SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Ah! But you see Gideon was only 10/11 when the shrink came to the house. And Lizzy took up nearly all her time, leaving Hugh with the boys. Moving on 15 years at a guess, would Gideon remember what Anne looked like straight off. I reckon he didn't recognise her at first, as his mums shrink. He was h e l l bent on f*cking her because she was Terry's wife. I think she used her maiden name for her practice. But hey, I am eating crow pie if wrong!

I know a lot of people think Anne is Lizzy psyc but I'm not sure she could mentor a family member.   I worked at Johns Hopkins for a long time and they had very strict rules about nepotism.  After the students/residents received their degrees many went into practice with family members but there would be too much controversy if a student received a good grade from a sister/mother/father, etc and another student didn't.  Besides, I would remember someone like that even years later.  Look at the young people who remember priests, teachers, and other abusers years later.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a lot of people think Anne is Lizzy psyc but I'm not sure she could mentor a family member.   I worked at Johns Hopkins for a long time and they had very strict rules about nepotism.  After the students/residents received their degrees many went into practice with family members but there would be too much controversy if a student received a good grade from a sister/mother/father, etc and another student didn't.  Besides, I would remember someone like that even years later.  Look at the young people who remember priests, teachers, and other abusers years later.

Looks like its crow pie for me then. :(

I just downloaded the audio book too and her doing gideon's voice is a little off putting but I understand that it's her telling her story so it would be like us impersonating someone when retelljng a story to someone else and not like listening to a play if that makes sense?! Not got to any sexy bits so we'll see how that goes lol!!

Hi Mrs. X,

I believe that Gideon watched the entire video.  I think he wanted to see for himself, first hand, what Nathan did to Eva.  I am not sure that Eva would have ever gone into great detail about what exactly Nathan did to her.  She had such a hard time telling Gideon about what happened to her the first time around (about her abuse and all of the documented evidence that was found), I just don’t see Eva sitting down with Gideon and going into great detail.

I don’t think that Eva would want Gideon to have those images playing in his head every time he looks at her or touches her.  It was always very important to Eva, to have Gideon look at her like a se**al creature, desirable, beautiful and untainted.  That’s part of why they fell in love in the first place.  Gideon couldn’t hide his attraction for Eva even from the start.

On the other hand, I think Gideon watched that video so he could assure himself that killing Nathan would be the only option.  Gideon could have firsthand knowledge that the man he was going to kill was sick, would always be a danger to Eva and would never stop until someone wound up dead.  I think that after having watched the video, Gideon gave himself the evidence he needed and the permission that he needed in order to take the next step and kill Nathan.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Sorry  for the  confusion,   yes  he  admitted to  Eva  that he  saw  what  Nathan had.

I  was  referring to  the   video of  her  with  Brett.    Eva  was begging him not to watch it.

Knowing  Gideaon  I don't see him not watching  it all?

And  my thoughts,   after reading  the end of the book again today.

Gideaon  said that everyone will know of their  marriage "real soon".      Not  sure who posted that

they thought  he may have given the  scoop to Deanna.  I am thinking the  48 hrs   was  from  that  point.

Gideon  would  want  Eva  with  him,   so   keeping the marriage a secret  isn't  something  he  would want for long.

Plus  now there is  "reasonable  doubt"  re  Nathan  he  would have  no reason to  hide it anymore.

Hope this makes  sense,  it is  4am and I need sleep lol.   Have a  good day all.

Also what age is Anne Lucas? I'm rereading bared and at the the first charity dinner after 'that' limo ride a "lovely red head who appeared to be in her forties" approached Eva and told her she was a "fortunate young lady" could this have been our first introduction to Anne? Maybe she was trying to suss out who Eva was to Gideon?

BTW - I do think that Anne Lucas is treating Corinne and that she was most likely referred by Elizabeth.  I think Drs. Anne & Terry have wormed his way into the Vidal's group to keep up with what is going on with Gideon.

Oh yes I do. I think Anne is still treating Lizzy. She has issues.

LN said the morning Anne could be poisoning Lizzy's mind, regarding Gideon. I think she is one dangerous woman.

Also what age is Anne Lucas? I'm rereading bared and at the the first charity dinner after 'that' limo ride a "lovely red head who appeared to be in her forties" approached Eva and told her she was a "fortunate young lady" could this have been our first introduction to Anne? Maybe she was trying to suss out who Eva was to Gideon?

Sylvia said in response to a spoiler question a while ago that it wasn't Anne Lucas who approached Eva that night (Eva's first date with Gideon.) Ah, another theory dashed!!!

We know Dr. Terry Lucas is 45 years old, and he and Anne have been married 20 years. Eva dug that up in a Google search the morning after she met Terry. We're not sure on Anne's age, but 40-something is a good guess.

Oh yes I do. I think Anne is still treating Lizzy. She has issues.

LN said the morning Anne could be poisoning Lizzy's mind, regarding Gideon. I think she is one dangerous woman.

I was in the hospital for a year when I was 4.  There was one nurse that was very mean and stole my dolls.  In those days they didn't allow parents to stay with their children like they do today.  Many years later I ran into the b**ch and she was much, much older but as soon as she spoke I said to my mom I know her.  Sure enough it was the witch from ward 4. 

Ah! But you see Gideon was only 10/11 when the shrink came to the house. And Lizzy took up nearly all her time, leaving Hugh with the boys. Moving on 15 years at a guess, would Gideon remember what Anne looked like straight off. I reckon he didn't recognise her at first, as his mums shrink. He was h e l l bent on f*cking her because she was Terry's wife. I think she used her maiden name for her practice. But hey, I am eating crow pie if wrong!

I don't think Gideon was h e l l bent on F(&^*** Anne because she was Terry's wife. She came on to him and he turned her down until he realised who she was. I think he took advantage of the situation when it arose, but I doubt he persued her. Ive said before that I think Gideon had an alternative means of revenge in store for Dr Terry Lucas (why else does he own the building where Terry's practice is located) but when Anne threw herself at him and he learned her identify, he revisited and revised :P

Also, considering what he went through because of those therapy sessions of his mother, I'd be amazed if Gideon forgot the faces of anyone involved. That therapist is in some small way to blame, as Gideon was her original patient and she brought a monster into his house with her! He remembered Lucas, why wouldn't he remember the therapist?

I don't think Gideon was h e l l bent on F(&^*** Anne because she was Terry's wife. She came on to him and he turned her down until he realised who she was. I think he took advantage of the situation when it arose, but I doubt he persued her. Ive said before that I think Gideon had an alternative means of revenge in store for Dr Terry Lucas (why else does he own the building where Terry's practice is located) but when Anne threw herself at him and he learned her identify, he revisited and revised :P

Also, considering what he went through because of those therapy sessions of his mother, I'd be amazed if Gideon forgot the faces of anyone involved. That therapist is in some small way to blame, as Gideon was her original patient and she brought a monster into his house with her! He remembered Lucas, why wouldn't he remember the therapist?

Sorry I phrased that wrong, Gideon wasn't exactly h e l l bent when Anne came on to him, but he did screw her, to get back at Terry.

Ok another thought.

People made comments about Mark being called to see his boss, speculating his sacking etc. maybe nothing but Mark says to Eva , "betcha we didn't get the Adrianna Vineyards account"

Who thinks this could be somehow related to Gideons new La Rose Noir vineyard. Gideon doesn't want Eva working for the opposition?. Or am I way off the track again.

I am 42 but feel like a 20 something

Think it's too much? I'll change it if it offends anyone.

It said Gideon to me.

Hi azmich.

I love your avatar, it SCREAMS Gedeon to me!!!

I would have chosen it myself, if I had found it .

I've heard a number of people specuating on here that Anne Lucas goes by her maiden name in her professional life and that is why Gideon took so long to connect Hugh and Terry, and I totally agree this makes perfect sense.

What doesn't make sense is if Anne does go by her maiden name professionally and she was indeed Lizard's therapist - the whole Vidal family would have known instantly that Hugh and Anne were brother and sister. It seems impossible to me that if Gideon accuses the doctoral candidate of rape, the therapist he was accompanied by must have been aware of those accusations, whether she believed them to be true or not.

Gideon says in EWY that Lucas covers up Hugh's crime to protect his wife, Hugh's sister from the truth about her brother. If she was Lizard's therapist, she would know about it.

Also, I said before that I find it difficult to believe Gideon could forget the face of anyone directly or indirectly responsible for what happened to him. He remembered Dr Terry Lucas - who he met once during that time, surely he would remember the woman who accompanied his tormentor to his house on a weekly basis!!

Getting back to Monica's piqué about the money comments at lunch with Eva. There are two lines that stuck out.

"Don't be so quick to dismiss money, Eva . You never know when or why you'll need it"

"And if you're lucky, you'll never have anything happen that will drain you financially."

I think husband number two gambled his money away, getting into trouble financially owing money to the mob. They want payback. Monica has the resources now. Is she still paying off his debts, is/ was Eva still at risk not just from Nathan but the mob too. That's why she tracked her. Omg, I can't believe where I'm going with this.