Crossfire Series Questions for SYLVIA

Kirsten

Question

This thread is being started so we can all have a place to put our questions that we want Sylvia to answer. Obviously she will not be able to answer all since we have two more book to go... YAY!

My question still is what was with the back and forth between Gideon and Elizabeth regarding Cary at the garden party?

It is obvious that Gideon and Angus have a very close relationship, will we find out more about it, it book 4 or 5?

• Answers 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I think Angus knew of the accusations too. However, I think he found out after Hugh was assaulting Gideon. Angus drove Gideon to school and, most likely, recognized changes in his behavior that indicated abuse. My guess is at first he didn't suspect Hugh or Angus would have done something about it. Let's face it the abuse could have been at school, friends' house, etc. I think Angus started his own investigation, figured out who the abuser was and connected the link between Hugh and Dr. Terry. In my opinion, since Hugh wasn't a Lucas the connection was immediately obvious. (I'm in the camp that doesn't think Dr. Demented was they psychiatrist.) Once Angus put 2 and 2 together he didn't allow Gideon to be alone with Hugh again. Once Hugh realized he was being monitored by Angus he either changed mentors or completed his doctorate and moved on.

I agree that Angus doesn't trust the Lizard because if he recognized changes in Gideon his mother should too.

Hi Sharon,
Do you think it is possible that Angus may have noticed a distinct behavioural change in Gideon everytime he was supposed to have one of his therapy sessions that would have been different than a school tantrum or a fight with his mother?

I was also thinking about something, thus far Elizabeth Vidal has come across as such a snarky two-faced individual, do you think that Elizabeth Vidal would have been comfortable to have the "help" spending so much time with her son? How much interference do you think Elizabeth Vidal would have tolerated from a chauffeur?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

I'm reading the series again, In Reflected in You on page 312, when Eva goes to see Corinne at her apartment. Eva asks Corinne, did you have a nooner with someone from one of the other offices? Or did you muss yourself up before you stepped outside? Because Eva feels that Corinne saw her coming from across the street. My question is, what was Corinne doing at Crossfire that day? Do you think she went to see Gideon but he was busy (with Nathan)?

Hi Shan, 

Corinne went to Crossfire that day to see Gideon, but he was already in a meeting with Nathan.  Sylvia confirmed this in earlier posting or tweet (several months ago) when some of her fans were asking.  :) 

Thanks =) its entertaining to read all your theories..

Welcome Cuddlygurl, I am fairly new to this site, started when I read Reflected now I am on constantly and even during work which is fun, luckily I am the manager of my department so I get away with it LOL.

We all have fun on here and I ususaly post lots of Henry Cavill picture while Kirsten is off because we all love Henry

Enjoy the forum :P

Hi Sharon,

Do you think it is possible that Angus may have noticed a distinct behavioural change in Gideon everytime he was supposed to have one of his therapy sessions that would have been different than a school tantrum or a fight with his mother?

I was also thinking about something, thus far Elizabeth Vidal has come across as such a snarky two-faced individual, do you think that Elizabeth Vidal would have been comfortable to have the "help" spending so much time with her son? How much interference do you think Elizabeth Vidal would have tolerated from a chauffeur?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

I think it is very possible that Angus noticed differences with Gideon, I am just hoping that Gideon will have a chance to speak to his mum about what went on, with Eva by his side and that Elizabeth will accept it and start to try and heal the rift between her and her son :)

I think it is very possible that Angus noticed differences with Gideon, I am just hoping that Gideon will have a chance to speak to his mum about what went on, with Eva by his side and that Elizabeth will accept it and start to try and heal the rift between her and her son :)

I agree that Angus noticed changes in Gideon but I'm sure it took awhile before Gideon shared anything with Angus.  He was probably in a frame of mind that no one listens to him anyway.  I don't think Angus caught Hugh in the act or he would have beat him senseless at a minimum.  Angus seems to be an honorable man.  I do think Angus threaten Hugh in some way and he stopped coming to the Vidal's.

I agree that Angus noticed changes in Gideon but I'm sure it took awhile before Gideon shared anything with Angus.  He was probably in a frame of mind that no one listens to him anyway.  I don't think Angus caught Hugh in the act or he would have beat him senseless at a minimum.  Angus seems to be an honorable man.  I do think Angus threaten Hugh in some way and he stopped coming to the Vidal's.

Good point : Angus threatening and Hugh deciding not to return is a very real possibility...

Hi Sharon, 

I agree.  I don't think that Gideon shared anything for a long time (if anything at all).  It is completely plausible that Angus may have threatened Hugh.  I can hardly wait until the next book.  I would love to know how the whole abuse scenario ended.  It will be very interesting to find out.   

Hi Sheens, 

I agree.  I think that Gideon will need to hash this entire thing out with his mother if he wants to move forward and hopefully heal.  I just wonder if that can happen.  On page 351, Elizabeth Vidal says:  "You're filling his head with lies."  That line makes me wonder whether, after all these years, if Elizabeth still believes that Gideon was lying.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Something to look forward to.  Can't wait.

So excited! Let the snippets begin!!!

I know, it will be good to get them again and hopefully answer some of the questions we have, it will also be interesting to see if the book title she picks one of us has already guessed :)

Hi Sheens, 

I agree.  I think that Gideon will need to hash this entire thing out with his mother if he wants to move forward and hopefully heal.  I just wonder if that can happen.  On page 351, Elizabeth Vidal says:  "You're filling his head with lies."  That line makes me wonder whether, after all these years, if Elizabeth still believes that Gideon was lying.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

I think she (Lizard) thinks that Gideon is delusional after the trauma over his dad's death he has made things up for attention but Lizard needs to realise and hopefully will that Gideon was a young boy and did not have it in his head to make this up, but if she doesn't well it is her loss not Gideon's and I don't think he would be too crushed about it, he would be upset but I think he has thought for a long time that his family was estranged to him and it may never change.

I think she (Lizard) thinks that Gideon is delusional after the trauma over his dad's death he has made things up for attention but Lizard needs to realise and hopefully will that Gideon was a young boy and did not have it in his head to make this up, but if she doesn't well it is her loss not Gideon's and I don't think he would be too crushed about it, he would be upset but I think he has thought for a long time that his family was estranged to him and it may never change.

Right now Gideon is only concerned about his future with Eva and I don't think he cares about a future with the Vidals with the possible exception of Ireland...I think Eva will be the one to push for this because I think that Gideon has completely written off a future with them...that being said I do find it interesting that Gideon was greatly concerned about his mother surviving another financial meltdown that he took controlling interest of Vidal Records; his actions are contradictory here...

Right now Gideon is only concerned about his future with Eva and I don't think he cares about a future with the Vidals with the possible exception of Ireland...I think Eva will be the one to push for this because I think that Gideon has completely written off a future with them...that being said I do find it interesting that Gideon was greatly concerned about his mother surviving another financial meltdown that he took controlling interest of Vidal Records; his actions are contradictory here...

I made this comment about his actions regarding taking over Vidal records because of his mother. I think the little boy in Gideon loves his mum, even though she abandoned him. His love is still strong enough to make sure that she doesn't suffer another financial crisis. He hasn't forgiven her, but a child's love is unconditional. I think he has a deep unconscious yearning, wanting to reconcile with his mother. This will help him love himself.

I agree, I think Gideon will love having Ireland in his future as well, I don't think that even if he does not happen much contact with the Vidals that Ireland will reject him, she adores him.

I think he felt sorry for his mum and a bit guilty that he had all the money and decided to help them out, maybe he thought it was a way to finally get to open up to his mum and her to listen to him and believe him.

I made this comment about his actions regarding taking over Vidal records because of his mother. I think the little boy in Gideon loves his mum, even though she abandoned him. His love is still strong enough to make sure that she doesn't suffer another financial crisis. He hasn't forgiven her, but a child's love is unconditional. I think he has a deep unconscious yearning, wanting to reconcile with his mother. This will help him love himself.

I think he has always wanted his mum to believe him but she didn't and yes deep down he does love her

Hmmmmm... Very well said Julie!!

Yes, I agree. I think that Eva will help bring them together, making Gideon and his mom talk and fight through this. I believe also that Gideon still loves his mom. Eva says that Elizabeth looks at Gideon with love. The getting his mom to believe him will be one of the biggest things that needs to happen for Gideon to heal.

Yes, I agree. I think that Eva will help bring them together, making Gideon and his mom talk and fight through this. I believe also that Gideon still loves his mom. Eva says that Elizabeth looks at Gideon with love. The getting his mom to believe him will be one of the biggest things that needs to happen for Gideon to heal.

Gideon has built a wall around himself, to protect himself from hurt. Once his mother believes him and he forgives her, that wall will crumble. But Lizzy has a lot of repairing to do. Over half his life she abandoned him. But I think there's is more than just the abuse. Lizzy as made some cryptic comments, starting at the garden party. I think it goes deeper.

Gideon has built a wall around himself, to protect himself from hurt. Once his mother believes him and he forgives her, that wall will crumble. But Lizzy has a lot of repairing to do. Over half his life she abandoned him. But I think there's is more than just the abuse. Lizzy as made some cryptic comments, starting at the garden party. I think it goes deeper.

I agree with you Julie

:)

Hi Sheens, 

Wow.  I never would have thought that Elizabeth Vidal might use Gideon's fathers' suicide as an excuse to explain away Gideon's claims of abuse.  It is a very interesting theory.  I wonder if Elizabeth thinks that Eva is perpetuating this "delusion" or whether she is just simply upset that a total stranger (for all purposes) brought up such a touchy subject.  What do you think?