The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

Hi sheens

Just finished. Absolutely awesome.

The pictures made sense to me. We can chat about it on Friday. Doing very happy dance here. :D

I thought you would like it, I still think some of the countdown photo's though didn't relate but then I could just be dense there and not getting the clue in my face LOL :)

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok SD just posted this on FB:

Okay, so there are lots of questions about the next book! That's wonderful and I'm thrilled that so many of you are looking forward to it. I'm so grateful for you all. I feel really blessed.

My original contract with Penguin/Berkley was for three books. That's a pretty typical contract. In my ten years of writing/publishing, I've done contracts for one, two, and three books at a time, but never for more than three. Publishers don't want to invest too much at one time and authors don't want to get tied down too long, just in case things don't work out well and they decide to move on.

Usually the publisher and author will negotiate for new books as soon as the last book in the contract is turned in so that pre-orders can go up and things can keep rolling forward. That didn't happen with Crossfire.That's why you don't see pre-orders up for Books 4 and 5.

The delay was due, in part, to how contentious things got when the release date of Entwined with You was moved to June, something I didn't want and fought strenuously. It was a horrible decision made by the publisher and we all can see the effects of that now. A lot of readers assumed the date move was my decision and it absolutely was not. I hated it and knew it was going to set the wrong tone for readers. (I also have no say in pricing, although I argue all the time for a lower price point for digital - I'm a digital reader, too. I understand.)

I'm now, at this late date, working on finalizing the publication of Books 4 and 5. Does that mean the books are ages away? No. Everyone wants to wrap up the series (including me!) as soon as possible and I expect we'll have a firm date for the publication that I can share within the next two weeks or so. It's not going to be a year away!! I write must faster than that and I've got a head start. Again, I don't control release dates, but I know what I *won't* be seeing happening again. I don't want to keep you waiting. I never wanted to keep you waiting.

I know some readers have decided that Crossfire was extended for monetary reasons, but I can say in all honesty, I would make the same amount of money for a new series and likely MORE, so I assure you, money is not motivating how the series is being handled moving forward. My primary goal is keeping your trust, delivering books to you in a timely manner, and making sure Gideon and Eva have the happy ending they deserve.

Thanks for bearing with me while I address the deficits in the handling of the first three novels and thank you so much for all the wonderful emails, posts, and tweets about Entwined with You. I love the book and I'm so happy that so many of you did, too!

Also, if you have title suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

THANK YOU!

Okay, so there are lots of questions about the next book! That's wonderful and I'm thrilled that so many of you are looking forward to it. I'm so grateful for you all. I feel really blessed.

My original contract with Penguin/Berkley was for three books. That's a pretty typical contract. In my ten years of writing/publishing, I've done contracts for one, two, and three books at a time, but never for more than three. Publishers don't want to invest too much at one time and authors don't want to get tied down too long, just in case things don't work out well and they decide to move on.

Usually the publisher and author will negotiate for new books as soon as the last book in the contract is turned in so that pre-orders can go up and things can keep rolling forward. That didn't happen with Crossfire.That's why you don't see pre-orders up for Books 4 and 5.

The delay was due, in part, to how contentious things got when the release date of Entwined with You was moved to June, something I didn't want and fought strenuously. It was a horrible decision made by the publisher and we all can see the effects of that now. A lot of readers assumed the date move was my decision and it absolutely was not. I hated it and knew it was going to set the wrong tone for readers. (I also have no say in pricing, although I argue all the time for a lower price point for digital - I'm a digital reader, too. I understand.)

I'm now, at this late date, working on finalizing the publication of Books 4 and 5. Does that mean the books are ages away? No. Everyone wants to wrap up the series (including me!) as soon as possible and I expect we'll have a firm date for the publication that I can share within the next two weeks or so. It's not going to be a year away!! I write must faster than that and I've got a head start. Again, I don't control release dates, but I know what I *won't* be seeing happening again. I don't want to keep you waiting. I never wanted to keep you waiting.

I know some readers have decided that Crossfire was extended for monetary reasons, but I can say in all honesty, I would make the same amount of money for a new series and likely MORE, so I assure you, money is not motivating how the series is being handled moving forward. My primary goal is keeping your trust, delivering books to you in a timely manner, and making sure Gideon and Eva have the happy ending they deserve.

Thanks for bearing with me while I address the deficits in the handling of the first three novels and thank you so much for all the wonderful emails, posts, and tweets about Entwined with You. I love the book and I'm so happy that so many of you did, too!

THANK YOU!

Thanks Kirsten :)

THANK YOU!

Great minds think alike, Kirsten -- I posted the same thing over on the book four thread. Well worth mentioning repeatedly, though -- Penguin, are you reading this site? You need to be very, very, VERY nice to Sylvia.

Great minds think alike, Kirsten -- I posted the same thing over on the book four thread. Well worth mentioning repeatedly, though -- Penguin, are you reading this site? You need to be very, very, VERY nice to Sylvia.

Thanks ladies for doing this. Be good if she visited the pages for title ideas.

Like the bit about very nice to Sylvia. We told them the same in our emails on Saturday. Hope the take note!

:) LN.  This just made me wonder even more if Sylvia is staying with Penguin. I have known since January that she was not happy with what was going on she is very fan friendly and super approachable, so Penguin messing with the release date was something that I was sure had to weigh on her.

cavilla-body-54601501.jpg

girlfriend-1759363431.jpg

henry-cavill-comic-con-convention-day-14

Okay do I have your attention now. :)I emailed Sylvia last night really just to encourage her with all of these baseless awful reviews, and to ask her a few questions. When she gets back from Australia she said she would pop on the board here to answer any questions we might have. I think that we should do a thread marked "Questions for Sylvia Regarding The Crossfire Series," and just put all of our unanswered questions in there. This way she can see them and then respond to whatever is not a spoiler. What does everyone think?

Okay do I have your attention now. :)I emailed Sylvia last night really just to encourage her with all of these baseless awful reviews, and to ask her a few questions. When she gets back from Australia she said she would pop on the board here to answer any questions we might have. I think that we should do a thread marked "Questions for Sylvia Regarding The Crossfire Series," and just put all of our unanswered questions in there. This way she can see them and then respond to whatever is not a spoiler. What does everyone think?

I'll read your post when I'm done drooling...  Sigh  :)

Okay do I have your attention now. :)I emailed Sylvia last night really just to encourage her with all of these baseless awful reviews, and to ask her a few questions. When she gets back from Australia she said she would pop on the board here to answer any questions we might have. I think that we should do a thread marked "Questions for Sylvia Regarding The Crossfire Series," and just put all of our unanswered questions in there. This way she can see them and then respond to whatever is not a spoiler. What does everyone think?

You have my undivided attention Kirsten, as usual. :)

Love the idea. I'm going back to................... ;)

THANK YOU!

Thank YOU, Sylvia,    :D

for the magic in your books always makes our lives a little better!!!

Good evening from Italy!!!

weeell ladies, I've been jinxed and I won't recover too soon.

wow.....just......wow.

I'm really looking forward to next Friday. LOL

Great idea!!!!!

:D

PS: You do have my attention, but right now my eyes are lost in Gedeon/Henry's blue eyes!!!

THANK YOU!

Hi Kirsten, 

I just called Penguin Publishers in Canada to complain about the early release dates from some of the retailers.  The representative from Penguin said that this was the first that she had heard of this problem.  I find that incredibly difficult to believe.  I also mentioned to her about the Sylvia Day Community site and I could have sworn that I heard crickets on the other side of the line.  The lady had no idea what I was talking about. 

If there are emails being sent, I don't think that those emails are going to the right places.  So with that in mind I looked up the Penguin Publishers numbers and if anyone would like they can call one of the 800 numbers in either Canada or the US.  For all the other ladies in Europe, Penguin Publishers can be found in their local phone directories (If someone needs help, just let me know and I will figure out a way to get the number for you).  Here are the numbers: 

1.  Penguin Publishers Canada

(800)399-6858

2.  Penguin Publishers USA

(800)526-0275

Again, if anyone has a problem with either of these numbers, just shoot me off an email and let me know what city and province/state that you live in and I will get you the numbers.  I hope this helps.

Just finished my second reread....

There are so many things that I'd like to discuss with you in two days time

Can't wait!!

Okay do I have your attention now. :)I emailed Sylvia last night really just to encourage her with all of these baseless awful reviews, and to ask her a few questions. When she gets back from Australia she said she would pop on the board here to answer any questions we might have. I think that we should do a thread marked "Questions for Sylvia Regarding The Crossfire Series," and just put all of our unanswered questions in there. This way she can see them and then respond to whatever is not a spoiler. What does everyone think?

YOU DEFINITELY HAVE MY ATTENTION!! Took me a minute to actually read the post because I was drooling over Henry.But I finally got my mind out the gutter and read on and I think your idea for a questions to Sylvia thread is brilliant.

Hi Kirsten,

I don't know if Sylvia will have spoilers yet.  She is in the middle of writing her next book and it hasn't been approved by the editors yet either, so how can she spoil something that isn't concreate?  Do you know what I mean?

I think that your questions and everyone else's will be straight up fair game until the next book is sent to the presses.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Sorry Kirsten I was too distracted hahaha

I think it's a great idea that way she won't have to spend days navigating through our conversations!

I've only read it once but once the actual book is delivered... Darn donkey... Then I'll re read it then!

That donkey hasn't turned up yet.

Da m n e d if he's getting a carrot!

That donkey hasn't turned up yet.

Da m n e d if he's getting a carrot!

You are too hillarious!  Which village do you live in?  London?  Essex?    Just remember to be nice to the donkey; he will be the one delivering the next book and the book after that....provided he survives all the excess weight from all the book deliveries he has had to make.