One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

Something I wanted to bring up regarding the day that Gideon first saw Eva... I know Andie had mentioned in an earlier post that the way Eva tilted her head back and looked up at The Crossfire brought back a memory Gideon may have had about his dad....I disagree. I think at that moment with the sun reflecting off her blonde hair and Eva looking up at the Crossfire with a gleam in her eye actually made Gideon picture an ANGEL... I mean of course Eva was beautiful and shapely in her yoga pants but I believe Gideon saw her with a glow about her just like he did when she came out of the shower in Chapter 1 of EWY...I bring this up because I have often wondered why he went in the building after her... He most assuredly came across many a beautiful blonde in his lifetime. I really do think he had been wishing or praying for someone to come into his life and "love" him so to speak. When he told Eva that he must have wished for her so hard and so often she had no choice but to come true I believe him. Right there in front of his building in that moment his ANGEL appeared and he went in after her to see if she was really indeed meant for him. It was in that moment that the brunettes were banished forever and it really was love at first sight...What do you all think?

Oh I'm loving your theory. That would totally make sense. I always said it was love at first sight for him, hitting him like a thunderbolt! Breaking the brunette spell.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH YEAH! I'm happy we are "on the same page"!!!

and if this makes us "cougars",  well ... ROAR!!!! :):):)

Bless you!

You sound very young, nice to know you have joined us cougars. Purrrrrrrr!!

If we were lionesses, we would belong to Gideons pride! Purrrrrr!

Gideons sense of humour, or rather lack of it.

It a shame he is so serious, we have never really seen a playful happy side to this man. Only once or twice does Eva mention about him laughing or chuckling, or at the restaurant with Arnoldo.

His character is so sad (understandable given his life) he needs a shot of happiness into his veins. Eva will help him recover but I can't see this happening anytime soon.

Hi KiMa,

I am sorry I couldn't find your original posting so I am posting a response to your questions about Fifty Shades of Grey and SD's books.  I also read Fifty Shades of Grey and it appears that there are similarities between the two storylines in that the issue of food is mentioned.

On one hand, we have the Christian character who insisted on controlling Anastasia to the point of trying to dictate what she ate.  Ultimately that issue died a painful death because Anastasia put her foot down and made that a deal breaker.

Anastasia never saw food as a pleasure but more of a means to an end.  She ate to sustain life and often times the action of eating was merely an after-thought.

Whereas, Eva takes pleasure in the act of eating.  Gideon never had an issue with what food and how much food Eva consumed or he never sought that much control over Eva and her body.  Therefore Eva was able to exert her own will over what she would ultimately consume or allow into her body.

The act of eating can be extremely pleasurable and as such the diner might get an unguarded glimpse into what kind of pleasure someone might derive from just the act of eating.  I think that Gideon and Arnoldo were inadvertently turned on by Eva’s moans and groans of pleasure (Gideon-because he has heard Eva’s pleasured moans before and Arnoldo-because he may have cooked the food that Eva was enjoying so much).  Just my thoughts…

::: raising hand to say I remember Watergate too -- as a young girl ::::

Which officially puts me into cougar category here. 

Journalists especially like to slap "gate" on the name of someone or something to brand the thing scandalous. Deanna Johnson is going for "Gideongate."

I was still in my mum's tummy then, born the year after, I remember my dad talking about it but sorry, don't remember the event LOL, :)

The act of eating can be extremely pleasurable and as such the diner might get an unguarded glimpse into what kind of pleasure someone might derive from just the act of eating.  I think that Gideon and Arnoldo were inadvertently turned on by Eva’s moans and groans of pleasure (Gideon-because he has heard Eva’s pleasured moans before and Arnoldo-because he may have cooked the food that Eva was enjoying so much).  Just my thoughts…

My last post, as I'm off to work now.

What a romantic thought.

I love how Gideon and Arnoldo have a good friendship, bantering in Italian, but I think Gideon is just a bit insecure where Arnoldo is concerned, because when Arnoldo kissed Eva on the lips when they first met, Gideon shot him a veiled warning!

Bless him, he's insecure about every man that comes within five feet of Eva .

Well, here's the comment from the chick that got her copy of EWY in Norway yesterday:

T J: (I removed her name)
Just finished reading EWY... and in my opinion the wait for book 4 is going to be more of a torture than the wait for EWY

Ugh!

Well, here's the comment from the chick that got her copy of EWY in Norway yesterday:

Just finished reading EWY... and in my opinion the wait for book 4 is going to be more of a torture than the wait for EWY

Ugh!

Thanks Kirsten, still don't don't get how and why she got her copy so soon.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The act of eating can be extremely pleasurable and as such the diner might get an unguarded glimpse into what kind of pleasure someone might derive from just the act of eating.  I think that Gideon and Arnoldo were inadvertently turned on by Eva’s moans and groans of pleasure (Gideon-because he has heard Eva’s pleasured moans before and Arnoldo-because he may have cooked the food that Eva was enjoying so much).  Just my thoughts

Good morning again GiGi!

the link between sex and food has been covered by extensive literature in every genre. It's a well-known fact that men love watching a woman eat because of the sexual undertones of the act, So, for once, we can say DIETING IS A B**CH aloud and clear!!!:)

Ugh!

I'm green with envy, red with anger.... I could go through the whole rainbow!!! lol

Ugh!

I'm being an optimist here that Entwined ends on an upbeat mood just like Bared to You did .... and leaves us all wanting to read more happy parts.

The yo-yo pattern of good-bad that applies to how many of the chapters follow one another could apply to the books themselves

Bared to You ends on upbeat with Eva and Gideon in a good place (ah for only a night though)

Reflected in You ends on an upbeat note (Eva goes back to Gideon) but with them in a dark place (because of the killing)

Entwined with You ends on an upbeat note with them in a good place ???????

Ugh!

Oh no, does that mean we are going to have another cliff hanger and wait months for the next book, this is going to be a nightmare ladies

I'm being an optimist here that Entwined ends on an upbeat mood just like Bared to You did .... and leaves us all wanting to read more happy parts.

The yo-yo pattern of good-bad that applies to how many of the chapters follow one another could apply to the books themselves

Bared to You ends on upbeat with Eva and Gideon in a good place (ah for only a night though)

Reflected in You ends on an upbeat note (Eva goes back to Gideon) but with them in a dark place (because of the killing)

Entwined with You ends on an upbeat note with them in a good place ???????

fingers crossed LN that is all we can hope for.

So annoying though we still have a couple of weeks to wait and Norway have theirs already :(

Gideons sense of humour, or rather lack of it.

It a shame he is so serious, we have never really seen a playful happy side to this man. Only once or twice does Eva mention about him laughing or chuckling, or at the restaurant with Arnoldo.

His character is so sad (understandable given his life) he needs a shot of happiness into his veins. Eva will help him recover but I can't see this happening anytime soon.

Good morning Julie!!

Sense of humour is something you are either born with or sorely lacking for all your life. I'm sure Gedeon will find out he's got some deep inside his troubled soul!!! I could also feel his enjoying Eva's crusade in his behalf... he was really amused by the image of New Eva confronting all those who had hurted him in the past like a modern Fury!!!

Oh no, does that mean we are going to have another cliff hanger and wait months for the next book, this is going to be a nightmare ladies

I'LL BE DIAGNOSED ATYPICAL READING PARASOMNIA!!!!!!!!! lol

My last post, as I'm off to work now.

What a romantic thought.

I love how Gideon and Arnoldo have a good friendship, bantering in Italian, but I think Gideon is just a bit insecure where Arnoldo is concerned, because when Arnoldo kissed Eva on the lips when they first met, Gideon shot him a veiled warning!

Bless him, he's insecure about every man that comes within five feet of Eva .

Maybe Arnoldo is also known around town as a "ladies"man ...

This is Chap. 10 day, isn't it?

Good afternoon! (And good morning in the States.) Yep .... I was just getting to the daily reminder. Because .... drum roll please .... it is the Really Hot Limo Sex re-read today!

A Chapter A Day Re-Read Project - Today is Chapter 10 of Reflected in You

This chapter starts Friday night (day 25) and goes through Saturday morning (day 26)

Key plot developments

• Gideon has two big fights in this chapter - one literal and one figurative
  • The literal fight is a serious with Brett, whom Gideon attacks after catching Eva and Brett passionately kissing. Physically a match for one another, both men fight hard.
  • The figurative fight is with Eva afterward, when he uses sex to punish her in a sex-fueled argument over what prompted her to give in to desire for her ex.

After each of us has read Chapter 10, Sylvia would like to know what each of us liked best - either a quote or a paragraph.