One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

Hmmmmmm, Brett. 

I might consider a one-night stand there.

Provided, of course, he's open to brunettes. I hope he hasn't developed some sort of blonde fixation.

There's always Arnoldo, too.

Oh and Victor is single. 

Am I missing anyone else?

I'll consider Arnoldo!

Great food and a chance to fine tune my italian ;)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy that everyone believes he's a good man.  I was concerned that he was viewed in a negative light and then I started to worry that I was wrong about him.  I love the guy and I'm a brunette, I would be happy with a one night stand in his little s*x pad (before Eva that is). 

The big question Sharonm would be would 1 night be enough????. for me NO WAY, I would want more of his body especially if it was as glorious as Eva makes out in the book, yum yum :)  :)

Hmmmmmm, Brett. 

I might consider a one-night stand there.

Provided, of course, he's open to brunettes. I hope he hasn't developed some sort of blonde fixation.

There's always Arnoldo, too.

Oh and Victor is single. 

Am I missing anyone else?

what about a whirl with Cary ??

I would love to have Cary as a friend. He sounds right up my alley. Hanging out with him would be a blast. Lol :)

what about the guy who was at Gideon's gym, Daniel I think I am sure he would be fit by the description in Bared :)

Hey gang, Have we found out who  was calling Gideon (in Reflected in You) during the Friday dinner when Eva found out Nathan was in town and also dead?  He got several phonecalls  during that dinner.

Also, the pictures ( I think) the cops found in Nathan's hotel room where pictures of Cary and Eva together (he wouldn't know the relationship between them 'cause Cary came later in her life)  That's why when Cary got attacked the person yelled "keep away from her".  Also he was stalking Eva (hence more photos) and checking her garbage.

Two weeks to go, and hopefully all our questions will be answered  ( or we will have new ones)

We haven't definitely found out. My guesses:

The very last one had been someone downstairs tipping him off to the arrival of the police -- probably Angus waiting outside, but also possibly the lobby desk guy downstairs, who'd been put on some sort of standing order to let Gideon know when anyone showed up asking for Eva (Cross Industries owns the building, and I have a theory that for some time now, part of Gideon watching over Eva has involved the doormen and desk people in her building getting paid lots of $$$ money to watch over Eva and at times report directly to Gideon or perhaps to Angus.)

Other calls during the evening might have been some of his people keeping him updated about what was going on regarding the discovery of a murder victim that morning in a hotel owned by a Cross Industries subsidiary.

I'm sure at some point, Corrine called too, hoping maybe he'd take her out that night. She'd have been back to calling him daily, perhaps multiple times daily now, encouraged that she's gotten him back.

We haven't definitely found out. My guesses:

The very last one had been someone downstairs tipping him off to the arrival of the police -- probably Angus waiting outside, but also possibly the lobby desk guy downstairs, who'd been put on some sort of standing order to let Gideon know when anyone showed up asking for Eva (Cross Industries owns the building, and I have a theory that for some time now, part of Gideon watching over Eva has involved the doormen and desk people in her building getting paid lots of $$$ money to watch over Eva and at times report directly to Gideon or perhaps to Angus.)

Other calls during the evening might have been some of his people keeping him updated about what was going on regarding the discovery of a murder victim that morning in a hotel owned by a Cross Industries subsidiary.

I'm sure at some point, Corrine called too, hoping maybe he'd take her out that night. She'd have been back to calling him daily, perhaps multiple times daily now, encouraged that she's gotten him back.

good thoughts as always LN, is it still 2 weeks to go?? :(

A Chapter A Day Re-Read Project - Today is Chapter 8 of Reflected in You

This chapter starts Wednesday morning (day 23)  and goes through Thursday evening (day 24)

Key plot developments

Thursday evening, Eva and Gideon have their second couples therapy session with Dr. Petersen. They discuss Gideon having attacked Eva in his sleep on Monday night -- and talk about how she's determined to make the relationship work.

Wednesday morning before work at Gideon's apartment, he and Eva also discuss how much they want to make the relationship work. They talk over some important things then and there, and Gideon says he wants to take her away the upcoming weekend so they can talk even more.

After each of us has read Chapter 8, Sylvia would like to know what each of us liked best - either a quote or a paragraph.

Chapter 7 of Reflected in You - The Readers Guide

This chapter starts Monday evening (day 21) and continues through Tuesday evening (day 22)

Key plot developments

• For the second time, while sleeping in Eva's bed, Gideon tried to sexually assault her while fast asleep in the middle of one of his violent nightmares. Cary, afraid that the relationship could permanently damage Eva, told her to dump Gideon.
  • However, she became determined to hang in there, staying in text contact with Gideon the next day when he avoiding talking to her. Then she took it upon herself to go see him Tuesday night, letting herself into his apartment for the first time with her own key.
  • Eva convinced him she was done running, and he confirmed he'd was continuing to work with Dr. Petersen on the problem.

New characters

None in this chapter

Another really rough night

"Atypical sexual parasomnia was what Dr. Petersen called it, a manifestation of Gideon's deep psychological trauma. I called it h***. And we were both trapped in it." (page 115)

For the fourth time in the two weeks they've slept alongside one another most nights, Eva has witnessed Gideon having one of his painful nightmares. They'd been getting increasingly worse, possibly in response to the increasing pressure he's under.

For the second time, he'd turned from victim to aggressor, in his dream attacking rather than being attacked. But the parasomnia (a sort of sleepwalking) makes him act out while still fast asleep - and for the second time, he acted out on Eva.

The first time, which also happened at her place, Cary heard her scream and pulled Gideon off her, waking him up in the process. Gideon was so horrified he wanted to leave, but Eva persuaded him to stay, and he cried for much of the night.

This time, Cary slept through it, because rather than screaming, Eva used Krav Maga defensive skills to fight Gideon off -- waking him up in the process. This time, he also wanted to leave, but this time Eva didn't stop him.

Later, Gideon called Cary to wake him up in order to have him check on Eva. Cary was frantic when he found out. Eva claimed she was OK, but Cary could see she wasn't.

"S***, Eva. I've never seen you like this. I can't stand it. ... enough is enough. Cut him off ... What are you waiting for? You're going to wait too long and then this won't be just another bad relationship, it'll be the one that permanently f**** you up." (page 116).

But Eva told Cary she's not going to give up. However, almost immediately after vowing that to Cary, Eva discovered Gideon had deliberately left his key to her apartment behind. So now she feared Gideon was giving up, because the last time he'd returned her key, he'd broken up with her -- done so because of one of his nightmares.

Eva goes to him

When Gideon had broken up with her before, she assumed it was over, and she let him go. Four days later, realizing he couldn't be without her, Gideon went back to her.

This time, she didn't let him walk. He contacted her by text, not phone, and she replied by telling him she wanted to see him that night. He put her off though, telling her he had his weekly individual appointment with Dr. Petersen and he had a lot of work to do. She kept pushing, but the best she could get was a maybe.

So for the first time, she used her own key to let herself into his apartment. When he got home, he found her there. It turned out he'd gone to her place looking for her, only to be told by Cary to go to h***. Cary then phoned Eva to continue to urge her to end the situation.

Gideon, however, decided he can't let go ... "I can't even say I'll let you walk, if that's why you're here." (apge 125)

So they talked. Eva very carefully gave him back her key, making it clear to him the key was a gift. More importantly, she told him something that meant more to him than she could possibly know, because what she said went right to the heart of his abandonment fears and his terror of her "runners."

"I'm not running anymore. You've made me stronger. You gave me a reason to try harder." (page 127)

Gideon had seen Dr. Petersen earlier that evening, who had repeated the same advice he's given to the pair of them the week before in couples therapy - they were in too deep, so they needed to pull back sexually, date platonically, sleep separately.

Gideon at least decided they would take one part of the advice -- sleeping separately. As in separate beds. Eva already had her own bedroom in his apartment.

Couple of favourite passages today

"Gimme that coffee. I want to be caffeinated when I kick your Arse". I have adopted this line for work. :)

He pulled back and I looked at him, seeing the same gorgeous businessman in a dark suit that I'd first met, but the look in his eyes.....

My throat burned.

The power and scorching intensity, the hunger and need. His fingertips brushed over my temples, across my cheeks, down to my throat. He tilted my jaw up and his lips pressed gently against mine. He didn't say anything, but he didn't have to. I got it.

Swoon. .:)

Favorite quote:

"What I want is for us both to feel safe.  What you and I have together shouldn't be draining us like this.  It should be the one rock-solid thing we both count on."

Yeah I like that quote too :)