The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

I find it interesting.  I find it so much more difficult to read off of a computer screen for an extended period of time.  I also find that I get tired far more easily.  I don't know if there is something to it, but maybe I like having a book near me so just in case I fall asleep then I can still absorb the written material by osmosis....ok, now I am kidding. 

I HATE reading a book on my computer. Sometimes it is necessary for me, but I normally avoid it if at all possible. I love my kindle now, but even that took time to get used to. I still love the feel of a paperback in my hands.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey GiGi, how have you been? I do know what you mean. ;)  LOL.  I'm wondering who will be publishing the next two. I am actually hoping she goes back to self publishing. :)

Hi Kirsten, 

It has been a very long May and I am now looking forward to June.  Thank you for asking.  I actually am looking forward to hearing Sylvia's thoughts and ideas (if she would like to share...) if she happens to join in with us, but I guess only time will tell.  I think that we are all in limbo until then.

When I spoke with rep from Penguin Publishers, it was like they were lost in space.  They had no idea about Sylvia's website or about the fact that several retailers had released the book early.  I find it very hard to believe that whomever was filling that position and speaking with me, would have no idea about who the author is and what she is all about.  Isn't that supposed to be part of their job description?  I don't know how many best selling books come out on the same day so I just found the entire interaction odd...

I HATE reading a book on my computer. Sometimes it is necessary for me, but I normally avoid it if at all possible. I love my kindle now, but even that took time to get used to. I still love the feel of a paperback in my hands.

I find that if I read from a computer for long enough, I can get headaches or sometimes feel  nauseous.  I think it is precursor for migranes.  Well that's ok, I enjoy a good book. 

I just checked out that thread on SD FB that you had posted before...there's over 1,000 replies! Here are a couple of her responses. I don't think they are spoilery":

Sylvia Day There's definitely not as much angst in Entwined, because Gideon and Eva are no longer fighting against each other, they're fighting against the world together. We're also seeing Eva addressing the last of her outstanding issues, so that she can move on to helping Gideon deal with his. That's why three books weren't enough. I was facing a choice between shortchanging Gideon or leaving threads of Eva hanging and I didn't want to do either. Also, above any of the other Crossfire books, in this book we have some real sexual healing. They tackle some pretty important things in that area, for both of them. BUT... that's just my thoughts and everyone is certainly entitled to theirs! I don't begrudge anyone who's read the book and has an unfavorable opinion of it. We're all entitled to love or hate a book in our way. As for the next two books, Gideon has so much work to do. He's got to work out his family issues, that's huge. If he doesn't stop that hurt from festering, he'll never be whole. He has to find a way to live with Eva that doesn't put her at risk, because his atypical parasomnia isn't going to be cured overnight. He's got to learn to open up more, spend time with Eva in a group setting where he doesn't need her plastered to his side, he needs to adjust to being with a woman who's so social and loves hanging out with friends, and they need to figure out how to reconcile her desire to work independently of Cross Industries. There's so much work they have to do as a couple before they can have a solid happily ever after.

And:

Sylvia Day My explanation, for what it's worth: We were still wrapping up Eva's lingering issues, which took us through half the book. That left me with half a book (out of three) to address Gideon's and his are going to be a struggle to get through. He's got a long way to go. Just his family situation alone is tough. I couldn't shortchange him by giving him so few pages, which left me with either leaving some of Eva's familial threads dangling or writing beyond the limits of three books. And honestly, even if I'd dedicated the whole book to Gideon, it would've felt rushed trying to fix his family issues, his heavy co-dependence on Eva, his acclimation to being with a woman who's so social when he's so not... They have such a long way to go, that if I'd try to cram it all into one book, I would be hearing complaints about how jipped readers feel that the last book was too packed to do justice to Gideon. I was damned if I did and damned if I didn't. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy Entwined and may not be reading further, but I thank you for reading the first three. And I hope you love the next book you read.

I just checked out that thread on SD FB that you had posted before...there's over 1,000 replies! Here are a couple of her responses. I don't think they are spoilery":

Sylvia Day There's definitely not as much angst in Entwined, because Gideon and Eva are no longer fighting against each other, they're fighting against the world together. We're also seeing Eva addressing the last of her outstanding issues, so that she can move on to helping Gideon deal with his. That's why three books weren't enough. I was facing a choice between shortchanging Gideon or leaving threads of Eva hanging and I didn't want to do either. Also, above any of the other Crossfire books, in this book we have some real sexual healing. They tackle some pretty important things in that area, for both of them. BUT... that's just my thoughts and everyone is certainly entitled to theirs! I don't begrudge anyone who's read the book and has an unfavorable opinion of it. We're all entitled to love or hate a book in our way. As for the next two books, Gideon has so much work to do. He's got to work out his family issues, that's huge. If he doesn't stop that hurt from festering, he'll never be whole. He has to find a way to live with Eva that doesn't put her at risk, because his atypical parasomnia isn't going to be cured overnight. He's got to learn to open up more, spend time with Eva in a group setting where he doesn't need her plastered to his side, he needs to adjust to being with a woman who's so social and loves hanging out with friends, and they need to figure out how to reconcile her desire to work independently of Cross Industries. There's so much work they have to do as a couple before they can have a solid happily ever after.

And:

Sylvia Day My explanation, for what it's worth: We were still wrapping up Eva's lingering issues, which took us through half the book. That left me with half a book (out of three) to address Gideon's and his are going to be a struggle to get through. He's got a long way to go. Just his family situation alone is tough. I couldn't shortchange him by giving him so few pages, which left me with either leaving some of Eva's familial threads dangling or writing beyond the limits of three books. And honestly, even if I'd dedicated the whole book to Gideon, it would've felt rushed trying to fix his family issues, his heavy co-dependence on Eva, his acclimation to being with a woman who's so social when he's so not... They have such a long way to go, that if I'd try to cram it all into one book, I would be hearing complaints about how jipped readers feel that the last book was too packed to do justice to Gideon. I was damned if I did and damned if I didn't. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy Entwined and may not be reading further, but I thank you for reading the first three. And I hope you love the next book you read.

Hi Nathalia,

Thanks for posting those comments.  It is all good.

I find that if I read from a computer for long enough, I can get headaches or sometimes feel  nauseous.  I think it is precursor for migranes.  Well that's ok, I enjoy a good book.

The white background is too harsh for me, on iBooks I set the color to sepia so it's easier for me on the eyes! Plus I'm part of the "eyes glued to a screen" generation.... If I was born a few years later I guarantee I would've been born with a phone in my hand! LOL

And:

I seriously don't know what the h.ell is wrong with some people. I am so freaking excited there is going to be more than 3 books. SD is absolutely brilliant and she is writing the series perfectly.

To tell you the truth I could read 50 books about Gideon and Eva.  As I wrote on a review I submitted I would like to follow them until they are parent, grandparents & great grandparents.  I love this couple.

Same here!! I'm really sorry for those people that didn't like the book because they just must not be invested in the characters as we are but there is never any reason to be unkind and degrade someone's life's work . That being said I thought the book was amazing, uplifting , and sexy as he!! OMG I'm on my fourth read and can't get enough I'm hoping for Book 4 by Christmas hopefully starting off with an event to remember in Chapter 1. Just loved it!!!

Same here!! I'm really sorry for those people that didn't like the book because they just must not be invested in the characters as we are but there is never any reason to be unkind and degrade someone's life's work . That being said I thought the book was amazing, uplifting , and sexy as he!! OMG I'm on my fourth read and can't get enough I'm hoping for Book 4 by Christmas hopefully starting off with an event to remember in Chapter 1. Just loved it!!!

I was reading some of the reviews on Amazon and a couple people were upset with the sex scenes.  Why did they buy a book that was in the Erotica Romance genre if they don't like reading about sex.  Makes me crazy.  You're right but I see this often.  I participate on a couple forums for TV shows I watch and I'm surprised at how many people scream and yell at the creators/writers and actors.  I always ask them if they have a remote.  The same here.  If you don't like a book don't read it but don't tell someone they can't write.  Frankly reading the reviews, I think they are jealous because they can't write.

And:

Sylvia.

In sorry you had to write this.

I absolutely loved the book, to finish it in three books would have been a disservice to the series. Both of them are still learning and growing. Both having issues that still need addressing.

There is still much to lean about them.

Thank you again for giving us this couple to talk about on these pages. You could write 20 books about them, I would read them all.

Thank you again for giving us Gideon and Eva.

Sylvia.

In sorry you had to write this.

I absolutely loved the book, to finish it in three books would have been a disservice to the series. Both of them are still learning and growing. Both having issues that still need addressing.

There is still much to lean about them.

Thank you again for giving us this couple to talk about on these pages. You could write 20 books about them, I would read them all.

Thank you again for giving us Gideon and Eva.

Hi Julie,

I agree!  Cheers to Sylvia!  May your next book be even better than the last! All my blessings!

GiGi

Hi Julie,

I agree!  Cheers to Sylvia!  May your next book be even better than the last! All my blessings!

GiGi

hi Gigi

Just left my review on Amazons site.

What do people want. It's a romance for godsake, it can't be all doom and gloom. Shaking head here!

hi Gigi

Just left my review on Amazons site.

What do people want. It's a romance for godsake, it can't be all doom and gloom. Shaking head here!

Good morning blessed Julie, 

I have to say, I was taken aback by all the hatred and hostility.  Personally I really liked the books and can hardly wait until the next books finally come out.  I swear I felt like it was Christmas morning when Sylvia announced that she was going to be writing another two books in the series.

I sometimes think that people who write such incredibly hateful things have other issues going on in their lives then on a single book.  I made a huge faux pas by reading the reviews.  I never do!  Oh well, you live and you learn.  I will never do that again!

I have to say, I was taken aback by all the hatred and hostility.  Personally I really liked the books and can hardly wait until the next books finally come out.  I swear I felt like it was Christmas morning when Sylvia announced that she was going to be writing another two books in the series.

I sometimes think that people who write such incredibly hateful things have other issues going on in their lives then on a single book.  I made a huge faux pas by reading the reviews.  I never do!  Oh well, you live and you learn.  I will never do that again!

I totally agree!  I was shaking my head while reading most of the reviews.  People who are going to freak out about waiting for a book shouldn't start an incomplete series, IMO.  Lashing out at the author is disrespectful and uncalled for.  I have so much respect for Sylvia Day and how she responds to the whiners and criticism.  It's obvious that she truly cares about her readers and doing this story justice.  I would much rather a series be extended than have it rushed. 

I get excited and impatient waiting for books too, but I would never get angry and rude about it.  It irritates me when I see people acting like that.  I might be less sensitive to it because of my obsession with the Wheel of Time series though Lol.  That one started in 1990 and the final book was just released in January.  Robert Jordan passed away after book 11 (2005) and had left extensive notes for his wife (also his editor) to complete the final book.  Once they chose Brandon Sanderson to complete it... he and RJ's wife decided they needed to split the final book into 3.  Book 12 wasn't released until 2009 (4 years after the previous one).  Book 13 was roughly a year after that and then 14 was a little over 2 years later.  Sigh... now THAT was rough waiting.  :)

I will wait "patiently" for book 4 and whenever it gets close... I'll re-read 1-3 and get myself excited all over again!  Until then... I need another series to keep me distracted.  Lol  Any recommendations?

hi Gigi

So agree with you.

I'm really quite angry on her behalf. I always say, "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"

If she wrote another 20 books I would be happy. These people obviously like a quick read, which these books aren't. They have more depth to them, which they haven't picked up on.

I totally agree!  I was shaking my head while reading most of the reviews.  People who are going to freak out about waiting for a book shouldn't start an incomplete series, IMO.  Lashing out at the author is disrespectful and uncalled for.  I have so much respect for Sylvia Day and how she responds to the whiners and criticism.  It's obvious that she truly cares about her readers and doing this story justice.  I would much rather a series be extended than have it rushed. 

I get excited and impatient waiting for books too, but I would never get angry and rude about it.  It irritates me when I see people acting like that.  I might be less sensitive to it because of my obsession with the Wheel of Time series though Lol.  That one started in 1990 and the final book was just released in January.  Robert Jordan passed away after book 11 (2005) and had left extensive notes for his wife (also his editor) to complete the final book.  Once they chose Brandon Sanderson to complete it... he and RJ's wife decided they needed to split the final book into 3.  Book 12 wasn't released until 2009 (4 years after the previous one).  Book 13 was roughly a year after that and then 14 was a little over 2 years later.  Sigh... now THAT was rough waiting.  :)

I will wait "patiently" for book 4 and whenever it gets close... I'll re-read 1-3 and get myself excited all over again!  Until then... I need another series to keep me distracted.  Lol  Any recommendations?

HI KBisMe,

Welcome to the forum!  We haven't met before.  I hope you enjoy yourself!   In response to your comments I agree with you completely.  I sometimes wonder whether people feel like they are standing in front of firing squads if they have to read yet another book in a series (I am absolutey KIDDING here).  I think that is the only thing that would make sense to me (kidding again). 

I really liked Sylvia's previous short novella "All Revved Up" of which there is supposed to be another one coming out soon (fingers crossed, wink, wink).   I also really liked some of her short stories.  Apparently she is supposed to be coming out with a new series "Afterburn" and "Aftershock" but I am not sure when those are coming out.  Have you tried Fifty Shades of Grey?  EL James is a lovely author and her writing kept me engaged for all three books.  Other than that I would have to ask; which types are you interested in?  Right now I am reading "The Optimist's Daughter" by Eudora Welty (not bad).   I tried to get into Sylvia Plath's "The Bell Jar" but after starting it I wanted to stick my head in an oven (ok, ok, really bad bun here, just kidding). I think I will have to save that book for another rainy gloomy day.   I also finished Fyodor Dostoyevsky's "Crime and Punishment"  (now that was a dude who had some serious issues!).  Let me know and I will do my best to try and recommend a great read and if not a great read then a fun summer read.     

hi Gigi

So agree with you.

I'm really quite angry on her behalf. I always say, "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"

If she wrote another 20 books I would be happy. These people obviously like a quick read, which these books aren't. They have more depth to them, which they haven't picked up on.

Hi Julie,

What is so funny about those comments is that these books were a great summer read.  Yes some of the material was intense, but all the naughty bits more than made up for some really tough subjects.  If anything, the subject matter is resolving itself and these two characters are growing together.   Oh well, what a shame for them.  They are going to miss out on some great reading!

Good morning from Italy!!

I need a helping hand.... where can I find the Penguins snapsshots, pleeease?

I'd like to put them in a folder and have them in handy.

Thanks a lot in advance!!!!

HI KBisMe,

Welcome to the forum! We haven't met before. I hope you enjoy yourself! In response to your comments I agree with you completely. I sometimes wonder whether people feel like they are standing in front of firing squads if they have to read yet another book in a series (I am absolutey KIDDING here). I think that is the only thing that would make sense to me (kidding again).

I really liked Sylvia's previous short novella "All Revved Up" of which there is supposed to be another one coming out soon (fingers crossed, wink, wink). I also really liked some of her short stories. Apparently she is supposed to be coming out with a new series "Afterburn" and "Aftershock" but I am not sure when those are coming out. Have you tried Fifty Shades of Grey? EL James is a lovely author and her writing kept me engaged for all three books. Other than that I would have to ask; which types are you interested in? Right now I am reading "The Optimist's Daughter" by Eudora Welty (not bad). I tried to get into Sylvia Plath's "The Bell Jar" but after starting it I wanted to stick my head in an oven (ok, ok, really bad bun here, just kidding). I think I will have to save that book for another rainy gloomy day. I also finished Fyodor Dostoyevsky's "Crime and Punishment" (now that was a dude who had some serious issues!). Let me know and I will do my best to try and recommend a great read and if not a great read then a fun summer read.

Hi GiGi!

Thank you! I'm so glad I found this forum. I haven't posted much, but I love the vibe here. What a great group of people!

Lol I was cracking up reading your post. I read Fifty Shades of Grey and really enjoyed it. I had to see what all the hype was about and understood once I started reading. That's how I found the Crossfire series. I finished Fifty and googled around seeing what people who liked that were recommending.

I love to read and am open to anything. I am reading The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward and love it! I've read all of Nicholas Sparks books, Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin, the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning, all of Richard Paul Evans books, Twilight series, Harry Potter series, etc etc etc. I'm not too into horror or mystery type books, but am pretty open all around.

I'll definitely check out the "All Revved Up" novella! I have thoroughly enjoyed these Crossfire books and definitely want to read more by Sylvia.