SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking about it, I may have to wait for book 5. Argh!!! But I think it will come out in book 4, because she(Anne) features in the last chapter of Entwined.

I think I will end up with egg on my face. Lol

I'm sure Sharon will have a cartoon for that. :)

I don't have an egg on a face but I can get the eggs ready.!  cooking-eggs.gif

Hi GLH,

I don’t think that the case is cold.  I don’t think for a second that Detective Graves would tell Eva or Gideon the truth.  As it has been said, time and time again, detectives lie. They will do or say whatever is necessary (within the limits of the law and sometimes not) to catch their criminal.  I think that we may be in for some serious plot twists in the next book. 

Thanks for this,  Graves just is so manipulative to me.  Being at Parker's.  Sparring with Eva.  I keep thinking that her motivation is to get Gideon as a means to further her career and I don't believe one single word she says.  To me, Deanna and Graves are the two most dangerous people to Gideon's freedom.  Both women have agendas.  Perhaps Sylvia is making a point here that Gideon had a reputation as a man who used women and the most dangerous to his life are women.  Not sure, but those 2 make me very nervous.

Hi Sharonm745,

I wonder if Elizabeth Vidal will come around in the end. Sometimes stories don’t have happy endings.  Maybe Gideon will never reconcile with his mother.  Do you want Gideon to reconcile with his mother after everything that she has done?  She still doesn’t seem capable of accepting any kind of responsibility where her son and her actions are concerned.

I think she will come around.  Eva thinks it is important to Gideon and so do I.  I think she really wants her son happy. 

Thanks for this,  Graves just is so manipulative to me.  Being at Parker's.  Sparring with Eva.  I keep thinking that her motivation is to get Gideon as a means to further her career and I don't believe one single word she says.  To me, Deanna and Graves are the two most dangerous people to Gideon's freedom.  Both women have agendas.  Perhaps Sylvia is making a point here that Gideon had a reputation as a man who used women and the most dangerous to his life are women.  Not sure, but those 2 make me very nervous.

Definitely Graves is dangerous, though her motives aren't as clear to me in Entwined as I believed they were in Reflected. When claimed to Eva she'd burned her notes, I knew then Graves was lying. Cops don't destroy files -- ever, least of all homicide files. I was convinced Graves was using Eva as bait to trap Gideon. Now it I think it may not be as black and white as that. Graves does have a vulnerability now too, because she questioned Eva without a lawyer that night, even though Eva expressly reminded Graves she wanted a lawyer.

Gideon has succeeded in paying off Deanna, so she's never going to public dirt on him. But she still wants in the man's pants, so she's capable of indirect stunts aimed at Eva. Of all the brunettes looking to stab Eva in the back, Deanna is the one Eva needs to watch most.

But it's the redhead, Dr. Anne Lucas, who is the most dangerous woman of all, I think. If the dark suspicions are true that she was the psychiatrist prescribing inappropriately to Corrine, she was setting up Corrine's death. It would have actually been murder, not suicide, if Corrine hadn't survived the attempt. And even while Corrine was lying in the hospital, Anne was out partying in order to make her first direct run at trying to manipulate Eva. Eva's got a target painted on her now.

LN-  I am not sure that Deanna is really dealt with at all.   hath no fury, etc.  Anne is a very scary woman also.  I do believe Eva has her hands full with all of these women.  

I cannot wait for Book 4.  There are just too many loose ends here.  I am hoping Sylvia ties up some in 4 even though I am sure we will be dying until 5.

Hi Sharonm745,

Could it be that Corinne was so pre-occupied with trying to win Gideon that she couldn’t see past herself to see that Gideon was hurting?  Or did she think that with time and her love that Gideon would be able to heal?  It was obvious that Corinne wasn’t well mentally.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

I think Corinne is an manipulative b.  I'm not sure she really had serious mental health issues until she was treated incorrectly for her depression.  When she first appeared she could see Gideon was happy.  It only makes sense that she would see a change in him once he cut Eva off.  Even if she was pre-occupied she had to notice.  Maybe she chose to ignore what she saw but she was aware nonetheless.

Hi ShazScott1980,

If Elizabeth Vidal had an ally in Eva then why did she go on the attack when Eva confronted her at the end of Reflected In You (page 298)?   Elizabeth Vidal said something interesting.  She said that Christopher was there. 

1. How exactly was Christopher Jr. Vidal there? 
  2. Was he supposed to be there during the therapy sessions? 
  3. Why would Sylvia write that in? 
  4. Is there a piece of the puzzle that is missing that maybe we aren’t seeing?  Could it be that Christopher Jr. was bribed or sent away so that the abuser could spend time with Gideon alone?

I think that if Elizabeth Vidal believed Gideon later on in life she may have sued Hugh’s family estate.  Somehow I couldn’t see that woman letting a man like that get away with those actions without some repercussions.  It seems like there is a missing piece to this puzzle.  What are we missing?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?          

I mentioned this in once before.  I think Christopher was to young to realize what was happening and/or Hugh threaten his to keep quiet or he would be next.  It must be hard for Christopher to live with what he witnessed and now that he is older and understands what is happening it is hard to live with.  I think we will find out more about Christopher in book 4 because I think he knows more than he is saying about the Eva video. 

Hey Julie

I value your opinions and theories, they are better than I can come up with.  I shall post a Henry pic in a couple of mins just for you :D

Did you see this week's People magazine?  The picture of HC shirtless and muddy was very nice to look at.  I didn't even realize the cashier finished ringing up my groceries.  I was lost in the fantasy.

Definitely Graves is dangerous, though her motives aren't as clear to me in Entwined as I believed they were in Reflected. When claimed to Eva she'd burned her notes, I knew then Graves was lying. Cops don't destroy files -- ever, least of all homicide files. I was convinced Graves was using Eva as bait to trap Gideon. Now it I think it may not be as black and white as that. Graves does have a vulnerability now too, because she questioned Eva without a lawyer that night, even though Eva expressly reminded Graves she wanted a lawyer.

Gideon has succeeded in paying off Deanna, so she's never going to public dirt on him. But she still wants in the man's pants, so she's capable of indirect stunts aimed at Eva. Of all the brunettes looking to stab Eva in the back, Deanna is the one Eva needs to watch most.

But it's the redhead, Dr. Anne Lucas, who is the most dangerous woman of all, I think. If the dark suspicions are true that she was the psychiatrist prescribing inappropriately to Corrine, she was setting up Corrine's death. It would have actually been murder, not suicide, if Corrine hadn't survived the attempt. And even while Corrine was lying in the hospital, Anne was out partying in order to make her first direct run at trying to manipulate Eva. Eva's got a target painted on her now.

You know what I was thinking as I read this?  (I hope this isn't a repeat) Dr. Duplicitous most likely followed protocol when she first met with Corinne and took a pregnancy test.  My guess is that she thought it was Gideon's baby and devised her wicked plan to get back at Gideon.  Anne is absolutely the most wicked of the spurned lovers. 

You know what I was thinking as I read this?  (I hope this isn't a repeat) Dr. Duplicitous most likely followed protocol when she first met with Corinne and took a pregnancy test.  My guess is that she thought it was Gideon's baby and devised her wicked plan to get back at Gideon.  Anne is absolutely the most wicked of the spurned lovers.

OMG!

That would be an unspeakable thing to do. After all she has no children of her own. Perhaps she can't have them. Destroying what she thought was Gideons child for revenge, that would be murder. Premeditated.

henry-cavill-3-435.jpg

DID WE MENTION THOSE ABS?

Besides the six-pack, the best part of Cavill's body might just be his brain. "I'm a serious geek. I mean, I seriously want to own a unicorn when I'm older ... or a Pegasus," the former star of The Tudors told PEOPLE in April. "Yeah, Pegasus sounds better."

The other pictures are repeats of ones posted.

Anne would have known exactly when Corrine got back to town, because Terry was there at the fundraiser where Corrine ambushed Gideon with his new girlfriend, Eva. Terry also was witness to how Gideon treated both women. I'm sure he couldn't wait to tell Anne all about it, as further proof of his own thoughts that Gideon is some master manipulator of women.

We're not sure exactly how far along Corrine was at that point, because "four months pregnant" can mean anything from 13-16 weeks. But going on the low estimate of the scale, I think Corrine was around 5 weeks. So if Anne did have a pregnancy test run, she'd have known the child was conceived while Corrine still lived in France. 

Yet Anne still might have believed it was Gideon's. Because Corrine's marriage fell apart sometime earlier that year, and the divorce proceedings already were in progress. Obviously, Corrine left her husband for Gideon. Might Gideon have lured Corrine into an extra-marital affair in order to pull the same thing with Corrine he did with Anne herself -- send her back broken to her husband? Perhaps the pregnancy itself was Anne's evil impetus to decide to set up Corrine to die -- a double blow to Gideon, dead lover and dead child?

OMG!

That would be an unspeakable thing to do. After all she has no children of her own. Perhaps she can't have them. Destroying what she thought was Gideons child for revenge, that would be murder. Premeditated.

OMG now this , this is probably true Dr. Diabolical at her worst(best) As Gabri would say Vade Retro Satana -GO AWAY SATAN!!

But Tornado knows Krav Maga and I would love to see her use it on Anne Lucas and she's also got Angus for a body guard I wouldn't want to mess with him either!!!