One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

Sylvia recommends we all re-read Bared to You and Reflected in You, one chapter per day, before Entwined in You is released. She said if we start April 23, a goal would be to cover one chapter per day between now and the June 4 release day.

So today is Bared To You, Chapter One.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P.S. There's another thread already begun earlier this week to cover the day-by-day of Reflected. Sylvia has recommended we re-read Reflected very carefully.

This morning, I put up a timeline summary of Day One of Reflected, which plays out over chapters one through three plus nearly all of chapter four. (the final few pages of chapter four cover one scene the morning of Day Two).

Day One of Reflected was pretty intense, including Corrine pulling her nooner-with-Gideon stunt, sparking one of the worst fights Gideon and Eva ever have, probably second only to the fight they had after Gideon catches Eva in Brett's arms. The evening covers their first therapy appointment with Dr. Petersen. And that night, Eva has the first Nathan-raping-her nightmare she's had in a long time. Also that day, Nathan and Gideon face one another for the first time, something not explained in the novel but revealed by Sylvia in this forum.

I have to get my but to the gym so I'll reread while I'm on the treadmill.

Honey I have read and listened to those books in the gym, at Zumba class at the DMV at work,in the bathtub, denied my dear hubby sex cause all I wanted to do was read those books...! Lol

I'm audible out to..! But I'm gonna read your notes..!! Lol

I'm on it ..... just like I'd been on the radio interview last week in which Sylvia had dropped the ultimate Reflected spoiler.

P.S. I "telecommute" -- working from a home office via Internet and telephone. Thus I can multi-task personal stuff while at work. I'm in the Eastern U.S., so my work day is just getting underway - it's just before 9:30 a.m.

I'm on it ..... just like I'd been on the radio interview last week in which Sylvia had dropped the ultimate Reflected spoiler.

P.S. I "telecommute" -- working from a home office via Internet and telephone. Thus I can multi-task personal stuff while at work. I'm in the Eastern U.S., so my work day is just getting underway - it's just before 9:30 a.m.

Take The Lead My Friend..!! :)

Done my assignment.

One minor thing I did pick up on.

When helped Eva helped the young woman who had dropped her purse in the foyer scattering its contents, twice she was referred to as the brunette. There is a lot of emphasis on hair colouring in these books starting in chapter 1. Just an observation.

Done my assignment.

One minor thing I did pick up on.

When helped Eva helped the young woman who had dropped her purse in the foyer scattering its contents, twice she was referred to as the brunette. There is a lot of emphasis on hair colouring in these books starting in chapter 1. Just an observation.

I picked up on that too. Eva, obviously, had no idea in Bared Chapter One who Gideon was. However, it's plain the other woman knew Gideon is a celebrity, is perhaps the most eligible bachelor in the New York -- and is known for having a fetish for brunettes. Where that first red flag will ultimately lead (thus far until the end of Reflected):

1. Both Gideon's mother (who betrayed him as a child) and Corrine (the first woman who seduced him and the only other woman he ever had a serious relationship with) share the same coloring (blue eyes and long black hair).
  2. This leaves us wondering about the real root of Gideon's brunette fetish: is the root his first consensual sexual relationship or is it a "Mommy issue" (or maybe both).
  3. Eva told Gideon she believes the root is Corrine. Gideon admitted he isn't sure whether that's true. He tells Eva he was unaware he was seeing out brunettes -- he'd been unconscious of any sort of preference in women prior to Eva.
  4. Magdalene Perez, though not the only woman Gideon has publicly gone out with, is his most frequent social date, judging by photos Cary found when researching Gideon online . Every woman photographed with him is brunette.
  5. It turns out Magdalene deliberately wore her own brunette hair the same long style as Corrine's in order to try to make herself more desirable to Gideon. When Magdalene finally threw in the towel, she cut her hair.
  6. Even Eva's mother and Gideon's mother both are well aware of his preference for brunettes. Monica is the one who first tells Eva he's known for it. Elizabeth is very surprised by Eva's hair color when she meets Eva.

We do know that except for Corrine and Eva, Gideon maintained platonic relationships with all the women he dated socially, and he's never socialized with any of his sex partners. He took every woman he'd ever slept with, Corrine included, to the f*** pad hotel. We do know he has a fetish for control, and it's plain that fetish used to (prior to Eva) included where he had sex. Prior to Eva, the only place he ever f*** women was at that one hotel.

What we don't know is whether Gideon's brunette fetish is part of his past (i.e. pre-Eva) sexual fetishes. Of the three women we know for certain he has had sexual relationships with, each of them has a different hair color.

• Eva is a natural blonde
  • Corrine is a brunette
  • Anne Lucas is a redhead. But we do know this sexual relationship was based on pure malice, not on any sort of attraction Gideon had for Anne. Anne came on to him, and when he found out who her husband was, he slept with her repeatedly. She reached a point where she was ready to leave her husband -- and Gideon dumped her to send her back to him. He's deeply ashamed of this affair, which is one of the few dark matters in his past he thus far has confessed to Eva.

And how odd is the behavior of Elizabeth Vidal at the garden party to which Eva even commented on? Who asks someone they have never met before what their natural hair color is and even Ireland voiced this same observation they are all obsessed with hair color and what is the reason for this I hope SD lets us in on the secret ...I think the Vidals treat Gideon as some kind of oddity as opposed to the brilliant mega mogul estranged son that he is ...What does everyone think?

LN Cronan

Would be interesting to know if any of the "one night stands" were brunette?

I'm going for mummy issues. Going for Eva has totally broken the habit. It is as if a spell has been broken, and he has been released.

I'm guessing all his meaningless sex partners, from one-night stands to short-term "strangers with benefits" (to use Eva's term) all were brunettes too.

If Gideon had no clue he had any sort of preference at all, then his unconscious attraction to dating brunettes might have extended to f****** only brunettes.

Or -- the opposite might be the case. Post-Corrine, maybe one of his control-fetish issues was that he did not f*** any more brunettes. The hotel-sex fetish clearly started with Corrine. Maybe some of Gideon's additional issues are rooted in that first consensual adult sexual relationship.

If the story with Gideon used to be all-brunettes, in and out of bed, then there is an extra layer to why Eva is extraordinary in so many ways. She certainly broke him of the hotel-sex thing. She broke him of the never-stay-the-night thing too. Did she break him of the brunette thing as well?

HELLO EVERYBODY!! I reread Chap. 1 of Bared last night and I loved it more than the first time because I noticed a few foretelling hints of what lies ahead for Eva. When she goes out her block of flats she says that 'the smells and sounds ... embraced me and invited me to explore', which is just what a lover would ask of her! Later on, when she's enjoying NY life in an early June afternoon, she says she's trying not to be '... wide– eyed and distracted...', but that 'There was so much to see and experience', an apt suggestion of her forthcoming reaction to Gedeon, isn't it? My favourite ones are 'NY was a brand–new love affair for me. I was starry–eyed and it showed.' because I was just like that the first time I went to London. If anything new should come to my mind, I'll let you know. CIAO!!