One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

At this point of the story, Gideons emotions must have been all over the place. The stress he must be under, keeping Eva safe, plus running his business, I feel so sorry for him. He was alone for most of his life, now he has this burden on his shoulders. I hope Angus was there to back him up.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our Gideon is a very good man, not some love-em-and-leave-em jerk. A guy who, however, had erected an elaborate set of defenses in order to be able to enjoy some sort of social and sex life without having a repeat of how his first relationship ended over a sexual dealbreaker issue.

Gideon tried as best he could to let women know what the deal was. He couldn't help it if the women went nuts for him anyway, but as best as he knew how, he tried to lessen the chance. Poor guy was somewhat clueless though to just how appealing he truly is to women. His rotten self esteem made him feel he wasn't worthy of love, so he must have believed the main appeal he had to other women was his fortune and social standing.

And then ....

.... he fell in love. Had a reason to try to dismantle that old system in order to make a real relationship work.

I don't know where I'm going with this but I don't want Gideon to be as bad as he appears at this point.  I think he is an emotionally immature man with a good heart. 

I completely agree with you. Myself, I don't think that he is a bad man, and I certainly don't want him to be. I do think that all of his intentions, are good, but emotionally, he does have some things to learn. 

I also think that was acting under an extreme amount of stress with the whole Nathan situation. 

Our Gideon is a very good man, not some love-em-and-leave-em jerk. A guy who, however, had erected an elaborate set of defenses in order to be able to enjoy some sort of social and sex life without having a repeat of how his first relationship ended over a sexual dealbreaker issue.

Gideon tried as best he could to let women know what the deal was. He couldn't help it if the women went nuts for him anyway, but as best as he knew how, he tried to lessen the chance. Poor guy was somewhat clueless though to just how appealing he truly is to women. His rotten self esteem made him feel he wasn't worthy of love, so he must have believed the main appeal he had to other women was his fortune and social standing.

And then ....

.... he fell in love. Had a reason to try to dismantle that old system in order to make a real relationship work.

I totally agree. He was dealt a sh*t deck of cards in his life, he overcame obstacles making the best of his life.

I think he needs to be cut some slack, his heart was in the right place. Unfortunately his plans went drastically wrong. Hopefully Eva will see this. She loves her man, he loves her. :)

I totally agree. He was dealt a sh*t deck of cards in his life, he overcame obstacles making the best of his life.

I think he needs to be cut some slack, his heart was in the right place. Unfortunately his plans went drastically wrong. Hopefully Eva will see this. She loves her man, he loves her. :)

His motives for creating a permanent solution to the Nathan danger were pure.

And Eva knows Gideon himself is not a danger to her.

I think most of us can agree though that start to finish, the way Gideon set about handling the whole Nathan situation was one long series of really bad choices.

The main reason his choices turned out badly was because he's a control freak. So each of the choices he made (from keeping Eva in the dark to using Corrine) were made under his delusion that everything would go exactly according to his plan. Real life doesn't work that way, because other people are beyond our control. Gideon learned this the hard way when the parts of his plan involving other people -- like Eva, like the detectives -- spun completely out of his control and blew up in his face.

At this point of the story, Gideons emotions must have been all over the place. The stress he must be under, keeping Eva safe, plus running his business, I feel so sorry for him. He was alone for most of his life, now he has this burden on his shoulders. I hope Angus was there to back him up.

I think Angus would have been there for him all the time :)

And then ....

I'm happy that everyone believes he's a good man.  I was concerned that he was viewed in a negative light and then I started to worry that I was wrong about him.  I love the guy and I'm a brunette, I would be happy with a one night stand in his little s*x pad (before Eva that is). 

I'm happy that everyone believes he's a good man.  I was concerned that he was viewed in a negative light and then I started to worry that I was wrong about him.  I love the guy and I'm a brunette, I would be happy with a one night stand in his little s*x pad (before Eva that is). 

LOL Sharon. There are a few that do have issues with what Gideon has done. I'm not thrilled that he has taken the life of another, but I can understand the fear he had for Eva, and surely Nathan would have always been a threat to her.

::: another brunette raising her hand :::

(and no, Christopher Jr., I'm not interested. You're a poor substitute, and I wouldn't settle for anything less than the best)

;)

::: another brunette raising her hand :::

(and no, Christopher Jr., I'm not interested. You're a poor substitute, and I wouldn't settle for anything less than the best)

;)

Me too, BUT Brett, if you're listening, I'm here for you when Eva doesn't come back to you...

Me too, BUT Brett, if you're listening, I'm here for you when Eva doesn't come back to you...

Hmmmmmm, Brett. 

I might consider a one-night stand there.

Provided, of course, he's open to brunettes. I hope he hasn't developed some sort of blonde fixation.

There's always Arnoldo, too.

Oh and Victor is single. 

Am I missing anyone else?

Hmmmmmm, Brett. 

Provided, of course, he's open to brunettes. I hope he hasn't developed some sort of blonde fixation.

Oh and Victor is single. 

Angus??? Kidding!!!!!!!!! I think he may be too old for me!

Hmmmmmm, Brett. 

Oh and Victor is single. 

CARY. :)

I'd consider Angus. He's in the same age range as Victor -- and he's also a really good guy.

Raul - yep, him too, provided he's available.

Cary - no. Not as a one-night stand, though I'd love to hang out with him platonicaly. He's not single - he's in an on-again-off-again relationship with someone.

Hey gang, Have we found out who  was calling Gideon (in Reflected in You) during the Friday dinner when Eva found out Nathan was in town and also dead?  He got several phonecalls  during that dinner.

Also, the pictures ( I think) the cops found in Nathan's hotel room where pictures of Cary and Eva together (he wouldn't know the relationship between them 'cause Cary came later in her life)  That's why when Cary got attacked the person yelled "keep away from her".  Also he was stalking Eva (hence more photos) and checking her garbage.

Two weeks to go, and hopefully all our questions will be answered  ( or we will have new ones)

I'd consider Angus. He's in the same age range as Victor -- and he's also a really good guy.

Raul - yep, him too, provided he's available.

Cary - no. Not as a one-night stand, though I'd love to hang out with him platonicaly. He's not single - he's in an on-again-off-again relationship with someone.

I would love to have Cary as a friend. He sounds right up my alley. Hanging out with him would be a blast. Lol :)

Hey gang, Have we found out who  was calling Gideon (in Reflected in You) during the Friday dinner when Eva found out Nathan was in town and also dead?  He got several phonecalls  during that dinner.

Also, the pictures ( I think) the cops found in Nathan's hotel room where pictures of Cary and Eva together (he wouldn't know the relationship between them 'cause Cary came later in her life)  That's why when Cary got attacked the person yelled "keep away from her".  Also he was stalking Eva (hence more photos) and checking her garbage.

Two weeks to go, and hopefully all our questions will be answered  ( or we will have new ones)

I think that was his legal team calling him or a source at the police station...

Hey gang, Have we found out who was calling Gideon (in Reflected in You) during the Friday dinner when Eva found out Nathan was in town and also dead? He got several phonecalls during that dinner.

Also, the pictures ( I think) the cops found in Nathan's hotel room where pictures of Cary and Eva together (he wouldn't know the relationship between them 'cause Cary came later in her life) That's why when Cary got attacked the person yelled "keep away from her". Also he was stalking Eva (hence more photos) and checking her garbage.

Two weeks to go, and hopefully all our questions will be answered ( or we will have new ones)

I reckon it was that pesky brunette. Lol :)

Most probably his security team or Angus, warning him the police are looking for him.

Excuse me. I go out for a couple of hours, when I come back your offering your services left, right and centre!!!

Have you no shame you husseys!! :)

I'm blonde going grey, so I will go for Clancy. Lol

He sounds about my age!!

You go out for a couple of hours Julie and the forum gals re offerings services to Brett Angus Cary victor Raul and even Clancy !

I've had to be a work for 8 hours not able to read this.

Playing catch up with the topics !

Think ill have Brett!!