One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

Amid all the Gideon growling and cougar purring, I almost forgot to post my favorite line or paragraph from the Chapter of the Day (Reflected Ch. 8).

How could I, because it's one of the sassiest Eva one-liners EVAH, From page 130

Gimme that coffee. I want to be caffeinated when I kick your a**.

Love this line. Unforgettable (or it nearly was LN Cronan) wink wink lol

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soup-to-nuts? American humour?

I bet it was a close call. I reckon as soon as those photos hit the Internet, Nathan came out from under his rock, going to New York. Still curious how he ended up in a hotel owned by Gideon? Yes I know he owns half of New York. Coincidence?

If Gideon kept the photos and videos that Nathan showed him, I would think Gideon would destroy them, not wanting anyone, especially Eva to ever see them. It would trigger Eva, big time. She hated the thought of Gideon seeing them. Knowing that the police have them, god knows what she thinks, poor girl.

I agree with you there Julie, I doubt Gideon would want Eva to see any evidence that Nathan had over her, it would take her back years of therapy

I agree a few more years and they will always remember it..  Naples is a very nice area, and I live about 40 minutes from the theme parks.

I have not been to Naples, been to Cornwall near where Julie is loved it.

I am going to Orlando next year as well as NYC, :)

It does get oppressive I agree.

Going to New York, next May. Going to look out for a Gideon for myself! :) think I might hang around 5th Avenue. :)

LOL. One of my friends is an author so I have the Cambridge British Dictionary, and I have some site on my computer at home that has popular slang terms.

LOL Kirsten, maybe we should have an american dictionary over here so we can recognise some of the phrases.  Even some of the broader English accents I struggle with, my best friend is from Newcastle and I have to get her to repeat words as I cannot make out what she is saying but then being Scottish I come up with some humdingers and she has to ask me what I am meaning.

Kirsten/Julie - advice required.

I am coming to NY next year, 1st time, so excited but have no idea of where to stay, would like to be near Times Square but also able to get around to do some of the tourist things, any ideas please would be helpful.

Thanks

Sheens :)

Love this line. Unforgettable (or it nearly was LN Cronan) wink wink lol

love this one also, shows a different determined side of Eva and a kind of "don't mess with me Gideon" look on her face - I can imagine 

LOL Kirsten, maybe we should have an american dictionary over here so we can recognise some of the phrases.  Even some of the broader English accents I struggle with, my best friend is from Newcastle and I have to get her to repeat words as I cannot make out what she is saying but then being Scottish I come up with some humdingers and she has to ask me what I am meaning.

I am coming to NY next year, 1st time, so excited but have no idea of where to stay, would like to be near Times Square but also able to get around to do some of the tourist things, any ideas please would be helpful.

Thanks

You can do tons of stuff from the Times Square area. My mom actually just brought her two friends who had never been to NY up there and they stayed at the Hilton (I think I'll ask her and get back to you). I also had friends stay at the Staybridge last year and they liked the hotel and the location. You can take a train or a bus from there fairly easily to other areas of interest. The have the Red bus tours and such that will having you hitting most of the touristy spots. What are you wanting to see when you are there?

LN is in NY I believe, so she could also give you some pointers for your trip. :)

How long will you be in each spot?

Chapter 8 of Reflected in You - The Readers Guide

This chapter starts Wednesday morning (day 23)  and goes through Thursday evening (day 24)

Key plot developments

• Thursday evening, Eva and Gideon had their second couples therapy session with Dr. Petersen. They discuss Gideon having attacked Eva in his sleep on Monday night -- and talk about how she's determined to make the relationship work.
  • Wednesday, he and Eva also discussed how much they want to make the relationship work. They talk over some important things then and there.
  • Gideon announced he plans to take her away the upcoming weekend so they can talk even more.

New characters:

Doug, Shawna's boyfriend, mentioned in passing (minor)

A couple of drama free days

Tuesday night, Gideon and Eva had decided together they were going to fight for the relationship rather than letting their issues drive them apart (his violent nightmares, her tendencies to run away instead of talk things over when she's upset.)

Wednesday and Thursday, covered in this chapter, go well, with them spending their free time at Gideon's place, though Eva now sleeping in her own room there instead of Gideon's bed, per mutual agreement for now.

One of their more important open discussions came Wednesday night, when Gideon admitted he hadn't been allowing Eva to decide for herself she wants to be with him -- and that he's been too cautious about their relationship because of her trauma past, which scares him. Gideon also said he believes  she's unhappy because she's been holding herself back.

Gideon told her, " .... neither of us is typical. And that's OK. Turn off that voice in your head that's screwing you up. Trust me to know what you need, even when you think I'm wrong. And I'll trust your decision to be with me despite my faults." (page 139)

In turn, Eva admitted she's afraid she'll lose herself in him -- lose the healthy part of her she worked so hard to get back.

Gideon vowed he'll never let that happen. "What I want is for us both to feel safe. What you and I have together shouldn't be draining us like this. It should be the one rock-solid thing we both count on." (page 140)

Thursday, the two of them had their second couples therapy session with Dr. Petersen, which went much better than the first (when the pair of them had fought about Corrine's sudden appearance in their lives.)

Tuesday night, Gideon had met with the psychologist individually, and they talked about the latest violent nightmare attack on Eva. Thursday, Eva got her chance to discuss the incident -- and discuss her own rape nightmares. They'd been at bay for at least two years until the recent stress triggered them again.

To their relief, but especially Eva's, Dr. Petersen assures them they can work out. "You and Gideon have a lot to work through, but it's certainly not insurmountable." (page 141)

Weekend plans

Gideon announced he plans to take Eva away for the weekend so they can be alone together, talk some more -- and have plenty of intercourse too, something that'd been on hold that week because of her period.

They also made plans for Friday night, having no way of knowing it would turn into one of the worst major-drama nights of their relationship, perhaps even worse than the night Eva met Corrine.

Her friend Shawna had four tickets to a rock concert that night. Eva had already agreed to go -- and Gideon invited himself along too, though annoying Eva with his over-protectiveness.

Shawna's boyfriend, Doug, is out of the country for the summer, so per Eva's request, Gideon agreed to find one of his friends to come along too. (Eva avoids introducing female friends to Cary, lest his tendency to sexually complicate things cause trouble.)

Eva had never heard of the band Shawna is enthusiastic about, Six-Ninths, which recently has become famous. But Gideon has heard about Six-Ninths -- the band recently signed with Vidal Records.

It would turn out Eva would know the band all too well -- though she knew it under a different name four years ago.

A Chapter A Day Re-Read Project - Today is Chapter 9 of Reflected in You

This chapter unfolds Friday (day 25)

Key plot developments

• In one of the pivotal chapters in the series thus far, Eva unexpectedly came across her ex-boyfriend, Brett, seeing him for the first time in four years. Their talking led to kissing - and in the cliffhanger ending to the chapter, Gideon caught them together. 
  • When Eva had known Brett in San Diego, he was the lead singer of an indie band. Unknown to her -- until she walked into a concert with Gideon and two friends -- Brett's band had changed its name, and had recently become famous.
  • Earlier in the day, Eva went out to lunch with Cary, their first chance to talk in a couple of days, and they discuss Cary's romantic troubles.

After each of us has read Chapter 9, Sylvia would like to know what each of us liked best - either a quote or a paragraph.

You can do tons of stuff from the Times Square area. My mom actually just brought her two friends who had never been to NY up there and they stayed at the Hilton (I think I'll ask her and get back to you). I also had friends stay at the Staybridge last year and they liked the hotel and the location. You can take a train or a bus from there fairly easily to other areas of interest. The have the Red bus tours and such that will having you hitting most of the touristy spots. What are you wanting to see when you are there?

LN is in NY I believe, so she could also give you some pointers for your trip. :)

How long will you be in each spot?

Thanks Kirsten, that is a great help, will ask LN as well.

We may only be in NY for about 3 days as we are heading up to LA and my hubby wants to do a fly drive to Las Vegas and San Francisco but we have been there fore so I am trying to stay longer in NY, we will then fly to Memphis as he is a huge Elvis fan and then meeting up with family who will be holidaying in Orlando for the last few days of our holiday.  In total we will be in USA for about 13 days

Sheens xx

Thanks Kirsten, that is a great help, will ask LN as well.

We may only be in NY for about 3 days as we are heading up to LA and my hubby wants to do a fly drive to Las Vegas and San Francisco but we have been there fore so I am trying to stay longer in NY, we will then fly to Memphis as he is a huge Elvis fan and then meeting up with family who will be holidaying in Orlando for the last few days of our holiday.  In total we will be in USA for about 13 days

Sheens xx

I also live in NY and golfergrirl lives in the city.   My hubby and I got engaged in San Francisco.

Thanks

Hi Sheens

I stayed a the Crowne Plaza on Times Square. Lovely hotel.

Next year I'm quite open to an invitation to a certain apartment on 5th Avenue! ;)