Funny you should say that, because part of me still thinks the redhead in Bared at the advocacy dinner(which Sylvia denied) is Anne Lucas, given how she is stalking Gideon at functions now! If she said it would be a spoiler, we would know that she was going to crop up later in the books. Oh look, here she is again! Bunny boiler extraordinaire! Probably wrong again, but.........what this space! ;)

Hi Julie, 

Other than Dr. Anne Lucas, who do you think that red head could be?

hi Gigi

That house has so many bad memories for Gideon. His emotions must have been screaming when he found out where Eva was. Yes Hugh wasn't in the picture anymore, but there's creepy Chris, trying to hit on Eva, and his darling mother!

I'm sure we won't find out all in book 4, but the h e l l he went through, was enough not wanting Eva there.

Hi Julie, 

I really hope that we get insight into Gideon's childhood (I am really hoping that we get some clues in book 4). 

Hi Michele

I have been wondering if Eva will have another confrontation with Corinne, as she(Eva) knows how she is manipulating Gideon. All this tiptoeing round her needs to stop! Eva needs to tell her a few home truths, at the very least. Everyone to the bleachers for the show! Lol

Same goes for Brett. Both of these two need to get a clue.

Hi Julie & Michele, 

I sort of hope that Eva doesn't have another confrontation with Corinne.  Corinne is already locked up in the psychiatry ward in the hospital.  If Eva confronted Corinne and got into a fight, do you think that anyone would look at Eva with justification or would they think that Eva was picking on a poor infirm woman? 

If Corinne is a manipulative as everyone says, wouldn't that be playing right into Corinne's hand?  What do you think?

Hi Julie,

I'm not sure if Eva confronted Corinne that it would help any. Corinne's currently on the fast track to crazy. She's not acting rationally at the minute and if Eva were to confront her, there is no telling what she would do. But I don't thibk she would recognise that Gideon has chosen Eva and it's over. I think for Corinne to accept that fact it has to come from Gideon.

Think about it, at which point would you give up...

Eva telling you "he loves me."

Gideon telling you "I love her. "

With both Brett & Corinne, it has to come from the person they are pursuing. It's the only way they'll accept defeat.

Hi Rogue, 

Corinne's situation is really sad.  If she really isn't crazy and just "faked" an attempted suicide, she is now in a lot of trouble, because she would be considered a danger to herself, which means that she would have spend time trying to convince a hospital board that she is "no longer crazy" or "a danger to herself".  If she wasn't crazy before trying to explain her manipulations to a hospital board would more than likely make herself even crazier.

I think that you are correct.  If Corinne is going to accept that she and Gideon are over, she will need to hear it from him (not that I am advocating for that kind of scenario).  Let's hope that Corinne is sane and rational enough to accept "defeat".

Fast track to crazy is right. Corinne just attempted suicide and suffered a miscarriage. Regardless, of anybody's feelings towards her, right now the only person Corinne needs to be confronting is a psychiatrist, hopefully a new one. Gideon and Eva need to stay far far away.

Hi Nancy, 

I agree.  Corinne will finally be getting the help that she needs (whether she wants it or not).