• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK! Here are my picks

Chap. 2

1) the whole Magdalene-Eva exchange on the phone

2) "Tell me he's awsome in bed."... "You won't hear me complaining."

3) Nothing beats girl talk

Chap. 3

1) "It's my place to stand beside you, and support you, and yes, just f***ing look pretty on your arm sometimes. It's my right, my duty, and my privilege, Eva, just as it's yours in reverse."

2) "Secrets are something we can work through, cheating isn't."

3) "Doctor... The only way I'm keeping my hands off her is if I'm dead. Find another way to fix us."

Chap. 4

1) "Make me clean."...."The pain and degradation of my memories washed away beneath the selfless reverence of Gedeon's caretaking. More than soap and water, it was his touch that freed me from my nightmare."

2) "But he was willing to put up a show for me - INSPIRE me - so I could touch myself. The surge of emotion I felt that moment was devastating. Gratitude and affection, desire and tenderness."..."I wanted my body - my DESIRE - to be burned onto his brain the way this image of him would be burned onto mine."... "It was as intimate as when he was inside me, maybe more so because we were wide open and on display. Totally BARED. Our pleasure REFLECTED in each other."

Chap. 5

1) "What is it with rich people and control issues?"

"They get rich because they take control."

I'm DONE. CIAO!!!

I know we are not at this point yet but can you imagine the moment when Gideon realized that Brett Kline had written the song GOLDEN for HIS EVA. We can not even begin to think we know what was going through his head at that moment. Did he realize it when he saw Eva in Brett's arms which would have been a double electric shock to his system first to catch Eva in another man's arms and second the realization about the song and a past love affair of Eva's... That being said it really wasn't Cary's fault that he didn't clue Eva in about Six Ninths . This night it was all Eva's bad...

My favourite paragraph.

Claiming me. Possessing me.

"Crossfire," he whispered, reminding me of my safe word?

I moaned as my s*x rippled in climax, tightening and squeezing, milking him greedily.

"Feel that?" Gideons tongue traced the shell of my ear, his breath gusting in humid pants. "You've got me by the throat and the balls." Wheres the distance, angel."

For the next three hours, there was none.

Oh Yeah!!

I know we are not at this point yet but can you imagine the moment when Gideon realized that Brett Kline had written the song GOLDEN for HIS EVA. We can not even begin to think we know what was going through his head at that moment. Did he realize it when he saw Eva in Brett's arms which would have been a double electric shock to his system first to catch Eva in another man's arms and second the realization about the song and a past love affair of Eva's... That being said it really wasn't Cary's fault that he didn't clue Eva in about Six Ninths . This night it was all Eva's bad...

I agree.

When Gideon said to Eva in the back of the limo, "did you come for me when I had my fingers inside you, Eva? Or because of his godda*n song?"

How could such a great evening, spiral out of control like that?

Now he knew how Eva felt. Not that two wrongs make a right.

If anyone listens to the audio book, I need a little help clarifying something. Chapter 5, when Eva gets the call from her dad, the narrator says, "my mom had been going through a rough patch with husband number three."  The kindle ebook version says "husband number two."  Which is it? Not sure if it really matters, but it may make a difference latter in the story.

If anyone listens to the audio book, I need a little help clarifying something. Chapter 5, when Eva gets the call from her dad, the narrator says, "my mom had been going through a rough patch with husband number three."  The kindle ebook version says "husband number two."  Which is it? Not sure if it really matters, but it may make a difference latter in the story.

The book says "husband number two" also.

Wasn't Mitchell the gambler?

It's husband number two. The Kindle and my own paper copy of the novel have it right.

The audiobook contains an error. I'm not sure if the error originated in the script the narrator was handed, or if there had been an error in the book text itself in the first edition, caught and corrected in subsequent editions.

1. Monica's first husband was Barker, Nathan's father -- she left him over what his son had done to Eva. That was 10 years ago.
  2. Monica's second husband's last name had been Mitchell -- the story strongly suggests compulsive gambling plus some other issues caused Monica to leave him. That marriage being in trouble was one of the reasons why Eva chose to move away from her mother and out to California four years earlier.
  3. Richard Stanton is Monica's third and current husband.

My favourite paragraph.

Claiming me. Possessing me.

"Crossfire," he whispered, reminding me of my safe word?

I moaned as my s*x rippled in climax, tightening and squeezing, milking him greedily.

"Feel that?" Gideons tongue traced the shell of my ear, his breath gusting in humid pants. "You've got me by the throat and the balls." Wheres the distance, angel."

For the next three hours, there was none.

I love this one!

Re-reading Chapter 5, something jumped out at me about what Eva was thinking when she was having her weekly phone call with her Dad, what was going through her mind when she told her father she'd like him to meet Gideon when he (her Dad) came to New York to visit.

"My dad was a trained observer; he'd see right away that Gideon and I had tension between us ...."

Victor certainly saw a great deal of tension between the pair of them the night he met Gideon. Did he also see love in Gideon's eyes too, when Eva wasn't looking? Ireland had picked up on some of that, and she barely knew her brother.

And what did Victor think about Gideon's dancing around the questions the detectives threw at him -- about him knowing Nathan and about his whereabouts on Thursday? 

Is Victor currently anti-Gideon right now, buying wholeheartedly into the appearance that Gideon cheated on Eva? Because after Eva went to bed, Victor found out about Corrine and Gideon online, including that Gideon had been with out with Corrine the night before.

How might this change -- for better or for worse -- when Victor finds out what the now-deceased Nathan had done to Eva? Might Victor immediately become suspicious that Gideon had something to do with the killing? Or might he believe Gideon had essentially ditched Eva because he (Gideon) had found out about the Barker family skeletons and wanted to distance himself from it?

Ultimately, I think Victor most definitely will be part of the happily ever after, but I wonder how rocky the immediately future will be between Victor and Gideon -- just how antagonistic might Victor feel toward Gideon in the immediate future, given events of the recent past.

Because in this Chapter 5, we find out what really had been the story behind Victor getting his daughter into therapy, what had alarmed him about her. It was watching self-destructive behavior she engaged in with guys who weren't good for her. He'd been especially upset seeing her settle for being little more than a groupie with a singer (this is the first mention of Brett) and having been involved with a tattoo artist who was a cheater.

Re-reading Chapter 5, something jumped out at me about what Eva was thinking when she was having her weekly phone call with her Dad, what was going through her mind when she told her father she'd like him to meet Gideon when he (her Dad) came to New York to visit.

"My dad was a trained observer; he'd see right away that Gideon and I had tension between us ...."

Victor certainly saw a great deal of tension between the pair of them the night he met Gideon. Did he also see love in Gideon's eyes too, when Eva wasn't looking? Ireland had picked up on some of that, and she barely knew her brother.

And what did Victor think about Gideon's dancing around the questions the detectives threw at him -- about him knowing Nathan and about his whereabouts on Thursday? 

Is Victor currently anti-Gideon right now, buying wholeheartedly into the appearance that Gideon cheated on Eva? Because after Eva went to bed, Victor found out about Corrine and Gideon online, including that Gideon had been with out with Corrine the night before.

How might this change -- for better or for worse -- when Victor finds out what the now-deceased Nathan had done to Eva? Might Victor immediately become suspicious that Gideon had something to do with the killing? Or might he believe Gideon had essentially ditched Eva because he (Gideon) had found out about the Barker family skeletons and wanted to distance himself from it?

Ultimately, I think Victor most definitely will be part of the happily ever after, but I wonder how rocky the immediately future will be between Victor and Gideon -- just how antagonistic might Victor feel toward Gideon in the immediate future, given events of the recent past.

Because in this Chapter 5, we find out what really had been the story behind Victor getting his daughter into therapy, what had alarmed him about her. It was watching self-destructive behavior she engaged in with guys who weren't good for her. He'd been especially upset seeing her settle for being little more than a groupie with a singer (this is the first mention of Brett) and having been involved with a tattoo artist who was a cheater.

On the night of the dinner, they were both vying for Eva's affections, but because of Gideons behaviour Eva wasn't prepared to give him the opportunity.

I think Victor will find out about Eva's abuse. I'm sure Graves will let it slip. Eva said that Gideon didn't look at her nearly the entire evening he was there, but I'm sure Victor kept his eye on him, trying to read him.

On the night of the dinner, they were both vying for Eva's affections, but because of Gideons behaviour Eva wasn't prepared to give him the opportunity.

I think Victor will find out about Eva's abuse. I'm sure Graves will let it slip. Eva said that Gideon didn't look at her nearly the entire evening he was there, but I'm sure Victor kept his eye on him, trying to read him.

I agree. I think eventually Victor will find out what happened with Eva. I also don't think Victor is going to keep his eye off of Gideon. I'm curious to see what Victor would have to say if anything were to come of this theory. 

I agree. I think eventually Victor will find out what happened with Eva. I also don't think Victor is going to keep his eye off of Gideon. I'm curious to see what Victor would have to say if anything were to come of this theory.

If Victor finds out what Gideon has done, it will put him in a difficult position.

As a cop, he should do his job and arrest him. But help him to get the best plea. Knowing that his actions were to save Eva, will go a long way with Victor. Victor knowing that his daughter loves Gideon, and vice versa will want to help him.

As a father, he would probably want to shake Gideons hand or alternately have eliminated Nathan himself.

Hopefully book 4 will reveal all.

Welcome Chenolyn, I am fairly new to the site as well and love catching up with all the info and peoples opinions and ideas of what may happen and how they have seen the previous chapters.

I kind of feel sorry for Victor as he knows nothing about what happened to his daughter and now I think he will find out either by Graves or by Eva and Graves as she may feel the need to tell her dad knowing that the police might.

I think Victor will come around to Gideon as he will put two and two together and remember how Gideon was when the detective came round to ask questions and being a police man himself I think he will make the connection and part of me believes that he will feel indebted to Gideon for what he has done to keep his little girl safe but part of him will struggle being a police man and trying to uphold the law.  I think this will be a difficult time for Victor 

If Victor finds out what Gideon has done, it will put him in a difficult position.

As a cop, he should do his job and arrest him. But help him to get the best plea. Knowing that his actions were to save Eva, will go a long way with Victor. Victor knowing that his daughter loves Gideon, and vice versa will want to help him.

As a father, he would probably want to shake Gideons hand or alternately have eliminated Nathan himself.

Hopefully book 4 will reveal all.

God Julie, I thought I was early on the site, then I see your post and am happy I am not alone in reading these posts this early in the morning, mind you I am at work but hey a wee sneaky 10 mins to catch up will not hurt anyone LOL :)

I agree it will be difficult for Victor, I think he will be pulled in two over what to do for the best, he may even talk to Monica about it all and Eva and decide all together what would be best :)

God Julie, I thought I was early on the site, then I see your post and am happy I am not alone in reading these posts this early in the morning, mind you I am at work but hey a wee sneaky 10 mins to catch up will not hurt anyone LOL :)

I agree it will be difficult for Victor, I think he will be pulled in two over what to do for the best, he may even talk to Monica about it all and Eva and decide all together what would be best :)

Hi Sheens

I have to do catch up over my cornflakes, because the USA and Canada chat all night. Lol

This hole is getting deeper and deeper if feel. Shaking my head here.

I have a horrible feeling Gideon will be arrested at some point. Call it gut instinct. :(

Hi Sheens

I have to do catch up over my cornflakes, because the USA and Canada chat all night. Lol

This hole is getting deeper and deeper if feel. Shaking my head here.

I have a horrible feeling Gideon will be arrested at some point. Call it gut instinct. :(

Hey Julie

You know what I had that same feeling when I started seeing all the pictures about the secrets and the wording about "catching you out and hurt someone" and I just felt that maybe the secret for Gideon is weighing heavily on him and the sneaking around meeting up with Eva playing on both of them.

I am like you I have this gut feeling that Gideon will be arrested maybe not convicted (well fingers crossed not) but I think they will bring him in for more questioning and find they don't have enough evidence to convict him but I think this is going to be a hard time for both of them (Gideon and Eva) and it could be emotionally hard on all us fans reading and listening to it all.

I am on chapter 19 on Reflected on audio, been listening on way to work and home and Saturday hubby worked nighshift and there was nothing on TV so sat and listed to audio some more.  :):)

Favourite lines today."I missed you" he said softly, his lips pressing to my brow. "So d*mn much. And not just for this."

Gideon loves his girl so much. It oozes from his pores. :)

That is such a good line and I think it shows that he loves Eva completely and deeply and not just for the s*x but because she understands him and listens to him and does not want to be with him just because of his money but because of who he is and how he is helping her :)

Hey Julie

You know what I had that same feeling when I started seeing all the pictures about the secrets and the wording about "catching you out and hurt someone" and I just felt that maybe the secret for Gideon is weighing heavily on him and the sneaking around meeting up with Eva playing on both of them.

I am like you I have this gut feeling that Gideon will be arrested maybe not convicted (well fingers crossed not) but I think they will bring him in for more questioning and find they don't have enough evidence to convict him but I think this is going to be a hard time for both of them (Gideon and Eva) and it could be emotionally hard on all us fans reading and listening to it all.

I am on chapter 19 on Reflected on audio, been listening on way to work and home and Saturday hubby worked nighshift and there was nothing on TV so sat and listed to audio some more.  :):)

I think Gideon will need closure on this Nathan business, to aid his recovery. He has enough baggage, his shoulders are sagging under the weight. Poor chap.

The way the book is being marketed, with snippets, snapshots, and clues is brilliant, the suspense is gripping, but my nerves are frayed!! So many scenarios keep running through my little brain!! Some of them not good.:(

Favourite lines today."I missed you" he said softly, his lips pressing to my brow. "So d*mn much. And not just for this."

Gideon loves his girl so much. It oozes from his pores. :)

That is such a good line and I think it shows that he loves Eva completely and deeply and not just for the s*x but because she understands him and listens to him and does not want to be with him just because of his money but because of who he is and how he is helping her :)

These two were meant for each other. No doubt about that. :)