One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI!!

Through our rereading schedule I've come to really enjoy such details as characters clothing. I think Eva's outfits are quite revealing of what's going on inside her body and mind; they give her away, despite all her rational statements about not being interested in Mr Cross....  garters and silks stockings at work, is there anyone who would buy it? So this is what I've come up with in Chapters 1, 2 and 3. Should I have left anything out, please feel free to add anything you like. CIAO!

EVA                                                                                                      GEDEON

MONDAY                 YOGA PANTS AND FITTED WORKOUT TANK.         first encounter             BLACK OXFORDS, BLACK TAILORES SLACKS

3 PIECE SUIT

TUESDAY                SHEATH DRESS, BLACK STILETTO PUMPS,          second encounter           SILVER TIE, WHITE SHIRT

PEARLS STUDS, ROLEX WATCH, ARTFUL

CHIGNON RESEMBLING AN 8

WEDNESDAY

THURSDAY             BLACK PENCIL SKIRT, CRIMSON SILK BLOUSE        third encounter                      

FRIDAY                   BLACK SILK BLOUSE, EMERALD GREEN SKIRT,        fourth  encounter         BLACK SUIT, GREY PINSTRIPE

GARTERS AND SILK STOCKINGS

Ciao Gabri,

I was thinking about what you said about Eva and her fashion choices and something struck me.  Eva is a very sexual person internally and externally.  Most women wouldn't wear garters with stockings.  The garters can be uncomfortable and the lines may show through the clothing (depending on what they would wear). 

I think that if we polled the women of this forum, I think that many would say that if they had to wear stockings, they would most likely choose the convenience of pantyhose.  The reference of garters and stockings are usually reserved for sexy or romantic evenings.  Perhaps this is a North American thing, perhaps not. What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Our Eva is a feisty little minx, who doesn't take any s**t. Openness all the way, which Gideon has to learn. He's a bit slow, but he'll get there, for them to survive.

There's even sass from Eva coming up in Chapter Four. Chapter Three ended up with the pair of them going wild on a couch in his office. He had her skirt hiked up to her waist and she was willing to let him do what he wanted. Who knows how far things would have gone if they hadn't gotten interrupted.

That couch incident happened early Friday afternoon. He was determined to pick up where things left off right after work, but the best he could get, though, on the spot was her agreeing to talk about it over lunch Monday. But after he spent the rest of Friday afternoon very sexually frustrated, he tried pestering her again. He got her on the phone as she was about to leave her office -- and she couldn't resist twisting his tail.

OK, I'm going to jump ahead, because there's one bit of sass I think Gideon really deserved. Eva slam him for the way she figured he ran his sex life -- and without even realizing it, she hit the nail right on the head. His knee-jerk reaction was to get a little mad she's just insulted him. But I'll bet when he later replayed the words in his head over and over again, he must have thought -- "She thinks I'm a jerk and she's right. She sees right through me."

Here's what Eva said that made Gideon threaten to take her over his knee (and what must have made him squirm in shame inside):

" .... I have some friendly advice. Go spend time with a woman who salivates at your feet and makes you feel like a god. F*** her until neither one of you can walk. When you see me on Monday you'll be totally over it and your life will return to its usual obsessive-compulsive order." (Bared page 51)

And I love that less than a minute later, she hung up on him by saying, " ... I've got to go. I have a date with my vibrator." (Bottom of page 51 -- and Cary laughed his head off when Eva told him about that parting shot).

Oh I don't think his trip to New York is so unexpected after living near her for the past 4 years he simply missed his daughter and worried about her too living in a city such as New York especially since he is a cop so I totally see why he would want to visit his only child...

Hi Sscrph, 

I think that Victor did miss his daughter too.  I could only imagine that after having his daughter around him for four years, it would have been hard for Victor to see his daughter move across the country (especially when he may not have had that much contact with Eva before she came to live with him).  The jury is out on how much contact Victor may have had with his daughter before she went to live with him.  What do you think?

Ciao Gabri,

I was thinking about what you said about Eva and her fashion choices and something struck me.  Eva is a very sexual person internally and externally.  Most women wouldn't wear garters with stockings.  The garters can be uncomfortable and the lines may show through the clothing (depending on what they would wear). 

I think that if we polled the women of this forum, I think that many would say that if they had to wear stockings, they would most likely choose the convenience of pantyhose.  The reference of garters and stockings are usually reserved for sexy or romantic evenings.  Perhaps this is a North American thing, perhaps not. What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Maybe her fashion choices stem from Monica's guidance. LOL

Hi ladies: As I'm re-reading these chapters, the one thing I'm curious about is where did Eva live before she lived with her dad? Was that ever explained? I always assumed Eva grew up in New York and moved out to live near her father for college. I figured she didn't live anywhere near her father growing up, because she states that her parents haven't seen each other for many years

Thanks for anyone's in-sight into this.

Hi Ript,

I was wondering that too.  Monica had been married three times.  Barker was her first husband (where they lived, who knows?) but there was a second marriage before Stanton, so what I wonder is if Monica moved Eva around during her early years (while she was busy getting married and divorced).  I wonder what Monica considered "home base".  If one of her marriages didn't work out, where would Monica go to regroup?  Would she stay in the state that she had been living in while she was married or would she pick up and move back to her home state?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Maybe her fashion choices stem from Monica's guidance. LOL

Hi Sscrph,

That's an incredibly astute observation.  Think about the dress that Monica sent Eva for the advocacy dinner...holy cow!  How many mothers would send their daughters dresses like that? 

There's even sass from Eva coming up in Chapter Four. Chapter Three ended up with the pair of them going wild on a couch in his office. He had her skirt hiked up to her waist and she was willing to let him do what he wanted. Who knows how far things would have gone if they hadn't gotten interrupted.

That couch incident happened early Friday afternoon. He was determined to pick up where things left off right after work, but the best he could get, though, on the spot was her agreeing to talk about it over lunch Monday. But after he spent the rest of Friday afternoon very sexually frustrated, he tried pestering her again. He got her on the phone as she was about to leave her office -- and she couldn't resist twisting his tail.

OK, I'm going to jump ahead, because there's one bit of sass I think Gideon really deserved. Eva slam him for the way she figured he ran his sex life -- and without even realizing it, she hit the nail right on the head. His knee-jerk reaction was to get a little mad she's just insulted him. But I'll bet when he later replayed the words in his head over and over again, he must have thought -- "She thinks I'm a jerk and she's right. She sees right through me."

Here's what Eva said that made Gideon threaten to take her over his knee (and what must have made him squirm in shame inside):

" .... I have some friendly advice. Go spend time with a woman who salivates at your feet and makes you feel like a god. F*** her until neither one of you can walk. When you see me on Monday you'll be totally over it and your life will return to its usual obsessive-compulsive order." (Bared page 51)

And I love that less than a minute later, she hung up on him by saying, " ... I've got to go. I have a date with my vibrator." (Bottom of page 51 -- and Cary laughed his head off when Eva told him about that parting shot).

Just supposed if things had gone farther, Gideon would have broken a rule. Because he always had sex at the hotel.

Getting back to chapter three.

Gideon became to realise that Eva wasn't going to be an easy lay like the rest of the women he had sex with. Although he is a dominant man, Eva was challenging. Did he find this a turn on?

Hi Julie54,

I would only think that Gideon would find it a HUGE turn on, that Eva was such a challenge!  Gideon built his empire by not taking "no" for an answer, just imagine what a little (or alot!!) sexual chemistry, with a very beautiful woman would do to man like Gideon.  It is a wonder that he would be able to even form a sentence let alone have an entire conversation.  Perhaps Gideon's brain fried a little every time he was near Eva.  Hmm, one can only wonder...

Getting back to chapter three.

Gideon became to realise that Eva wasn't going to be an easy lay like the rest of the women he had sex with. Although he is a dominant man, Eva was challenging. Did he find this a turn on?

From the moment he first laid eyes on her, Gideon wanted Eva like he'd never, ever wanted a woman before. It drove him nuts she wouldn't fall at his feet, even though he was used to women constantly throwing themselves at him. By the time Eva entered his life, I'll bet Gideon still hadn't ever had to chase any woman, because he probably never saw a particular woman he really, really, wanted. He was constantly surrounded by women throwing themselves at him, so when the mood struck him (i.e. he was feeling h****) he could just pick one out and sleep with her a few times, maybe even a few weeks, then send her on her way once he got the mood out of his system.

One last reflection about Gedeon's behaviour during the meeting with the Kingsman vodka directors. Wouldn't you say that, by asking Eva for her professional advice, Gedeon is showing great interest in her intelligence as well? Perhaps, in dealing with Eva, he is reconsidering his usual approach to women he wants to take to bed. It may be seen as a first step towards the establishment of new patterns for him. CIAO!!!!!!

Ciao Gabri,

You bring up a good point.  I found it highly unusual that Gideon talked to Eva during the Kingman Vodka meeting.  If anything Eva was nothing more than an entry level assistant and as such I don't think that a person with her title would have been actively included in the open discussions.  I think that someone with her title probably would have been taking notes or assisting her boss with his presentation or discussion with the "higher ups".  The fact that Gideon included Eva from the very beginning is very interesting.  Whether he included her because he wanted to spend more time with her or that he wanted to change patterns I am not sure that we the readers will ever know.  What does everyone think?

Hi Julie54,

I would only think that Gideon would find it a HUGE turn on, that Eva was such a challenge!  Gideon built his empire by not taking "no" for an answer, just imagine what a little (or alot!!) sexual chemistry, with a very beautiful woman would do to man like Gideon.  It is a wonder that he would be able to even form a sentence let alone have an entire conversation.  Perhaps Gideon's brain fried a little every time he was near Eva.  Hmm, one can only wonder...

Evening Gigi

Gideon was probably surrounded by yes people. No one daring to stand up to him and his powerful empire. Must have gotten boring not being challenged till our girl came along. Let the sparks fly!!

I am not going to be able to go on these pages till about the 8th June because its not released here till 6th June. You will have to start without me .lol. Or could you wait till I catch up please?

That's ok, I read like a turtle so by the time you get your book and finish reading it, I will just about have finished reading my book.  So in the end it all works out. :)

Ciao Gabri,

You bring up a good point.  I found it highly unusual that Gideon talked to Eva during the Kingman Vodka meeting.  If anything Eva was nothing more than an entry level assistant and as such I don't think that a person with her title would have been actively included in the open discussions.  I think that someone with her title probably would have been taking notes or assisting her boss with his presentation or discussion with the "higher ups".  The fact that Gideon included Eva from the very beginning is very interesting.  Whether he included her because he wanted to spend more time with her or that he wanted to change patterns I am not sure that we the readers will ever know.  What does everyone think?

Gideon manipulated the whole Kingsman vodka meeting to get close to Eva. Cary picked up on this later.

Just supposed if things had gone farther, Gideon would have broken a rule. Because he always had sex at the hotel.

My guess is Gideon would have done the same thing to Eva in his office that he ended up doing to her at her apartment on Saturday night, manually manipulating her to repeated climaxes but not have one himself. I doubt he'd have engaged in intercourse on the office couch -- for one thing, he probably didn't have a condom. But I bet that if he got as far as getting Eva to come several times on that couch, she'd have gone with him to the hotel right after work.

Gideon's hotel-sex rule, I think, applied strictly to sexual intercourse. When he said he wanted Eva "under him" he most likely meant it literally -- missionary style with him restraining her with his arms, exactly what he did when they did have that hotel room sex that one time. My guess is this is the only way Gideon would allow himself to climax

Hi Sscrph,

That's an incredibly astute observation.  Think about the dress that Monica sent Eva for the advocacy dinner...holy cow!  How many mothers would send their daughters dresses like that? 

Monica's fashion choices have always bespoke of her goals to land a rich husband and she certainly wanted Eva to do the same if you notice many of the conversations Monica and Eva have are about something superficial like fashion choices. Monica even scolds Eva at one point saying she should have developed a personal style by now and it shouldn't be sweats. The only thing I like that Monica has ever said was when describing a mane of hair like Gideon's..."Only rogues and raiders have hair like that". Oh yea!!! I think the ladies of the forum can all imagine ourselves running our hands through Gideon's hair too...

That's ok, I read like a turtle so by the time you get your book and finish reading it, I will just about have finished reading my book.  So in the end it all works out. :)

Bless you. Am seriously thinking about e books, they get released sooner for some reason. But I still like a proper book. Good and old fashioned.

One of the best lines in the chapter, possibly the whole book is,

"Why even call it a f**k? Why not be clear and call it a seminal emission in a pre-approved orifice? Classic.

One of the things I noticed. In the lift, after her lunch with Stanton, Gideon said to Eva , "no lies, Eva. Ever" He may not lie as such, but he is extremely economical with the truth.

Gideon's lack of information may be considered a lie by omission of sorts.  It has caused no end of problems for these two.   I really hope that Gideon eventually lets his guard down with Eva (in future books) because if he can't, I don't see how there could be any real hope for these two.

My guess is Gideon would have done the same thing to Eva in his office that he ended up doing to her at her apartment on Saturday night, manually manipulating her to repeated climaxes but not have one himself. I doubt he'd have engaged in intercourse on the office couch -- for one thing, he probably didn't have a condom. But I bet that if he got as far as getting Eva to come several times on that couch, she'd have gone with him to the hotel right after work.

Gideon's hotel-sex rule, I think, applied strictly to sexual intercourse. When he said he wanted Eva "under him" he most likely meant it literally -- missionary style with him restraining her with his arms, exactly what he did when they did have that hotel room sex that one time. My guess is this is the only way Gideon would allow himself to climax

His two o clock appointment would have been waiting a long time, given Gideons stamina! Lol

Gideon's lack of information may be considered a lie by omission of sorts.  It has caused no end of problems for these two.   I really hope that Gideon eventually lets his guard down with Eva (in future books) because if he can't, I don't see how there could be any real hope for these two.

Because he was closed off, opening up to Eva was always going to be a problem until they started trusting each other.

Monica's fashion choices have always bespoke of her goals to land a rich husband and she certainly wanted Eva to do the same if you notice many of the conversations Monica and Eva have are about something superficial like fashion choices. Monica even scolds Eva at one point saying she should have developed a personal style by now and it shouldn't be sweats. The only thing I like that Monica has ever said was when describing a mane of hair like Gideon's..."Only rogues and raiders have hair like that". Oh yea!!! I think the ladies of the forum can all imagine ourselves running our hands through Gideon's hair too...

You are right. I find it interesting that Monica has more of a friend type relationship than a mother-daughter relationship with Eva.  If the end goal is always to find a husband then I wonder what other "unspoken" things Monica taught her daughter about keeping a husband. 

Is it just me or does the relationship seem to have a "highly sexualized" untone to it?  Monica sends her daughter extremely revealing dresses, constantly keeps after Eva about her appearance and what she wears.  In the next book she talked with Eva about how her actions could have consequences if she married a man like Gideon (...you are an assest...make sure you keep it that way...I am paraphrasing but the sentiment is there). 

Other than holding Eva after she had a melt down about Nathan and the video tapes and blackmail thing when has Monica ever acted like a mother?  When has Monica ever just hugged her daughter or offered he any kind of unconditonal support?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Because he was closed off, opening up to Eva was always going to be a problem until they started trusting each other.

Again you are right.  I know we are getting ahead of ourselves here, but I really hope that Gideon finds his inner strength and begins to develop a healthier relationship with Eva.  I have to wonder though, did his lack of information (or willingness to be forthcoming with the "truth") ever affect him professionally?

Yes I like "No Lies Eva, ever"   too

Hi Golfergirl,

What do you think Gideon meant by that?  Could it be that Gideon was foretelling Eva something about himself?  Here's a quick question:  Is it fair of Gideon to expect something like that from Eva when he himself couldn't do the same?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?