SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Hi Sharon

Humour me here please. In education in the USA, if someone said they went to school, what age group would you be thinking about?

Went to school?  When?  If they went as a child it could be anywhere from 1st grade through high school.(6 though 18 if they didn't fail any grades)  After high school it could be AA, BS, Masters, PhD.  (These students could be any age from 18 to death.)  I'm thinking about getting my PhD and I'm 60.  I love learning new things and keep taking classes whether I'm working on a degree or not.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to school? When? If they went as a child it could be anywhere from 1st grade through high school.(6 though 18 if they didn't fail any grades) After high school it could be AA, BS, Masters, PhD. (These students could be any age from 18 to death.) I'm thinking about getting my PhD and I'm 60. I love learning new things and keep taking classes whether I'm working on a degree or not.

Lmao! "18 to death" That bit was hilarious!!

Went to school? When? If they went as a child it could be anywhere from 1st grade through high school.(6 though 18 if they didn't fail any grades) After high school it could be AA, BS, Masters, PhD. (These students could be any age from 18 to death.) I'm thinking about getting my PhD and I'm 60. I love learning new things and keep taking classes whether I'm working on a degree or not.

Hi Sharon

See in the UK, school finishes at 18. Then you go on to university. You wouldn't call it school.

We were wondering about where Eva was living, throughout her life. Re reading Entwined, she referred to Southern California, where her dad lived and I'd gone to school. Yes she went there, to go to college. Which meant she could have lived there sometime in her younger days with Monica, before she left Stanton and Monica to go to SDSU. See where I'm coming from? Page 118

Hi Sharon

Humour me here please. In education in the USA, if someone said they went to school, what age group would you be thinking about?

Julie, if I may insert myself, and without knowing the circumstances, I would say they're referring to their college or university. College students and twenty somethings will say "where did you go to school?" or "where did you go to school?" Rather than what college did you go to. It used to be that meant an age range from 17-18 to 24-25. Of course students often stay much longer here now, and people take courses and degrees at all ages now. Hope this helps.

Julie, if I may insert myself, and without knowing the circumstances, I would say they're referring to their college or university. College students and twenty somethings will say "where did you go to school?" or "where did you go to school?" Rather than what college did you go to. It used to be that meant an age range from 17-18 to 24-25. Of course students often stay much longer here now, and people take courses and degrees at all ages now. Hope this helps.

Oh we'll. that's my theory out the window then. Thought I found a little clue to where Eva may have lived in her younger days. :(

Sylvia is very good at putting in little subtle hints. :)

Julie, I didn't see the rest of your question when I replied. I'm pretty sure Eva would have been referring to her college years. I'm an elementary school teacher and when I see parents of former students or students I ask where they are in school.

Julie, I didn't see the rest of your question when I replied. I'm pretty sure Eva would have been referring to her college years. I'm an elementary school teacher and when I see parents of former students or students I ask where they are in school.

Ok. That's where your education is different to ours. Over 18's refer to their education as being in university. School finishes at 18 here.

Thank you for explaining it to me.

Ignore post about Southern California. :)

Ok ladies.

I've just had a little moment. A lot of you want Eva to use her Krav Maga skills, but I don't think she will use them on anyone close to her. I'm thinking that she will use them on Megumi's boyfriend. I reckon, that Eva will go to her friends apartment, when she returns from SD, or even the Friday before she goes, because Megumi is still "sick." Finding Megumi perhaps battered by Michael, as she is helping Megumi, Michael appears, and tries to ward Eva off. She retaliates by using her skills, saving Megumi. What do you think. To OTT?

Come on Julie-you know nothing is OTT with this group!!!

I still don't think Michael hurt Megumi-sticking with the romantic angle, BUT if he did slap her around I really like your thoughts. It's one of the better Krav Maga theories.

Youre right brett wouldnt care about her being engaged! To me it seems like the hunt is very exciting for him. Hes a rock star he could have anyone he wanted and i bet that the fact that he wants Eva and cant have her is a thrill within itself so who knows what we really feels for her beyond that.

I totally agree with you he is in it for the chase and wanting something he can"t have.  Even when Eva told Brett that she loved Gideon it did not matter to him almost made he more determined!!  :)

Good point.  It seems that he appreciates Gideon's help but he won't tell Jr. to listen to good advice.

I actually think he is trying to be a good dad here because he knows that JR has a lot of insecurities where Gideon is concerned and if he (SR) actually comes out on Gideon's side that will further widen the rift between the boys...

Come on Julie-you know nothing is OTT with this group!!!

I still don't think Michael hurt Megumi-sticking with the romantic angle, BUT if he did slap her around I really like your thoughts. It's one of the better Krav Maga theories.

I love OTT! It's good fun! :D

One thing that did get me thinking, Lacey being away for the weekend while Megumi is ill! Both of these girls have rejected Michael, could it be sinister?

I totally agree with you he is in it for the chase and wanting something he can"t have.  Even when Eva told Brett that she loved Gideon it did not matter to him almost made he more determined!!  :)

Some people love the thrill of the chase. It gives them a buzz, trying to obtain the unobtainable, which is what Eva is.

Although all along Eva has been convinced that Brett never had any true feelings for her and that is why she doesn't really understand his motivation now but I'm sure he did have feelings for her because she was so insecure in the past that she never recognized when anyone cared for her as was the case with Gideon in the beginning; Gideon even said that her insecurities blinded her so I really don't think she realizes that she is sending Brett mixed signals because she doesn't think he cares for her...

One thing that did get me thinking, Lacey being away for the weekend while Megumi is ill! Both of these girls have rejected Michael, could it be sinister?

Hadn't thought of that.

I'd better call Arnoldo and tell him to start plucking those crows!

Gabri - somehow or other I managed to insert my comment into yours. I was typing it and then it disappeared. Then it turned up inside your comment. Strange things happen with me and computers! My apologies. Nancy

Hi Nancy

No need to apologize whatsoever!!

It happens to me too every now and then.

Although all along Eva has been convinced that Brett never had any true feelings for her and that is why she doesn't really understand his motivation now but I'm sure he did have feelings for her because she was so insecure in the past that she never recognized when anyone cared for her as was the case with Gideon in the beginning; Gideon even said that her insecurities blinded her so I really don't think she realizes that she is sending Brett mixed signals because she doesn't think he cares for her...

Totally agree with you here. If Brett never had feelings for Eva why did he write the song Golden?

He released that song before he knew where Eva was / what she was doing / who she was dating. But he as much as said that he was hoping it would bring Eva back to him. That is not someone who is all about the chase. That is the actions of someone who had feelings for someone and missed them greatly when they were gone.

Eva's insecurities are why she thought Brett never had feelings for her. Though I'm sure his actions didn't help matters. They were both kids and poor at expressing their feelings and what was going on in their heads.

IMO Brett has been searching for Eva for a long time and that is why he is not taking no for an answer. He's been thinking about and missing her for 4 years and he given the mixed signals she's been sending, you can't really blame the guy for not giving up so easily. She walked away once, he doesn't want that to happen again.

You do have a very good point~~ :)

Totally agree with you here. If Brett never had feelings for Eva why did he write the song Golden?

He released that song before he knew where Eva was / what she was doing / who she was dating. But he as much as said that he was hoping it would bring Eva back to him. That is not someone who is all about the chase. That is the actions of someone who had feelings for someone and missed them greatly when they were gone.

Eva's insecurities are why she thought Brett never had feelings for her. Though I'm sure his actions didn't help matters. They were both kids and poor at expressing their feelings and what was going on in their heads.

IMO Brett has been searching for Eva for a long time and that is why he is not taking no for an answer. He's been thinking about and missing her for 4 years and he given the mixed signals she's been sending, you can't really blame the guy for not giving up so easily. She walked away once, he doesn't want that to happen again.

Ok. When you put it like that, perhaps I have been a bit harsh on Brett. Portion of crow pie for Julie!

Totally agree its just a case of you snooze you lose. The simple fact is Brett screwed up 4 years ago; Eva even told Ireland she could have loved him but he was young and so was she ;he wasn't ready for a relationship and she was just getting her head on straight. Yea it would probably have worked out then if she wasn't so broken but she was. Now she is stronger, she is New Eva and she realizes what could have been and even though on some level it makes her sad she is totally in love with Gideon and knows he's the one for her. Brett will just have to realize its not to be and bow out but that doesn't mean he won't always have feelings for her...I think Gideon sees that Brett has true feelings for Eva that's why he keeps an eye on him ...It would help Gideon's case if Brett was involved with SEXTAPEGATE but that remains to be seen.

Hi Julie  :)

I had a bad feeling about Marty since he told Eva on the phone that Lacey was away but that she should ring him up later that day. I still can't figure out though how Marty might get involved in anything nasty.

Could you tell me what does OTT stand for?