Dom/Sub discussion

Crossfire

Maybe Eva will get him a sex swing as a wedding gift ;) ;) ;) !!!! 

"For the man who has everything" -- a present he really wants. It'd be like Christmas morning for sure!

I think Gideon would be tickled pink if Eva got him that :D

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Sheena. You know raunchy reds their colour! Lol

Oops sorry slipped up there. Fire red sex swing for Gideon, just picturing that in my mind with that photo of Henry I posted yesterday, Hubba Hubba :D

Oh I really liked the cuffs on the plane. Especially because it really was about the mental trust, not actual physical control. He didn't restrain Eva's hands -- all he did was put each soft cuff on her so that she was aware of wearing them. Other than that, what he had her do was the exact same thing she very eagerly did the first night she active submitted to him -- restrain her own hands by tightly gripping a bed pillow.

Methinks Mr. Cross is going to get his sex swing fantasy realized some time in the not too distant future ;)

I'm sure Mr. Cross is going to get his swing and I can't wait.clap-smiley-face.gif?1302011332

• 2 months later...

OMG... read through this whole post.  You guys are hilarious.  LMAO.

I agree with so much of the control issue discussions.  AND, where does one buy a red swing?

I do have a question for some thought but a little off topic.  We know Gideon's background (some) with the therapist (Anne's brother).  But do I remember a discussion that Gideon was out of control and Christopher was emulating his big brother and acting up also?  So were they both in therapy with that a**hole.  So is Christopher Jr having control issues also and not handling them as well as Gideon?  Is he into BSDM?  Wondering if he is Megumi's on again/off again friend?  Did he hurt Megumi during control session?  Just a thought.

I just found this thread and I must say that after reading FSOG and a couple of other series that involve BDSM, I do not see Gideon and Eva in that kind of relationship.  I just don't.  Most men like to be in control in the bedroom MOST OF THE TIME, but not all of the time.  That is how I see Gideon.  Eva is a bit hardheaded so maybe Gideon's point is that she doesn't need to push to have her own way.  She has had to be in control of her healing.  That is true.  It does make you stronger and more pushy when you are struggling to get your life back.  The comment where he tells her that she needs to be more submissive means to me that she doesn't always have to try to have it her way.  That she needs to trust him to know what is right for them as a couple.  I don't know of any long term relationship where these issues don't come up.  Men have very fragile egos and often need to feel like they run the show. Especially super powerful businessmen like Gideon.  As my mom told me many years ago, a smart woman runs the show but allows her man to think he does.  I really would hate to think of them in a BDSM relationship.

OMG... read through this whole post.  You guys are hilarious.  LMAO.

I agree with so much of the control issue discussions.  AND, where does one buy a red swing?

I do have a question for some thought but a little off topic.  We know Gideon's background (some) with the therapist (Anne's brother).  But do I remember a discussion that Gideon was out of control and Christopher was emulating his big brother and acting up also?  So were they both in therapy with that a**hole.  So is Christopher Jr having control issues also and not handling them as well as Gideon?  Is he into BSDM?  Wondering if he is Megumi's on again/off again friend?  Did he hurt Megumi during control session?  Just a thought.

Avid reader,

It was Christopher's imitating Gideon's behavior that pushed Liz & Chris Sr. to get the therapist to visit the house.  I am of the opinion that Christopher has some issues because he was either abused or witnessed the abuse of Gideon.  My guess is that he was threatened by Hugh and Christopher was too frightened to tell his mother the truth.  Hopefully we will find out some of the secrets in the next book.

I just found this thread and I must say that after reading FSOG and a couple of other series that involve BDSM, I do not see Gideon and Eva in that kind of relationship.  I just don't.  Most men like to be in control in the bedroom MOST OF THE TIME, but not all of the time.  That is how I see Gideon.  Eva is a bit hardheaded so maybe Gideon's point is that she doesn't need to push to have her own way.  She has had to be in control of her healing.  That is true.  It does make you stronger and more pushy when you are struggling to get your life back.  The comment where he tells her that she needs to be more submissive means to me that she doesn't always have to try to have it her way.  That she needs to trust him to know what is right for them as a couple.  I don't know of any long term relationship where these issues don't come up.  Men have very fragile egos and often need to feel like they run the show. Especially super powerful businessmen like Gideon.  As my mom told me many years ago, a smart woman runs the show but allows her man to think he does.  I really would hate to think of them in a BDSM relationship.

GLH

I'm not sure their relationship can be considered a real SM relationship however, Gideon does like a little bondage and kink.  Eva was raped repeatedly for years and my guess is someone recovering from that abuse may try to control all sexual encounters in the future. Gideon recognizes her symptoms because of his abuse and tries to help her enjoy sex through submission but she doesn't submit all the time and Gideon doesn't object.  I think that is healthy for both of them at this point.

Hi GLH,

I read your posting and you make some really interesting points about the workings of relationships.  Thus far, it doesn't appear that Gideon and Eva are into a BDSM relationship.  It seems that Gideon and Eva are learning to become fully and openly expressive with their bodies (se*ually) and also in the trusting of their bodies with one another.  Isn't that what a relationship is supposed to be about?

Your saying about men and the show is very similar to what many European women say.  "The man is the head of the household and the woman is the neck.  She can turn the "head" any-which-way she wants."  ;)

Avid reader,

It was Christopher's imitating Gideon's behavior that pushed Liz & Chris Sr. to get the therapist to visit the house.  I am of the opinion that Christopher has some issues because he was either abused or witnessed the abuse of Gideon.  My guess is that he was threatened by Hugh and Christopher was too frightened to tell his mother the truth.  Hopefully we will find out some of the secrets in the next book.

I agree with your theories Sharon.  I am curious to find out exactly what makes Christopher Jr. tick.  I think something traumatic happened to him as a kid and that really screwed him up.  Unfortunately, I don't think we will get to find out what, until the fifth book...sigh!

• 4 weeks later...

Speaking of dom/sub, another theory I had that played itself out is the BDSM tendencies Gideon does have. His fantasy about a sex swing (expressed the first night they were a couple) plus his repeated threats to spank her (sometimes only half-joking) in both Bared and Reflected hinted at Mr. Cross having a taste for some BDSM.

In Entwined, he actually began exploring bondage fantasies his bondage fantasies with Eva -- and though he's repeatedly (since Bared) threatened to spank her, he actually did do so in Entwined (once in a loving manner during that corner office encounter). And snapping her garter strap in a way that stung counts too, I think.

He made clear when they first had the DS conversation about their sex life what he wasn't looking for -- some of the hardcore elements of BDSM. "You know I don't want to beat you, punish you, hurt you, demean you, or order you around like a pet. Those aren't needs either of us has." (Bared pages 247-48)

What he does need -- as does she -- is to be trusted sexually. Exploring sexual elements that involve voluntary exchanges of physical and mental control, pushing boundaries doing so, is a very good thing for both of them.

I still suspect he was less gentle with Corrine, because at that point in his life he likely was very closed off emotionally and very rigid sexually. Supposedly, the fact he wouldn't spend the night with her was the dealbreaker, but I suspect the truth underneath was that he never made love to her. She allowed herself to be used, so desperate was she to get inside his heart. In that respect, she had been similar to Eva back in Eva's bad-old-days of being willing to demean herself hoping that if she made a guy happy, he would love her.

Could you please tell me when (what book and what page in that book) did Gideon talk about a sex swing? Also do you remember what page it was in Entwined where he spanks her because I don't remember any of this. Thanks.

Good morning ladies :D

it's so good to be back on the forum after quite a long time!!!

Hi Jennifer, spanking is first mentioned in Bared on page 51 (chap. 4, Penguin edition) and Cary dismisses it as 'not deviant' (page 56)

As for the sex swing, for the life of me, I can't remember where it is, but I'll fnd it!!!

After so many rereadings, I've come to the conclusion that Gideon is not a Dom per se, but a man who wants to live out those sexual fantasies his 'Sub' (Eva) is only willing to share. Kinkiness was a means to avoid intimacy with him, not a way to achieve satisfaction of any kind. Since the very beginning of their story, Gideon is only looking forward to take care of Eva's pleasure, ("Romance isn't in my repertoire. But a thousand ways to make you come are. Let me show you." page 40, is one of many instances) and when she takes control in the first limo drive to the Advocacy Center's fund-raiser dinner, he completely lost it. As a Dom, Gideon sucks!!!

I need to have Captivated By You in my hands like NOW!!!!!!!!

Could you please tell me when (what book and what page in that book) did Gideon talk about a sex swing? Also do you remember what page it was in Entwined where he spanks her because I don't remember any of this. Thanks.

Jennifer-the sex swing is mentioned in RIY, on page 137 (paperback). Further down, Gid also talks about Eva being bound-not on the outside-but working his way in.

Hi Sharon when did she say that? Wow even more to look forward to... :) :)

sscrph I think it was at the meet & greet in Orlando a couple months back.  If I'm not mistaken we were talking about Eva & Gideon's wonderfully hot s ex scenes and someone yelled out "Will Gideon ever get Eva in that swing?"  Sylvia replied "Most definitely!:

I'm going to look for my notes.  If anyone gets to go to a meet & greet they are really fun.

sscrph I think it was at the meet & greet in Orlando a couple months back.  If I'm not mistaken we were talking about Eva & Gideon's wonderfully hot s ex scenes and someone yelled out "Will Gideon ever get Eva in that swing?"  Sylvia replied "Most definitely!:

I'm going to look for my notes.  If anyone gets to go to a meet & greet they are really fun.

Hi Sharon Im dying to go to a meet and greet and I hope there will be more opportunities as the other books are released !! I can't wait to read the swing scenes ...it will really be a treat to see how Sylvia writes it; as Gideon would say "Angel I'm salivating".