Entwined With You- Chapter One

If Victor does find out Gideon killed Nathan, a distinct possibility if Graves does another one of her spill-the-beans stunts, then Victor will face an awful choice:

The police officer in him, sworn to uphold the law, would never want Gideon to get away with murder - premeditated murder at that, the worst kind of killing. And Victor would be even more horrified at the thought of Eva colluding to help cover up the crime after the fact, something that could expose her to a charge of accessory after the fact to first degree murder.

The father in him, whose desire to protect his own child would know no bounds, could view the situation as Nathan having gotten away with raping Eva -- a short stint in a psychiatric hospital instead of decades in a prison. Like Gideon, he could also view the situation as Nathan would have gotten away with murder if he had killed Eva -- he'd have gone right through the lather-rinse-repeat of being sent to a hospital, not a prison, found mentally incompetent to stand trial.

It's obvious to me which side of Victor would win out in the end. I can see Victor thanking Gideon for saving Eva's life. And I'll bet Victor would wish he'd been the one to plunge that knife into Nathan himself.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now THAT's a possibility. Perhaps it could play out:

• Gideon dumps Corrine
  • Gideon starts seeing Eva again
  • Eva tells Cary that she's sick of being part of the paparazzi obsession with Gideon's lovelife - so she's refusing to be seen in public with him right now
  • Eva swears Cary to secrecy, begging him to not spread the gossip in the modeling circles he moves in -- lest the gossip get out to some photographer who will start stalking Eva in order to catch a photo of her with Gideon

Because as long as Cary still thinks Gideon is some stone cold heartbreaker, at the very least Cary will be trying to matchmake Brett and Eva. But even more dire, if Deanna Johnson gets hold of Cary while Cary is still angry over what Cross did to "baby girl" then Cary could jump at a chance to help a reporter seriously smear Gideon Cross.

Eva seriously needs to tell Cary something, only from the point that it will put their friendship in peril if he spills the beans about Gideon, thus hurting Eva. She doesn't want to become piggy in the middle. She loves both these guys. It would devastate her, to have to make a choice.

If Victor does find out Gideon killed Nathan, a distinct possibility if Graves does another one of her spill-the-beans stunts, then Victor will face an awful choice:

The police officer in him, sworn to uphold the law, would never want Gideon to get away with murder - premeditated murder at that, the worst kind of killing. And Victor would be even more horrified at the thought of Eva colluding to help cover up the crime after the fact, something that could expose her to a charge of accessory after the fact to first degree murder.

The father in him, whose desire to protect his own child would know no bounds, could view the situation as Nathan having gotten away with raping Eva -- a short stint in a psychiatric hospital instead of decades in a prison. Like Gideon, he could also view the situation as Nathan would have gotten away with murder if he had killed Eva -- he'd have gone right through the lather-rinse-repeat of being sent to a hospital, not a prison, found mentally incompetent to stand trial.

It's obvious to me which side of Victor would win out in the end. I can see Victor thanking Gideon for saving Eva's life. And I'll bet Victor would wish he'd been the one to plunge that knife into Nathan himself.

You thought the same as me. This will only play out though if Victor is told about Eva's rape. Then as a cop events will fall into place.

This waiting is mental cruelty, can we sue the publishers? Lol

The publishers are going out of their way now to be good to us Crossfire fans. Who do you think is footing the bill to make it possible for Sylvia to live her dream of meeting fans -- fans around the world? From the whirlwind of events in and around New York City next month to the upcoming trip to Australia? That's not coming out of her pockets - that's coming out of the Penguin Books PR budget.

The publishers are going out of their way now to be good to us Crossfire fans. Who do you think is footing the bill to make it possible for Sylvia to live her dream of meeting fans -- fans around the world? From the whirlwind of events in and around New York City next month to the upcoming trip to Australia? That's not coming out of her pockets - that's coming out of the Penguin Books PR budget.

They love us. We love Sylvia for giving us Gideon and Eva. Just hoping Penquin let's her come to England, she would be treated like royalty by her fans.

Got to give it to them, apart from their blunder over the dates, their promoting of the book is brilliant. Sylvia's Facebook page, these pages, have kept us going, the publicity, and we will do it all again, waiting patiently for book 4 & 5 :)

Actually I now know Gideon meant, when he said he felt like he was under siege and can't concentrate, I think we all feel the same. Every spare minute lately I think of these two.

You know it's been no secret that readers were incredibly frustrated by the delays with EWY. There has been a lot of backlash for Sylvia, and I've seen my share of nasty comments to her about it. Ultimately it is Penguin who decides when this book is going to be released. Having said all this I have a question for you LN... I saw this FB post last night and wondered about it: 

: Are you going with the same publisher for rest of the crossfire series?

•  
  • 592182_19367188456_141938731_q.jpg

Sylvia Day I can't comment on that at this time.
    Like · Reply · 10 hours

I'm not sure I have ever seen a series go from one publisher to another mid series. But if there wasn't a doubt about it, why not just say yes?

You know it's been no secret that readers were incredibly frustrated by the delays with EWY. There has been a lot of backlash for Sylvia, and I've seen my share of nasty comments to her about it. Ultimately it is Penguin who decides when this book is going to be released. Having said all this I have a question for you LN... I saw this FB post last night and wondered about it: 

: Are you going with the same publisher for rest of the crossfire series?

•  

Like · Reply · 10 hours

I'm not sure I have ever seen a series go from one publisher to another mid series. But if there wasn't a doubt about it, why not just say yes?

Bless her, her hands were tied.

Probably the less said about it the better.

: Are you going with the same publisher for rest of the crossfire series?[/b

•  

Like · Reply · 10 hours

Well I hope Penguin is kissing her arse and they need to kiss ours too LOL!!!

Well for a start, Eva's going to be walking around with a big grin on her face after her s* xy time with Gideon!

But she has reservations. She has to learn to trust him again.

I think she will throw herself into her work, and have a carefully worded chat with Cary, about Deanna. Cary needs to know that she approached Eva.

I've forgotten what day of the week we are on. If its Wednesday, it's normally lunch with Mark and Steven. They will lift her spirits. :)

Well for a start, Eva's going to be walking around with a big grin on her face after her s* xy time with Gideon!

But she has reservations. She has to learn to trust him again.

I think she will throw herself into her work, and have a carefully worded chat with Cary, about Deanna. Cary needs to know that she approached Eva.

I've forgotten what day of the week we are on. If its Wednesday, it's normally lunch with Mark and Steven. They will lift her spirits. :)

We are currently on a Wednesday night. I hope Eva does mention Deena to Cary cause that could get all kinds of messy.

Let's Julie. What do you think happens in the rest of Chapter 2?

My guess - Gideon will cry his eyes out, like he had the night he'd attacked Eva in one of his dreams. Cry for how much he hurt her eyes wide open. Cry in relief that just like then, she's not going to run. The fact she still loves him even with blood on his hands I think will finally get through that thick, insecure skull of his -- he's worthy of love, of her love.

Then they'll have a long-overdue talk about Corrine -- and about Brett too.

Next, they'll talk about what they're going to handle things in the immediate future. This time, Eva the cops daughter is going to be calling the shots on how they can be together without giving Detective Graves any more ammo than Graves already has. And Eva will warn him about Deanna Johnson.

Once all that's taken care of, they'll screw like feral bunnies until dawn. They've lot a lot of pent up sexual frustration to burn off.

My guess - Gideon will cry his eyes out, like he had the night he'd attacked Eva in one of his dreams. Cry for how much he hurt her eyes wide open. Cry in relief that just like then, she's not going to run. The fact she still loves him even with blood on his hands I think will finally get through that thick, insecure skull of his -- he's worthy of love, of her love.

Then they'll have a long-overdue talk about Corrine -- and about Brett too.

Next, they'll talk about what they're going to handle things in the immediate future. This time, Eva the cops daughter is going to be calling the shots on how they can be together without giving Detective Graves any more ammo than Graves already has. And Eva will warn him about Deanna Johnson.

Once all that's taken care of, they'll screw like feral bunnies until dawn. They've lot a lot of pent up sexual frustration to burn off.

I really am so desperate for that talk LN. I am also hoping Eva starts calling some of the shots. I feel like Gideon has screwed this up royally.

From Gideons pov.

The last line said he would treasure her until his last breath. He has to believe in himself, understand that what they have is precious, and he is deserving of her love. Entrusting himself to her will take their love to a whole new level for him.

I think( well I hope) Victor will investigate Nathan once back in California. He's not stupid he has not only cop but a father's intuition he knows Eva was seriously freaked out and he wants to know why. Once he figures out what Nathan did to Eva hes going to be furious but I don't think he will confront Eva. As a cop he will know that as a rape/child abuse victim Eva might shut down and not talk to him if he confronts her. I think he will come back to NYC and go straight to Monica and Stanton basically demanding info and an explantation why he wasn't told about his daughter. I definitely think he will blame Monica for neglect but more importantly for lying to him. He will feel betrayed because if he had known he could have helped Eva more( even though he has done far better than Monica since he was the one that got Eva into therapy with Dr. Travis) but he will feel it just wasn't enough. I think Victor will contact NYPD and Detective Graves to find out where the murder investigation stands. Graves most likely will tell him her therory about Gideon. Victor will go to Gideon to see if its true but will figure Gideon won't tell. I think the conversation between Gideon and Victor will be in hypotheticals. Gideon won't openly admit to anything and will just answer Victor hypothetical questions with hypothetical answers.

I think( well I hope) Victor will investigate Nathan once back in California. He's not stupid he has not only cop but a father's intuition he knows Eva was seriously freaked out and he wants to know why. Once he figures out what Nathan did to Eva hes going to be furious but I don't think he will confront Eva. As a cop he will know that as a rape/child abuse victim Eva might shut down and not talk to him if he confronts her. I think he will come back to NYC and go straight to Monica and Stanton basically demanding info and an explantation why he wasn't told about his daughter. I definitely think he will blame Monica for neglect but more importantly for lying to him. He will feel betrayed because if he had known he could have helped Eva more( even though he has done far better than Monica since he was the one that got Eva into therapy with Dr. Travis) but he will feel it just wasn't enough. I think Victor will contact NYPD and Detective Graves to find out where the murder investigation stands. Graves most likely will tell him her therory about Gideon. Victor will go to Gideon to see if its true but will figure Gideon won't tell. I think the conversation between Gideon and Victor will be in hypotheticals. Gideon won't openly admit to anything and will just answer Victor hypothetical questions with hypothetical answers.

I can live with that theory. But Monica will probably do her woe is me impression. She is all about image. Then Eva will find out and feel guilty some more. Poor girl can she ever escape?