One Chapter A Day - Re-Read Of Bared and Entwined

LN Cronan

Well, we know Gideon is Mr. Clueless with relationships, but it doesn't excuse what he has done totally. Reading that scene made my heart break for poor Eva, I can only imagine how hearing it is going to be. Where have you guys downloaded it from?

I got mine from iTunes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we know Gideon is Mr. Clueless with relationships, but it doesn't excuse what he has done totally. Reading that scene made my heart break for poor Eva, I can only imagine how hearing it is going to be. Where have you guys downloaded it from?

Just to say, too, listen while reading the book.

Jill Redfield is really good when Eva gets upset.

Couldn't resist, carried on to the next chapter, with the limo ride, and the orgy!

Just wished there was a guys voice doing Gideon.

Hearing the whole Fundraiser Fiasco on audiobook, listening to what each of the women says (Eva, Magdalene, Corrine) makes what unfolded in Chapter Twenty a whole lot more significant -- and a whole lot worse. It makes it understandable why Eva became such a hot mess in Reflected over what happened that final night of Bared to You. Because she was hit very hard when Corrine blindsided her, and Gideon's attempt to control the situation only served to make matters a whole lot worse.

What he ought to have done is left with Eva as soon as he spotted Corrine, gone some place quiet with Eva, and explain to her that he had a former fiancee, one he's been talking to recently via trans-Atlantic phone calls because she's in crisis, and she's decided to move back to New York.

Corrine was very subtle with her catty comments to Eva. Magdalene became Eva's shoulder to cry on. Listening made me see her in a different light.

I got mine from audible.com -- because I listen to a lot of audiobooks, I have a membership plan with audible that makes it a lot less expensive to buy audiobooks. I listen to them on my iPod.

Note: you do NOT need an iPod or similar MP3 player to listen to the audiobooks from either iTunes or audible. You can listen to them on your computer. Also, you do NOT need to buy from iTunes in order to be able to play the audiobooks on an iPod -- audible works on iPods.

Couldn't resist, carried on to the next chapter, with the limo ride, and the orgy!

The part in Reflected where Jill Redfield narrates the break-up telephone call Eva placed to Gideon is guaranteed to make you cry.

I downloaded my audio books from Itunes but you can get them on Audible.com I think it is called

The part in Reflected where Jill Redfield narrates the break-up telephone call Eva placed to Gideon is guaranteed to make you cry.

Oh my god!

I'm a blubbering mess!:(

I have just listened to the part where the detectives arrive, to the break up.

That was so sad, so painful, you can feel the hurt from both of them. If they make it into a film or series, a tissue company should sponsor them. :(

Dear god, if they don't have a HEA I think Sylvia will hear me scream in California.

so would I Julie, I think a mans voice would give the books more substance

Oh my god!

I'm a blubbering mess!:(

I have just listened to the part where the detectives arrive, to the break up.

That was so sad, so painful, you can feel the hurt from both of them. If they make it into a film or series, a tissue company should sponsor them. :(

Dear god, if they don't have a HEA I think Sylvia will hear me scream in California.

Thanks for all the audio site info ladies. I've never listened to a book so I'll let you know how it goes.

Julie there will be a HEA, Sylvia won't let us down.

Corrine was very subtle with her catty comments to Eva. Magdalene became Eva's shoulder to cry on. Listening made me see her in a different light.

This does not surprise me because the more I reread this part of the book the more I get pi$$ed at Gideon and wonder why we are feeling sorry for him at all at this point....that was such a horrible evening for Eva and this evening was so close to the time after she comforted him after he attacked her...he knows she is his safe place why oh why did he treat her this way ; especially at the dinner table that is the part that angers me the most . The way he cut her off that nite is as bad as when he cut her off at the Advocacy dinner but much more humiliating since it was witnessed by Corinne herself, Magdalene, and none other than Dr. Lucas. And then not more than 2 weeks later he's pulling the same stunt with Corinne again dropping Eva after the beautiful weekend they spent together in NC and humiliating her once again by her becoming tabloid fodder... As I say again, if Eva weren't so broken would she really want a man like that ? I dont even think the brunettes would want him after a few stunts like that. Gideon has a long way to go in our(the readers') eyes also... It is to the point I skip over this part in the book when I reread because it just doesn't make me feel good...

I downloaded my audio books from Itunes but you can get them on Audible.com I think it is called

I preordered the audiobooks for EWY. Can't wait to try it out since I have never listened before. It will make my commute to work a lot more exciting LOL :)

Hello Ladies from Italy!!

Here's what I liked most in Chap. 20:

1) I spend a QUARTER of every day inside you. When you set limits outside I can't help but see them as arbitrary.

2) I've always seen you, angel. From the moment you found me, I've seen nothing but you.

3) Us girls have to stick together.(HA!!!!!!)

Readind your remarks on the audiobooks had me thinking how much more fascinating it would be to listen to Gedeon, Eva and Cary's voices...... I must have them!!!

CIAO

I preordered the audiobooks for EWY. Can't wait to try it out since I have never listened before. It will make my commute to work a lot more exciting LOL :)

It is funny though when you are listening to the audio while going to work as I do as when something nice happens you have this big smile on your face and people driving next to you just give you one of those looks wondering what you are smiling at, even when it is a Monday lol :)

Gedeon's behaviour at the Waldorf-Astoria dinner on Wednesday makes more sense to me if I think he might be already setting into motion his plans to get rid of Nathan.

Maybe I'm just groping after whatever excuses for him...

It is funny though when you are listening to the audio while going to work as I do as when something nice happens you have this big smile on your face and people driving next to you just give you one of those looks wondering what you are smiling at, even when it is a Monday lol :)

He*l, when you get a steamy s*x scene with this pair, I've got a big grin, and blushing! Makes the walk to work worthwhile. :)

Gedeon's behaviour at the Waldorf-Astoria dinner on Wednesday makes more sense to me if I think he might be already setting into motion his plans to get rid of Nathan.

I have thought of that but I just don't think it's the case I think he just didn't have empathy for Eva just as he said at the beach house he thought she was over reacting...

What's worse about what happened at the Waldorf was it was the second time Gideon stupidly mistreated Eva at a high society event.

Eva was numb the first night she appeared in public with Gideon, but she noticed the second time (the Waldorf) that everyone was staring at them -- staring at Gideon the celebrity, obviously.

So that whole fiasco at the dinner table, from Eva sitting there miserable to Lucas insulting Gideon in sight of everyone there, would have been noticed. In fact, people would have noticed Gideon dragged Eva out of there just before dinner. They'd naturally assume she and Gideon went somewhere to fight. They'd have seen her leave the dinner alone, walking out on Gideon. The prior week, they'd seen Gideon leave alone, walking out on her.

Honestly, in high society circles, Gideon's come across as a total jerk to Eva. No wonder Deanna Johnson believes Gideon was simply using Eva to make Corrine come back.

I don't think people knew who the beautiful brunette was, not that night, not unless someone remembered Corrine from society circles. Gideon had been a nobody years ago when he'd been Corrine's boyfriend and then fiance. And she'd just come back to New York that week after having been overseas for many years.

Fast forward to the media frenzy later that summer when Gideon started taking Corrine out again. From the get-go, the tabloids knew exactly who she was. It's obvious Gideon made sure the info was leaked. The press had to get it right and get it right away -- Nathan was out there in a postal mood, and too much was riding on leaving to chance that it meant nothing Gideon was sitting with some woman other than Eva at a restaurant on a Monday night.

Deanna Johnson has probably got a notebook full of interviews from high society attention w**** to dinner waiters at the Waldorf about how much of a jerk Gideon really was to his "supposed" girlfriend -- don't let those red carpet pictures of her looking gorgeous in a red gown and seriously sexy in a white cocktail dress fool you. Truth of the matter is he's past the cameras, he's pretty disrespectful.

She probably thinks Gideon staged the two candid of their passionate kisses - the one on the sidewalk near the gym and their argument make-up kisses in Bryant Park.

BUT ..... and I've mentioned this before. This unfortunate series of events where Gideon stupidly made mistakes in front of crowds twice can come in handy if needed in case of emergency. It can bolster his cover that he supposedly never loved Eva. And now that Eva knows the truth, she'd be OK with that. In her own bed the first night of Entwined, she got all the proof she needed Gideon loves her -- and Gideon belongs to her.

Sylvia has told us exactly when Gideon started the part of his Nathan plan that included hurting Eva -- it started after their romantic getaway to North Carolina. It started when they got back and Gideon found out Nathan was the one who half-beat Cary to death.

The Waldorf was just more stupidity on the part of Mr. Clueless Who Keeps Screwing Up. It also was his bad in that he was trying to control the whole situation -- was trying to control Corrine in order to prevent Eva from getting hurt. Hah! Idiot!!!!

One thing that does bother me though is Gideon sneaking into Eva's apartment in the middle of the night, that week he started deliberately hurting her, to try to soothe her by making love to her for hours. Soothe her even though the very next day, he was going to act like she didn't existed in the middle of an important business meeting and then was going to take Corrine to that party, making sure he got photographed looking like he and Corrine were intimate. Gideon, Gideon, Gideon -- still thinking making love to Eva is the cure for her insecurities. What he did that Wednesday night in a way constitutes a so-called "mercy f***" -- slang for having sex with someone fully intending to let them down afterward.

Deanna Johnson has probably got a notebook full of interviews from high society attention w**** to dinner waiters at the Waldorf about how much of a jerk Gideon really was to his "supposed" girlfriend -- don't let those red carpet pictures of her looking gorgeous in a red gown and seriously sexy in a white cocktail dress fool you. Truth of the matter is he's past the cameras, he's pretty disrespectful.

She probably thinks Gideon staged the two candid of their passionate kisses - the one on the sidewalk near the gym and their argument make-up kisses in Bryant Park.

BUT ..... and I've mentioned this before. This unfortunate series of events where Gideon stupidly made mistakes in front of crowds twice can come in handy if needed in case of emergency. It can bolster his cover that he supposedly never loved Eva. And now that Eva knows the truth, she'd be OK with that. In her own bed the first night of Entwined, she got all the proof she needed Gideon loves her -- and Gideon belongs to her.

I was wondering how long Deanna has been building a story against Gideon. Does she know about his dark past through experiencing some situation or hearsay from Dr Lucas perhaps? Someone or something has started the ball rolling.

Sylvia has told us exactly when Gideon started the part of his Nathan plan that included hurting Eva -- it started after their romantic getaway to North Carolina. It started when they got back and Gideon found out Nathan was the one who half-beat Cary to death.

The Waldorf was just more stupidity on the part of Mr. Clueless Who Keeps Screwing Up. It also was his bad in that he was trying to control the whole situation -- was trying to control Corrine in order to prevent Eva from getting hurt. Hah! Idiot!!!!

One thing that does bother me though is Gideon sneaking into Eva's apartment in the middle of the night, that week he started deliberately hurting her, to try to soothe her by making love to her for hours. Soothe her even though the very next day, he was going to act like she didn't existed in the middle of an important business meeting and then was going to take Corrine to that party, making sure he got photographed looking like he and Corrine were intimate. Gideon, Gideon, Gideon -- still thinking making love to Eva is the cure for her insecurities. What he did that Wednesday night in a way constitutes a so-called "mercy f***" -- slang for having sex with someone fully intending to let them down afterward.

That was what Cary said to Eva after the all nighter. That was downright callous.

He wants space to screw up. Is the universe big enough Gideon?

I was wondering how long Deanna has been building a story against Gideon. Does she know about his dark past through experiencing some situation or hearsay from Dr Lucas perhaps? Someone or something has started the ball rolling.

I'm convinced Dr. Lucas is the one who suggested to Deanna that she go after Eva. Lucas probably hoped Eva would jump at a chance to hurt Gideon in revenge, and Lucas figured Eva could be a treasure trove of dirt.

By the way, I think Lucas suggested Deanna go after Eva BEFORE he suddenly got surprised by Eva coming after him. Eva showed up in his office on Tuesday morning, making accusations of her suspicions Lucas covered up Gideon's sexual abuse. Deanna probably was already working on the story and just hadn't gotten around to seeing Eva until Wednesday night.

I'm convinced Dr. Lucas is the one who suggested to Deanna that she go after Eva. Lucas probably hoped Eva would jump at a chance to hurt Gideon in revenge, and Lucas figured Eva could be a treasure trove of dirt.

By the way, I think Lucas suggested Deanna go after Eva BEFORE he suddenly got surprised by Eva coming after him. Eva showed up in his office on Tuesday morning, making accusations of her suspicions Lucas covered up Gideon's sexual abuse. Deanna probably was already working on the story and just hadn't gotten around to seeing Eva until Wednesday night.

it was the comment she used, that Dr Lucas also used that Eva picked up on. Do you think it is coincidence? I don't.

I think Lucas has loaded the gun for Deanna to fire.

it was the comment she used, that Dr Lucas also used that Eva picked up on. Do you think it is coincidence? I don't.

I think Lucas has loaded the gun for Deanna to fire.

Great way of phrasing it -- loaded the gun for Deanna to fire.

Deanna is working on Gideon's dark past. Lucas is convinced Gideon is a sociopath. Gideon sexually used Lucas' own wife, earning Lucas' deep enmity. Lucas has some connection to Gideon's family -- had something to do with the reasons why Gideon will have next to nothing to do with his family. So Lucas probably knows something about the fact Gideon had mental health problems when he was young.

Lucas has good reason to want to paint Gideon as a man who emotionally abuses women for fun because Gideon is seriously disturbed, has always been disturbed. 1. Lucas firmly believes this is true. 2. Lucas wants revenge.

Great way of phrasing it -- loaded the gun for Deanna to fire.

Deanna is working on Gideon's dark past. Lucas is convinced Gideon is a sociopath. Gideon sexually used Lucas' own wife, earning Lucas' deep enmity. Lucas has some connection to Gideon's family -- had something to do with the reasons why Gideon will have next to nothing to do with his family. So Lucas probably knows something about the fact Gideon had mental health problems when he was young.

Lucas has good reason to want to paint Gideon as a man who emotionally abuses women for fun because Gideon is seriously disturbed, has always been disturbed. 1. Lucas firmly believes this is true. 2. Lucas wants revenge.

Gideons mental health issues came about after his dads death. What the child was suffering was grief. Which takes on different forms of behaviour. This helpless child, who I think witnessed his dad death, needed love and affection.

To label him as having mental health issues is barbaric.

I'm sure his mother is the root of his problems, perhaps she shot Geoffrey. Who knows. O yeah Sylvia does.