Reflected in You **spoiler thread**

Sylvia Day

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhh! I hope it's HBO! :)  I was looking around on Pintrest last night and a lot of people like Amber Heard for Eva, I have to agree. She is so beautiful. Also Henry Cavill as Gideon. He was good on The Tudors that was on Showtime i believe.

Henry Cavill could be Christian Grey or Gideon Cross how lucky for him!!

did we ever figure out where Gideon did his sex swing if he only had sex in the hotel prior to Eva??

I think that was pure fantasy on his part, part of his penchant for dominance. I can't see him setting a sex swing in a hotel room, even a hotel owned by him. And that hotel was the only place he'd ever had sex prior to being with Eva.

The hotel is where he's only had consensual sex.  I have a feeling he's been BDSM style clubs before the hotel.  He might even own one.

I have to take a closer look at that picture.   I've been so busy and had an EEG done that I wasn't allowed to be at a computer

Hi everyone I'm new to this,just figured out how to get in this chat room although I've been reading from day one..I was thinking last night about something we all know about Gideons nightmares and how he was acting out causing pain we assume to his abuser but what if now hear me out lol i love Gideon as much as you guys believe me but what if he was the one who raped Christopher jr.. I mean if your child was, abused by a stranger wouldn't you report it?? But if it was your own child who abused your other child wouldn't u want to keep it quiet. I'm not saying he wasn't abused just that it could explain the distance with the family and the hatred with the brothers...just a thought to much time on out hands..

Hi Jeanmarie,

Welcome to the forum! :)

I wonder if Christopher Jr. was sexually abused and didn't tell like Eva didn't tell. He was younger and everyone was focused on Gideon because of his father's suicide. Could explain a lot.

Hi MicheleWV,

I too have wondered whether Christopher Jr. was also abused.  It might go a long way in understanding just why Christopher Jr. is so angry and hateful toward his brother.  Here's a twist, do you think that by chance Christopher Jr. confessed to his brother about his abuse and Gideon couldn't do anything about it because when he told his mom she didn't believe him?  This is just a farfetched idea but it might just fit.

If for the sake of arguement, Christopher Jr. did say something to Gideon and Gideon wasn't able to help, then wouldn't it stand to reason that Christopher Jr. might be very angry with his brother?  Isn't the older brother always supposed to be the one who protects his younger brother? 

Christopher Jr. would also have had the age mentality of a five year old and as such wouldn't have been able to logically look at the situation objectively.  It would be easier for him to blame his older brother for the abuse then to go back and look at the situation with the eyes of compassion and realize and understand that they were both in horrific situations and neither could help the other. 

One quick other thing I wondered was; did Christopher Jr. know about his brothers' abuse?  Did he accidentally walk in when Gideon was being abused?  Could he have some knowledge about what happened to his older brother when they were younger?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Alas I digress a bit but listening to the audio re-affirms my suspicion that Gideon's female assistant----> is not to be trusted. From the onset, she has given Eva the "evil eye," coupled with when Eva stormed up to Gideon's office subsequent to seeing Corrine in a post-coitus state, and she was like smiling at Eva at that...like an evil...not friendly.

I def think she (Gideon's female assistant) is up to no good and one to watch out for. Maybe I am reading too much into it but.... Red flag for me

Was it suicide? Could it have been murder? Made to look like suicide, by a disgruntled investor.

Thinking out the box here.

Geoffrey had made at lot of enemies, who took their hatred out on Gideon, who was a defenceless child.

Hi Julie54,

I was of the opinion that Gideon's father may have been  murdered.  For all the Ponzi schemers that have been out there, thus far, none of the killed themselves.  I think that Gideon may be so angry because his father was taken away from him.  Again this is strictly speculation (i.e. the reader doesn' t have anything to go).  I cite the huge ENRon Scam, Bernie Madoff, and a few others which escape me at the moment.

I would think that the main characteristic of each of these individuals is that they may be very narcissistic and as such extreme self preservationists.  Somehow I don't think that Geoffrey Cross died by his own hand.  I think that if he was murdered, Elizabeth Vidal (ne: Cross) would have had a huge reason to get herself out of an already bad situation.  She may have feared not only for herself but for her son as well.  It would have given her greater incentive to remarry quickly.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

I had proposed that it was murder and Gideon kept his last name for a reason. All his business entails his father's last name.

Hi KiMa,

What do you mean:  "All his business entails his father's last name"?  WHat is the correlation for you?  If you could explain further that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Hi KiMa,

What do you mean:  "All his business entails his father's last name"?  WHat is the correlation for you?  If you could explain further that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Almost all his buisness contains the name "Cross" one way or the other. Gideo could have easily changed his name (an mo, not to Vidal) but he kept his father's last name and I tnknk it was done because there is sooo much more there

Someone had commented that he kept his father's name so show what a success he is in comparison to his father but I think all was done (potentially) in tribute to his father. I do believe his father was murdered as well

Again, mild speculation on my part of course.

Almost all his buisness contains the name "Cross" one way or the other. Gideo could have easily changed his name (an mo, not to Vidal) but he kept his father's last name and I tnknk it was done because there is sooo much more there

Someone had commented that he kept his father's name so show what a success he is in comparison to his father but I think all was done (potentially) in tribute to his father. I do believe his father was murdered as well

Again, mild speculation on my part of course.

Hi KiMa,

I agree with you.  I think that Geoffrey Cross may have been many things and done many things wrong; but I think that he was a good father to Gideon.  I can only base that one his few comments to Eva; when they were on the beach in South Carolina.  I also think that Gideon' wouldn't have been able to understand or comprehend why his name would have been changed (if in fact Elizabeth Vidal had decided to do so).  I think that action would have destroyed a very important component for Gideon (the link with his father).

It also would have told Gideon that there was something fundamentally wrong with him "Gideon the little boy".  Otherwise as far a child is concerned there would have been no need to give him another name.  I am actually glad that Gideon kept his name.  He got to keep his identity.   Small children rationalize things very literally and as such may not understand why something is being done to them or for them.  What do you think?

Hi Peachies,

I read one of your earlier postings about the "Master Key" theory, I am sorry I can't remember which forum it was in.  I just wanted to clarify with you that hotels; like The Four Season and The HIlton Hotels (very upscale establishments) do not use a "metal Master key".  They use credit card type key cards that have a magnetic strip which contains information and access to certain areas. Whom ever uses one of hese "keycards" would just swipe said card against a pad (a device that reads the magnetic strip on the key card), the door would be unlocked and the person could gain access.

A master key of sorts would allow a person to gain access to all levels of the hotel; from the service entrances, to the guest suites, to the offices and everything else in between.  When a person uses this card, the information is digitally transferred to one of the hotel's computer main servers (one is on sight and the other is off sight).  That way, if there is a problem with the computer system there is always another backup.  It also help to ensure that the information remains intact and that no one can tamper with said information.

As a matter of research; I spoke with two respresentatives from "The Four Seasons Hotel and The Hilton Hotels" and they confirmed what I just stated.  They would not go into specifics about security and such (I must have sounded so strange to these people when I explained that I was doing research for a book club discussion...sigh! :)), but they were nice enough to answer my questions.  I chose these two hotels because they are upscale and have several global locations and as such various security requirements that would need to be taken into account (depending on the city and/or country the hotel is located in) in order to ensure that their guests have a safe and enjoyable stay.

I suspect that Gideon's hotels would have been just as upscale if not more so and as such would have utilized the same type of security for his hotel properties.  Each and every singal key registers their location and time when they are used. It helps the hotel staff and others keep track of the guests and employees.  It ensures that everyone stays safe and it also provides documented evidence and a time log if a crime is committed at the hotel.  Feel free to contact either of these hotels if you would like confirmation. :)

I had proposed that it was murder and Gideon kept his last name for a reason. All his business entails his father's last name.

Who knows, maybe Gideon has further investigated his father's death now that he has the vast resources to do so. Gideon mentions in the book the fact that his dad never really knew how to connect with people as rationale for the swindling but never discusses the suicide. I have always found it curious as to why he kept the name so maybe this will be addressed at some point.