SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may have forgotten something that was said, but I had the impression that Gideon was going to give Deanna an exclusive on pictures of their public society wedding, not the beach one. I would hate for him to have had to give up something as sweet and private as their real wedding pictures to a tabloid hound.

I agree, I thought the same thing

Gideon actually blew off two appointments the week he killed Nathan. He missed his individual session on Tuesday and deliberately blew off the couples session on Thursday, promising to be there but not showing. 

What he was letting Eva know in Entwined was that he never terminated his individual treatment with Dr. Petersen -- he was still undergoing therapy for the sexual trauma of his past and working on the very present problem of the parasomnia. Eva was thinking "the week he killed Nathan."

She'd naturally assumed that as part of his "abandoning" their relationship, he wasn't going to continue with individual treatment any more than he was going to with couples' therapy. The only reason he entered both was for her, for them, to make the relationship work. It made sense he'd think he had no more need for seeing Dr. Petersen now that he no longer was involved with her.

Gideon actually blew off two appointments the week he killed Nathan. He missed his individual session on Tuesday and deliberately blew off the couples session on Thursday, promising to be there but not showing. 

What he was letting Eva know in Entwined was that he never terminated his individual treatment with Dr. Petersen -- he was still undergoing therapy for the sexual trauma of his past and working on the very present problem of the parasomnia. Eva was thinking "the week he killed Nathan."

She'd naturally assumed that as part of his "abandoning" their relationship, he wasn't going to continue with individual treatment any more than he was going to with couples' therapy. The only reason he entered both was for her, for them, to make the relationship work. It made sense he'd think he had no more need for seeing Dr. Petersen now that he no longer was involved with her.

Another thought on this subject, don't you wonder what he told Dr Peterson during the next Tuesday (after Nathan) appt about missing couples appt. And sorry don't recall when Eva called and canceled all the couples appts, but what was Gideon explanation to the DR about the whole relationship imploding ???

I may have forgotten something that was said, but I had the impression that Gideon was going to give Deanna an exclusive on pictures of their public society wedding, not the beach one. I would hate for him to have had to give up something as sweet and private as their real wedding pictures to a tabloid hound.

You're so right. I would hate for them to share something so private and perfect with the world. If they do another wedding then that one is meant to be shared and I can see him giving Deanna the picture rights to that one but the one at the beach should be kept to themselves. It always seems like its Gideon and Eva against the world and that moment it was just the both of them, I wouldn't want it to be ruined by media gossip. 

Another thought on this subject, don't you wonder what he told Dr Peterson during the next Tuesday (after Nathan) appt about missing couples appt. And sorry don't recall when Eva called and canceled all the couples appts, but what was Gideon explanation to the DR about the whole relationship imploding ???

Gideon is the king of half truths. Every word he'll have told Dr. Petersen would be true, but Gideon would be leaving the really important stuff out, keeping to himself the secret he couldn't ever reveal - he'd killed Nathan.

However, there are some things it would be "safe" to tell Petersen about, all of these things true:

• Nathan Barker had turned up dead (Petersen was bound to find out from Monica Stanton anyway -- she's also Petersen's patient).
  • Eva found out about the rape photos/video Barker had.
  • Eva's insecurities and jealousies over him spending time with his friend-in-need, Corrine Giroux, coupled with the blow Eva's self-esteem took because of the pictures made her dump Gideon.
  • He wanted to explain to her that the photos never mattered; he's seen them weeks ago, not that week. And he and Corrine are just spending time together (the doctor might not quite buy that based on the tabloid photos of Gideon and Corrine all cozy).
  • But his lawyers have advised Gideon to avoid contact with Eva or the Stantons for now, because all of them are being eyed as having possible involvement. Both he (Gideon) and the Stantons do have motive. So temporarily, Gideon needs to steer clear of Eva for everyone's protection, even her own, until the police can determine she and he had nothing to do with Nathan's death.

Poor Gideon may have been a crying mess in Petersen's office that Tuesday, repeating word-for-word the agonizing phone call from Eva on Saturday as well as showing him a copy of the email Eva sent him the prior Wednesday (the "I hate that I love you" email).

With all honesty, he'd beg the doctor for advice on how to handle Eva now as soon as it is OK to contact her. How can he reassure her? What should he say?