Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

Interesting but I see the New York wedding differently.  I think the wedding in the Caribbean is Gideon & Eva's wedding the NY wedding is for Monica.  I don't think they care what Monica wants to do as long as she gets it together in a hurry.

Gideon can handle Monica and no one knows about the little "love nest" next door to Eva.  There is no way that Gideon will be far away.

I agree. The wedding in NYC is all for show.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rich people can put a major wedding together in a couple of weeks.  Money talks so I wouldn't be worried about needing time. I personally hope this wedding takes place real soon in CBY.  Gideon is not gonna keep his marriage a secret.  Period.  He wants the world to know Eva is his.  I cannot wait.

Got a question for everyone.  I have been re-reading the books to get my Gideon fix.  And in EWY, after Eva sees Gideon in the lobby with Corinne, she takes the elevator up to her office on 20, but it stops on 10 and won't close, etc.  So she gets out, knowing that Gideon is doing this.  "... to let me out and another guy stepped out with me.  The doors closed behind us and the car continued on.

'What the ?' the guy said, scowling as he turned and surveyed the other three elevators. ...ding announcing the arrival of another car.... Doors to that elevator opened, Gideon stepped out....  Grumbling under his breath, the short sleeved guy walked into Gideon's vacated elevator and left us."  Page 177

This has 'niggled' me a bit.  Is this a random guy that stepped out of the car, or was this something more?  Following Eva?  For Gideon? For Stanton/Monica?  For someone else?  For some reason I don't think this is a police tail, but I don't know why. 

There was also an exchange between Eva and Clancy where he said something about keeping an eye on Nathan and Eva too.  This was stated after Eva found the 'bug' in her compact when it got broke.  Is this still Clancy keeping an eye on her even though Nathan is dead by this time.  Again, Clancy having her followed would be at the request of either Stanton or Monica I would think.  

As I have said before, I really think Clancy (or his associate) took the bracelet off of Nathan and got it onto the wrist of the Russian. Gideon knows he is going to owe someone big.  Could it be Stanton?  Now another idea in respect to that....  Since Monica and Victor still have an amazing amount of chemistry, will that somehow work to break up Monica and Stanton?  Will Stanton call in his marker by trying to get Gideon and Eva to help him keep Monica?  hmmm.....

What does everyone think?

Rich people can put a major wedding together in a couple of weeks.  Money talks so I wouldn't be worried about needing time. I personally hope this wedding takes place real soon in CBY.  Gideon is not gonna keep his marriage a secret.  Period.  He wants the world to know Eva is his.  I cannot wait.

I agree GLH.  I can't see Gideon keeping this secret for very long.

Hi Sharon,

I read your comments about Gideon and Eva's upcoming wedding and I can totally see where you are coming from.  I think that if Eva had not caught her mother tracking her movements through her graduation gift (a.k.a. the watch), then I could totally have seen Eva just handing the reins over to her mother. 

It was something that Eva said in Entwined; along the lines of something had broken between her and her mother, so I could potentially see Eva finally making a stand with her mother, and the wedding venue may just be it.  I could be wrong, but I wonder if Monica has finally taken one too many liberties with her daughter (and her daughter is finally fed up).  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Got a question for everyone.  I have been re-reading the books to get my Gideon fix.  And in EWY, after Eva sees Gideon in the lobby with Corinne, she takes the elevator up to her office on 20, but it stops on 10 and won't close, etc.  So she gets out, knowing that Gideon is doing this.  "... to let me out and another guy stepped out with me.  The doors closed behind us and the car continued on.

'What the ######?' the guy said, scowling as he turned and surveyed the other three elevators. ...ding announcing the arrival of another car.... Doors to that elevator opened, Gideon stepped out....  Grumbling under his breath, the short sleeved guy walked into Gideon's vacated elevator and left us."  Page 177

What does everyone think?

Hi Avid Reader,

I think that when that person stepped out onto the 10th floor, as of now, I think it was coincidence.  Maybe that person was absorbed in some thought (meeting, discussion, etc.) and wasn't paying attention to the elevator numbers.  Who knows...

Hi Sharon,

I read your comments about Gideon and Eva's upcoming wedding and I can totally see where you are coming from. I think that if Eva had not caught her mother tracking her movements through her graduation gift (a.k.a. the watch), then I could totally have seen Eva just handing the reins over to her mother.

It was something that Eva said in Entwined; along the lines of something had broken between her and her mother, so I could potentially see Eva finally making a stand with her mother, and the wedding venue may just be it. I could be wrong, but I wonder if Monica has finally taken one too many liberties with her daughter (and her daughter is finally fed up). What do you think? What does everyone think?

I disagree. More than once Eva worried that her mother's feelings would be hurt. She didn't want Monica to think Eva excluded her and eloped to hurt her. Eva loves her moher regardless. She will let Monica run the NY wedding.

I don't think Eva cares too much about the wedding.  I think she will hand most of the details over to her mom.  Eva is career oriented.  I think her mind will be there and in getting the penthouse ready for her and Gideon and Cary.  Gideon will want it all done and fast.  There is just so much a person can do.  Monica loves party stuff.  I think Eva will just say---do it.  Gideon will give Monica a very close timeline.  It will get done.  And fast.

Why am I getting the bad feeling that Sylvia's publisher is holding off on CBY?  She is still promoting EWY all over the world.  Her publisher is rereleasing older books.  Capitalizing on Sylvia's success with Crossfire.  I hope I am wrong.

I don't think Eva cares too much about the wedding.  I think she will hand most of the details over to her mom.  Eva is career oriented.  I think her mind will be there and in getting the penthouse ready for her and Gideon and Cary.  Gideon will want it all done and fast.  There is just so much a person can do.  Monica loves party stuff.  I think Eva will just say---do it.  Gideon will give Monica a very close timeline.  It will get done.  And fast.

Why am I getting the bad feeling that Sylvia's publisher is holding off on CBY?  She is still promoting EWY all over the world.  Her publisher is rereleasing older books.  Capitalizing on Sylvia's success with Crossfire.  I hope I am wrong.

You're not wrong. My guess is book 4 will come out in May or June 2014.

'What the ######?' the guy said, scowling as he turned and surveyed the other three elevators. ...ding announcing the arrival of another car.... Doors to that elevator opened, Gideon stepped out....  Grumbling under his breath, the short sleeved guy walked into Gideon's vacated elevator and left us."  Page 177

This has 'niggled' me a bit.  Is this a random guy that stepped out of the car, or was this something more?  Following Eva?  For Gideon? For Stanton/Monica?  For someone else?  For some reason I don't think this is a police tail, but I don't know why. 

My impression is the guy got off the elevator because he was nervous that it wasn't moving.  He walked into Gideon's elevator because it didn't stall.  I know I would jump off an elevator if it stopped for no reason. 

I disagree. More than once Eva worried that her mother's feelings would be hurt. She didn't want Monica to think Eva excluded her and eloped to hurt her. Eva loves her moher regardless. She will let Monica run the NY wedding.

Good point Sharon.  Now all we have to do is wait just a little bit longer before we get our answers.  Fingers crossed here that it will be sooner rather than later. 

Hi GLH,

I think you and some of the other ladies have brought up some really interesting points about the upcoming wedding.   I was thinking about how Eva would feel about having her father walk her down the aisle, and other things that she may have wanted as part of her participation in her wedding.  She didn't get a choice the first time around and that's why I thought that maybe she might want to be actively participating in planning this wedding.  Monica sometimes has the tendency to steam-roll over people (just an impression that I got after reading all three books) and when she doesn't get her way or conflict arises; she lays on the guilt trip.  I really hope that we see the book in the next book and not the final book.

At the rate that Gideon and Eva are having all of this hot, wonderful, passionate, se*, Eva may just wind up getting pregnant.  Birth control pills are not 100% effective.  Wouldn't that be a surprise...Eva walking down the aisle, with a bun in the oven?  :)

You are correct; Eva will have to think about the penthouse and preparing it with Gideon's help.  I don't see Cary as being that difficult.  Living in the guest suite next to one of the most luxurious and upscale buildings in all of New York should make Cary very happy.  I really hope we get this next book sooner rather than later. 

Since Elizabeth Vidal organizes amazing parties will she offer her ideas/get involved to Monica? I look forward to seeing how this plays out since she does NOT like Eva.

You raise a good question Sue.  I wonder if Elizabeth will want to be involved in the planning of her son's wedding?  Thus far, Elizabeth Vidal's dislike of Eva has been abundantly clear (and she was even less thrilled when she found out the Gideon proposed and that Eva was wearing Elizabeth's old engagement ring).  Will she be able to hide her dislike long enough, not to cause a scene at the wedding?  How will Elizabeth Vidal be able to hide her dislike of Eva, with Monica?  I could see sparks potentially starting to fly...

Eva has stated that her mother could become a professional party planner if she ever lost her money. Monica will plan the wedding and reception, not Elizabeth Vidal IMHO. The question will be how quickly this can happen. Gideon won't wait for long.

I agree Avid Reader.  Time is of the essence here.  A wedding needs to happen sooner rather than later. 

I don't think Eva wants Elizabeth involved in planning her wedding.  To me, until and unless that woman makes things right with Gideon, Eva will be very cool.  I don't blame her.  What right does Lizzy have to be involved in the most important night in Gideon's life when she cannot acknowledge her role in his problems?  Sorry, she's lucky to be invited.

Let Monica have her fun.  I really don't think Eva cares.  Monica is not a bad person.  We don't know much about her but I kind of feel she didn't have it as good as it looks.  I hope she enjoys this wedding stuff.  She may be over protective and hovering but I get it.  I hope Sylvia lets us know more about Monica.  There is a huge story there.

You raise a good question Sue.  I wonder if Elizabeth will want to be involved in the planning of her son's wedding?  Thus far, Elizabeth Vidal's dislike of Eva has been abundantly clear (and she was even less thrilled when she found out the Gideon proposed and that Eva was wearing Elizabeth's old engagement ring).  Will she be able to hide her dislike long enough, not to cause a scene at the wedding?  How will Elizabeth Vidal be able to hide her dislike of Eva, with Monica?  I could see sparks potentially starting to fly...

I think I have posted on this topic before... There is no way that "MommyCa" is going to tolerate LIZZY disrespecting her daughter or Gideva's love for one another. Monica protects her daughter to distraction so Lizzie just better watch out!! :):)

I think I have posted on this topic before... There is no way that "MommyCa" is going to tolerate LIZZY disrespecting her daughter or Gideva's love for one another. Monica protects her daughter to distraction so Lizzie just better watch out!! :):)

PS to my previous post : And if MommyCa won't tolerate LIZZY you can be sure Gideon won't either. There is no way he's gonna let his mommy ruin this day for his ANGEL!!

I don't think Eva wants Elizabeth involved in planning her wedding.  To me, until and unless that woman makes things right with Gideon, Eva will be very cool.  I don't blame her.  What right does Lizzy have to be involved in the most important night in Gideon's life when she cannot acknowledge her role in his problems?  Sorry, she's lucky to be invited.

Let Monica have her fun.  I really don't think Eva cares.  Monica is not a bad person.  We don't know much about her but I kind of feel she didn't have it as good as it looks.  I hope she enjoys this wedding stuff.  She may be over protective and hovering but I get it.  I hope Sylvia lets us know more about Monica.  There is a huge story there.

I agree completely GLH! This will be done w/ Monica, Cary , Eva and Gideon for sure. You're right that Eva won't want anything to do w/ Elizabeth until she comes clean and starts believing Gideon. Seriously, I hope she does b/c then Gideon and Eva could be really happy once that happens,no?

I can't wait for her gown description! And Victor walking her down the aisle <<sniff sniff>> ;)

I def think that Cary will be in the bridal party, but maybe as a groomsman, w/ Arnoldo and probably CV JR ( how could he not include him, what a scandal that would be!). And Eva will have Ireland (yay! love her!) Megumi and Marks sis in law...sorry..forgetting her name now. But, usually you have REALLY close friend/family in a bridal party....and Idk if megumi and the sis in law are really good friends....but they would fill the space.

I'd say the wedding could be held in two months time. You gotta give at least a month notice for people to receive the invite and respond. Then the rest of the time the gown will be custom made and everything put together for the venue. It could totally be done...especially if you have money.

Ugh...the wait is killing me. I want to know what's up w/ Deanna (is she honestly ok and nice? is she hanging out w/ the Rossi bro now? lol), Corrine and Anne to go away. Magdalena could become a good friend of Eva's maybe. Gideon liked her enough to continue being friends w/ her. I wonder if he ever knew how she really felt about him though.

Alright, I've rambled enough.

What do you ladies think of the wedding?

Ss--I agree.  For G to be really happy in his life, Lizzy needs to get over herself and be a mom to him.  Listen and believe.  Heal him.  That's what a mom should do.  Period.

2 months is what is correct today but if Gideon wants it earlier, it will be earlier and people will do what they need to do to be at this wedding.  G is a big dam n deal.  His wedding is a big dam n deal.  

I just want a book.

Hi jeanmarie, I think you'll find the description of Eva's new haircut in book 2-RIY, chapter 17 page 293. The elevator scene is on page 301 where Gideon joins Eva, Megumi & Will coming back from a lunch. As far as I can see, he says she's beautiful but doesn't specifically discuss her new hair cut. Hope this helps & enjoy your new look!