Megumi

Kaz13

Does anyone think Megumi's new boyfriend may be involved in the plot? Is it Christopher?

Welcome Kaz. I have thought that Megumi's boyfriend might be CV Jr. I go back and forth because her roommate was originally the one fixed up with him so it might be a little to coincidental. I am sure many of the other ladies have opinions on this one so thanks for getting the ball rolling on this one.  

Does anyone think Megumi's new boyfriend may be involved in the plot? Is it Christopher?

Welcome Kaz

Originally I wondered if it was Nathan but now he is dead and Megumi is still seeing this guy, I changed tactics and thought maybe it is Chris Jr as you never see Chris Jr at Eva's office, he always goes up to Gideons office and his family have a place in the Hamptons which I presume the Vidals would have, could be way off base here but there has been a bit of talk in the books about her boyfriend :)

I thought the same thing I actually posted a question to SD asking who Megumi's blind date was and if it was Chris Jr. But she never answered I guess it was too big of a spoiler.

I thought the same thing I actually posted a question to SD asking who Megumi's blind date was and if it was Chris Jr. But she never answered I guess it was too big of a spoiler.

I really hope it is not Chris Jr, he makes me cringe and Megumi sounds as if she would be really nice and will get so hurt by him as we know he is only after Eva and Gideon 

I really hope it is not Chris Jr, he makes me cringe and Megumi sounds as if she would be really nice and will get so hurt by him as we know he is only after Eva and Gideon 

I didn't think too much about the boyfriend in the beginning but on the second re-read I thought the boyfriend has something to do with Gideon.  She asks too many questions about Eva's relationship with Gideon and it isn't always in the context of "girl talk".  She even recognized that she went too far one time and kind of laughed off her gossipy tendencies.  I don't want Megumi to be a bad person but I don't think most of the characters in this book have a purpose.  I think it is going to turn out that Shawna will be Eva's true friend and Megumi is going to have another purpose but I really want Megumi to be a friend too.

I didn't think too much about the boyfriend in the beginning but on the second re-read I thought the boyfriend has something to do with Gideon.  She asks too many questions about Eva's relationship with Gideon and it isn't always in the context of "girl talk".  She even recognized that she went too far one time and kind of laughed off her gossipy tendencies.  I don't want Megumi to be a bad person but I don't think most of the characters in this book have a purpose.  I think it is going to turn out that Shawna will be Eva's true friend and Megumi is going to have another purpose but I really want Megumi to be a friend too.

so do I but I think someone is controlling Megumi to find out information sneakily though and maybe Megumi does not know she is being manipulated but I would hope she will turn out to be a good friend.  Shawna is a good friend but I think Eva needs more female friends

I never even thought of that being a possibility, but it could be! But to be honest, I never really thought too much about her boyfriend, as I wasn't sure that it had anything to do with the story. But now, I'm starting to wonder. 

I'm starting to think the same way, and I really don't want Megumi to turn out to be a bad person. Up until now, I really didn't think twice about her or her relationship with anyone. 

I've got too many things going through my mind, and I don't even know where to begin haha.

The jury's out on this one, regarding her boyfriends. It's Megumi I find a little troubling. She seems to probe Eva for gossip all the time. Will/has Deanna got to her? I don't know.

I hope she doesn't let Eva down.

The jury's out on this one, regarding her boyfriends. It's Megumi I find a little troubling. She seems to probe Eva for gossip all the time. Will/has Deanna got to her? I don't know.

I hope she doesn't let Eva down.

same here Julie, I would hate Megumi to be mixed up with all that is going on with Deanna or Dr Lucas

so do I but I think someone is controlling Megumi to find out information sneakily though and maybe Megumi does not know she is being manipulated but I would hope she will turn out to be a good friend.  Shawna is a good friend but I think Eva needs more female friends

Hopefully Megumi's room mate is not Deanna Johnson!!

I don't think Megumi's room mate is Deanna... If it was then Megumi and Eva wouldn't be able to be friends any more, AND I don't see them working together much longer....I am hoping Megumi is just a girl who loves gossip (and hot men) and that is really the only reason she was asking about Gideon and the relationship Eva has with him.

I am hoping she is not dating Christopher JR. That wouldn't be good at all!

But right now I just realized, when Eva and JR went to lunch near the end of Reflected he asked her out (again) to dinner. She said maybe and she'd be in contact.... So it makes me think JR isn't involved seriously with somebody. or he is a bigger creep than realized.

Hopefully Megumi's boyfriend is somebody Cross did/does business with. Then Maybe Megumi and Eva can be better friends and maybe see each other at some social functions.... It would give Eva somebody to sit with other than Magdeline

I don't think Megumi's room mate is Deanna... If it was then Megumi and Eva wouldn't be able to be friends any more, AND I don't see them working together much longer....I am hoping Megumi is just a girl who loves gossip (and hot men) and that is really the only reason she was asking about Gideon and the relationship Eva has with him.

But right now I just realized, when Eva and JR went to lunch near the end of Reflected he asked her out (again) to dinner. She said maybe and she'd be in contact.... So it makes me think JR isn't involved seriously with somebody. or he is a bigger creep than realized.

Hopefully Megumi's boyfriend is somebody Cross did/does business with. Then Maybe Megumi and Eva can be better friends and maybe see each other at some social functions.... It would give Eva somebody to sit with other than Magdeline

I like this scenario!!

I like this scenario!!

I don't think Christopher is the kind of person that is worried about being faithful.  If he could do something to strike out at Gideon he would do it and not worry about anyone he might hurt in the process.

Great to hear everyone's ideas. I have been thinking about this since the first time I read the books and it has just kept playing on my mind. Glad I'm not the only one who has thought about it. I don't think Megumi is bad, but I do think there is some connection with this "mysterious" boyfriend. Can't wait to read the next book!