One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

I too suspect Eva might be the only blonde he's ever gone to bed with. Certainly she's the only non-brunette he ever dated -- and she's the only woman he's ever made love with, period. Even with Corrine, it had been nothing more than f******.

BUT .... alternate theory .....

Maybe after Corrine, did Gideon stop sleeping with brunettes, period -- that he developed sexual attraction only to women who did NOT resemble his mother? That the dating-brunettes thing is more of a Mommy issue related to his mother being a trophy wife, so Gideon unconsciously strikes back by having trophy girlfriends who kinda look like Mommy too?

This might explain why it was so easy for Gideon to keep the dates and the bed partners completely separate, and why he was filled with overwhelming desire when he first laid eyes on Eva -- because she did NOT resemble Mommy/Corrine in any way.

AGHHHHHH!!!! I want to know, and I want to know now!!! But I gotta wait two weeks from tomorrow - June 4!!!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sylvia said the abuser was not Dr. Lucas, who is a pediatrician - she confirmed that in a spoiler question answer some time ago.

She hasn't confirmed one way or the other whether it was the doctoral student. Reflected in You strongly suggests the doctoral psychology student was the abuser. We will learn the identity in Entwined, Sylvia has promised.

You're right LN, I just went and looked on the FB forum. I should have remembered. :( 

She said this:

Sylvia Day 7 months ago

It's the doctoral candidate, who isn't Dr. Lucas.

The questions before this post center around the abuser being CV Sr or the doctoral candidate.  

https://apps.facebook.com/forumforpages/19367188456/52377a16-96d6-4693-abd8-da0dd1fa8599/0

Then what's Gideon's issue with Vidal Sr? I think that must center around the death of Gideon's father. I wonder how "quickly" Elizabeth married him after the suicide.

I too suspect Eva might be the only blonde he's ever gone to bed with. Certainly she's the only non-brunette he ever dated -- and she's the only woman he's ever made love with, period. Even with Corrine, it had been nothing more than f******.

Maybe after Corrine, did Gideon stop sleeping with brunettes, period -- that he developed sexual attraction only to women who did NOT resemble his mother? That the dating-brunettes thing is more of a Mommy issue related to his mother being a trophy wife, so Gideon unconsciously strikes back by having trophy girlfriends who kinda look like Mommy too?

This might explain why it was so easy for Gideon to keep the dates and the bed partners completely separate, and why he was filled with overwhelming desire when he first laid eyes on Eva -- because she did NOT resemble Mommy/Corrine in any way.

AGHHHHHH!!!! I want to know, and I want to know now!!! But I gotta wait two weeks from tomorrow - June 4!!!

My 4th question that I would really like to know the answer to is what did Arnoldo and Gideon say to each other in Italian at his restaurant before the concert but I think

this is a trivial matter and I doubt SD will address it and also a 5th question I have is did Eva know her paternal grandparents but I'm thinking maybe they are deceased... That's all for now LOL!

So then would Eva be off with her Deena theory?

You're right LN, I just went and looked on the FB forum. I should have remembered. :(

She said this:

Sylvia Day 7 months ago

The questions before this post center around the abuser being CV Sr or the doctoral candidate.  

https://apps.facebook.com/forumforpages/19367188456/52377a16-96d6-4693-abd8-da0dd1fa8599/0

Then what's Gideon's issue with Vidal Sr? I think that must center around the death of Gideon's father. I wonder how "quickly" Elizabeth married him after the suicide.

I think I've had too much time on my hands.  It says in the book it was the doctoral student but then I kept thinking about it and tried to put my own twist on the story instead of staying with Sylvia's story.

So then would Eva be off with her Deena theory?

It doesn't make sense to me.  If they were just social dates why would she be so angry.  The type of anger and/or revenge she feels would be the result of a woman who felt used sexually.  IMO.  If she just attended social affairs she may have wanted more but would that make her lash out at Gideon and want to do an expose?

Another thing I can't get my head around is if these women chase Gideon and he has a role in the hay with them why would any of them be angry.  Gideon does seem like the kind of guy who would make any promises of a future.  Maybe it is the fact that he likes it rough with toys.  Deanna agrees to play because she thinks it will be more but I just can't figure it out.

It doesn't make sense to me.  If they were just social dates why would she be so angry.  The type of anger and/or revenge she feels would be the result of a woman who felt used sexually.  IMO.  If she just attended social affairs she may have wanted more but would that make her lash out at Gideon and want to do an expose?

Another thing I can't get my head around is if these women chase Gideon and he has a role in the hay with them why would any of them be angry.  Gideon does seem like the kind of guy who would make any promises of a future.  Maybe it is the fact that he likes it rough with toys.  Deanna agrees to play because she thinks it will be more but I just can't figure it out.

I'm sure Eva is right about her Deanna theory ; I think Deanna was one of the offers Gideon didn't refuse. Eva describes her as being very attractive maybe he was just that night and she was right place right time. But she still went in the reject pile after he stuck his in her so I'm sure she's about being used for a 1 niter. I'm sure they all had those dreaded exaggerated expectations but it was all in their own minds...I'm sure Gideon also presents a challenge to all the socialites and young professionals out there-who will be the one to thaw the ICEMAN??

I'm sure Eva is right about her Deanna theory ; I think Deanna was one of the offers Gideon didn't refuse. Eva describes her as being very attractive maybe he was just ###### that night and she was right place right time. But she still went in the reject pile after he stuck his ###### in her so I'm sure she's ###### about being used for a 1 niter. I'm sure they all had those dreaded exaggerated expectations but it was all in their own minds...I'm sure Gideon also presents a challenge to all the socialites and young professionals out there-who will be the one to thaw the ICEMAN??

And btw I'm sure she was a consenting adult if she didn't want to use the toys etc she should have said so . I honestly think he had to use the toys and such to achieve a level of arousal because even though he chose brunettes I don't think he was actually SEXUALLY attracted to them. Remember he told Eva after the limo sex I just want to keep feeling the way I feel when I'm with you. I just don't think he ever had that level of a sexual experience; does that make sense to anyone?

And btw I'm sure she was a consenting adult if she didn't want to use the toys etc she should have said so . I honestly think he had to use the toys and such to achieve a level of arousal because even though he chose brunettes I don't think he was actually SEXUALLY attracted to them. Remember he told Eva after the limo sex I just want to keep feeling the way I feel when I'm with you. I just don't think he ever had that level of a sexual experience; does that make sense to anyone?

Morning

Yes that makes sense.

What he felt for Eva, after that limo ride became love, something he had never experienced before. It was probably like him being struck by a thunderbolt.

He had never had s*x ever in a car, the only place being his f*ckpad.

Eva opened him up to a whole new world of emotions, that made him feel c*ck doodle doo!! :)

I still think his brunette fetish is mummy related, and is due to his rape and abandonment as a child. F*cking them, then casting them aside, as punishment just as he was. I think he is subconsciously punishing his mother. The social brunettes only seem to be Magdalena, that we know of, and she is a friend of the family, no dipping his wick in this one!!

Eva broke this spell. He fell in love. End of the brunettes!! Cheering from England :)

It definitely would be a bombshell??

I did think Vidal snr was the abuser but after listening to Gideon in Reflected (audio book) he mentioned the man was an doctorial type of person which Vidal snr is not so I think that blows that idea out of the box

Ohh ohh I got another question!!

Was Mike (i think that's his name, the guy Eva was training) hired by Gideon just so he could keep tabs on Eva?

His name was Will and you know what, I thought that also.

It also struck me in Bared that the Kingsman Vodka add was given directly to Mark Garritty, maybe this has been answered before but does anyone else think this is slightly co-incidental since Eva has just started working for Mark and then he lands such a big account that is sponsored by Cross Industries :)

On the record since we are getting so close to June 4th I think that Eva was the sole blonde Gideon ever took to bed and soon will wed!! LOL

Oh the hearts all over NYC will be breaking when Gideon and Eva get married LOL :)

She said this:

Sylvia Day 7 months ago

I never knew there was this forum on FB thanks, will read that as well :)

Morning

Yes that makes sense.

What he felt for Eva, after that limo ride became love, something he had never experienced before. It was probably like him being struck by a thunderbolt.

He had never had s*x ever in a car, the only place being his f*ckpad.

Eva opened him up to a whole new world of emotions, that made him feel c*ck doodle doo!! :)

I agree there Julie :)

His name was Will and you know what, I thought that also.

It also struck me in Bared that the Kingsman Vodka add was given directly to Mark Garritty, maybe this has been answered before but does anyone else think this is slightly co-incidental since Eva has just started working for Mark and then he lands such a big account that is sponsored by Cross Industries :)

This was definitely planned by Gideon so he could meet Eva...

I still think his brunette fetish is mummy related, and is due to his rape and abandonment as a child. F*cking them, then casting them aside, as punishment just as he was. I think he is subconsciously punishing his mother. The social brunettes only seem to be Magdalena, that we know of, and she is a friend of the family, no dipping his wick in this one!!

Eva broke this spell. He fell in love. End of the brunettes!! Cheering from England :)

I like your assessment Julie :), cheering from sunny scotland :)

She said this:

Sylvia Day 7 months ago

Excellent, Kirsten! Thanks for finding it!

Gideon's stepfather had all the money, and thus all the power. Elizabeth Vidal would have come into the marriage literally penniless, every last dollar and even every last valuable assets (home, cars, jewelry) seized by the government, because every last dollar Geoffrey Cross still had and every last valuable he bought came all came from stolen money -- money he'd defrauded investors of.

We know Elizabeth remarried very soon after. I think Vidal Sr. snapped her up at at a "bargain price" so to speak, a stunning trophy wife that normally would have been out of his league, even being a rich man. Gideon gets his amazing looks from his mother. Like Monica, Elizabeth normally could have her pick of men. So why him? She was desperate. My guess is he controlled her by controlling the money - that's how he's kept her at his side all these years.

Magdalene wasn't the only one Gideon took out on dates. There were others, Eva saw -- Cary had included pictures in the dossier of online material he'd pulled together on Gideon for Eva to review just before she went out with Gideon for the first time. Eva noticed Magdalene only because Magdalene was the one most frequently photographed with him, photographed often enough that Eva decided to read one of the captions to determine Magdalene's name. And even Monica noted Gideon had a reputation as a ladies man -- one with a known preference for brunettes. The photos Eva reviewed confirmed her mother had been right about the society gossip about Gideon.