Entwined With You- Chapter One

LN Cronan, on 11 May 2013 - 05:22, said:snapback.png

As a cop's daughter, Eva realizes it's too dangerous to tell anyone else the truth. Eva even walked away from Gideon, knowing it was too dangerous to even have any more contact with him, period, for the foreseeable future. From Chapter One:

I was suddenly struck with the knowledge that I would have to keep a dreadful secret from my best friend.

Cary was my touchstone, my voice of reason, my favorite shoulder to lean on–and a brother to me in every way that mattered. I hated the thought of having to hold back what Gideon had done for me.

I wanted desperately to talk about it, to get help working it out in my head, but I’d never be able to tell anyone. Even our therapist could be ethically and legally bound to break our confidence.

Cary might suspect Gideon had something to do with it. The thought had even crossed Eva's mind the weekend she dumped him. Monica and Stanton almost certainly suspect Gideon had something to do with it. But none of them can ever be told for certain by either Eva or Gideon. Direct knowledge would put any of them into the same place Eva is right now - colluding to cover up the crime. Also from Chapter One:

We were colluding to hide a crime, and I’d be lying if I said that didn’t seriously bother me–I was the daughter of a police officer, after all–but the alternative was too awful to consider.

So yes, this is really going to s*** that Cary cannot be told the truth that Gideon felt he had very good reason for deliberately hurting Eva. All Cary knows right now is Gideon broke Eva's heart. And if Cary figures out, as he probably will, that Gideon and Eva are sneaking around, Cary may assume the worse - Gideon is cheating on Corrine and keeping Eva on the string. I think Cary would be seriously ticked off at the prospect of Mrs. Corrine Cross with all the respect and Eva regulated to being Gideon's mistress.

Morning.
I was wondering about Victor. If he guessed about Gideons secret, although he didn't have proof, this would put him in an awkward situation. I'm thinking his daughter would come first, over his job.

I don't know.  Don't you think it will come out that Nathan is the person who attacked Cary?  It seems to me that Eva will share this information with Cary and, even if they can't confirm, they will all suspect that Gideon was involved in protecting Eva.  I remember Cary asking Eva on several occasions if she really believed that Gideon was having s*x with Corrine.  I believe if Eva told Cary she was going to try again with Gideon he would be on her side.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it be safer for Eva to go to Gideons place? Surely he can smuggle her in somehow. Is it possible the cops would put a tail on her, cause I'm sure Gideon still has one on Eva for her protection.

If Gideon's building has a service entrance, that could make it easier to smuggle Eva in and out the back of the building. I'm guessing he probably used a service entrance to her own building to sneak in that first night.

I can live with that theory. But Monica will probably do her woe is me impression. She is all about image. Then Eva will find out and feel guilty some more. Poor girl can she ever escape?

hopefully if there is a confrontation between Monica and Victor he'll put that bi*** in her place. And maybe finally make Monica understand that not everything is about her and she has been a s***ty parent to Eva.

Just realised reading through the snippets again, that snippet 3 appeared in the first half of chapter 2.

"Honestly, Gideon Cross had been designed to f* ck a woman right out of her mind"

Just re read chapter one again!

The snapshot of a mans hand (Gideons) grasping the sheets is in chapter 2 at the end when they are making love. :)

Just re read chapter one again!

The snapshot of a mans hand (Gideons) grasping the sheets is in chapter 2 at the end when they are making love. :)

But that one is for chapter 15.  Snippet 2 about opening a christmas present I think is the next part of chapter 2 and that is the snapshot picture that goes with it.  I think snippet 1 and snippet 4 will be their discussion about relationships and the recent past.  That is most likely the end of chapter 2 or the beginning of chapter 3. 

I hope that this book is a happy book.  The book I am reading right now has been bawling and I need some happy romance not sad romance

I think this is going to be a balance between happy romance and angst when they relive Gideon's past.  I'm expecting a really good book that will make us love these characters even more.

But that one is for chapter 15.  Snippet 2 about opening a christmas present I think is the next part of chapter 2 and that is the snapshot picture that goes with it.  I think snippet 1 and snippet 4 will be their discussion about relationships and the recent past.  That is most likely the end of chapter 2 or the beginning of chapter 3. 

Snippet two goes with snapshot two IMO

Part of the snippet says:

His eyes opened, stunning me with those vivid blue irises. He gave me a lazily seductive onceover that made my heart skip a beat. “Hmm… You’re wearing the me look,†he drawled.

“And that would be because you’re so extremely fuckable,†I shot back. “Waking up to you is like… presents on Christmas morning.â€

Here's the snapshot:

chapter-two.jpg

I think this is going to be a balance between happy romance and angst when they relive Gideon's past.  I'm expecting a really good book that will make us love these characters even more.

Yes I agree I am expecting an amazing book because chapters 1 and 2 have the reader hooked...

I think we are all in agreement that Eva would have been much better off if Victor had raised her instead of Monica.

Couldn't agree more I have already expressed my thoughts more than once about Monica. As someone mentioned earlier; Victor would be an appropriate confidante for Eva . But even though Gideon had compelling reasons for doing so, at the end of the day would you

want your daughter- your precious baby girl, who has already been exposed to more than her share of violence, to marry a murderer? What does everyone think?

That would be a good reason for Gideon to let Corrine go, and be single for a while. He needs to keep his head down for a while.

Yes I agree there Julie and the if he lets Corrine go saying something like " he needs time to be on his own for a while and he still wanted to be friends" it would probably not sting as much to Corrine as if it would if he let her go and then went straight back to Eva in public, I think that would cause Corrine to go for leather on him and maybe give Corrine excuse to try and get revenge on him for dumping her 

If Victor does find out Gideon killed Nathan, a distinct possibility if Graves does another one of her spill-the-beans stunts, then Victor will face an awful choice:

The police officer in him, sworn to uphold the law, would never want Gideon to get away with murder - premeditated murder at that, the worst kind of killing. And Victor would be even more horrified at the thought of Eva colluding to help cover up the crime after the fact, something that could expose her to a charge of accessory after the fact to first degree murder.

The father in him, whose desire to protect his own child would know no bounds, could view the situation as Nathan having gotten away with raping Eva -- a short stint in a psychiatric hospital instead of decades in a prison. Like Gideon, he could also view the situation as Nathan would have gotten away with murder if he had killed Eva -- he'd have gone right through the lather-rinse-repeat of being sent to a hospital, not a prison, found mentally incompetent to stand trial.

It's obvious to me which side of Victor would win out in the end. I can see Victor thanking Gideon for saving Eva's life. And I'll bet Victor would wish he'd been the one to plunge that knife into Nathan himself.

I am not sure if Eva would say anything to Victor, afterall he is a cop and she probably will not want to hurt him by letting him know she has been hiding the terrible secret of Nathan and what he did to her all these years from her dad, I think that would be hurtful for her to do to him and she adores her dad.  Also I don't think she would want him thinking bad of Gideon or putting his career on the line due to the secret

Eva seriously needs to tell Cary something, only from the point that it will put their friendship in peril if he spills the beans about Gideon, thus hurting Eva. She doesn't want to become piggy in the middle. She loves both these guys. It would devastate her, to have to make a choice.

I agree, but she could pick and choose what she say's to Cary and if he really is such a good friend he will keep quiet, I do think she needs to tell Cary about the reporter though 

Well for a start, Eva's going to be walking around with a big grin on her face after her s* xy time with Gideon!

But she has reservations. She has to learn to trust him again.

I think she will throw herself into her work, and have a carefully worded chat with Cary, about Deanna. Cary needs to know that she approached Eva.

I've forgotten what day of the week we are on. If its Wednesday, it's normally lunch with Mark and Steven. They will lift her spirits. :)

I am with you Julie, I think she will be happier but of course she cannot let anyone know why.  I do hope though that Eva has a word with Cary even just about the reporter as I am not sure yet that Eva has figured out the next step, she and Gideon know they want to be together but it is the mechanics of making it work that will be hard, remembering his door entry staff to his apartment will know her and her entry staff know him, unless there is a back door that no one sees and there are no camera's too as how else will they be undetected sneaking around?

I did wonder about that when in chapter 1 Gideon get's into her apartment apparently unseen, is there a back entrance as although he owns the building and pays the staff salaries, he cannot be sure non of them will say anything if questioned 

Maybe Gideon has another small apartment somewhere that there is no door security so they can come and go?

Couldn't agree more I have already expressed my thoughts more than once about Monica. As someone mentioned earlier; Victor would be an appropriate confidante for Eva . But even though Gideon had compelling reasons for doing so, at the end of the day would you

want your daughter- your precious baby girl, who has already been exposed to more than her share of violence, to marry a murderer? What does everyone think?

I don't see Gideon as a murderer. I see a man who was protecting the love of his life. Eva has been failed by her mother. I would do the same for the people I love. What we need to understand here is Nathan was going to kill Eva. Gideon acted quick and thank goodness.

I'm hoping Ireland will help Gideon. We know she turns up at the event in Times Square. Hopefully them connecting again, through Eva's persistence, will help his trust and family issues. He needs her, as she is his only family, to give him a different kind of love. Hopefully this will aid his recovery.

Snippet two goes with snapshot two IMO

Part of the snippet says:

His eyes opened, stunning me with those vivid blue irises. He gave me a lazily seductive onceover that made my heart skip a beat. “Hmm… You’re wearing the ###### me look,†he drawled.

“And that would be because you’re so extremely fuckable,†I shot back. “Waking up to you is like… presents on Christmas morning.â€

Here's the snapshot:

chapter-two.jpg

I know.  I was in a hurry when I posted and didn't proof read.  I was responding to a post that thought the man's hands clenching the sheets was to chapter 2 but it is labeled chapter 15.  Thanks for correcting.

I don't see Gideon as a murderer. I see a man who was protecting the love of his life. Eva has been failed by her mother. I would do the same for the people I love. What we need to understand here is Nathan was going to kill Eva. Gideon acted quick and thank goodness.

I agree.  He explained that the options were a restraining order or increased security.  Restraining orders rarely work when a stalker is a real nut case like Gideon and increased security would make Eva crazy.   I think that is the one thing that Graves was honest about "Nathan Barker was going to kill you.  Maybe not next week. Maybe not next year.  But someday."  Gideon wanted Eva safe even if it meant he lost her.  Even if it is legally "justifiable homicide" I consider it justified murder.

I know.  I was in a hurry when I posted and didn't proof read.  I was responding to a post that thought the man's hands clenching the sheets was to chapter 2 but it is labeled chapter 15.  Thanks for correcting.

Thank you Sharon. I loved having another look at all the snippets and snapshots. :)