SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

P.S. Timeline on the missed appointments

Nathan murder week

Tues. Gideon missed his individual appointment (because he's scrambling with his security team, having learned on Monday how dangerous Nathan is.

Thurs. Eva shows up for couples therapy, and Gideon is a no show.

Sat. Eva ends the relationship.

Week two

Tues. Gideon kept his appointment -- and likely told the Dr. Eva dumped him, so the Thursday appointment isn't looking likely, because she's not on speaking terms with Gideon (a half truth).

Thurs. During the day, Eva left a message with Petersen's receptionist that she was terminating couples therapy.

Week three

Tues. Gideon would have seen Petersen

Wed. Gideon and Eva reunited in secret

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gideon is the king of half truths. Every word he'll have told Dr. Petersen would be true, but Gideon would be leaving the really important stuff out, keeping to himself the secret he couldn't ever reveal - he'd killed Nathan.

However, there are some things it would be "safe" to tell Petersen about, all of these things true:

• Nathan Barker had turned up dead (Petersen was bound to find out from Monica Stanton anyway -- she's also Petersen's patient).
  • Eva found out about the rape photos/video Barker had.
  • Eva's insecurities and jealousies over him spending time with his friend-in-need, Corrine Giroux, coupled with the blow Eva's self-esteem took because of the pictures made her dump Gideon.
  • He wanted to explain to her that the photos never mattered; he's seen them weeks ago, not that week. And he and Corrine are just spending time together (the doctor might not quite buy that based on the tabloid photos of Gideon and Corrine all cozy).
  • But his lawyers have advised Gideon to avoid contact with Eva or the Stantons for now, because all of them are being eyed as having possible involvement. Both he (Gideon) and the Stantons do have motive. So temporarily, Gideon needs to steer clear of Eva for everyone's protection, even her own, until the police can determine she and he had nothing to do with Nathan's death.

Poor Gideon may have been a crying mess in Petersen's office that Tuesday, repeating word-for-word the agonizing phone call from Eva on Saturday as well as showing him a copy of the email Eva sent him the prior Wednesday (the "I hate that I love you" email).

With all honesty, he'd beg the doctor for advice on how to handle Eva now as soon as it is OK to contact her. How can he reassure her? What should he say?

Your last two paragraphs bought a lump to my throat. The thought of Gideon crying alone at home, devastated at the hurt he was causing Eva, is too painful to think about.

Being so close to her, being unable to hold her, comfort her. Apart from that night when he got that email, then having to leave her. So sad.

Gideon certainly would have needed professional relationship advice now more than ever from Dr. Petersen -- how could he help Eva overcome her false beliefs about those photos and her conviction he's f***** Corrine. Her heart was broken -- what the h.e.l.l. could Gideon do to repair it?

Originally, Gideon was going to have to win Eva back on his own merits as soon as it was safe to contact her. She wasn't ever supposed to know the truth about why he pulled away.

P.S. Timeline on the missed appointments

Nathan murder week

Tues. Gideon missed his individual appointment (because he's scrambling with his security team, having learned on Monday how dangerous Nathan is.

Thurs. Eva shows up for couples therapy, and Gideon is a no show.

Sat. Eva ends the relationship.

Week two

Tues. Gideon kept his appointment -- and likely told the Dr. Eva dumped him, so the Thursday appointment isn't looking likely, because she's not on speaking terms with Gideon (a half truth).

Thurs. During the day, Eva left a message with Petersen's receptionist that she was terminating couples therapy.

Week three

Tues. Gideon would have seen Petersen

Wed. Gideon and Eva reunited in secret

Now they are married/ engaged they can commence therapy again. The need is greater now, so they can eventually sleep together, and hopefully help Gideon and his parasomnia.

Gideon certainly would have needed professional relationship advice now more than ever from Dr. Petersen -- how could he help Eva overcome her false beliefs about those photos and her conviction he's f***** Corrine. Her heart was broken -- what the h.e.l.l. could Gideon do to repair it?

Originally, Gideon was going to have to win Eva back on his own merits as soon as it was safe to contact her. She wasn't ever supposed to know the truth about why he pulled away.

Eva found out more than Gideon bargained for.

He never wanted her to know about Nathan being in New York

He never wanted her to know about the photos and video

He never wanted her to know about him killing Nathan

Oh Gideon!

Remember in the end of Reflected when she had lunch with Christopher and Gideon was waiting in the security office.  He told her that the night of her nightmare and her getting sick when he had been out late that he had been cleaning out the f**k pad, and he had forgotten about it until it had came up with Dr Peterson. Which gave us the impression that he had continued his individual therapy!!  :)

Remember in the end of Reflected when she had lunch with Christopher and Gideon was waiting in the security office.  He told her that the night of her nightmare and her getting sick when he had been out late that he had been cleaning out the f**k pad, and he had forgotten about it until it had came up with Dr Peterson. Which gave us the impression that he had continued his individual therapy!!  :)

With everything else going on, he knew this was important not just for his own well being, but to show Eva he was still wanting her, to be a couple again. Bless him. He gets it right sometimes, he's learning about relationships slowly.

With everything else going on, he knew this was important not just for his own well being, but to show Eva he was still wanting her, to be a couple again. Bless him. He gets it right sometimes, he's learning about relationships slowly.

I agree baby steps, good thing she is patient with him...!!  :)

I agree baby steps, good thing she is patient with him...!! :)

I'm re reading again(fifth time)

I've got to the bit where their sitting at home talking before Eva goes to pick up Victor.

She thinks to herself. "Did Gideon need to get everything out in the open with his family, too. Is that what he'd need to fully heal."

After all that has gone on in the family, the hatred and jealousy from Chris jnr, his mothers denial, amongst other things we don't know about yet and hostility towards Eva, how could the relationships ever be reconciled?

Eva would forgive Lizzy if it meant healing Gideon, but would Lizzy accept it. (You'll never take my son away from me) were the words she used to Eva. I think it will be a rocky road. Any thoughts?

two questions.... sorry if they've been covered earlier, this thread is too out of control to keep up...and I love it. :)

1. did anyone else think it was weird the way Mark was asked to stop by the head of the agency's office? It was right after Gideon was trying to get Eva to work for him, so thought he'd found a way to get her amicably laid off or something. At the charity event they mentioned not wanting to lose her, so obviously that wasn't the case, but it seemed like an odd detail to throw in. Maybe that was just a way of introducing the chairman's character?

2. Anyone else's radar up about Megumi being sick? She's a peripheral character so I don't see her connected to any of the drama. But it seemed strange the way it was turned into a such a big deal for Eva. She's a friend to lean on, but Eva wouldn't have been able to tell her anything anyway.

I took a fiction writing class in college....and by saying that, I am not at all implying I'm an expert...I'm far, far from it!  Anyway, my point being, one of the things the professor said always stuck with me: Every word should have a purpose. So, for the two details above, seemingly inconsequential, but left up in the air, I'm left wondering 'what's the purpose?' Maybe there isn't one...but they've still been bugging me.

two questions.... sorry if they've been covered earlier, this thread is too out of control to keep up...and I love it. :)

1. did anyone else think it was weird the way Mark was asked to stop by the head of the agency's office? It was right after Gideon was trying to get Eva to work for him, so thought he'd found a way to get her amicably laid off or something. At the charity event they mentioned not wanting to lose her, so obviously that wasn't the case, but it seemed like an odd detail to throw in. Maybe that was just a way of introducing the chairman's character?

2. Anyone else's radar up about Megumi being sick? She's a peripheral character so I don't see her connected to any of the drama. But it seemed strange the way it was turned into a such a big deal for Eva. She's a friend to lean on, but Eva wouldn't have been able to tell her anything anyway.

I took a fiction writing class in college....and by saying that, I am not at all implying I'm an expert...I'm far, far from it!  Anyway, my point being, one of the things the professor said always stuck with me: Every word should have a purpose. So, for the two details above, seemingly inconsequential, but left up in the air, I'm left wondering 'what's the purpose?' Maybe there isn't one...but they've still been bugging me.

There is a big deal going on with Megumi and Lacey. Lacey is "out of town" and Megumi is "sick". They both live together, something sinister is going on I'm sure. Sylvia did say we would find out in book 4. We got to be patient. Argh!!!!

I may be way off the mark here but I'm re-reading Bared and I'm at the garden party scene. When Gideon arrives he makes a comment to his mother about Cary saying "I thought you would like him" but it was said in a seemingly sarcastic way. He said it like she had a thing for him. Do you think there's been someone else that LIzzie "liked", maybe even the abuser and that's one of the other reasons (bar dr Lucas' examination) that made her not believe Gideon?

There's just something about the way it was put in the book was to make a clear point

Where did it say that? I knew Nathan was two years older. That's what Eva told Gideon when she was telling him about her abuse. I don't remember the 4 year old bit though. Be good if you could tell me page no. Thank you

I think I misspoke on how old Eva was. I found the information about her mom marrying Barker and Nathan being 2 years older. It said her mom was able to land herself a millionaire, even with a kid in tow. I guess I was just thinking she was younger. I know the abuse started when Eva was 10. Sorry.

I'm re reading again(fifth time)

I've got to the bit where their sitting at home talking before Eva goes to pick up Victor.

She thinks to herself. "Did Gideon need to get everything out in the open with his family, too. Is that what he'd need to fully heal."

After all that has gone on in the family, the hatred and jealousy from Chris jnr, his mothers denial, amongst other things we don't know about yet and hostility towards Eva, how could the relationships ever be reconciled?

Eva would forgive Lizzy if it meant healing Gideon, but would Lizzy accept it. (You'll never take my son away from me) were the words she used to Eva. I think it will be a rocky road. Any thoughts?

I know I am completely obsessed with these books!  I too am rereading for the hmmmm 3rd or 4th time.

There is a lot to overcome where his family is concerned, I would hope at the least that his Mother would acknowledge and admit to Gideon that she was wrong and beg for forgiveness.  But with Christopher it is really hard to get over a life time of jealousy.  And his Mother attitude toward Eva is so way of base but I do think that Eva would tolerate his family for his benefit.

this is something I have been thinking about, sorry if its been discussed before.

In light of Eva finding out that she has been bugged and tracked by Clancy what happened the night she went to the apartment after her talk with Graves.

Gideon admitted that he moved into the apartment next door so that he could get to her quickly if need be. Therefore he would be spending more time there than at the penthouse. Clancy told her he turned off the receiver after confirmation that Nathan was dead.

So my question is this, how did Gideon know to go to the penthouse that night when he found her sitting on the floor because she didn't have a key? How long do you think she would have waited? Did Clancy call him and tell him she was there?

Gideon had to keep up the pretense of spending time at the penthouse. So I think after working out he went to the penthouse as normal and just happened to find Eva there. I think he would usually leave the penthouse later and go to the apartment next to Eva.

On your #1 I do think that was odd for him to be called to the bosses office???  

I think I misspoke on how old Eva was. I found the information about her mom marrying Barker and Nathan being 2 years older. It said her mom was able to land herself a millionaire, even with a kid in tow. I guess I was just thinking she was younger. I know the abuse started when Eva was 10. Sorry.

Don't apologise. It would have been good because I'm trying to work on Monica's time frame, what did she do when she had a baby, till she got married to Barker.

I'm just going to have to keep wondering. :)

I think Gideon is going to have to cough up a couple of those beach wedding photos, which would be exceptionally financially valuable to Deanna if she got them as an exclusive.

The society wedding pictures wouldn't be of much monetary value if everyone knew it was a "second" wedding for the families, not the real wedding.

He's got to keep a financial leash on Deanna. His giving her the photos is the exact equivalent to him having paid off Ian to keep his mouth shut. I'll bet he makes Deanna sign a non-disclosure agreement about her knowledge of the Brett-Eva sex tape.

And he'll need to give Deanna the photos almost immediately now, because of the sex tape's existence. Or else Deanna could turn around and do a freelance story on the tape, making some serious money off of that instead.

I think what he was talking to Deanna about when Deanna slithered into Eva's seat at that social event in the last chapter of Entwined was telling Deanna he and Eva had secretly married over the weekend and that he would give Deanna a couple of pictures of the wedding. The existence of the sex tape changed considerably the fact Gideon would want the world to know Eva is his wife now, not wait the months and months Monica would spend planning a society wedding.

I agree!

I do think though that they will still have the second wedding. This will make Monica happy. I think part of the intrigue and romance of the wedding on the beach is it helped to solidify them, their relationship and dependence on each other. They, especially Gideon need to be married to each other in order to face what ever is coming forward. This is also making Eva stronger. Since they have married, they seem to trust each other more, especially with outsiders.

I think that Deanna is still getting a good payday and maybe this is the way that Gideon will be able to control what she is doing, so that she will not be a pain in their sides. It is the payoff she needs.

I know I am rambling. But I do agree that unfortunately these photos will have to come out now. This will help the couple deal with: Brett, Corinne & her husband, even Elizabeth & Christopher Jr.

I may be way off the mark here but I'm re-reading Bared and I'm at the garden party scene. When Gideon arrives he makes a comment to his mother about Cary saying "I thought you would like him" but it was said in a seemingly sarcastic way. He said it like she had a thing for him. Do you think there's been someone else that LIzzie "liked", maybe even the abuser and that's one of the other reasons (bar dr Lucas' examination) that made her not believe Gideon?

There's just something about the way it was put in the book was to make a clear point

Hiya.

Now I have a sick theory on Lizzy, that she has a penchant for young men. She was attracted to Cary from when they first turned up. Gideon seems to know something, for him to make that comment. She is a big part of his problems, not just the abuse.

Not per se. Being called to the bosses office is par for any job. BUT, I think it was odd that out of all the interactions Eva and Mark ever had, this is the first time a boss is ever even mentioned. In the books, Mark and Eva's relationship was working together, the presentation with Gideon in BTY, and occasional lunches. In the mornings, their interaction was ALWAYS a brief chat then "let's get to work." In the grand scheme of all the books, it was just out of character...and there was never any explanation about winning (or losing) an account like they speculated.

Could Mark get fired? Gideon gives him a job, along with his wife working for him. Killing 2 birds with 1 stone. Eva loves working with Mark. She has a good relationship with Mark, Steven and Shawna. Gideon will do anything to keep his wife happy. :D

Sorted!

Could Mark get fired? Gideon gives him a job, along with his wife working for him. Killing 2 birds with 1 stone. Eva loves working with Mark. She has a good relationship with Mark, Steven and Shawna. Gideon will do anything to keep his wife happy. :D

Sorted!

And the plot thickens...!!