Crossfire Series Questions for SYLVIA

Kirsten

Question

This thread is being started so we can all have a place to put our questions that we want Sylvia to answer. Obviously she will not be able to answer all since we have two more book to go... YAY!

My question still is what was with the back and forth between Gideon and Elizabeth regarding Cary at the garden party?

It is obvious that Gideon and Angus have a very close relationship, will we find out more about it, it book 4 or 5?

• Answers 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Right now Gideon is only concerned about his future with Eva and I don't think he cares about a future with the Vidals with the possible exception of Ireland...I think Eva will be the one to push for this because I think that Gideon has completely written off a future with them...that being said I do find it interesting that Gideon was greatly concerned about his mother surviving another financial meltdown that he took controlling interest of Vidal Records; his actions are contradictory here...

Hi Sscrph, 

You make a good point.  If Gideon didn't care about his mother he may have left her and her "new family" to implode.  Could it be that Gideon didn't allow this to happen because of his sister?  Out of all the people in that family, it sems like Ireland is the only innocent one.

Could it also be that somewhere deep down inside Gideon hopes for a reconciliation between him and his mother?  Or could it be that Gideon is holding something over that family, that he may use one day to destroy them?  I can't see Gideon being intentionally evil, but Gideon is no fool either.  I just wonder how this storyline is going to play out.  What do you think?

I made this comment about his actions regarding taking over Vidal records because of his mother. I think the little boy in Gideon loves his mum, even though she abandoned him. His love is still strong enough to make sure that she doesn't suffer another financial crisis. He hasn't forgiven her, but a child's love is unconditional. I think he has a deep unconscious yearning, wanting to reconcile with his mother. This will help him love himself.

Hi Julie, 

You make a good point.  A child's love is alawys unconditional.  Let's hope Gideon reconciles with his mother and with his family if that is possible at all. 

I think he has always wanted his mum to believe him but she didn't and yes deep down he does love her

Why can't Elizabeth Vidal believe her son even after all these years?  Why can't she admit that she may have made a mistake?  I find it very perplexing.  What do you think?   

I agree, I think Gideon will love having Ireland in his future as well, I don't think that even if he does not happen much contact with the Vidals that Ireland will reject him, she adores him.

I think he felt sorry for his mum and a bit guilty that he had all the money and decided to help them out, maybe he thought it was a way to finally get to open up to his mum and her to listen to him and believe him.

Hi Sheens, 

You make a great point about Gideon not being rejected by Ireland.  If anything it is quite the opposite!  Ireland adores and hero-worships her brother.  Maybe she will be the one family to show him what it is like to be loved unconditionally by a family member.  I think that relationship, if nurtured, will do a world of good for Gideon and even Eva.  What do you think?

Yes, I agree. I think that Eva will help bring them together, making Gideon and his mom talk and fight through this. I believe also that Gideon still loves his mom. Eva says that Elizabeth looks at Gideon with love. The getting his mom to believe him will be one of the biggest things that needs to happen for Gideon to heal.

Hi Xfire,

I think that in order for Elizabeth Vidal to believe her son, she would need to admit that she made huge mistakes as a mother when Gideon was a boy.  I don't know how Eva could bring Elizabeth and Gideon together.  Every conversation that Eva has had with Elizabeth thus far has become increasingly hostile.  I know that Gideon listens to Eva's counsel, but I am not sure that Eva would in an emotionally fragile Gideon do deal with his mother.

Do you or any of the ladies have any ideas or theories about how Eva might help reconcile Gideon with his mother?  What does everyone think? 

Gideon has built a wall around himself, to protect himself from hurt. Once his mother believes him and he forgives her, that wall will crumble. But Lizzy has a lot of repairing to do. Over half his life she abandoned him. But I think there's is more than just the abuse. Lizzy as made some cryptic comments, starting at the garden party. I think it goes deeper.

Hi Julie, 

I agree with you.  What I wonder is how Gideon is going to get his mother to believe him?  Do yo have any ideas or suggestions? 

What are your theories about the cryptic comments made at the garden party?  Do you think that maybe Gideon walked in on his mother having an affair with one of his classmates (YUCK!!)?  What are your thoughts?  Everyone?

Hi Sheens, 

Wow.  I never would have thought that Elizabeth Vidal might use Gideon's fathers' suicide as an excuse to explain away Gideon's claims of abuse.  It is a very interesting theory.  I wonder if Elizabeth thinks that Eva is perpetuating this "delusion" or whether she is just simply upset that a total stranger (for all purposes) brought up such a touchy subject.  What do you think? 

It could be a bit of both actually GiGi the more I think about it

Why can't Elizabeth Vidal believe her son even after all these years?  Why can't she admit that she may have made a mistake?  I find it very perplexing.  What do you think?   

I think it is pride and denial actually and the fact that she thinks that if she does admit to this it is like admitting she was faulty in her raising of her son, I think as well a lot of it is shame in not recognising her son had problems 

Hi Sheens, 

You make a great point about Gideon not being rejected by Ireland.  If anything it is quite the opposite!  Ireland adores and hero-worships her brother.  Maybe she will be the one family to show him what it is like to be loved unconditionally by a family member.  I think that relationship, if nurtured, will do a world of good for Gideon and even Eva.  What do you think?

I agree, Ireland adores Gideon and I think you are right, I thinks he will show Gideon how much she loves him by sticking by him and helping him realise he is loved and hopefully that will start the ball rolling with the rest of the family, if not I think Ireland will still stick with her brother no matter what happens.

I agree, Ireland adores Gideon and I think you are right, I thinks he will show Gideon how much she loves him by sticking by him and helping him realise he is loved and hopefully that will start the ball rolling with the rest of the family, if not I think Ireland will still stick with her brother no matter what happens.

Hi Sheens,

I think that’s what Gideon so desperately needs; a family member who won’t judge him and will love him unconditionally.  I think it will make the world of difference for Gideon’s healing process. 

Hi Sheens,

You make excellent points about what may be keeping Elizabeth Vidal from potentially reconciling with her son.  I guess we will have to wait and see if this woman will actually swallow her pride and give her son what he so desperately needs.

Hi Sheens,

I think that’s what Gideon so desperately needs; a family member who won’t judge him and will love him unconditionally.  I think it will make the world of difference for Gideon’s healing process. 

yes he does and I think it will make all the difference to him knowing that Ireland loves him unconditionally :)

Hi Sheens,

You make excellent points about what may be keeping Elizabeth Vidal from potentially reconciling with her son.  I guess we will have to wait and see if this woman will actually swallow her pride and give her son what he so desperately needs.

I know but we shall just have to wait until book 4 which is frustrating, hopefully we shall get snippets soon which may help or confuse us even more LOL :)

Hi Julie, 

I agree with you.  What I wonder is how Gideon is going to get his mother to believe him?  Do yo have any ideas or suggestions? 

What are your theories about the cryptic comments made at the garden party?  Do you think that maybe Gideon walked in on his mother having an affair with one of his classmates (YUCK!!)?  What are your thoughts?  Everyone?

Hi Gigi

It was the comment to Cary. First of all she told him how handsome he was. Then when they were leaving, she begged Gideon not to leave taking, Cary, as he was the life and sole of the party. Gideon replied, "I thought you would like him, remember he is Eva's friend, which makes him my friend." This comment from Gideon made my flesh crawl. What had she done to Gideons friend/s?

I definitely think that there is more to Lizard. I do hope that she can admit her faults because i think deep down inside Gideon needs  that.

Hiya

The hostility and denial she showed towards Eva, makes me think, it maybe an uphill struggle. She needs physical evidence, not just words. She doesn't believe what she can't see. Poor Gideon didn't stand a chance.

I definitely think that there is more to Lizard. I do hope that she can admit her faults because i think deep down inside Gideon needs  that. 

I hope so too but I think it will take a lot of talking and I don't think she will accept what has happened to Gideon easily

This was a question by someone on Facebook and I thought it was quite relevant

We have no background on Monicas family, I think there are reasons she never shared with Eva for her total lack of explanation, Monica and Eva are almost russian blonde in looks, even Gideon has stated sometimes Eva was like an Ice Princess...I believe that Monica kept her child against her families expectations because she wanted Victors child...but Victor already had plans to be a cop, or was in police academy.....I think Monicas family has ties to Russian Mob...Monica grew up secured with wealth, when she was disowned, she did what she could to secure safety for herself and Eva....stayed clear of Victor even tho she wanted him....she reconized Victor was a GOOD guy, knew she by association could hurt him, took great pains to keep herself clear, then there is always the possibility Monicas family threatened Victor, sooo again Monica established a safety net of wealth for herself and Eva so that she could combat them if they TRIED later to threaten herself, or her daughter. She has married wealthy men, all with protection, and made Evas protection an obession....of course the Nathan thing gave her more cause to become obessed...so she did. But this is just my speculation.

We have no background on Monicas family, I think there are reasons she never shared with Eva for her total lack of explanation, Monica and Eva are almost russian blonde in looks, even Gideon has stated sometimes Eva was like an Ice Princess...I believe that Monica kept her child against her families expectations because she wanted Victors child...but Victor already had plans to be a cop, or was in police academy.....I think Monicas family has ties to Russian Mob...Monica grew up secured with wealth, when she was disowned, she did what she could to secure safety for herself and Eva....stayed clear of Victor even tho she wanted him....she reconized Victor was a GOOD guy, knew she by association could hurt him, took great pains to keep herself clear, then there is always the possibility Monicas family threatened Victor, sooo again Monica established a safety net of wealth for herself and Eva so that she could combat them if they TRIED later to threaten herself, or her daughter. She has married wealthy men, all with protection, and made Evas protection an obession....of course the Nathan thing gave her more cause to become obessed...so she did. But this is just my speculation.

Wow...that's a good theory. Very interesting:) I do hope we learn more about their family.

We have no background on Monicas family, I think there are reasons she never shared with Eva for her total lack of explanation, Monica and Eva are almost russian blonde in looks, even Gideon has stated sometimes Eva was like an Ice Princess...I believe that Monica kept her child against her families expectations because she wanted Victors child...but Victor already had plans to be a cop, or was in police academy.....I think Monicas family has ties to Russian Mob...Monica grew up secured with wealth, when she was disowned, she did what she could to secure safety for herself and Eva....stayed clear of Victor even tho she wanted him....she reconized Victor was a GOOD guy, knew she by association could hurt him, took great pains to keep herself clear, then there is always the possibility Monicas family threatened Victor, sooo again Monica established a safety net of wealth for herself and Eva so that she could combat them if they TRIED later to threaten herself, or her daughter. She has married wealthy men, all with protection, and made Evas protection an obession....of course the Nathan thing gave her more cause to become obessed...so she did. But this is just my speculation.

This theory could be possible. Maybe Monica is protecting Victor.

Chapter seventeen when Eva and Monica met for lunch. She said something along the lines "everything I've done is for love". Maybe she can't be with Victor because she is protecting him. She says its impossible for her to be with him.

Whoa lady.

Loving this theory. You make a good argument for Monica.

This theory could be possible. Maybe Monica is protecting Victor.

Chapter seventeen when Eva and Monica met for lunch. She said something along the lines "everything I've done is for love". Maybe she can't be with Victor because she is protecting him. She says its impossible for her to be with him.

Wow...that's a good theory. Very interesting:) I do hope we learn more about their family.

I thought it was a very plausible theory but I do hope in book 4 we get the answers why as I think if she really loved Victor no money would jepordise that, look at Gideon, he would give up all his money to have Eva

I thought it was a very plausible theory but I do hope in book 4 we get the answers why as I think if she really loved Victor no money would jepordise that, look at Gideon, he would give up all his money to have Eva

I sure hope we do too.

Oh wow now that gives me something to think about.  It is a good way to put together some of the theories that were put forward here.