SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

I'm currently re-reading the JD Robb series and its also very good.Its really helped with the book hangover from both Reflected and Entwined .There are 40 plus books so it does keep you going .The other series I think is good is the Bronze Horseman Trilogy by Paulina Simmons it takes you through all the emotions .

You are hillarious Mam2e!  I have never heard it described as a "book hangover"!  You are a very funny lady! :) 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm here (at lunch).  I work in financial aid and getting students ready for the fall.  I haven't had a break today and it will be like this for the next few weeks.  Makes time move quickly while I wait for Captivated. 

You are made from some seriously hearty stock lady! Dealing with stressed out students all day long, can take its toll on a person. :) 

You are hillarious Mam2e!  I have never heard it described as a "book hangover"!  You are a very funny lady! :)

I also read that term somewhere I also thought it was funny and apt.

Gideon said "yes. I took off fast when I was told you were here, and they lost the tail for a while."

I think Paul, reported to Gideon where Eva and Cary had gone, when Clancy picked them up. He(Gideon)sped off, losing the security detail, to get to Eva quickly.

Hi Julie, 

I just thought of something after having read everyone's comments and theories.  What would make Gideon take off that quickly when he found out that Eva was at the Garden Party?  We know that his abuser is no longer present so it couldn't have been an actual matter of physical safety.  Was it emotional for Gideon?  Or is there something more that we the reader haven't found out about yet?  What do you think?

I am surprised that he made it out of the relationship without any black eyes! Dating an MMA star could potentially be hazardous to one's health! :D

Laughing out loud at this ^GiGi.

Thinking about what several of you posted about Sylvia implying there's so much more to Monica's story, I have a feeling Eva is in more danger than her troubles with Nathan. And I think deep down, Eva knows it but she desperately seeks independence. She moved to NYC where her mom happens to be. She's a little dependent on her, knowing Monica and Stanton are close by. She feels super safe with Gideon in that he protects her and makes her feel safe. And she has to know what her mom keeps reiterating in that a guy with money and security teams at his disposal can do it. And everyone knows Carey protects her too. She even made reference to him not letting anything happen to her.

It's the darn not telling her. Wonder why all the secrets? If Eva knew, she could keep her own guard up. I can relate to this in my own life and can't imagine going around in the dark clueless. That's treating Eva like a child. She's getting stronger. Those days are over.

Hi MicheleWV, 

I agree with you.  It is all of this "secret-keeping" that has put Eva most at risk!   don't think that all of the secrets have come to life yet!!  I wonder what secrets are left to tell?  Judging from the whole Russian Mob thing, I have a feeling that it is going to be a whooper of a story to tell!

LOL I tried the audiobook.. I really did. I listened for thirty minutes but I couldnt keep going. I love the book reading it not listening to it. The pace at times doesn't match what I envision sometimes when reading what Eva is thinking and Idk I feel like for me personally Audiobooks and I are not meant to be... unless they get Henry to do Gideon's voice... I may have to revisit and revise ;)

I can relate to that! ;) 

Ok I know I am late to the party. Been looking for a forum like this for a while. Have so much to say and so little time. So I will try and say what I have to without losing my train of thought.

First I think that Monica asked Clancy to kill Nathan but he was too late as Gideon had already did it. This is why she said you never know when and why you will need money. I also think that Clancy knew about the Russian mob through his brother as he does work for the FBI and also Clancy was in the military but he is closed mouth about it which has me thinking he was in special forces so he probably already new how to "cover up" the murder anyway.

Second, I think Gideon already knows that Brett is going to be in SD so he will either go with them or he will meet them there to diffuse the Brett bomb once and for all if he hasn't done it before they leave. I also think that he trusts Eva enough to let her handle the situation on her own. Now that they have started spreading the news about their "engagement" Eva will start wearing her ring s that should diffuse the bomb also. I also agree with the notion that Brett had something to do with the sextape.

Third, I think that Cary knew all about Eva getting back wit Gideon. He is too observant not to know, he knows her better than she knows herself. He was just waiting for Eva to tell him, that is why he was so ###### at her for leaving him out of the loop. I also think that Eva can tell him everything that is going on 'cause Cary loves her and he would do anything for her.

Fourth, the whole Corinne and Deanna issue makes me angry. Once Gideon learns how manipulative she(Corrine) is he will cut her off once and for all. Her husband needs to cart her off back to Paris. Deanna needs to get a grip on herself and leave Gideon alone, if she would just open her eyes she would see that Gideon has eyes for only one person and it is not her. Actually both her and Corrine need to come to this realization. Magdalene has moved on they should follow suit.

Fifth, Christopher should buy a clue and figure out that he will never ever measure up and be as good or better than Gideon. So he needs to stop trying to compete ad be his own man. I think that Christopher is the one giving Corrine false hope where it concerns Gideon. Elizabeth should also buy a clue. I still can't figure out why she thinks Eva is the one "feeding him lies", Gideon was estranged from his family before she even came into the picture so how is she going to take him away?

Last but surely not least (for right now anyway) I think that Gideon is going to design and have a ring made for their next wedding. He gave her his mothers ring for sentimental reasons, as their first wedding was personal and for them he wanted t give her something that meant a lot to him.

These are just some of my thoughts.

Hi Angelmine,

Welcome to the forum!  I hope you enjoy yourself. :)

Your theory about Monica paying off Clancy to cover up Nathan’s murder is wild and sinister and just possibly plausible.  I guess we will have to wait and see how good and honest Clancy is. :)

It wouldn’t surprise me if Gideon already knows that Brett is going to be in San Diego.  It would be in keeping with his ever vigilant personality.  I wonder however if Eva’s wearing of her “engagement†ring will set off a bomb with Brett?  Thus far he still thinks that he has a chance with Eva.

Your idea of Gideon designing a ring for Eva is great!  I hope that Gideon has something spectacular designed just for Eva! :)

I used to listen to audio books more when I lived in Pennsylvania and worked in Baltimore City.  It gave me three hours a day to read while driving.  Now that I live so close to where I no sooner start listening and I'm there.

I told Sheens this story awhile ago.  When I was listening to Reflected it was a beautiful spring day.  I had the window down and the radio turned up enjoying the story.  I hit the longest red light in the area just in time for the NC trip.  I was so into the scene and shortly felt someone looking at me.  As a looked up the guy in the car next to me looked me right in the eyes and just smiled the biggest smile.  I was so embarrassed.  I felt my face turning red.  Let me tell you I quickly put the windows up and turned on the AC.  The thing is many of us leave around the same time and I see them every day on the way to work the green Chevy guy is one of my neighbors.  I changed my hours so I had to leave earlier for a few months to avoid him. 

Sheens told me I'm suppose to listen with ear buds.  I learned that lesson the hard way.    shy-whistler.gif

Hi Sharon, 

I am roaring with laughter here! You never mentioned in the story; was the man good looking by chance?  :D

Hi all!

I know I'm late to all this, but I've been reading all your posts for a couple days and it's on;y now that I've been able to post. Don't think there is anything I can say that hasn't already been said.

One of the thngs that bothers me the most is the whole Brett issue.  I don't think that Eva will cheat on Gideon while in SD.  I don't believe after all they've gone through and what she has with him she'll jeopardize it all with Brett. She does need to set things straight with him and confront him about the sextape....I think he knows about it or had something to do with it.

I also believe Clancy had something to do with Nathan's bracelet, like he covered up for gideon knowing he did it for Eva.

As for Corrine and Deanna....they just need to go!! Elizabeth is a hole other matter, I think a lot more about her will be coming out and I hope she comes clean and belives Gideon. I think it will help with his healing. WHy she told Eva that she's feeding Gideon lies, is beyond me!

Anyway....I loooove this series and I'm glad there's a place I can go to to discuss!!

Hi Claude108, 

Welcome to the forum!  I hope you enjoy yourself. :)

Eva is going to have to handle Brett on her own... I dont think she'll be able to get what she wants across to him with others around. When they were making their way to the video premiere she said she wished she had not asked Cary to go with them because she had things to tell Brett that she didn't want to do in front of Cary.

She needs to finally put that chapter of Brett behind her and I think that she will come out stronger if she does that on her own and in her own terms. 

Hi Claudine, 

I was thinking about what you said and what do you think Eva had to say to Brett that she couldn't say in front of Brett?  Wouldn't Cary know all of Eva's dark secrets?  What do you think?

Not necessarily. I was think about that today maybe she is just a good actress. Sylvia doesn't like to give spoilers and I asked a couple and so did a couple others. Maybe she knew she was giving things away saying that is a spoiler and she didn't want to say it again.

Hi Sharon

Funny you should say that, because part of me still thinks the redhead in Bared at the advocacy dinner(which Sylvia denied) is Anne Lucas, given how she is stalking Gideon at functions now! If she said it would be a spoiler, we would know that she was going to crop up later in the books. Oh look, here she is again! Bunny boiler extraordinaire! Probably wrong again, but.........what this space! ;)

Hi Julie, 

I just thought of something after having read everyone's comments and theories.  What would make Gideon take off that quickly when he found out that Eva was at the Garden Party?  We know that his abuser is no longer present so it couldn't have been an actual matter of physical safety.  Was it emotional for Gideon?  Or is there something more that we the reader haven't found out about yet?  What do you think?

hi Gigi

That house has so many bad memories for Gideon. His emotions must have been screaming when he found out where Eva was. Yes Hugh wasn't in the picture anymore, but there's creepy Chris, trying to hit on Eva, and his darling mother!

I'm sure we won't find out all in book 4, but the h e l l he went through, was enough not wanting Eva there.

Agree. After all, Eva hasn't pulled Corrine's hair. So far she's let him handle Corrine in his own way. He made need Eva's help in the end. Lol. It would be cool if he let Eva handle her closure with Brett.

Hi Michele

I have been wondering if Eva will have another confrontation with Corinne, as she(Eva) knows how she is manipulating Gideon. All this tiptoeing round her needs to stop! Eva needs to tell her a few home truths, at the very least. Everyone to the bleachers for the show! Lol

Same goes for Brett. Both of these two need to get a clue.

Hi Michele

I have been wondering if Eva will have another confrontation with Corinne, as she(Eva) knows how she is manipulating Gideon. All this tiptoeing round her needs to stop! Eva needs to tell her a few home truths, at the very least. Everyone to the bleachers for the show! Lol

Same goes for Brett. Both of these two need to get a clue.

Hi Julie,

I'm not sure if Eva confronted Corinne that it would help any. Corinne's currently on the fast track to crazy. She's not acting rationally at the minute and if Eva were to confront her, there is no telling what she would do. But I don't thibk she would recognise that Gideon has chosen Eva and it's over. I think for Corinne to accept that fact it has to come from Gideon.

Think about it, at which point would you give up...

Eva telling you "he loves me."

Gideon telling you "I love her. "

With both Brett & Corinne, it has to come from the person they are pursuing. It's the only way they'll accept defeat.

Hi Julie,

I'm not sure if Eva confronted Corinne that it would help any. Corinne's currently on the fast track to crazy. She's not acting rationally at the minute and if Eva were to confront her, there is no telling what she would do. But I don't thibk she would recognise that Gideon has chosen Eva and it's over. I think for Corinne to accept that fact it has to come from Gideon.

Think about it, at which point would you give up...

Eva telling you "he loves me."

Gideon telling you "I love her. "

With both Brett & Corinne, it has to come from the person they are pursuing. It's the only way they'll accept defeat.

Fast track to crazy is right. Corinne just attempted suicide and suffered a miscarriage. Regardless, of anybody's feelings towards her, right now the only person Corinne needs to be confronting is a psychiatrist, hopefully a new one. Gideon and Eva need to stay far far away.

Yesterday I searched and searched for something I remembered and could not find it at all, even called on Sheena and Julie to help, when I was about to give up I found it.  Don't know why I don't know it all by heart by now LOL   :)

I don't know either, took us a while and I even skipped it by again by the time you found it Doh!!, it was fun though :)

Thinking about what several of you posted about Sylvia implying there's so much more to Monica's story, I have a feeling Eva is in more danger than her troubles with Nathan. And I think deep down, Eva knows it but she desperately seeks independence. She moved to NYC where her mom happens to be. She's a little dependent on her, knowing Monica and Stanton are close by. She feels super safe with Gideon in that he protects her and makes her feel safe. And she has to know what her mom keeps reiterating in that a guy with money and security teams at his disposal can do it. And everyone knows Carey protects her too. She even made reference to him not letting anything happen to her.

It's the darn not telling her. Wonder why all the secrets? If Eva knew, she could keep her own guard up. I can relate to this in my own life and can't imagine going around in the dark clueless. That's treating Eva like a child. She's getting stronger. Those days are over.

I just keep thinking the Mafia when I think of Monica' story line, I am not sure I feel that Eva maybe in danger though but you never know, we all had thoughts before Entwined came out and they never appears so you never know maybe we will be better with our theories in Captivated.

I don't like how they all keep secrets from Eva and treat her like a kid, she is a grown woman, doing Krav Maga and quite savy herself so if she knew the truth I think she would feel a bit more confident in herself that people are trusting her with stuff and like you said she can keep her guard up

I used to listen to audio books more when I lived in Pennsylvania and worked in Baltimore City.  It gave me three hours a day to read while driving.  Now that I live so close to where I no sooner start listening and I'm there.

I told Sheens this story awhile ago.  When I was listening to Reflected it was a beautiful spring day.  I had the window down and the radio turned up enjoying the story.  I hit the longest red light in the area just in time for the NC trip.  I was so into the scene and shortly felt someone looking at me.  As a looked up the guy in the car next to me looked me right in the eyes and just smiled the biggest smile.  I was so embarrassed.  I felt my face turning red.  Let me tell you I quickly put the windows up and turned on the AC.  The thing is many of us leave around the same time and I see them every day on the way to work the green Chevy guy is one of my neighbors.  I changed my hours so I had to leave earlier for a few months to avoid him. 

Sheens told me I'm suppose to listen with ear buds.  I learned that lesson the hard way.    shy-whistler.gif

LMAO  I still laugh at you with this I have an image in my head now.  I put my ear buds in while listening LOL :P