Mothers and Fathers - Monica and Elizabeth and Victor and Geoffrey

BettyY37

Can I just say, this is a book you are talking about. Made up characters, and story by an exceptional author.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and theories. It is not meant to be taken seriously.

Recent postings seem to have got a bit out of hand.

I thought it was for adults these pages?

Come on ladies get a grip!

This use to be a fun page, not so much these days unfortunately. :(

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't agree more Julie!!

Not being rude ladies but sometimes when I read these posts I want to shout at my computer "IT'S NOT REAL!!!!"

I know we are all emotionally attached to Gideon and Eva's story but lets keep the forum a nice happy and light hearted place for everyone to post on!! 😊

Can I just say, this is a book you are talking about. Made up characters, and story by an exceptional author.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and theories. It is not meant to be taken seriously.

Thank you!!  I agree with everything you said!

Unfortunately I do not know how to add the sad face.

Not being rude ladies but sometimes when I read these posts I want to shout at my computer "IT'S NOT REAL!!!!"

I know we are all emotionally attached to Gideon and Eva's story but lets keep the forum a nice happy and light hearted place for everyone to post on!!

That is exactly what I said.  Thank you!!

I know we are all emotionally attached to Gideon and Eva's story but lets keep the forum a nice happy and light hearted place for everyone to post on!!

Hello my little angel!

Hello my little angel!

Hello Angels.......Agree with you!!

Gideon was named after his father, Gideon Geoffrey Cross. He talks about fun times at the beach and carrying the shame of what his father did. I think the most telling comment Gideon makes about his feelings for his father are made when he is speaking about someone else

“He only knows that his dad is gone, by choice, and he’s left behind. He’ll believe his father didn’t care enough about him to stay.â€

“Baby.†I pulled his head toward me, urging him to rest against me. I didn’t know what to say. I couldn’t make excuses for Geoffrey Cross and I knew Gideon was thinking of him, as well as the boy he himself had once been. “You didn’t do anything wrong.â€

Excerpt From: Day, Sylvia. “Entwined with You.†Penguin Group

Back on track

Gideon also seems to have abandonment issues because of his father's suicide.  Most of the attention has been paid to his nightmare but what about his feeling of being left by his dad.  We know he wants to be a father (in the prenup).

OH Julie.. perfectly said! :D 

hi Gideons angel!

This is where it all began angels!

Yes!!

Back on track

Gideon also seems to have abandonment issues because of his father's suicide.  Most of the attention has been paid to his nightmare but what about his feeling of being left by his dad.  We know he wants to be a father (in the prenup).

Well of course he is going to have those issues. As a boy he was left to be with psychiatrist while his mom was still reeling from his father's death. So in a sense he was left by both. 

Yes!!

Well of course he is going to have those issues. As a boy he was left to be with psychiatrist while his mom was still reeling from his father's death. So in a sense he was left by both. 

Do you think he is aware?

In the book when he talks about being left, Gideon is speaking about Hugh's son not himself.  Eva says he is talking about himself as well.

Hello my little angel!

OH Julie.. perfectly said! :D

littel-angel-waves-smiley-emoticon.gif   Well said ladies.

Do you think he is aware?

In the book when he talks about being left, Gideon is speaking about Hugh's son not himself.  Eva says he is talking about himself as well.

I think he doesn't want to acknowledge it. This is a man that for so many years has completely disregarded his demons. It's going to be a while before he acknowledges things that he for so long has suppressed. 

I think he doesn't want to acknowledge it. This is a man that for so many years has completely disregarded his demons. It's going to be a while before he acknowledges things that he for so long has suppressed.

Hey fluffy. Once he starts to acknowledge his past, which he has started to do with Eva, it will be like opening Pandora's box. Him talking about Hugh and his abuse was a huge step for him. . All h.e.l.l will be unleashed.

Are there any reactions to Chris as a father?

Gideon says he refuses to take sides when Gideon and Christopher disagree in the business.

I do not think Gideon has a strong, competent father figure in his life.

I know Victor has his flaws but can he serve in that capacity?  Victor did step up for Eva in her later life.  Cary likes him too.

Hey fluffy. Once he starts to acknowledge his past, which he has started to do with Eva, it will be like opening Pandora's box. Him talking about Hugh and his abuse was a huge step for him. . All h.e.l.l will be unleashed.

I completely agree julie! I know we will find out things we could have never imagined. SD does that to us, gives us a bone and we take it somewhere then when the book comes out we are completely blinded and shocked and wayyyy off on our theories lol! 

Are there any reactions to Chris as a father?

Gideon says he refuses to take sides when Gideon and Christopher disagree in the business.

I do not think Gideon has a strong, competent father figure in his life.

I know Victor has his flaws but can he serve in that capacity? Victor did step up for Eva in her later life. Cary likes him too.

I have to disagree with you there.

Angus has stepped up to the plate for Gideon.

He has been with Gideon for many years, he has been Gideons father figure. He is Gideons confidante.

That's why he was at the wedding.

Never diss our Angus.

He has been with Gideon for many years, he has been Gideons father figure.

Very true Julie.

Angus is the only man Gideon trusts with his life and the only one who he could remotely consider a father like figure. 

I completely agree julie! I know we will find out things we could have never imagined. SD does that to us, gives us a bone and we take it somewhere then when the book comes out we are completely blinded and shocked and wayyyy off on our theories lol!

hey fluffy

Never know what Sylvia's go to throw in the mix. Never saw the sextape coming.

He has been with Gideon for many years, he has been Gideons father figure. He is Gideons confidante.

Never diss our Angus.

You are absolutely correct Julie.  Angus is the strong male figure in Gideon's life.  He will help Eva help Gideon.