Reflected in You **spoiler thread**

Sylvia Day

I want a wild character have killed Nathan but for Gideon to have known about it or cleaned up the mess provided his security team.

That to have been his opportunity taken .

I want EWY to have a happily ever after story line.

Not Gideon being charged for murder .

I'm so glad that the week EWY is released I'm off work on leave. Had requested the time before the release date had been changed!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a wild character have killed Nathan but for Gideon to have known about it or cleaned up the mess provided his security team.

I'm so glad that the week EWY is released I'm off work on leave. Had requested the time before the release date had been changed!

We are guaranteed some sort of happy ending -- it is a romance novel.

Bared ended happily with Gideon and Eva resolving (at least for that night) their big fight over Corrine, and Eva delightedly finding out that all along, Gideon had kept a key to her (Eva's) apartment.

Reflected ended happily with Eva finding out the real reason Gideon had acted the way he had the prior three weeks. And that Gideon found Eva on his doorstep, then found out the cops blabbed to her that he killed Nathan, and yet her response was to kiss his face and wrap her arms around him and say that whatever comes next, they'll be together.

The morning of June 5. I'm planning to start a thread called Entwined in You *** spoiler thread *** if Sylvia herself already hasn't done so (she's the one who started this Reflected in You **** spoiler thread ****)

I'm also thinking of starting an I-Told-You-So *** spoiler thread *** where every one of us regulars who got passionate about particular theories and correctly guessed something important gets to say "I was right." For example, GiGi is convinced Monica killed Nathan. I'm convinced Detective Graves deliberately set a trap for Gideon with Eva as the bait.

We can have lots of fun there. Especially because many of us regulars have each carefully developed certain theories based on stuff that was in Bared and Reflected. So it would be a hoot to go diving back into Reflected and Bared and point out little facts that actually were big red flags and other things that actually had been major red herrings (the clever way an author misleads a reader in one direction in order to suddenly twist the plot into a second direction.) 

The I-Told-You thread would be a great place to really give a victory lap to Sylvia for having been so clever with the real and misleading clues any excellent writer scatters when a story is told over a series of novels.

Hey no worries. How is this for a wild thought....Parker killed Nathan. We were all thinking towards the end of RIY that she (Greaves) was there to see Eva but, what if she was actually following up on Parker.

Lol. This is me just stirring the pot. That would make for such an interesting twist, no?

In Blood and Roses, Gideon gave a reward to the "Parker family" and I was like ummmm what if Gideon knew Parker all along. Grant you his full name is Parker Smith but nonetheless.....he is skilled enough to place a deadly blow....

Again, this is me throwing stuff out there

Lol

Hi KiMa,

I would absolutely love it if someone else other than Gideon killed Nathan. I don't know if Parker is the same character as in RIY. I would be thrilled beyond the moon! Please let it be anyone other than Gideon! :)

I think Cary is Team Eva, BUT I bet he has a little crush on her too... he cheats with pretty blonde girls. He did side with Gideon in the beginnings.

I have a Cary, that my Gideon had to get over... and my Cary grew up rough with my family taking him under their wings... he's like a brother to me and I'm the sister he never had. He loves DRAMA and he's been known to stir things up or be mischievous. I think Cary is ornery and am anxious to see how he ends up in the next book. I'm afraid for him.

Hi MicheleWV,

Do you think that Cary is being mischievious because he is afraid that somewhere along the line he will be replaced? It is obvious that at some point Gideon and Eva will wind up together and hopefully married.

Thus far Cary has been emotionally and financially dependent on Eva and her family. What will happen if Eva moves in with Gideon or even marries him. What will happen to Cary? Those might be huge worries for a man who may never have had to support himself in the "real world" (i.e. without drugs/illegal substances or by prostitution). What do you think? What does everyone think?

I'm going to read the book start to finish in one sitting. Then I'm going to "re-read" by listening to it as an audiobook in chunks over the course of the rest of the week.

I read like you LN Cronan audiobook great you pick up on things that you miss whe you read it.

5th June and this forum will be buzzing with I told you so

and

I never saw that coming

and

Finally I hope were going to be talking about crossfire part 4 and its release date!

I'm going to read the book start to finish in one sitting. Then I'm going to "re-read" by listening to it as an audiobook in chunks over the course of the rest of the week.

Holy Cow Woman,

You are going to need vitamin shots and eye drops so your eyes don't dry up and fall out of their sockets! :) I will have to say though, anyone who can do that would be one seriously determined person! Way to go! :)

But in the snippet, Cary expresses an opinion Brett has changed for the better -- is more settled down.

Hi LNCronan,

It is true that Brett seems more settled but what constitutes more settled? Yes he has a recording contract and finally has regular gigs via his touring but asides from that, we the reader know nothing about Mr. Brett.

I have to say I just don't like this Brett! Yuck! I know my thought isn't rational, but I want Eva and Gideon back together again! The sooner that happens, the better! :)

Now how many more chapters will we the readers have to endure this Brett character? Sigh! :)

The morning after the orgy, when Eva told Cary she was taking him to Las Vegas for the weekend, Cary immediately assumed the trip was Eva's way of announcing she was moving in with Gideon.

So yeah, I can see Cary relieved on some level Eva dumped Gideon. And would just as soon see Eva seeing other guys, like Brett, while he and Eva continue to room together in New York City.

But I also see great personal growth potential for Cary. He's starting to establish a promising career as a model, and as long as he doesn't blow it, soon he'll be able to support himself, including being able to afford a fabulous apartment on his own.

In the meantime, though -- right now Cary temporarily is out of work and will be for weeks. He's still got a broken arm in a cast, so he can't go on any photo shoots. 

Hi ShazScott1980,

I like that idea just as much! I have no problem with Gideon helping to clean up the "Nathan Mess". It would definately add a different twist to the story! I can hardly wait for June 4th! :)

Holy Cow Woman,

You are going to need vitamin shots and eye drops so your eyes don't dry up and fall out of their sockets! :) I will have to say though, anyone who can do that would be one seriously determined person! Way to go! :)

Aside from the fact I'm a bit of a fan (who, me?) I'm actually a natural speed reader. With novels, I usually read at a rate of 75 pages an hour. Entwined is supposed to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 330 pages (same length as Bared and Reflected.) So it'd take me less than five hours.

I read Bared in chunks of around an hour and a half each spread over several evenings. I read Reflected cover to cover on a Sunday afternoon.

The morning after the orgy, when Eva told Cary she was taking him to Las Vegas for the weekend, Cary immediately assumed the trip was Eva's way of announcing she was moving in with Gideon.

So yeah, I can see Cary relieved on some level Eva dumped Gideon. And would just as soon see Eva seeing other guys, like Brett, while he and Eva continue to room together in New York City.

But I also see great personal growth potential for Cary. He's starting to establish a promising career as a model, and as long as he doesn't blow it, soon he'll be able to support himself, including being able to afford a fabulous apartment on his own.

In the meantime, though -- right now Cary temporarily is out of work and will be for weeks. He's still got a broken arm in a cast, so he can't go on any photo shoots. 

Hi LNCronan,

I agree, I think that Cary shows great potential! I hope that he can remain on that path. I think that Cary deserves happiness and success in his life. I think that right now he is still really vulnerable. He has managed to land the Grey Isles Account which would be huge for him as a model. I just hope he will be on a role.

Actually I think that as a result of being attacked, he may become even more popular and ad companies may seek out his "look". Who knows he may end up being the poster child for anti-gay bashing(which in a strange way could be a boost for his career). What do you think?

Hi LNCronan,

It is true that Brett seems more settled but what constitutes more settled? Yes he has a recording contract and finally has regular gigs via his touring but asides from that, we the reader know nothing about Mr. Brett.

I have to say I just don't like this Brett! Yuck! I know my thought isn't rational, but I want Eva and Gideon back together again! The sooner that happens, the better! :)

Now how many more chapters will we the readers have to endure this Brett character? Sigh! :)

At least Brett isn't a conniver like Corrine or a real snake in the grass like Christopher Jr.

I sorta like Brett.

Near the end of lunch (page 230) Brett swore he learned from his mistake and he wasn't going to give up trying to get Eva back. She told him point blank he didn't have a shot. "Prove it" is what he said in return. I think he honestly will give up, and do so in a classy way, when Eva actually proves to him he does not have a shot.

Hi LNCronan,

I agree, I think that Cary shows great potential! I hope that he can remain on that path. I think that Cary deserves happiness and success in his life. I think that right now he is still really vulnerable. He has managed to land the Grey Isles Account which would be huge for him as a model. I just hope he will be on a role.

Actually I think that as a result of being attacked, he may become even more popular and ad companies may seek out his "look". Who knows he may end up being the poster child for anti-gay bashing(which in a strange way could be a boost for his career). What do you think?

I agree that long term, the attack will be good for his career. But in the meantime, it'll be at least another month, and probably longer, before he's back into shape to be photographed again.

Meanwhile, he's sitting around -- and having to take narcotics for pain, a very dangerous thing for a recovering drug addict. I fear Cary is in for a rough ride in Entwined before he gets to his own happily ever after at the end.

Hi everyone,

Is it just me or has anyone ever had the experience that they read the book, but then when they go back to reread the book, they completely miss something? I can't tell you the number of times I have read something, then I have to go back into the book to get a reference and then I reread the passage and I find that I missed some extra detail from that passage in the book.

Sometimes I gobble up the book in one bite instead of savouring it. :) What does everyone think? Does anyone do that too? :)

One of the best things about an audiobook is you miss nothing (provided, of course, you carefully listen to the book, not half-listen while doing something else). You hear every word. And if a very good performer is doing the reading, you pick up much more emotional inflection.

The drawback is that listening to an audiobook is a huge time commitment -- not something that can be done in one sitting.

Hi LNCronan,

I don’t buy that whole thing of Brett wanting Eva back in his life because of love or deep attachment. I think that Eva was good in bed, or the bathroom stall or the limousine, or whatever and I think that somewhere he missed that.

Just think about all the adoration that Eva must have heaped on this guy and what did Brett do? He went and blabbed about it to his buddies. I think it was a punk move on his part. If you look at what Brett said. Eva was his muse, that doesn’t imply love. This man feasted on her body and her adoration and spit on her in return.

Yes I know that people can grow, but let the dude grow with someone else. I know Eva can do better, way better than Brett! What do you think? What does everyone think?

Aside from the fact I'm a bit of a fan (who, me?) I'm actually a natural speed reader. With novels, I usually read at a rate of 75 pages an hour. Entwined is supposed to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 330 pages (same length as Bared and Reflected.) So it'd take me less than five hours.

I read Bared in chunks of around an hour and a half each spread over several evenings. I read Reflected cover to cover on a Sunday afternoon.

Hi LNCronan,

I read like a freaking slow turtle...sigh! I'll join in the next discussion later on in the week. Oh boy will I ever be behind in the posting department! :)

Hi LNCronan,

I read like a freaking slow turtle...sigh! I'll join in the next discussion later on in the week. Oh boy will I ever be behind in the posting department! :)

You'll scream AGHHHHHH if you come to find out on, say June 8, that Monica killed Gideon and I'd have known it before sundown on June 4. All those days you missed being able to say HAH!!!! to me. And all those days of me being able to say, "Whew!!! Another day spared from GiGi jumping all over me saying 'Told you so!!'"

Hi LNCronan,

I don’t buy that whole thing of Brett wanting Eva back in his life because of love or deep attachment. I think that Eva was good in bed, or the bathroom stall or the limousine, or whatever and I think that somewhere he missed that.

Just think about all the adoration that Eva must have heaped on this guy and what did Brett do? He went and blabbed about it to his buddies. I think it was a punk move on his part. If you look at what Brett said. Eva was his muse, that doesn’t imply love. This man feasted on her body and her adoration and spit on her in return.

Yes I know that people can grow, but let the dude grow with someone else. I know Eva can do better, way better than Brett! What do you think? What does everyone think?

Classic case of you don't know what you had until it's gone.

Does Brett love Eva with all his heart? No. Does what he feel even come close to -- would ever come close to -- what Gideon feels for Eva? No. But without even realizing it at the time, Brett definitely had "fallen" for Eva. She captured a part of his heart that years later is still beating. By the time the idiot figured it out though, it was too late -- Eva was long gone, having pulled a runner and vanished without a trace.

What Brett and Eva DID have back then was very hot sexual chemistry, definitely. But at the time, he was a self-centered jerk taking the opportunity to f*** lots of women throwing themselves at him. Eva, meanwhile, was a hot mess using sex in a desperate bid to fill a hole inside of her. She herself essentially admitted to Gideon, when they had a chance to talk in North Carolina, she was a recovering s***

What exists today on Eva's side: some lingering physical attraction (just physical) that she herself is wise enough and self-aware enough to know exists. She's no intention whatsoever of every repeating the mistake of ever acting on it again, like she had when he had a momentary lapse of judgment and kissed Brett. But she knows it's there -- she smart to recognize it instead of trying to blindly fool herself into denying it exists.

What exists today on Brett's side: strong physical attraction coupled with an emotional attraction he's never gotten over. And a strong desire to fix the huge mistake he made of not having recognized that emotional attraction back then when he had Eva. He really wants a shot at being able to go out with Eva, truly get to know her beyond the bedroom (or bathroom stall or car backseat). He'd like to try to be a serious boyfriend and see if that emotional attachment can grow into love.

Not that Brett and Eva would have ever worked years ago, even if he wasn't such an idiot. Eva was a total basket case quite frankly incapable of a healthy relationship. Years of therapy helped change that, but today it is still a miracle her issues didn't completely destroy the true love she had with Gideon. Her issues repeatedly brought the relationship almost to the brink of utter failure. Gideon's too, They've managed to hold on despite that because they're doing for one another the thing they were never willing to do for either Brett or Corrine -- fight for the relationship.

Nor would Brett and Eva had worked out today if it had in fact been true the awful thing Eva falsely believed: Gideon had rejected her sexually and had surrendered to the hold Corrine always had over him. Eva would not have run to Brett as Mr. Rebound. She'd have spent a long time getting over Gideon, and then she'd work up the courage to try to find love again, blessing the memory of Gideon having taught her for only a little while what it is like when love is wonderful.