SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Hi Mrs. X,

I don’t know whether Gideon would need to see that Video of Eva.  At the end the day, these two are now married.  Ultimately, Gideon got what he wanted and needed most from Eva. He got a lifetime commitment.  I think that commitment may have soothed something in him and that for the most part, Eva’s past is her past.  Nathan is now dead, so it seems like nothing/no one else can really harm her.  Can she face some embarrassing situations because of foolish things she may have done before Gideon?  Yes, absolutely.  None of those things have the power to really harm her.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Julie,

You would be absolutely surprised at what abuse survivors can remember.  It can completely blow your mind at times!  I wouldn’t put it past Gideon to remember every single solitary detail about; the who, the what, the when and the why.  I wonder if we will get a chance to hear about some of Gideon’s’ secrets. 

Hi Sharonm745,

I hope Eva does tell Gideon about her conversation with his mother.  I think that the key to these two functioning successfully is open and clear communication with one another.  If either continues to keep secrets and tell half truths, then I don’t think that they will ultimately survive. What do you think?

Hi Sharonm745,

I wonder if Elizabeth Vidal will come around in the end. Sometimes stories don’t have happy endings.  Maybe Gideon will never reconcile with his mother.  Do you want Gideon to reconcile with his mother after everything that she has done?  She still doesn’t seem capable of accepting any kind of responsibility where her son and her actions are concerned.

Hi Azmich,

I agree.  I think that Gideon needs to have whatever kind of fallout with his mother in private.  I don’t think that either party needs an audience and it might only make matters worse between Gideon and his mother.  What do you think?

<br />Hi Azmich,<br />You make a good point. Cary is usually very observant. How could Cary not have noticed that Eva had two phones? At the very least, wouldn’t the burner phone look different from Eva’s regular cell phone? What does everyone think?<br />

Hi Claudine,

I hope that Gideon does have it out with his mother.  I think he needs to get all of his issues off of his chest and he needs to stop carrying around all of that crap from his past and let his mother start taking responsibility for what happened to him. What do you think?

Hi Sharonm745,

I agree with you that Elizabeth Vidal needs to apologize to her son for her appalling behaviour towards her son; both when he was a child and now as an adult.  She also needs to apologize to Eva for her snide remarks and comments.  She needs to grow up and start acting like a mother and stop thinking of herself if she ever hopes on having a relationship with her son in the future.

Hi Sharonm745,

Could it be that Corinne was so pre-occupied with trying to win Gideon that she couldn’t see past herself to see that Gideon was hurting?  Or did she think that with time and her love that Gideon would be able to heal?  It was obvious that Corinne wasn’t well mentally.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi ShazScott1980,

If Elizabeth Vidal had an ally in Eva then why did she go on the attack when Eva confronted her at the end of Reflected In You (page 298)?   Elizabeth Vidal said something interesting.  She said that Christopher was there. 

1. How exactly was Christopher Jr. Vidal there? 
  2. Was he supposed to be there during the therapy sessions? 
  3. Why would Sylvia write that in? 
  4. Is there a piece of the puzzle that is missing that maybe we aren’t seeing?  Could it be that Christopher Jr. was bribed or sent away so that the abuser could spend time with Gideon alone?

I think that if Elizabeth Vidal believed Gideon later on in life she may have sued Hugh’s family estate.  Somehow I couldn’t see that woman letting a man like that get away with those actions without some repercussions.  It seems like there is a missing piece to this puzzle.  What are we missing?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?          

Hi Sharonm745,

You are correct.  Some modeling agencies pay out monthly and some pay their models when they settle the accounts with their clients.  It all depends on who the clients are and what their arrangements are with the modeling agencies. 

Hi Sscrph,

I agree with that as well.  I think that it is time to cut the Corinne apron strings.   I think that if Gideon lied to Corinne during his relationship with her, then he owes her the truth.  I don’t think that it should be done in private or without the help of professionals.  If he has a bomb to drop then Gideon should drop in front of Corinne’s’ therapist.  Then he needs to clearly state to her and the therapist that he will no longer take phone calls from her, accept visits or such.  It should be made very clear to all parties that this friendship/relationship is over. 

Hi Sharonm745,

I think that it was Elizabeth Vidal orchestrating this entire fiasco.  I agree with your comments to Jean Francois, but I would have included letting the guy know that he needs to put on his big boy pants and start dealing with the situation.  Jean Francois didn’t do anything.  He just sat off to the side while everyone else behaved badly.

Hi Sscrph,

I agree,  The chickens are coming home to roost!  I wonder how Elizabeth Vidal is going to react when she finds out that her son is married.  I also wonder if the Mrs. will cause a scene at the second wedding or whether she will suck it up and play the role of the good mother-in-law.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi GLH,

I don’t think that the case is cold.  I don’t think for a second that Detective Graves would tell Eva or Gideon the truth.  As it has been said, time and time again, detectives lie. They will do or say whatever is necessary (within the limits of the law and sometimes not) to catch their criminal.  I think that we may be in for some serious plot twists in the next book. 

Hi Claudine,

I hope that Gideon does have it out with his mother.  I think he needs to get all of his issues off of his chest and he needs to stop carrying around all of that crap from his past and let his mother start taking responsibility for what happened to him. What do you think?

I completely agree with you! 

Hi Sharonm745,

I don’t see Anne Lucas as being Elizabeth Vidal’s therapist today.  If for the sake of argument, Anne knew that her brother was a pedophile and that he had raped Gideon and that her husband had covered up the abuse all those years ago, then why on earth would she continue to stay and treat Elizabeth? 

Wouldn’t Anne be putting herself at risk, legally and professionally by continuing to deal with a patient and his mother, when such devastating claims have been made?  Wouldn’t the most prudent thing be to distance oneself from such a scandal?  Why on earth would a woman continue to deal with a situation like this when it could backfire in the worst possible way?  What do you think? What does everyone think?

Hi Julie,

I have to wonder what Monica’s treatment has entailed for all these years.  This woman hasn’t been able to let go of the guilt of what happened to her daughter.  I wonder if she has dealt with her role in what happened to her daughter.  Monica uses manipulation and emotional tantrums in order to deal with Eva and also to deflect any responsibility on her part.  So I would have to go back, what exactly is Monica dealing with in therapy?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Claudine,

What makes you think that Elizabeth Vidal is still in therapy?  That woman hasn’t taken an ounce of responsibility for what she did to her child.  Do you think that if Lizard was in treatment for all these years, she would have come to that realization by now? What do you think?  What does everyone think?

I completely agree with you! 

Hi Claudine, 

It is all of the secret-keeping crap that keep making Gideon and all of the rest of these characters sick!  I bet you any money that if Gideon confronted his mother about all that garbage that happened in his childhood and just really unloaded on his mother, I wouldn't be surprised on bit if his nightmares started to subside!  I would almost bet money on it!!

Have you noticed that the "whole secret-keeping" theme seems to keep recurring?  Everyone thinks that they know best and each and every single person has screwed up in one way or another.  No one stops to think or seek advise first before reacting.  Have you noticed that at all or am I reading too much into everything?