SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

I don't think Gideon was submissive. I think that is why he turned them on their sides so they would be equals. He was submissive in the abuse but not with Eva.

She tried once in the bathtub but he didn't let her..! And although they were equal on their sides he still gave into her..!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Gideon was submissive.   I think that is why he turned them on their sides so they would be equals.  He was submissive in the abuse but not with Eva.

Hi Sharonm745,

That's a good point.  I never thought about Gideon turning them on their sides as a form of equalizing the situation.  I initially thought that he turned Eva just in case she lost her balance or lost herself in the moment.  Good point! 

Hi Julie, 

If Anne Lucas and her brother were the two individuals caring for Gideon that is beyond disgusting!  It means that Anne would have known Gideon as a child, would have heard from her husband about Gideon's claims of rape against her brother and that her husband would have covered the entire situation up.  How on earth could Anne then have decided to sleep with Gideon already knowing all of this?  It is beyond horrifying! 

It will be so interesting to see how much Anne knew and exactly what she knew in the next book.  I hope we get answers to those questions for sure!

I don't believe that Anne was the psyc.  Wouldn't Gideon know her?  He said he ignored her advances until he found out she was Lucas' wife.  He was only going to be with her one time but continued because it hurt Dr. Terry.  It seems to me if he knew Anne was his doctor he would have reenacted one of his dreams for her. 

She tried once in the bathtub but he didn't let her..! And although they were equal on their sides he still gave into her..!

I agree I just don't think Gideon was submissive.  I think they were equals and Gideon was accepting Eva's help to continue healing his past.

Do you know, the day Eva is sick, poor Gideon will be beside himself. Before she started her period in Reflected, after the Corinne nooner stunt, and when Victor found out about her abuse. Eva was upset, each time his response is, are you sick. He is worried about her well being to the point of being paranoid. He will never make old bones if he doesn't relax a little. I know he worries constantly, because she is his safe place.

Wait until she's pregnant....Gideon is going to be way overwhelming then:)

Did ev1 listen the interview Sylvia posted yesterday when she she said the next 2 books will resolve Gideon's issues?

This book answered alot of the outstanding questions but as discussed here there are still some things to resolve and Eva is determined to get EV to believe G.  

As for Corrine''s baby, she was drinking and partying from the moment she returned to NY so either she didn't know or she didn't care or maybe even didn't want the baby.  When G states that he wanted to believe she didn't know, makes you wonder if they had discussed childern in the past and she wanted lots.   

I don't believe that Anne was the psyc.  Wouldn't Gideon know her?  He said he ignored her advances until he found out she was Lucas' wife.  He was only going to be with her one time but continued because it hurt Dr. Terry.  It seems to me if he knew Anne was his doctor he would have reenacted one of his dreams for her. 

If Anne Lucas was the psychiatrist hired to treat him as a 10-11 year old boy, but who ended up barely working with him at all because she instead focused all her attention on Elizabeth, it would make sense why he wouldn't recognize her 18-19 years later. Poor Gideon got left alone with Hugh the Pedophile a lot, so it's obvious whoever the female shrink had been all those years ago, that shrink barely worked with the poor child.

Fast forward to the present .... with all the women constantly throwing themselves at him, the poor guy would be hard pressed to keep track of all the faces. Anne was simply another one of the women in line and he wasn't going to give her the time of day .... until he somehow found out whose wife she was. Then things got interesting.

I think it is a stretch that Anne was the psychiatrist all those years ago the Vidals hired ... but I think the possibility exists. I'm almost certain she had been the one feeding Corrine meds though .... calculatedly setting out to make Corrine suicidal. Revenge against Gideon on so many levels -- fooled into the belief Gideon had always been in love with Corrine, destroying his shot at happily ever after .... getting even with him for her own brother's suicide .... knowing that he harbors deep survivor guilt stemming from the suicide of his own father under especially traumatic circumstances.

I agree I just don't think Gideon was submissive.  I think they were equals and Gideon was accepting Eva's help to continue healing his past.

Yup that too..!! I still think its the best S E X scene in the book tho..! :)

It also reminded me of when she asked Gideon to do the same to her, to heal her, in the library. She was, I think doing the same to him, in the plane. Then he cried. So sad.

I totally agree such a healing moment.  And HOT...!!!

If Anne Lucas was the psychiatrist hired to treat him as a 10-11 year old boy, but who ended up barely working with him at all because she instead focused all her attention on Elizabeth, it would make sense why he wouldn't recognize her 18-19 years later. Poor Gideon got left alone with Hugh the Pedophile a lot, so it's obvious whoever the female shrink had been all those years ago, that shrink barely worked with the poor child.

Fast forward to the present .... with all the women constantly throwing themselves at him, the poor guy would be hard pressed to keep track of all the faces. Anne was simply another one of the women in line and he wasn't going to give her the time of day .... until he somehow found out whose wife she was. Then things got interesting.

I think it is a stretch that Anne was the psychiatrist all those years ago the Vidals hired ... but I think the possibility exists. I'm almost certain she had been the one feeding Corrine meds though .... calculatedly setting out to make Corrine suicidal. Revenge against Gideon on so many levels -- fooled into the belief Gideon had always been in love with Corrine, destroying his shot at happily ever after .... getting even with him for her own brother's suicide .... knowing that he harbors deep survivor guilt stemming from the suicide of his own father under especially traumatic circumstances.

I'm 99% sure I'm right on this one. When I said it ths morning, I did think it was a dark place to go. But I'm sticking by my posting on ths one. 1 crow pie please!

Like Eva, I hate the character Corrine for what she did .... and I'm convinced Dr. Anne Lucas is an evil person who deliberately deepened suicidal tendencies already present in Corrine .....

..... Gideon is very much in the wrong here, too. A theory I'd had months ago did, in fact, play itself out: Gideon very calculatedly sent Corrine mixed messages to make Corrine believe they were more than friends. Gideon still doesn't get the concept of what lying by omission actually is. He did lie to Corrine ... because actions speak louder than words, and his actions told Corrine they were a couple again. I just knew it -- I knew he had to have been doing it. Far too much was riding on things to leave it to chance. If the cops charged him, the danger existed they would charge Eva with being involved as well. Doesn't matter that Eva was 100% innocent. Some cop or prosecutor could try to argue otherwise. Everything depended upon the lie Gideon was living .... so he lied to Corrine.

Lied to a woman he already knew was in crisis -- she was in crisis even before she stepped foot back in New York.

Ln I don't think Anne was the psych with Elizabeth.! As I don't think Gideon would have forgotten her name.! He said he didn't understand until he met Eva, Dr Lucas loved his wife and wanted to spare her the embarrassment, so I don't think Anne knows what her brother did as her husband covered it up for him, why would she risk the chance and sleep with a man her little brother was accused of raping.!!? The question is who is the second doctor that looked at Gideon.!?

Hi Sharonm745, 

Good point again!  I find it hard to believe that Gideon could sleep with Anne knowing that she was psychiatrist treating his mother, all the while her brother was raping him.  Revenge or not, I don't think that Gideon would do that to himself.  What does everyone think?

I'm 99% sure I'm right on this one. When I said it ths morning, I did think it was a dark place to go. But I'm sticking by my posting on ths one. 1 crow pie please!

Is crow pie the dinner special tonight at Tableau One? In that case, I'll order it. I'm still eating crow about some of my pet Entwined theories.