Afterburn Spoilers (warning spoilers everywhere)

I'd like a whole chapter dedicated to Jax explaining what the heck is going on w/ him, his family and Pembrey. Why was Jax sent to Yeung? Or was he sent for Gia so that she'd get messed up about it, and then that would mess w/ Yeung? I re-read it again last night. I'm really enjoying this book. Seriously, all of Sylvia's books!

I do really like Gia though. Maybe Jax will show up in Atlanta...maybe Gia and Chad are partying at a club at the hotel...lol..then Jax shows up ( B/c he always seems to know where she is!) and things go down!

Heehe...just my imagination. :)

I really don't know why I read it..<<Sigh>> Til November.

Oh definitely follow her to ATL  !!   

Sounds like we have another 'phone GPS' stalker to me too :)

Hey Hey Hey Ladies and Gents

I did read Afterburn but I was on Vaca so I didnt stop in.. With that being said I'm here now... Love this book..!!!!!

Does anyone NOT trust any of these ppl.? I can't shake the feeling Jax didnt expect to fall in love with Gia, and before he realized it, it was already setup to get Gia and Lei together to try and franchises the Rossi family business. Something fishy going on. He keeps saying "that's what we do screw ppl over" hmmm

If Ms Denna can find dirt ob Gideon she better get much more on Jax..!!!

Hey Hey Hey Ladies and Gents

I did read Afterburn but I was on Vaca so I didnt stop in.. With that being said I'm here now... Love this book..!!!!!

Does anyone NOT trust any of these ppl.? I can't shake the feeling Jax didnt expect to fall in love with Gia, and before he realized it, it was already setup to get Gia and Lei together to try and franchises the Rossi family business. Something fishy going on. He keeps saying "that's what we do screw ppl over" hmmm

If Ms Denna can find dirt ob Gideon she better get much more on Jax..!!!

Hi Mrs C, Welcome back

There is something serious going on with Jax I am sure of it and I think it has to do with his family especially his father but Ian feels a bit slimy to me like he is holding something over Jax dad, I don't know just a gut feeling.  I think Jax does not like how his family is and tried to distance himself but keeps getting dragged back in but there is definitely something there that he does not want Gia involved in, I find him a bit like Gideon in that he wants to keep Gia separate from his family and to keep her safe but he is also hiding lots of secrets.

I think Ian secretly wants Lei back and he is trying to do thing to make her need him, he to me sounds a bit possessive

I just hope the next book is a bit longer so we can get to the bottom of it without it being rushed.

Hi Mrs C, Welcome back

There is something serious going on with Jax I am sure of it and I think it has to do with his family especially his father but Ian feels a bit slimy to me like he is holding something over Jax dad, I don't know just a gut feeling.  I think Jax does not like how his family is and tried to distance himself but keeps getting dragged back in but there is definitely something there that he does not want Gia involved in, I find him a bit like Gideon in that he wants to keep Gia separate from his family and to keep her safe but he is also hiding lots of secrets.

I think Ian secretly wants Lei back and he is trying to do thing to make her need him, he to me sounds a bit possessive

I just hope the next book is a bit longer so we can get to the bottom of it without it being rushed.

Hi all

I get the same feeling about jax he is keeping stuff from gia and I don,t like jax dad he is strange can,t wait for the other books

I

• 1 month later...

I agree with you girls about that Jax wanted to save her from becomming like his family, rich, gready and manipulative. But I also thinkthey don´t think she is good enough for him. She only comes from a normal family. She would be considered a gold digger and also, they don´t think it´s wise to marry out of love. So I think Jax was trying to save her from beeing a victim of his family of sharks and get her out before she would fall in love. On the other hand, he can not get her out of his system so he took the change to get into her life again (his father using him to get to her ofcourse).
I also think his father is "friendly" to Gia now because he wants to use her against her boss.
Anybody with me on this?

Hi Krisol! Welcome! Yay! Someone new to share thoughts w/ :)

You're right, they probably don't think Gia is good for him. I wonder how Jax' dad knew about Gia from when they were dating. Maybe he asked Jax why he was going to Vegas so much during that time.

I wonder if they're going to go to the family dinner at the Hampton house.

I still don't understand what politics and food have to do w/ one onther here. the only connection seems to be Ruteleges wife and Pembery...

Well, that little snippet shows that Jax did follow her to Atlanta! I want to know how he's doing it! Lol..

Can't wait for the completion of this. And hopefully a spinoff book for Gia's brothers...they're awesome too!

More snippets please! Oh...and for CBY too ;)

Hi All,

I really tried to like this book. I've read it twice thus far but I still end up feeling underwhelmed. Maybe I'm missing something. Was there a book before Afterburn?

I got the "first novel" impression from this book. There were just too many loose ends and I feel like too much was "smushed" together without actually being detailed or explored properly. I read this after reading the Crossfire series (about 4 times for each book) so maybe I was just expecting more. It feels like this book was put out in a rush.

Hi All,

I really tried to like this book. I've read it twice thus far but I still end up feeling underwhelmed. Maybe I'm missing something. Was there a book before Afterburn?

I got the "first novel" impression from this book. There were just too many loose ends and I feel like too much was "smushed" together without actually being detailed or explored properly. I read this after reading the Crossfire series (about 4 times for each book) so maybe I was just expecting more. It feels like this book was put out in a rush.

Hi GoshDarnit...this is part one, part two Aftershock comes out in Nov.  I think Sylvia said it's going to be the same length.