One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also keeping tabs on Eva's outfits as the days pass by... quite telling and inspiring! Anyone interested?

Hey are we reading and analysing same day, or reading one day, analysing the next day? Sorry if I keep going off at a tangent. :-)

There's only one exact time-specific instruction - that we all aim to read one particular chapter each day. The goal is for us to be all on the same page, pun intended, each day in terms of exactly where we all have our noses in the Crossfire novels.

So today, the goal is for many of us as possible to get through reading Bared Chapter Two.

Sylvia left other things flexible. For example, after each of us has finished a particular chapter, she'd like to hear which quotes or paragraphs were our personal favorites. But there's no deadline for turning in our homework.

She's left wide open commenting on the chapters, on everything, within these fan forums. She has, however, asked that we not post any spoiler matters on the more widespread fan media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) That's the main reason why I didn't breathe a word on Twitter about the Gideon-Did-It spoiler -- because it was a spoiler. The main reason this forum section of her fan page exists is so we can discuss stuff to our heart's content.

There's only one exact time-specific instruction - that we all aim to read one particular chapter each day. The goal is for us to be all on the same page, pun intended, each day in terms of exactly where we all have our noses in the Crossfire novels.

So today, the goal is for many of us as possible to get through reading Bared Chapter Two.

Sylvia left other things flexible. For example, after each of us has finished a particular chapter, she'd like to hear which quotes or paragraphs were our personal favorites. But there's no deadline for turning in our homework.

She's left wide open commenting on the chapters, on everything, within these fan forums. She has, however, asked that we not post any spoiler matters on the more widespread fan media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) That's the main reason why I didn't breathe a word on Twitter about the Gideon-Did-It spoiler -- because it was a spoiler. The main reason this forum section of her fan page exists is so we can discuss stuff to our heart's content.

And boy do we discuss!

I love the relationship between Mark and Steven, it seems so easy going and relaxed. Eva made the comment that she felt awe and a dash of envy, probably hoping for that sort of partnership.

And boy do we discuss!

I love the relationship between Mark and Steven, it seems so easy going and relaxed. Eva made the comment that she felt awe and a dash of envy, probably hoping for that sort of partnership.

Mark Stephen and Shawna friendship interests me make me think will they help Eva and Gideon to keep their relationship secret .

Will mark send Eva away on an assignment or something just to spend time with Gideon

OK, since we're jumping all over the place even as we try to stick to reading a chapter a day .... something work related about Eva fell into place for me as I was re-reading Chapters One and Two of Bared To You, chapters in which Eva starts her new career in advertising and from day one (well, actually day two of the story) Gideon manages to finagle himself into her company .....

.... why is it the week after Nathan died, which ended with Eva dumping Gideon, did all of a sudden a new character came up at Eva's agency, Will-the-new-hire. See page 290 of Reflected. One of the other junior account executives (i.e. someone low on the totem pole exactly at the same level as Eva's boss) got a brand new assistant (i.e. someone even lower, at the entry level and doing the exact same job as Eva does -- someone she naturally was asked to help train.)

Who wants to bet that Gideon pulled some strings to place Will in Eva's office as a way for Gideon to keep an eye on Eva at work? Not only is Will's timing of starting work there a little too convenient, it just so happens that Will is in the process of moving in together with his long-time girlfriend (his high school sweetheart no less.)

Hmmmm ..... Gideon knows about Will as a person somehow -- knows Will is a good guy, an old fashioned nice guy who would be totally safe to be around Eva, who wouldn't dream of ever pursuing Eva romantically. So Gideon pulls strings for Will to start working right away at Waters Field & Lehman -- and Gideon even arranges for Will and his high school sweetheart to be able to get an apartment together in New York City.

Oh I can't imagine Gideon doing something like that (cough, cough).

OK, since we're jumping all over the place even as we try to stick to reading a chapter a day .... something work related about Eva fell into place for me as I was re-reading Chapters One and Two of Bared To You, chapters in which Eva starts her new career in advertising and from day one (well, actually day two of the story) Gideon manages to finagle himself into her company .....

.... why is it the week after Nathan died, which ended with Eva dumping Gideon, did all of a sudden a new character came up at Eva's agency, Will-the-new-hire. See page 290 of Reflected. One of the other junior account executives (i.e. someone low on the totem pole exactly at the same level as Eva's boss) got a brand new assistant (i.e. someone even lower, at the entry level and doing the exact same job as Eva does -- someone she naturally was asked to help train.)

Who wants to bet that Gideon pulled some strings to place Will in Eva's office as a way for Gideon to keep an eye on Eva at work? Not only is Will's timing of starting work there a little too convenient, it just so happens that Will is in the process of moving in together with his long-time girlfriend (his high school sweetheart no less.)

Hmmmm ..... Gideon knows about Will as a person somehow -- knows Will is a good guy, an old fashioned nice guy who would be totally safe to be around Eva, who wouldn't dream of ever pursuing Eva romantically. So Gideon pulls strings for Will to start working right away at Waters Field & Lehman -- and Gideon even arranges for Will and his high school sweetheart to be able to get an apartment together in New York City.

I saw a twit about someone asking her about Will showing in EWY and SD said yes

You have such a suspicious mind. I'm loving it. Is it the journalist in you? Could he also be there for protection? Keeping close tabs on her, listening to her conversations and relaying them back to Gideon? We know how good Gideon is at manipulating situations-most of the time-especially the RFP for Kingsman Vodka, and asking for Mark Garrity by name.

I've just finished Chap. 2. Am I to wait till tomorrow to write something down? Ok, no problem!

Nope -- you can go for it now, gabri. I'm done with Chapter Two already as well. I'm still working on assembling my promised "Readers Guide" though (see page three of this discussion thread for what I did late yesterday with Chapter One -- I'm going to do something similar after work today.)

I did find it odd that Will was hired and Eva was all of a sudden training him, but I think I let it go because when they are all (Meg, Eva and Will) in the elevator with Gideon when he is about to return her ring, Will seems reluctant to get out and leave her with Gideon. Maybe I just read to much into that. I have to look at it again.

I did find it odd that Will was hired and Eva was all of a sudden training him, but I think I let it go because when they are all (Meg, Eva and Will) in the elevator with Gideon when he is about to return her ring, Will seems reluctant to get out and leave her with Gideon. Maybe I just read to much into that. I have to look at it again.

Now that I know, thanks to Donnad's memory that Sylvia revealed Will was deliberately planted in the ad agency where Eva works, it makes more sense Will got flustered when Gideon got into the same elevator as him (Will) and Eva.

The poor guy was probably wondering, "What do I do? How am I supposed to act? Is Gideon Cross going to suddenly ask me to do something here? What happens if Eva Trammel marches out of this elevator instead instead of staying on it like Mr. Cross asked her to? What do I do then?" Poor Will, he must have been sweating bullets. But I bet Megumi would have just written that off as "Will's brand new here in the Crossfire and that's probably the very first time he saw the famous Gideon Cross up close. No wonder Will felt a little nervous."

Does anyone think Will is a plant by NYPD??

I didn't say he was a "plant" someone just asked if he was going to appear into the EWY.   LOL - brains are working here....I come home from running errands and I'm laughing hysterical here.   

This is what happens when we start doing our own sleuthing. Lol move over Graves, the Forum is on the case!

Hmmmm ..... Gideon knows about Will as a person somehow -- knows Will is a good guy, an old fashioned nice guy who would be totally safe to be around Eva, who wouldn't dream of ever pursuing Eva romantically. So Gideon pulls strings for Will to start working right away at Waters Field & Lehman -- and Gideon even arranges for Will and his high school sweetheart to be able to get an apartment together in New York City.

I wonder if he is part of the security team Gideon has... "to keep a watchful eye" on Eva as Gideon says... Or ... "to spy on me" as Eva says.