Reflected in You **spoiler thread**

Sylvia Day

btw Sylvia said that Corrine isn't a bad person. Don't care. I want her gone. Lol..

Sylvia said that about the character of Corrine as she was in Bared -- only in Bared, and this was before Reflected had been released. Sylvia did not say "Corrine will always be a good person - nothing will change that." There is a difference.

In Reflected, Corrine turned selfish and mean because she snapped when she saw with her own eyes Gideon actually was deeply in love with Eva, loved Eva in a way he'd never loved any woman, not even Corrine herself. A good person would have been happy for him and backed off. But Corrine set out to deliberately ruin what he had with Eva so that Corrine could keep him for herself. Twice she did something calculated and cruel by using Eva's mental/emotional issues as a weapon against Eva. 

Corrine's character changed after Bared, and not for the better. She had become a different person in Reflected. And she'll likely become yet another person in Entwined once she figures out for certain she won't ever, EVER, have Gideon. She's already emotionally effed up -- ten years of obsession with Gideon has finally made her that way. Will she become a broken person when she realizes she was used? Or will she become someone who finally gets help in order to become capable of healing and moving on? Whatever she will become, she's not the same "good" person who got off that flight from France back to New York for good.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An interesting theory I've developed about the Krav Maga is maybe Gideon's knowledge Eva can defend herself against violent attack is what will allow him to dare sleep alongside her again, knowing that if he a violent nightmare, she's not defenseless. This could enable him to regain a comfort level of sleeping alongside her while he undergoes treatment with Dr. Petersen to address the underlying issue of the parasomnia.

We're assuming the Krav Maga is so Eva can kick some bad guy's b***, but what if it turns out to be something that makes it safe for Gideon to actually be able to share a bed with her. And thus share a home with her.

Parasomnia covers a bunch of different behaviors, among them sleepwalking. But it also includes a form where a person with the disorder engages in sexual behavior. In Gideon's case, that sexual behavior is very violent.

He'd already started treatment, including sleep medication, but he had a particularly bad nightmare during which he nearly raped Eva. What stopped it was her using her Krav Maga to defend herself. When she counter-attacked, that woke him up.

After that nightmare, he wouldn't risk sleeping alongside her all night. But because he now has started opening up about the childhood sexual abuse itself, treatment has a much better shot at working. So maybe he'll be willing to resume sleeping in the same bed with her as treatment progresses, knowing that even if he were to have another nightmare bad enough he'd try to hurt her, she'd be able to stop him from actually hurting her.

Hi MrsCrossfire,

I agree.  I think  that Corinne does want Gideon back, but I don't think that she is going to snap.  I do think that she will try everything within her power to eliminate the competition though.  I think that Corinne is threatened by Eva or at least the thought of her.  Corinne knows  that Gideon treated Eva differently.  He chased Eva and not Corinne.

I think that in turn has exploited all sorts of insecurities within Corinne.  She realizes that she isn't on good ground or maybe she even realizes that in the end she isn't going to win and maybe that's why Corinne is trying so desperately to win Gideon.  She is pulling out all the stops.

What do you think?  What does everyone think?

I agree Gigi. Corrine is desperate. I can see her doing all sorts of things to get Gideon's attention. I have to once again say I don't believe Gideon would have started seeing Corrine socially without him telling her that, that's all it was. Gideon cares about Corrine and wouldn't want to break her heart. Her agreeing to this arrangement was really her thinking she would be able to convince Gideon that he was really in love with her, and that he would come running back to her. That is never going to happen. Corrine might be a nice person, but Corrine sees Eva as a threat and therefore, her gloves are off when it comes to her.

I don't see Gideon trying to destroy Corrine. I do think he has been naive when it comes to her and that honestly surprises me.

Easy now lady :),

Pull back on the “bearing horrific scars†bit.   :)  You make it sound like Corinne locked Eva in some terrible dungeon or had her shackled and being held against her will in some scary dark and damp cave.   

Let me be clear, what Corinne did was not nice, but it doesn’t escalate to the level of Eva bearing horrific emotional scars.  I can see your active imagination at work (which is very good by the way :)).

I think the truth of the matter is that Corinne saw a weakness in Eva and she exploited it.  Again I say that it wasn’t a nice to do, but I think that is almost a comment on how many individuals in today’s society treat their fellow man.  

I also don’t think that Gideon will react as viciously as you seem to think.  Would he ###### off, yes, absolutely, but does a reaction of total vengeance and destruction of another human being (by purposely leading her on and giving her false hope for a relationship) to the point that Corinne either snaps and tries to kill someone or herself or that she has a complete mental breakdown is simply too much.

I have asked this before and I am asking it again.  Do you really want to root for a character that is that vindictive or mean or cold or calculated that he destroys a woman because she had the misfortune of falling in love with a man who really didn’t love her?

You are right in that I don’t think that Corinne and Gideon can remain friends.  Corinne can’t seem to keep her head on straight and Gideon can’t seem to set her straight (or potentially stop using her).

Your question about whether Gideon is capable of being vindictive, mean, or calculated toward Corrine: In order:

• Vindictive - ask Dr. Lucas whether Gideon Cross is capable of being vindictive. But toward Corrine, probably not based on her current level of messing with Eva's mind. 
  • Mean - no, Gideon doesn't do mean. Mean is petty.
  • Cold - OH H*** YES. Gideon's been cold even to Eva. Turning icy and retreated deep into his protective shell is Gideon's dysfunction default setting -- just like Eva's default setting is running. They're both working on it. But bottom line, if Gideon is capable of deliberate coldness even toward Eva, he can do it to anyone. (Re-read most of the sex-fueled fight in the limo after he'd caught Eva passionately kissing Brett. Think about what he did to Anne Lucas, sending her back broken to her husband.)
  • Calculated -- that's exactly what he'd doing. As part of the Nathan plot to do away with the motive part of the case, he calculatedly manipulated Corrine and Eva as well into playing roles he needed them to. He'd figured the cops would quickly eliminate him from the list of possible suspects within a day or two. Instead, he's become the chief suspect, and the weeks later, the cops continue to move closer to trying to establish enough evidence to charge him.  They've already found a hole in the alibi, and the fact they approached Eva shows they're now looking to punch holes in the Corrine cover story.

P.S. Gideon saw Eva regress into a lot of unhealthy behaviors because Corrine deliberately hit Eva's buttons. Yes, yes -- Eva's over-reacted a lot. But Gideon understands all too well why: Eva's a trauma victim still struggling against her inner demons. Look what happened within the first 24 hours alone after Corrine blindsided Eva at the fundraiser plus messed with Eva's mind the next day. Eva old anger issue erupted (she actually hit Gideon.) Also, she had first Nathan nightmare she'd had in a long time. Then there was the whole Brett thing soon after -- out of confusion she kissed an ex she used allow to sexually degrade herself to.

Hi LNCronan,

All the circumstantial evidence would indeed point to Gideon dumping Eva.  Eva cheated on Gideon with Brett (by kissing him) and was witnessed by Arnoldo, Shawna, Angus and hoards of others at the concert.  Gideon got into a fight with Brett as a result, again which was witnessed by all parties.  The cops wouldn’t be able to refute any of that evidence. 

So if Gideon temporarily broke up with Eva, the cops couldn’t say that it was because Nathan was murdered or that Gideon even killed him.  I really think that this would be a dead issue for the cops. 

By all outward appearances Gideon is a wealthy, handsome man who could literally have his pick of the litter when it comes to women so why on earth would he want to kill for a woman that cheated on him and he had only been dating for a few short weeks?  I really don’t think that the cops would be able to sell this to a DA.  Bottom line, I don’t think that this case would ever make it to a jury.   

This is why the Brett cover story would work much better than Gideon's original plan, the Corrine cover story.

The cover Corrine cover is flimsy at best -- taking care to be seen in public with her, make sure some pictures get taken, carefully planting some gossip seeds to folks can run with the story. That's about it. Plus the timing's just a little too "convenient." Not a lot to go on and easily able to be dismantled by a prosecutor.

By contrast, the Brett cover story includes a serious fistfight witnessed by a lot of people who saw Gideon absolutely furious. Those same people saw Eva being dragged off by Gideon's old friend and Gideon's driver/bodyguard -- literally thrown into the back of the limo and removed from Gideon's sight while he continued to try to kick the s*** out of "the other man." Add on top of that Brett has written Eva a love song that's now a hit single, and well .... even a guy like Gideon Cross conceivably could be suffering wounded pride serious enough to want to dump the girlfriend.

A Sizzling Conclusion to the Crossfire Trilogy

"Entwined with You (Crossfire Trilogy Series #3)

The sensual saga that began with ''Bared to You'' and continued with ''Reflected in You'' reaches its romantic conclusion in ''Entwined in You.'' In this final volume, Eva and Gideon face the demons of their pasts and accept the consequences of their obsessive desires."

I got this e-mail from Barnes and Noble.....Final Volume???????????

A Sizzling Conclusion to the Crossfire Trilogy"Entwined with You (Crossfire Trilogy Series #3)The sensual saga that began with ''Bared to You'' and continued with ''Reflected in You'' reaches its romantic conclusion in ''Entwined in You.'' In this final volume, Eva and Gideon face the demons of their pasts and accept the consequences of their obsessive desires."I got this e-mail from Barnes and Noble.....Final Volume???????????

Oh say it ain't so:(

The sensual saga that began with ''Bared to You'' and continued with ''Reflected in You'' reaches its romantic conclusion in ''Entwined in You.'' In this final volume, Eva and Gideon face the demons of their pasts and accept the consequences of their obsessive desires."

I think because Sylvia hasn't "officially" announced the 4th book this is just a standard release. IMO of course. Sylvia has led me to believe via twitter that there will be 4 in the series.

Sylvia said that about the character of Corrine as she was in Bared -- only in Bared, and this was before Reflected had been released. Sylvia did not say "Corrine will always be a good person - nothing will change that." There is a difference.

In Reflected, Corrine turned selfish and mean because she snapped when she saw with her own eyes Gideon actually was deeply in love with Eva, loved Eva in a way he'd never loved any woman, not even Corrine herself. A good person would have been happy for him and backed off. But Corrine set out to deliberately ruin what he had with Eva so that Corrine could keep him for herself. Twice she did something calculated and cruel by using Eva's mental/emotional issues as a weapon against Eva. 

Corrine's character changed after Bared, and not for the better. She had become a different person in Reflected. And she'll likely become yet another person in Entwined once she figures out for certain she won't ever, EVER, have Gideon. She's already emotionally effed up -- ten years of obsession with Gideon has finally made her that way. Will she become a broken person when she realizes she was used? Or will she become someone who finally gets help in order to become capable of healing and moving on? Whatever she will become, she's not the same "good" person who got off that flight from France back to New York for good.

Hi LNCronan,

I guess I see the situation differently.  I think that what Corinne has done isn't nice but it doesn't even come close to level of mental illness or hatred that the theory supposes.  I also don't think that Corinne would have been able to sustain a relationship with her husband for as long as she had, because no person in their right mind would stay married to such a supposed "whack" job. 

The fact that Corinne has decided to go for broke and toss her hat into the ring isn't the worst thing in the world.  Gideon had only been dating Eva for a matter of weeks; two or three at most, not months, not years (so let's not over dramatize the situation here).  Yes I absolutely think that Corinne regretted her mistake in having  left Gideon all those years ago, but this time she is going to try everything within her power to let Gideon know how much she loves him.  Let's also remember that Gideon NEVER corrected her, so on some level she was right to hold out a glimmer of hope.  If anyone is to hold a part of the blame for this situation, it is Gideon.  Now I know that is not a popular position to take, but come on now...really?!

If any of you ladies in the forum, walked away from a guy several years ago and you realized your mistake, and you realized that this guy might be on the verge of getting serious with another girl, and that if you don't at least let the guy know how you feel about him (you will absolutely regret it for the rest of your life), that you will absolutely regret and won't be able to live with yourself, then I would woner how you would react. 

Again, I stipulate that what Corinne has been doing thus far, hasn't been nice, but vilifying her on this kind of level is just a little bit much.  Has anyone stopped to consider that maybe Corinne might be instrumental in helping Eva get out of a jamb in the next book?  That theory is just as plausible as any other.  Why?  Sylvia hasn't written anything to contrary.  In one instance, Sylvia's silence speaks volumes, yet in others it doesn't. 

If you consider one theory, then you have to at least give credence to another theory.

An interesting theory I've developed about the Krav Maga is maybe Gideon's knowledge Eva can defend herself against violent attack is what will allow him to dare sleep alongside her again, knowing that if he a violent nightmare, she's not defenseless. This could enable him to regain a comfort level of sleeping alongside her while he undergoes treatment with Dr. Petersen to address the underlying issue of the parasomnia.

We're assuming the Krav Maga is so Eva can kick some bad guy's b***, but what if it turns out to be something that makes it safe for Gideon to actually be able to share a bed with her. And thus share a home with her.

Parasomnia covers a bunch of different behaviors, among them sleepwalking. But it also includes a form where a person with the disorder engages in sexual behavior. In Gideon's case, that sexual behavior is very violent.

He'd already started treatment, including sleep medication, but he had a particularly bad nightmare during which he nearly raped Eva. What stopped it was her using her Krav Maga to defend herself. When she counter-attacked, that woke him up.

After that nightmare, he wouldn't risk sleeping alongside her all night. But because he now has started opening up about the childhood sexual abuse itself, treatment has a much better shot at working. So maybe he'll be willing to resume sleeping in the same bed with her as treatment progresses, knowing that even if he were to have another nightmare bad enough he'd try to hurt her, she'd be able to stop him from actually hurting her.

Hi LNCronan,

I don’t think that there is any blessed loving way that Gideon would risk sleeping next to Eva so long as he was still dealing with his parasomnia issues.  Gideon’s nightmares are very specific in that he is reenacting revenge on the person who raped him. He is subconsciously doing the very thing that he wished he could do when he was a child. 

In a way, I think his subconscious is in a way “cleaning house†so to speak.  Thus far Gideon hasn’t sought treatment for what happened to him as a child.  He hasn’t needed to.  He has always had sex with casual partners (with the exception of Corinne), in the location of his choosing and in the manner of his choosing…that is until Eva came along.  Then I think, he threw out the rule book and the reality of the nightmares became even more real.

Thus far Gideon hasn’t been able to really talk about what happened to him as a child to Eva and as such there is no way I could see Eva put herself at risk and sleeping next to Gideon every night.  We also have to take into account Eva’s reaction to one of Gideon’s attacks.  I seriously couldn’t see Eva willingly sleeping next to Gideon every night if she were constantly under threat of being raped.  No way, no how, Krav Maga or not, I just don’t buy it.

Again, I use common sense as a litmus test, would you sleep next to a guy who had violent nightmares where he re-enacted the scenario of raping his abuser? I wouldn’t and I also think that all of the experiences that Eva has had with Gideon and his nightmares have taken a toll on Eva (both emotionally and psychologically) and their relationship.  I am not sure how many more episodes of Gideon and his nightmares Eva would be able to take or quite frankly care to take.  What does everyone think?

I agree Gigi. Corrine is desperate. I can see her doing all sorts of things to get Gideon's attention. I have to once again say I don't believe Gideon would have started seeing Corrine socially without him telling her that, that's all it was. Gideon cares about Corrine and wouldn't want to break her heart. Her agreeing to this arrangement was really her thinking she would be able to convince Gideon that he was really in love with her, and that he would come running back to her. That is never going to happen. Corrine might be a nice person, but Corrine sees Eva as a threat and therefore, her gloves are off when it comes to her.

I don't see Gideon trying to destroy Corrine. I do think he has been naive when it comes to her and that honestly surprises me.

Hi Kirsten,

I agree with your sentiments.  I personally don’t want to cheer for a character that goes out of his way to destroy another person.  That level of hatred and animosity is quite frankly unwarranted given the circumstances presented in the book.

I think that what Corinne has done isn’t nice or the most honourable thing in the world, but it certainly isn’t the most hateful thing either.  I don’t think that Gideon would have lead on Corinne either.  He doesn’t strike me as that kind of man, but hey, what do I know.  I could be in for a very rude awakening on June 4th.  I will just have to keep my fingers crossed until then and hope that I don’t wind up eating crow…or at least more of my baking. :)

Your question about whether Gideon is capable of being vindictive, mean, or calculated toward Corrine: In order:

• Vindictive - ask Dr. Lucas whether Gideon Cross is capable of being vindictive. But toward Corrine, probably not based on her current level of messing with Eva's mind. 
  • Mean - no, Gideon doesn't do mean. Mean is petty.
  • Cold - OH H*** YES. Gideon's been cold even to Eva. Turning icy and retreated deep into his protective shell is Gideon's dysfunction default setting -- just like Eva's default setting is running. They're both working on it. But bottom line, if Gideon is capable of deliberate coldness even toward Eva, he can do it to anyone. (Re-read most of the sex-fueled fight in the limo after he'd caught Eva passionately kissing Brett. Think about what he did to Anne Lucas, sending her back broken to her husband.)
  • Calculated -- that's exactly what he'd doing. As part of the Nathan plot to do away with the motive part of the case, he calculatedly manipulated Corrine and Eva as well into playing roles he needed them to. He'd figured the cops would quickly eliminate him from the list of possible suspects within a day or two. Instead, he's become the chief suspect, and the weeks later, the cops continue to move closer to trying to establish enough evidence to charge him.  They've already found a hole in the alibi, and the fact they approached Eva shows they're now looking to punch holes in the Corrine cover story.

P.S. Gideon saw Eva regress into a lot of unhealthy behaviors because Corrine deliberately hit Eva's buttons. Yes, yes -- Eva's over-reacted a lot. But Gideon understands all too well why: Eva's a trauma victim still struggling against her inner demons. Look what happened within the first 24 hours alone after Corrine blindsided Eva at the fundraiser plus messed with Eva's mind the next day. Eva old anger issue erupted (she actually hit Gideon.) Also, she had first Nathan nightmare she'd had in a long time. Then there was the whole Brett thing soon after -- out of confusion she kissed an ex she used allow to sexually degrade herself to.

Hi LNCronan,

What I asked specifically was would you want to cheer on the character of someone who would purposely destroy another human being (being cold, vindictive, etc.) because ultimately she had the misfortune of loving someone who doesn’t love her?  I said it before and I will say it again, I don’t. 

1. Dr. Lucas has about as much credibility as P**p sitting on a sidewalk.  If that man hadn’t either covered up Gideon’s rapes, or raped Gideon or lied about viewing physical evidence of Gideon’s, then this entire scenario would never have happened.

1. Gideon didn’t know who Anne Lucas was when she was busy throwing herself at him.  He also didn’t purposely seek her out.  Anne sought him out instead.  No, what Gideon did wasn’t right but Gideon didn’t orchestrate this scenario-Dr. Lucas did.

1. Again, let me state it for the record, what Gideon did to Anne by having an affair with her wasn’t right, but all the fault wasn’t his.  I suspect that Anne was either broken or very close to it well before Gideon ever entered the picture.  Again Dr. Lucas shares a good bit of that blame, but ultimately it was Anne Lucas’s decision to start having an affair with Gideon and Gideon was very clear that he never lead her on.  I just want to make sure that look at things squarely.  Yes Gideon deserves some of the blame but not all of it and quite frankly not evens half of it (as for the reasons I stated above or before). 

At the end of the day there is more than enough blame to go around for everyone.  Ultimately a person can only be held responsible for his or her own actions.  They cannot be blamed for they way another person reacts. What does everyone think?

Hi AMC,

I think it was just an old email, thus far this series is only meant to be a trilogy but someone had mentioned that Sylvia tweeted or posted or something, that there is more room or room for these characters (or Gideon to grow). Basically what I understood from that posting is that Sylvia may be considering writing another book and adding to the series. I think the next step would be convincing the publishers to buy another book.

What does everyone think? :)

Who was Gideon going to introduce Eva to right before Corrine surprised him with her "guest appearance " in NYC?

He was about to introduce Eva to someone important I would assume but that plan crumbled when Corrine appeared out of no where.

Thoughts?

Sylvia just replied to a tweet that EWY is not the last book. :-), but i hope we dont have to wait long for the fourth book coz i dont think i will be able to survive another six months.

Hey GiGi, my favorite fellow poster ...

Let's agree to disagree on just how angry I think Gideon is at Corrine just like we can agree to disagree on who killed Nathan.

I'm the captain of Team Any Kind Feelings Gideon Had For Corrine Are Gone Because Corrine Very Deliberately Hurt Eva.

You're captain of Team Monica Killed Nathan.

:)!!!

KIMA

Corinne took Gideon to introduce him to someone

Nope. That's not what I was referring to. Subsequent to her dancing with Martin read from there. I realize it was Corrine he wanted to introduce her to which is highly odd and makes me think Corrine is really not plague with bad intentions as we would have been lead or others seem to think.

Who was Gideon going to introduce Eva to right before Corrine surprised him with her "guest appearance " in NYC?

He was about to introduce Eva to someone important I would assume but that plan crumbled when Corrine appeared out of no where.

Thoughts?

Gideon and Eva were simply exiting the dance floor when the following happened, starting on the bottom of page 309:

• Eva spotted Magdalene, and saw Magdalene talking to someone. That someone was Corrine.
  • Gideon then spotted Corrine almost immediately after Eva did first, and his step faltered.
  • Corrine then spotted Gideon - and it was written all over Corrine's face she was in love with him, Eva could tell by the way Corrine looked at Gideon. Eva also could see that Gideon in return was looking right into Corrine's eyes as he approached Corrine, Eva on his arm.
  • That's when Gideon said to Eva "I need to introduce you to someone."

• When Gideon did so, he told Eva a half-truth, introducing Corrine as an old friend.
  • In return, Eva pointedly introduced herself as Gideon's girlfriend.
  • Corrine then asked Gideon to go with her (Corrine) to meet someone (an "associate") of Corrine's. (I suspect that was simply a ruse for Corrine to get Gideon by himself so Corrine could "explain" why she'd shown up and could size up the situation now that she was there and Eva had met her.)
  • Gideon jumped at the chance to go off with Corrine so that he could actually talk to Corrine about Eva -- trying to make sure Corrine didn't say or do anything to upset Eva. Especially because Gideon hadn't yet gotten around to telling Eva anything about Corrine at all, especially not Corrine had been his fiancee at one point.
  • Unfortunately for Gideon, when he went off to deal with Corrine and figure out how they were going to handle this awkward situation, Gideon left Eva behind with Magdalene. Magdalene proceeded to tell Eva the true nature of Gideon's past relationship with Corrine.

Oooops.

Hey GiGi, my favorite fellow poster ...

Let's agree to disagree on just how angry I think Gideon is at Corrine just like we can agree to disagree on who killed Nathan.

I'm the captain of Team Any Kind Feelings Gideon Had For Corrine Are Gone Because Corrine Very Deliberately Hurt Eva.

You're captain of Team Monica Killed Nathan.

:)!!!

Hi LNCronan,

I agree with your agree to disagree thing.  I guess for me, the problem with the theory was always the level of hatred that Gideon would have harboured for Corinne.  At the end of the day, Corinne didn't kill one of his loved ones, she wasn't torturing family pets.  What she did was nasty (no doubt about it), but I think that Gideon would have tempered his anger toward Corinne because of the feelings he once had for her.  I also think that if Gideon grew a little, he would have realized his part in this entire mess. 

That's ok though.  I will be Captain of Team Monica/Stanton/Clancy killed Nathan.  Someone has to take up that position and I like the challenge. :)

I don't know if you remember the show "Dallas".  Their famous episode was "Who Shot J.R.?" and there was a huge list of likely suspects.  At the end of the day, the person they thought that shot J.R. didn't (public opinion at the time was the Sue Ellen- J.R.'s wife shot her husband).   I just think that it would too easy and too convenient if Gideon killed Nathan.  There are so many legitimate suspects to choose from in this instance that I don't know if Sylvia would have gone with the obvious choice (i.e. Gideon).  Ultimately we will all find out on June 4th. ;)  

Hi LNCronan,

I agree with your agree to disagree thing.  I guess for me, the problem with the theory was always the level of hatred that Gideon would have harboured for Corinne.  At the end of the day, Corinne didn't kill one of his loved ones, she wasn't torturing family pets.  What she did was nasty (no doubt about it), but I think that Gideon would have tempered his anger toward Corinne because of the feelings he once had for her.  I also think that if Gideon grew a little, he would have realized his part in this entire mess. 

That's ok though.  I will be Captain of Team Monica/Stanton/Clancy killed Nathan.  Someone has to take up that position and I like the challenge. :)

I don't know if you remember the show "Dallas".  Their famous episode was "Who Shot J.R.?" and there was a huge list of likely suspects.  At the end of the day, the person they thought that shot J.R. didn't (public opinion at the time was the Sue Ellen- J.R.'s wife shot her husband).   I just think that it would too easy and too convenient if Gideon killed Nathan.  There are so many legitimate suspects to choose from in this instance that I don't know if Sylvia would have gone with the obvious choice (i.e. Gideon).  Ultimately we will all find out on June 4th. ;)