Afterburn Spoilers (warning spoilers everywhere)

Hi Everybody,

I just finished read Afterburn and really curious for the reason why Jack left Gia but still keep a tab on her?

Is everybody have a theory for this?

I also not surprised when found Vincent has a relationship with Deanna. Maybe Deanna is not so bad like her in Crossfire Series.

First off  .....  the best sentence in this book descripting Jax

...... he was packing heat between those long, strong legs and he knew how to use it.     

Now that is HOT !    You're the best Sylvia  :)

I was surprised when Deanna popped up as a friendly ex of Gia's brother Vincent.  Made me laugh.  And also that Gia wants her to dig up gossip on the Rutledge family.  We know she just the girl to do it too :) 

As usual, I think Jax has skeletons and doesn't want to pull Gia into that part of his life.  But her whole family thinks he loves her and she now agrees after finding both old and new pic of her.

Can't wait for the next part. 

Ugh...can't believe I did this to myself -again! I said i wasn't going to start a series if it wasn't complete ...but Lol.

This was sooo gooood! Didn't want it to end . I love Gia! Shes so strong and determined. Jax, I feel like eventually I will love him too....he's def protective of Gia . Love that he has pics of her at his apartment .

Deanna is in here! Omg! How funny is that ?!

Love Gia's family :) they make me feel so warm and cozy lol...I def understand the family restaurant business , so I really like that .

Confused on a couple of things tho;

Initially ,when Gia ,Lei and the Williams twins in the bar , Gia and leis outfits are described , then later that day when they're back at their office , jax is described as being changed into a suit , but both Gia and leis outfits seem different ( Gia w a navy blouse instead of gold , an lei in back sling backs instead of boots). Idk ...maybe I'm wrong.

I wonder how Jax managed to show up everywhere Gia was. Not gonna lie, kinda hoped she was going to hook up w Chad before they reconnected. I wonder how Atlanta will go.

Anyone else read ?

Maybe we' ll get crossfire news soon!,!

I like Afterburn but the story about second chance is never work for me.

I wonder did Jack do something that he didn't want Gia know? So that's the reason why he left her and because he think she only accept him as a fling.

Aftershock is the last book in this series right? I don't want to wait months for another cliffhanger.

Hi all

I have read this book twice and I think jax is up to something as he takes his father out side thr front door to talk.jax has no rights to tell gia not to fu...k chad he's not with gia I would tell him to go to if that was me jax my well love gia but he shows it the wrong way

And gia family I love them they stick by her which is great I loved the book and ordered the aftershock to ho ha what is deanna doing in it I had enough of that woman in entwined

Hi Everybody,

I just finished read Afterburn and really curious for the reason why Jack left Gia but still keep a tab on her?

Is everybody have a theory for this?

I also not surprised when found Vincent has a relationship with Deanna. Maybe Deanna is not so bad like her in Crossfire Series.

I thought it was strange that Deanna was in this book she does get around or is there going to be a connection.

I thought it was strange about Jax as well keeping tabs on Gia I did think though that this was too short and could have been put in 1 book not two was a bit disappointed in that and did not feel the book was as good as the crossfire books but that maybe is just me 

Hello ladies,

Totally enjoyed Afterburn. Love Gia and her family to bits. And Lei I think there's more to her story with Ian. At the charity in D.C he said something along the lines I don't have a heart because someone broke it. So did Lei cheat on him? Did he branch out on his own because he felt betrayed by Lei and was just getting back at her?

Jax maybe was keeping tabs on Gia because of her safety. He said something about being with Rutledge on the phone when he called Gia after she the penthouse.

Deanna being in this book I like. Maybe it's a sign will say adios to her in the next book.

Now I also love the Olvia Pope line. I know Sylvia is also a fan of Scandal.

All in all I really enjoyed the book.

Hi all

I have read this book twice and I think jax is up to something as he takes his father out side thr front door to talk.jax has no rights to tell gia not to fu...k chad he's not with gia I would tell him to go to ###### if that was me jax my well love gia but he shows it the wrong way

And gia family I love them they stick by her which is great I loved the book and ordered the aftershock to ho ha what is deanna doing in it I had enough of that woman in entwined

First off  .....  the best sentence in this book descripting Jax

...... he was packing heat between those long, strong legs and he knew how to use it.     

Now that is HOT !    You're the best Sylvia   :)

I was surprised when Deanna popped up as a friendly ex of Gia's brother Vincent.  Made me laugh.  And also that Gia wants her to dig up gossip on the Rutledge family.  We know she just the girl to do it too :)

As usual, I think Jax has skeletons and doesn't want to pull Gia into that part of his life.  But her whole family thinks he loves her and she now agrees after finding both old and new pic of her.

Can't wait for the next part. 

Loved that line as well, that was good and yes I think Jax has skeletons but I think his family are hanging something over him to make him do what they want, I don't think he was trying to hide Gia when his father came over I think there is so much sh i t in his father and family that he does not want Gia tainted with them, there is more to Ian and Jax's father though I just feel it.

I thought it was well written for Sylvia but I am not grasping at my pc saying I want more give me now like I do with crossfire.

I still think it strange that Deanna is in there as well though

Hello ladies,

Totally enjoyed Afterburn. Love Gia and her family to bits. And Lei I think there's more to her story with Ian. At the charity in D.C he said something along the lines I don't have a heart because someone broke it. So did Lei cheat on him? Did he branch out on his own because he felt betrayed by Lei and was just getting back at her?

Jax maybe was keeping tabs on Gia because of her safety. He said something about being with Rutledge on the phone when he called Gia after she the penthouse.

Deanna being in this book I like. Maybe it's a sign will say adios to her in the next book.

Hey Bookworm,

what is the Oliva Pope line, I don't get Scandal over here, annoyingly so.

Don't get me wrong I did like the book but I think it could all be in 1 book, I just feel the second book maybe a bit rushed to get everything in that is being hidden in the first book.

I agree I think there is more to Lei and Ian's split up but at the moment I am not liking Ian but I was also wondering when reading the book if maybe Ian is doing all that he is doing to try and get Lei back, you know make her work with him, fight with him for what she wants show some emotion to him that she still cares, I don't know maybe I am a bit crazy but I think Lei still loves or cares for Ian and he does her but by doing what he is doing he is trying to get her attention.  Only November will tell.

I love Gia she is so strong and I love the way she is, she does love Jax but like Gideon and a lot of SD characters he has to let her in before she will trust him fully.  Jax I think is trying to keep her away from his family not because he is ashamed of her but maybe because he is ashamed of his family and like I said before maybe they have something they are holding over him to make him do what they want.

Just my thoughts ladies :)

Hey Bookworm,

what is the Oliva Pope line, I don't get Scandal over here, annoyingly so.

Don't get me wrong I did like the book but I think it could all be in 1 book, I just feel the second book maybe a bit rushed to get everything in that is being hidden in the first book.

I agree I think there is more to Lei and Ian's split up but at the moment I am not liking Ian but I was also wondering when reading the book if maybe Ian is doing all that he is doing to try and get Lei back, you know make her work with him, fight with him for what she wants show some emotion to him that she still cares, I don't know maybe I am a bit crazy but I think Lei still loves or cares for Ian and he does her but by doing what he is doing he is trying to get her attention. Only November will tell.

I love Gia she is so strong and I love the way she is, she does love Jax but like Gideon and a lot of SD characters he has to let her in before she will trust him fully. Jax I think is trying to keep her away from his family not because he is ashamed of her but maybe because he is ashamed of his family and like I said before maybe they have something they are holding over him to make him do what they want.

Just my thoughts ladies :)

When Gia says " When Jackson's not gambling with millions, he's cleaning up after family members a la Olivia Pope."

I think you are right. Ian still loves Lei and she him. November still far out. I really gotta stop reading unfinished series. Maybe Sylvia will start giving tidbits from CBY. A girl can hope.

Another thing that seems strange, Allison Kelsey the wife of Jax's cousin. What's with her? Did she bang or wanted to bang Jax? What she said to Gia was so not cool. She is such a b@$ch

When Gia says " When Jackson's not gambling with millions, he's cleaning up after family members a la Olivia Pope."

I think you are right. Ian still loves Lei and she him. November still far out. I really gotta stop reading unfinished series. Maybe Sylvia will start giving tidbits from CBY. A girl can hope.

Another thing that seems strange, Allison Kelsey the wife of Jax's cousin. What's with her? Did she bang or wanted to bang Jax? What she said to Gia was so not cool. She is such a b@$ch

I think we are all hoping that now that Afterburn has come out she may start with the snippets for CBY we need something now.

I wondered about her as well but what about Jax reply about her, he doesn't seem to like her that much, and what a strange marriage, they obviously are one of those couples who stay married for the press etc.  I think she has secretly wanted Jax but he was not interested in her and that has her back up

Hey ladies

From what I have read in reviews the intention was for these to be short and really make up one final book when put together.

I liked the story, loved how feisty Gia was.

I think in the past Jax also loved Gia but didn't fully realise she felt the same (hence the photos). He broke up with her to both protect himself from heartbreak and her from the secrets of his family. He is scared if he is in love the same fate that happened to his mother who married his dad for love would happen to them or her?

Just my thoughts, am probably completely wrong :)

Hey ladies

From what I have read in reviews the intention was for these to be short and really make up one final book when put together.

I think in the past Jax also loved Gia but didn't fully realise she felt the same (hence the photos). He broke up with her to both protect himself from heartbreak and her from the secrets of his family. He is scared if he is in love the same fate that happened to his mother who married his dad for love would happen to them or her?

I think you are right about Jax but there is something or someone holding him back so it will be interesting to see how that unfolds

:P

I think you are right about Jax but there is something or someone holding him back so it will be interesting to see how that unfolds

Yes, I am wondering who else is in the background. Sylvia is good at adding these mysterious people and situations.

Looking forward to finding out more :)

I think he is trying to protect Gia from his family. Remember at the beginning he told her that he tried to walk away from her, but it didn't stick. I think he loves her and he thought he was doing the right thing by leaving her. Ugh, i am so mad at myself that i have to wait for another book! I should have waited, but i am obsessed with Sylvia's books :)

I'm thinking that Allison is Gia's Anne !  but not a Corrine since don't think she had a relationship with Jax !  LOL 

I love all of the Rossi brothers, maybe we will get stories about them in the future (like SD's Georgian series) and with the setting being in NYC it's possible that we might see some our old friends(?) from Crossfire.  She had a Gideon cameo appear in one of her other short stories about a diamond robbery - Blood & Roses.  

This is a great story line and it will interesing to see where it goes next.  In the meantime bring on the new Crossfire snippets and snapshorts :)

Hello ladies,

Yes! That 'broken heart' comment def means something! Maybe she tried to sabotage Ian first, he finds out, and pulls the rug out from under her!  I wonder what the comment about Jax dad's new wife being intimate w/ Ian means....gag...

Yes, I wonder if we see Deanna before or after her night w/ Gideon in this book...Maybe she really is nice after all...I do hope she's nice in CBY and really is trying to help Gideon out /w the stupid sex tape. I wondered if Sylvia was going to entwine Crossfire and Afterburn/shock! lol

Hey ladies

Right, maybe he realized how much he was falling for her back then, and hoped to get out of it before she fell for him and broke her heart. What was it he said, " I didn't know you were in love w me"...something like that?

I'm not liking his dad...Skeevy

I think he is trying to protect Gia from his family. Remember at the beginning he told her that he tried to walk away from her, but it didn't stick. I think he loves her and he thought he was doing the right thing by leaving her. Ugh, i am so mad at myself that i have to wait for another book! I should have waited, but i am obsessed with Sylvia's books :)

I agree! He said something like 'Don't make me turn you into one of them!'...I think that says a lot. I wonder how much he's told Ian and his father about her though, since they know of her.

I'm thinking that Allison is Gia's Anne !  but not a Corrine since don't think she had a relationship with Jax !  LOL 

I love all of the Rossi brothers, maybe we will get stories about them in the future (like SD's Georgian series) and with the setting being in NYC it's possible that we might see some our old friends(?) from Crossfire.  She had a Gideon cameo appear in one of her other short stories about a diamond robbery - Blood & Roses.  

This is a great story line and it will interesing to see where it goes next.  In the meantime bring on the new Crossfire snippets and snapshorts :)

Ugh...I hope there's no lady drama..Gia's gotta get some answers tho!

Love the Rossi brothers! I hope they get their own stories too...or maybe one nice big book w/ three stories of them :)  I wonder what they were thinking when they were playing basketball lol

Anyone else think Jax will be following Gia to Atlanta?

I could totally see Savor and Cross Industries joining together for some kind of business/ restaurant  combo. Gideon does have his hand I a lot of businesses ..lol..Maybe Gia and Eva become BFFS! Ha! Now I'm really being silly. :)

I didn't know Gideon was in another book! Gotta read it!

Yes! That 'broken heart' comment def means something! Maybe she tried to sabotage Ian first, he finds out, and pulls the rug out from under her! I wonder what the comment about Jax dad's new wife being intimate w/ Ian means....gag...

Yes, I wonder if we see Deanna before or after her night w/ Gideon in this book...Maybe she really is nice after all...I do hope she's nice in CBY and really is trying to help Gideon out /w the stupid sex tape. I wondered if Sylvia was going to entwine Crossfire and Afterburn/shock! lol

Right, maybe he realized how much he was falling for her back then, and hoped to get out of it before she fell for him and broke her heart. What was it he said, " I didn't know you were in love w me"...something like that?

I'm not liking his dad...Skeevy

I agree! He said something like 'Don't make me turn you into one of them!'...I think that says a lot. I wonder how much he's told Ian and his father about her though, since they know of her.

Ugh...I hope there's no lady drama..Gia's gotta get some answers tho!

Love the Rossi brothers! I hope they get their own stories too...or maybe one nice big book w/ three stories of them :) I wonder what they were thinking when they were playing basketball lol

Anyone else think Jax will be following Gia to Atlanta?

I could totally see Savor and Cross Industries joining together for some kind of business/ restaurant combo. Gideon does have his hand I a lot of businesses ..lol..Maybe Gia and Eva become BFFS! Ha! Now I'm really being silly. :)

I didn't know Gideon was in another book! Gotta read it!

Ya you on to something. Maybe he stopped seeing Gia before she could fall in love with him. Only he it was too late.

Well, I am happy I am not the only one who thought Deanna's appearance was interesting.  Shocked me.  I do not think this is half a book.  Maybe a third of a book.  Just too short.  Annoying.

I am loving Gia a lot.  She is smart, motivated, and normal with a normal family.  Jax, on the other hand, is not nice.  Something pretty bad is brewing with him and his family.  I think he does care about Gia and maybe that is why he walked away from her.  Maybe he was protecting her from the nasty folks in his family.  But he isn't walking away from them.  Not crazy for him.

So, I am thinking that since these books and Crossfire take place in NY, maybe these characters will intertwine in the TV series?  Sylvia has to wind up some of the crap with Corinne and Anne and all those guys.  This crew brings a whole new world of intrigue. And maybe she split the book in 2 on purpose to keep conversation going.  I predict that CBY comes out right before or after Aftershock.  We will know a lot more about Deanna since I think she will be in both.

So Gideon is in another book?  How much?  Trying to decide if it is worth it to buy the book if he is just mentioned.

Sylvia is something.

Well, I am happy I am not the only one who thought Deanna's appearance was interesting.  Shocked me.  I do not think this is half a book.  Maybe a third of a book.  Just too short.  Annoying.

I am loving Gia a lot.  She is smart, motivated, and normal with a normal family.  Jax, on the other hand, is not nice.  Something pretty bad is brewing with him and his family.  I think he does care about Gia and maybe that is why he walked away from her.  Maybe he was protecting her from the nasty folks in his family.  But he isn't walking away from them.  Not crazy for him.

So, I am thinking that since these books and Crossfire take place in NY, maybe these characters will intertwine in the TV series?  Sylvia has to wind up some of the crap with Corinne and Anne and all those guys.  This crew brings a whole new world of intrigue. And maybe she split the book in 2 on purpose to keep conversation going.  I predict that CBY comes out right before or after Aftershock.  We will know a lot more about Deanna since I think she will be in both.

So Gideon is in another book?  How much?  Trying to decide if it is worth it to buy the book if he is just mentioned.

Sylvia is something.

Gideon's cameo is just that,  he is only mentioned 2x and there is no dialogue.   The story I mentioned is just a short story.

Hi Everybody,

I like for all of your thought about connection between Afterburn and Crossfire. Maybe characters in Crossfire will be cameo in Afterburn and instead. So I didn't surprised when found out Deanna in Afterburn because I know Slyvia sometimes connected her characters from one book to another. I hope Jax and Gia will get their happily ever after.

Afterburn story is interesting but honestly it didn't captured my mind like Crossfire.

I can say Crossfire is Slyvia's masterpiece so far. Just my opinion.

Hi everyone

I was just reading the afterburn for the third time and I came across this passage I spent a night with your family you owe me a night

With mine.then do I get to disappear ,never to be seen again? I really wanted to .cinerella at the ball had turned into a unsuitable girl once more.his chest brushed against my breast as he urged me closer that the plan. I think jax family are trying to get of gia so lei firm go down the loo jax,s family are playing dirty jax knows how to play a woman alright get them into bed have his wicked way and stab them in the back he is not very nice at all I hope she digs dirt up on him you can use woman like that I would of given him more than a slap across the face for pulling that trick what does anyone else think

I'd like a whole chapter dedicated to Jax explaining what the heck is going on w/ him, his family and Pembrey. Why was Jax sent to Yeung? Or was he sent for Gia so that she'd get messed up about it, and then that would mess w/ Yeung? I re-read it again last night. I'm really enjoying this book. Seriously, all of Sylvia's books!

I do really like Gia though. Maybe Jax will show up in Atlanta...maybe Gia and Chad are partying at a club at the hotel...lol..then Jax shows up ( B/c he always seems to know where she is!) and things go down!

Heehe...just my imagination. :)

I really don't know why I read it..<<Sigh>> Til November.