SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Good morning ladies from cloudy England

What a busy night!

Right. I'm think Anne Lucas and her brother, were the shrink and doctorate that cared for Elizabeth during her pregnancy.

Terry Lucas covered up Gideons rape, to spare the family name. Gideon didn't have much interaction with Anne because he was always left alone with him.

Did Gideon know Anne was the shrink when he had sex with her?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this little scene in my head from Brett & Eva's first meeting in Book 4 where Brett leans in to kiss her hello and she stops him by putting her left hand up to cover his mouth. He sees her ring and exclaims "You're engaged!" To which she replies, "Actually, I'm married."

And then it will be bye bye Brett :)

Eva needs to remember that a part of the promises made when getting married is to "forsake all others." Meaning she needs to forever slam shut the Brett door. She can't be "friends" with someone for whom she still feels real sexual attraction and who is actively wooing her.

I get that she is a nice person and all. But really her wanting to be friends with Brett I don't get it. Yet she doesn't want Gideon to be friends with Corrine. Gideon feels nothing for Corrine. She is attracted to Brett. I pray she tells Brett off in SD and says i'm sorry we cant be friends.

With that said I was really disappointed in Monica and Victor, I know that most everyone here loves the, but I have a real problem with cheating and I hate that Monica cheated with Victor.  I also think that their cheating was important for Eva to see before she got married, so she could see the pain caused by their actions.

I think Clancy might know that Monica cheated. 

she might be swinging the lead! Pulling a fast one. Playing hooky.

Do you think Michael could have realised how much he liked Megumi, and taken her away for a few days?

I like that idea. But even so, surely Megumi would be able to at least take Eva's calls or text her or something.

I agree it's hypocritical of Eva to want Gideon to end his friendship with Corinne but for her to push for one with Brett. I do think part of her motivation, though she hasnt admitted it to herself yet, is that Gideon has not fully cut off contact with Corinne. Granted thats not really his fault given the stunts Corinne has been pulling! But Eva did say Gideon was setting the precedent for her with her ex's. I think in part she is subconsciously punishing Gideon. But I also think she believes Brett is a good guy who will back off once he understands she's fully committed to Gideon, and Gideon's fully committed to her.

Hi GiGi~ I can't imagine what is going on with Megumi. Why would she not call Eva back? That makes no sense. There has to be something going on here. Do you think Michael has done something to her?

Gosh I hope not.

I agree it's hypocritical of Eva to want Gideon to end his friendship with Corinne but for her to push for one with Brett. I do think part of her motivation, though she hasnt admitted it to herself yet, is that Gideon has not fully cut off contact with Corinne. Granted thats not really his fault given the stunts Corinne has been pulling! But Eva did say Gideon was setting the precedent for her with her ex's. I think in part she is subconsciously punishing Gideon. But I also think she believes Brett is a good guy who will back off once he understands she's fully committed to Gideon, and Gideon's fully committed to her.

Have to agree with you there. They are still being held back by their pasts, while trying to move forward.

Hi Kirsten,

I just wanted to add quickly, Elizabeth Vidal's actions at the hospital spoke volumes to me.  You are absolutely correct, she had no business being at the hospital, but what's worse is that she was capitalizing on another family's tragedy to try and further her agenda (either separating Gideon and Eva or what....), but her actions were horrendous! 

I found it very interesting how Elizabeth physically came between Gideon and Eva to separate them and tried to guide Gideon over to where she wanted him to be.  No one from the Cross family should have been at the hospital. 

To me Elizabeth Vidal's actions stated that she would use anyone or any circumstance to further her agenda.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

I think the whole hospital scenario was ridiculous GidEva had no business being there in addition to Elizabeth...and I can see why Gideon wanted Angus to get Eva out of there because I was worried Corinne's parents would fixate on Eva , as I said earlier it was just sooo awkward and I felt sorry for Eva!!

I think Clancy might know that Monica cheated.

Maybe Monica took a cab to Eva's and Clancy wasn't involved in transporting her I think Monica knew the meeting could get ugly or NOT!!!

Good morning ladies from cloudy England

What a busy night!

Right. I'm think Anne Lucas and her brother, were the shrink and doctorate that cared for Elizabeth during her pregnancy.

Terry Lucas covered up Gideons rape, to spare the family name. Gideon didn't have much interaction with Anne because he was always left alone with him.

Did Gideon know Anne was the shrink when he had sex with her?

Gross !!! So Anne Lucas and her BROTHER both had sex with Gideon it's getting almost incestuous !! YUK!!

Hi Bookworm 

Both you and ShazScott1980 make good points thus far.  Time will tell if Tatiana is actually pregnant and if it is Cary's baby.  In the last book, I think it was mentioned that Tatiana had a boyfriend at the time that she and Cary were having sex so it very well could have been his baby too.

Plus she was in Prague before Cary's accident so maybe that's where the boyfriend is or just could have hooked up with someone there also...

How do we think Gideon should handle the situation with Corinne going forward? Should he visit her in the hospital? Cut off all contact and refuse to speak to her again?

Personally I think visiting her in hospital is another mixed message and she may believe (if her suicide attempt was to manipulate Gideon into coming back to her) that she has been successful. I think he should write her a letter making it quite clear that they are finished forever, explain to her how he feels about Eva. I dont think he should necessarily give it to her right away - maybe give it to her husband to pass on when he feels she is strong enough. But I think by not visiting her that should send a message in itself that he is done playing games and she needs to move on, deal with this mess she has created, without him.

Maybe Monica took a cab to Eva's and Clancy wasn't involved in transporting her I think Monica knew the meeting could get ugly or NOT!!!

Gross !!! So Anne Lucas and her BROTHER both had sex with Gideon it's getting almost incestuous !! YUK!!

When Gideon told Eva about his rape at the end of book 2, he referred to the shrink as a female, and the doctorate as male. Just connected the dots. What do you think?

Hi Shycharn! 

I am so glad that you are posting!  Did you know where in the book that Eva figured out that Anne Lucas was treating Corinne or are we in the speculation stage? 

The Russian mob and Megumi?  Holy cow!!!  I hope not!!!  She deserves better than that!  Do you think that maybe Corinne maybe too broken to deal with a confrontation or do you think that seeing Gideon will cause her to snap altogether?  Do you think that someone at the hospial that night will tell Corinne that Gideon stopped by?

Hi Shycharn it did cross my mind that the baby might be Gideon's and I'm sure Eva thought it too... Truthfully I think that's why Eva thought Gideon took off because that news would be so devastating to Eva especially in light of their engagement you know how Eva always thinks disaster is lurking around the corner to derail her happiness...

When Gideon told Eva about his rape at the end of book 2, he referred to the shrink as a female, and the doctorate as male. Just connected the dots. What do you think?

Oh I think this is definitely true I guess the attraction for Gideon runs in the family...and Gideon does refer to them as the whole FUC$ed up lot of them...

How do we think Gideon should handle the situation with Corinne going forward? Should he visit her in the hospital? Cut off all contact and refuse to speak to her again?

Personally I think visiting her in hospital is another mixed message and she may believe (if her suicide attempt was to manipulate Gideon into coming back to her) that she has been successful. I think he should write her a letter making it quite clear that they are finished forever, explain to her how he feels about Eva. I dont think he should necessarily give it to her right away - maybe give it to her husband to pass on when he feels she is strong enough. But I think by not visiting her that should send a message in itself that he is done playing games and she needs to move on, deal with this mess she has created, without him.

I think that this should be Eva 's first task as CRISIS MANAGER because clearly Gideon does not know how to handle Corinne...

I think Eva is just having a hard time adjusting to the fact that she is no longer a single woman and her actions have to demonstrate her status as engaged/married.....I think this just goes along with her fear of changing which was her main reservation about marrying Gideon!!

I'm not convinced that Anne Lucas was the shrink that treated Elizabeth while her brother abused Gideon. Terry & Anne were married at that point (that is why Terry covered up Hugh's crime) but Gideon said it took him a long time to figure out why Terry had done what he did.

If his mother's shrink had been called Dr Lucas also, it wouldn't have taken him long to connect the dots. Also when family are working together its usually mentioned fairly early on in conversations. (I work for my dad & the fact that I am his daughter is always mentioned in work introductions)

Also if Elizabeth went to a pediatrician with the same last name as the shrink treating her, then her neglect of Gideon & her mistreatment of him in this whole situation demands that she be burned at the stake IMO!

I think his family is probably in France. It's obvious that Corrine's parents don't care for him.

Maybe the families remained close because they travel in the same social circles. Maybe they just reconnected when this stupid plan of Gideon's started. Who the ###### knows.

Well lets face it Jean Francois doesn't exactly seem like someone you want to give hugs to but Eva said he is HOT and I'm sure Corinnes's relationship with him was all about appearances... I think I stated earlier that I'm not sure their marriage could survive this miscarriage if there was no love there to begin with so it worries me that Corinne may still be in the picture in the coming books...

Both if them need to make a clean break from their exes. Friendship can never work with Brett and Corinne

Totally agree ... Gideon does refer to the relationship going forward with Corinne as SOCIAL friends...that IS different than REAL friends.

I don't know. I'm not sure I want them too. It really bothered me that Monica cheated on Stanton. Maybe things will come to light about Monica in the next two books, but right now I just don't think she has many redeeming qualities.

Totally agree Kirsten and I don't want Monica and Victor together either I also think Graves thinks Victor is HOT and has her eye on him!