Entwined With You- Chapter One

I have a question. 

Does anyone know anything about the publishing business?  Sylvia said she is halfway through Book 4.  If it takes 2 or 3 more months for her to finish (I don't know if that is reasonable since she has so many other books in the works) how long does it take for a finished manuscript to get to the publisher & then to market?  I know ETY is not the norm this has taken way too long.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bared to You and Reflected in You both ended in cliff-hangers, but good ones

End of Bared to You - Gideon managed to (at least for that night) lay to rest Eva's insecurities, by telling her the truth about his true past history with Corrine.

End of Reflected in You - Eva learned the truth about why Gideon pushed her away, and she ran back to him.

That's why I'm thinking its not going to be good. :(

There's still a lot of baggage, and it's only been 2 weeks!!

Saying a little prayer here.

I'm hoping he'll be finished at the end of Entwined hauling the skeletons out of his closet. An ugly stinking mess will be out in the daylight, sitting there in a pile, but the happy ending will be he knows he'll get better, Eva alongside him forever. He'll figure out that yes, some things in life broke him -- but he's not broken beyond repair.

I'm hoping he'll be finished at the end of Entwined hauling the skeletons out of his closet. An ugly stinking mess will be out in the daylight, sitting there in a pile, but the happy ending will be he knows he'll get better, Eva alongside him forever. He'll figure out that yes, some things in life broke him -- but he's not broken beyond repair.

I agree

. Between them they will heal each other. They are each others drug. :)

I have a question.

Does anyone know anything about the publishing business? Sylvia said she is halfway through Book 4. If it takes 2 or 3 more months for her to finish (I don't know if that is reasonable since she has so many other books in the works) how long does it take for a finished manuscript to get to the publisher & then to market? I know ETY is not the norm this has taken way too long.

SD said it would be up to them. But she will do her part and have the book in by the deadline..! She says she's almost done writing book 4 so maybe we won't have to wait that long for it..! I'm assuming well get it after, Afterburn but MAYBE before Aftershock.. And the 5th book at some point next year..!? ( just guessing)

SD said it would be up to them. But she will do her part and have the book in by the deadline..! She says she's almost done writing book 4 so maybe we won't have to wait that long for it..! I'm assuming well get it after, Afterburn but MAYBE before Aftershock.. And the 5th book at some point next year..!? ( just guessing)

I would love to have the skill and imagination to tell stories like this.  I admire good writers.

That's why we've got to start some kind of petition on Peguins website or something. B/c if SD is done w/ #4 soon, we've got to make sure it gets released soon! Lol..She's always said that she doesn't control the release dates and if we have a problem, we should complain to Peguin, not her. Sooo...who wants to get it started ? I'm not very good at that stuff....  :)

Also, I saw on Syliva's Twitter that she said Peguin is the one creating the countdown posts/pictures....They must be getting a lot of backlash and are trying to make readers happy.....

Bared to You and Reflected in You both ended in cliff-hangers, but good ones

End of Bared to You - Gideon managed to (at least for that night) lay to rest Eva's insecurities, by telling her the truth about his true past history with Corrine.

End of Reflected in You - Eva learned the truth about why Gideon pushed her away, and she ran back to him.

Here is a thought though with the 5 books:-

SD has already stated that Lionsgate want to use the books for a TV series, a film production company like Lionsgate are not going to wait and wait and wait for the series to be published before making this series and they will not make it if the 5 books are not finished so I think Penguin (if SD stay's with them) may have no option but to get the books out quickly after completion so that Lionsgate are not waiting too long to make the TV series.

:)

Goood evening everybody,

has anyone found out the title of the song Gedeon and Eva dance to in Snippet #5, the one mentioning "Dark and Dangerous"? lol

Here is a thought though with the 5 books:-

SD has already stated that Lionsgate want to use the books for a TV series, a film production company like Lionsgate are not going to wait and wait and wait for the series to be published before making this series and they will not make it if the 5 books are not finished so I think Penguin (if SD stay's with them) may have no option but to get the books out quickly after completion so that Lionsgate are not waiting too long to make the TV series.

Waiting for the series is like waiting for the books

Goood evening everybody,

has anyone found out the title of the song Gedeon and Eva dance to in Snippet #5, the one mentioning "Dark and Dangerous"? lol

Seeing as though Gideon is in the music business, do you think he arranged for a song to be recorded for Eva, using the words dark and dangerous.

He might see it as his way of getting back at Brett's "golden" song. :)

Googled the lyrics Gabri. There were no hits.

Thank you, Julie

I love your theory. I should have known better than simply think about a "real" song. Gedeon Cross is not Mr No-Romance-Ever any more!!!!

Goood evening everybody,

Yes it's by the Indigo Girls and its called GHOST it is very nice I downloaded it on my iPhone

OK ladies I signed up for audible books and received Reflected as my book.  I figure I'll start with the one we are going to start reading instead of the one we are finishing.  I use to get books on tape when I had an hour and a 1/2 drive to work but now I'm only in the car about 15 minutes.  Maybe I'll take the long way for the next couple weeks.

Me too! I was gone for two days and i went through withdrawal:)

Hey Sharon & jls

my browser is open constantly, I laugh though in the morning when I come in a bit earlier to work to catch up on this site as there are usually over 100 posts and it takes me sometimes up and past the time I start work to finish reading them or making comments, then I have it open most of the day LOL :)

I think we are all obsessed with this series.

Hi All,

This is my first post as I only found this forum a couple of weeks ago, but I just wanted to say I've had so much fun reading all of your theories about what's going to happen in EWY and I look forward to speculating with you all once we've read it about the future books. :)

I also wanted to share my favourite part of the first chapters of EWY as it surprises me that no-one else has mentioned it yet. When Eva and Gideon make love, Gideon completely submits to Eva and she then gives herself over to him. As we all know, Gideon has never TRULY given up control during sex, he's always 'topping from the bottom' (the few times Eva thinks she's in charge) but Gideon communicates best (with Eva anyway) through sex and I think this submission on his part speaks volumes as to just how far he has come, and how much he loves and trusts Eva. Her submission in return will also prove to him just how much she loves him regardless of what he has done.

“Take it,†he bit out, angling my descent to gain that last little part of me that let him to sink in to the root. “Take me.â€

I moaned, welcoming the familiar soreness of having him so deep. The took me by surprise, my back bowing as the heated pleasure tore through me.

Instinct took over, my hips moving of their own volition, my thighs clenching and releasing as I focused only on the moment, the reclaiming of my man. My heart.

Gideon yielded to my demands.

“That’s it, angel,†he encouraged hoarsely, his erection still as hard as if he hadn’t just had a teeth-grinding climax.

His arms fell to his sides. His hands fisted in the comforter. His biceps clenched and flexed with his movements. His abs tightened every time I took him to the hilt, the rigid lacing of muscles glistening with sweat. His body was a well-oiled machine and I was taking it to its limits.

He let me. Gave himself to me.

Undulating my hips, I took my pleasure, moaning his name. My core clenched rhythmically, another rushing up too quickly. I faltered, my senses overwhelmed.

“Please,†I gasped. “Gideon, please.â€

He caught me by the nape and waist, and slid down until we were flat on the bed. Pinning me tightly, he held me immobile, thrusting upward… over and over… shafting my sex with fast, powerful lunges. The friction of his thick p**** rubbing and surging was too much. I jolted violently and came again, my fingers clawing into his sides.

What do you think?

Hi All,

This is my first post as I only found this forum a couple of weeks ago, but I just wanted to say I've had so much fun reading all of your theories about what's going to happen in EWY and I look forward to speculating with you all once we've read it about the future books. :)

I also wanted to share my favourite part of the first chapters of EWY as it surprises me that no-one else has mentioned it yet. When Eva and Gideon make love, Gideon completely submits to Eva and she then gives herself over to him. As we all know, Gideon has never TRULY given up control during sex, he's always 'topping from the bottom' (the few times Eva thinks she's in charge) but Gideon communicates best (with Eva anyway) through sex and I think this submission on his part speaks volumes as to just how far he has come, and how much he loves and trusts Eva. Her submission in return will also prove to him just how much she loves him regardless of what he has done.

“Take it,†he bit out, angling my descent to gain that last little part of me that let him to sink in to the root. “Take me.â€

I moaned, welcoming the familiar soreness of having him so deep. The took me by surprise, my back bowing as the heated pleasure tore through me.

Instinct took over, my hips moving of their own volition, my thighs clenching and releasing as I focused only on the moment, the reclaiming of my man. My heart.

“That’s it, angel,†he encouraged hoarsely, his erection still as hard as if he hadn’t just had a teeth-grinding climax.

His arms fell to his sides. His hands fisted in the comforter. His biceps clenched and flexed with his movements. His abs tightened every time I took him to the hilt, the rigid lacing of muscles glistening with sweat. His body was a well-oiled machine and I was taking it to its limits.

Undulating my hips, I took my pleasure, moaning his name. My core clenched rhythmically, another rushing up too quickly. I faltered, my senses overwhelmed.

He caught me by the nape and waist, and slid down until we were flat on the bed. Pinning me tightly, he held me immobile, thrusting upward… over and over… shafting my sex with fast, powerful lunges. The friction of his thick p**** rubbing and surging was too much. I jolted violently and came again, my fingers clawing into his sides.

What do you think?

Hi All,

I moaned, welcoming the familiar soreness of having him so deep. The ###### took me by surprise, my back bowing as the heated pleasure tore through me.

Undulating my hips, I took my pleasure, moaning his name. My core clenched rhythmically, another ###### rushing up too quickly. I faltered, my senses overwhelmed.

What do you think?

Welcome, I am fairly new to the site also and am loving the chat we all have and the different points of view.

I loved this bit of EWY, to me it felt like they were both giving up control and just giving in to each other and showing each other how much they need to be with each other and the love they have between them.  I know emotionally Eva is still hurt by what Gideon did by pushing her away in Reflected but I think knowing what he did to keep her safe has softened her emotional hurt towards him and she is starting to trust him again especially as he is so broken in this chapter with not knowing if Eva would ever forgive him or want to be with him again.

I hope you enjoy the site, we are all counting down the days now.  I hope you have pre-ordered your book as well :)

Hi All,

I moaned, welcoming the familiar soreness of having him so deep. The ###### took me by surprise, my back bowing as the heated pleasure tore through me.

Undulating my hips, I took my pleasure, moaning his name. My core clenched rhythmically, another ###### rushing up too quickly. I faltered, my senses overwhelmed.

What do you think?

Hi Rouge!! Another reader-turned-poster, SQUEEEEEE!!!

Gideon does best communicate to Eva through sex, because it's the one way he has figured out how to communicate in a relationship. Now if our hero could only learn how to communicate with his clothes on! Take a cue from Eva, who's a different person with her clothes on ("completely unmanageable" is what he thinks, but what the truth of the matter is that he's seeing glimpses of New Eva).

Because just like he has sometimes screwed up outside the bedroom, he's screwed up with sex too -- thinking getting her to come was the solution to whatever was bothering her. His attempted "fix" to her freaking out about Corrine was to drag Eva out to his limo and f*** the anxiety out of her. What he ought to have done was leave immediately with her and gone somewhere quiet for an honest talk. Then there was the time he used sex to punish her right after Brett. Perhaps worst of all was making love to her in the middle of the night during the week he's started mistreating her as part of the preparations to kill Nathan. That middle-of-the-night lovemaking only made her more confused, and it came across to even Cary as a mercy f***. Which on one level, it was.

Thoughts on the first time they made love in Entwined

• There was an equal exchange of power there - signal there would be more relationship equality outside the bedroom?
  • His knowing that moving forward, he needs to be even more careful with her, body and soul -- he doesn't want her to ever fear him? I'm sure he had to keep tight reign on himself, starved for her, lest he tear her apart (her too - she was just as wild by then.)

Hi Rouge!! Another reader-turned-poster, SQUEEEEEE!!!

Gideon does best communicate to Eva through sex, because it's the one way he has figured out how to communicate in a relationship. Now if our hero could only learn how to communicate with his clothes on! Take a cue from Eva, who's a different person with her clothes on ("completely unmanageable" is what he thinks, but what the truth of the matter is that he's seeing glimpses of New Eva).

Because just like he has sometimes screwed up outside the bedroom, he's screwed up with sex too -- thinking getting her to come was the solution to whatever was bothering her. His attempted "fix" to her freaking out about Corrine was to drag Eva out to his limo and f*** the anxiety out of her. What he ought to have done was leave immediately with her and gone somewhere quiet for an honest talk. Then there was the time he used sex to punish her right after Brett. Perhaps worst of all was making love to her in the middle of the night during the week he's started mistreating her as part of the preparations to kill Nathan. That middle-of-the-night lovemaking only made her more confused, and it came across to even Cary as a mercy f***. Which on one level, it was.

Thoughts on the first time they made love in Entwined

• There was an equal exchange of power there - signal there would be more relationship equality outside the bedroom?
  • His knowing that moving forward, he needs to be even more careful with her, body and soul -- he doesn't want her to ever fear him? I'm sure he had to keep tight reign on himself, starved for her, lest he tear her apart (her too - she was just as wild by then.)
Gideon knew he had to be guided by Eva's reactions to him being there. After all he had put her through, destroying all that trust, using her love against her. Was he scared also that he could have triggered her in some way, regarding Nathan's death? He knew he had to give up some control, to make her realise he was not a threat to her, that he would never hurt or harm her again.

Gideon knew he had to be guided by Eva's reactions to him being there. After all he had put her through, destroying all that trust, using her love against her. Was he scared also that he could have triggered her in some way, regarding Nathan's death? He knew he had to give up some control, to make her realise he was not a threat to her, that he would never hurt or harm her again.

Good point. From the day he learned about Nathan, he was super careful about avoiding triggering Eva sexually, given her past history of sexual trauma. In fact, in hindsight, he immediately recognized his crudely aggressive way of pursuing Eva could have ruined things forever before they ever got started.

Now he knows he's got to be super careful about avoiding triggering Eva emotionally, given her recent history of emotional trauma, nearly all of that trauma caused by he himself. Hopefully he now recognizes in hindsight that his attempts to totally control her, inside and outside the bedroom, were wrong -- and if he starts in on that behavior again, things will end forever.