SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is something I have been thinking about, sorry if its been discussed before.In light of Eva finding out that she has been bugged and tracked by Clancy what happened the night she went to the apartment after her talk with Graves.Gideon admitted that he moved into the apartment next door so that he could get to her quickly if need be. Therefore he would be spending more time there than at the penthouse. Clancy told her he turned off the receiver after confirmation that Nathan was dead.So my question is this, how did Gideon know to go to the penthouse that night when he found her sitting on the floor because she didn't have a key? How long do you think she would have waited? Did Clancy call him and tell him she was there?

Good question.

My thinking would be, once Nathan was dead, the pressure was off Gideon, so he didn't have to stay next door all the time. He was there before he died, in case the slippery s.o.b. tried to get to Eva.

this is something I have been thinking about, sorry if its been discussed before.In light of Eva finding out that she has been bugged and tracked by Clancy what happened the night she went to the apartment after her talk with Graves.Gideon admitted that he moved into the apartment next door so that he could get to her quickly if need be. Therefore he would be spending more time there than at the penthouse. Clancy told her he turned off the receiver after confirmation that Nathan was dead.So my question is this, how did Gideon know to go to the penthouse that night when he found her sitting on the floor because she didn't have a key? How long do you think she would have waited? Did Clancy call him and tell him she was there?

I'm not sure about that because Gideon looked surprised to see her like he didn't know she was there beforehand... "The elevator doors opened and he stepped out stopping abruptly when he saw me..."

this is something I have been thinking about, sorry if its been discussed before.

In light of Eva finding out that she has been bugged and tracked by Clancy what happened the night she went to the apartment after her talk with Graves.

Gideon admitted that he moved into the apartment next door so that he could get to her quickly if need be. Therefore he would be spending more time there than at the penthouse. Clancy told her he turned off the receiver after confirmation that Nathan was dead.

So my question is this, how did Gideon know to go to the penthouse that night when he found her sitting on the floor because she didn't have a key? How long do you think she would have waited? Did Clancy call him and tell him she was there?

After Nathan died, it no longer was necessary for Gideon to stay next door. The apartment was an emergency measure for the days immediately prior to Gideon taking Nathan down.

I'm envisioning him staying there some nights after Nathan was dead and Eva had dumped him -- staying there purely to be near her physically, even though in every other respect she was a million miles away. I have this sad image of each of them crying themselves to sleep, separated by a wall.

But Gideon would have spent most nights at the penthouse in order to keep up appearances. The way he was dressed when he came home to find Eva parked on his doorstep suggests he was just arriving home from the gym. Had he been out that night -- for example, on a publicly staged "date" with Corrine, Eva may have sat there in a daze until the wee hours of the morning, I think, still shocked by what she'd just been told and waiting for him to arrive home.

He and Corrine went somewhere after business hours on Monday (Eva caught him leaving the Crossfire with her.)

Tuesday evening would have been his weekly individual appointment with Dr. Petersen.

Hitting the gym Wednesday evening made sense.

I think he was doing it for Eva too.  He always knew he was going to try to win Eva back and he wants to be everything she needs.  Getting help from Dr. Petersen was part of his plan to heal his past for Eva.  Gideon said before he met Eva he thought he was happy and the fact that he couldn't spend the night with women didn't bother him.  (I think that was in RIY.)

More than that, Gideon's main motivation at this point is to be able to sleep in a bed with Eva and the therapy combined with medication is his best hope for a successful outcome...

Hi Fluffy

I don't want to hear them either, I think it was so romantic how it was planned. Perfect. :)

I thought their wedding was perfectly written by Sylvia whether we hear them or not but they must have been sensational because she was crying as Gideon recited his...oh maybe on second thought I do want to hear them LOL!!

I may have forgotten something that was said, but I had the impression that Gideon was going to give Deanna an exclusive on pictures of their public society wedding, not the beach one. I would hate for him to have had to give up something as sweet and private as their real wedding pictures to a tabloid hound.

I remember reading that as well Nrock 

I don't want Victor with Monica either.  I want Victor to find a new woman who can love him for who he is.  Shelly will always have doubts and/or questions about Gideon and that will impact her relationship with Eva.  I can't see where that will be good for Victor, a man who loves his daughter so much.

Oh no I don't want Shelly and Victor together but I'm sure she thinks Victor's hot...

It was desperation over their first estrangement that drove him to arrange for therapy. When he chased Eva to the garden party at the Vidals and begged her to give him another chance, his way of proving he was serious about making them work was his willingness to enter individual and couples therapy.

It makes sense he continued to be Dr. Petersen's patient all along. Because when it would have been "safe" for him to "go back" to Eva when she no longer had to "wait" out whatever mysterious reason he'd pulled away, Gideon was going to have do so some very serious proving he deserved another chance. He was going to have to win Eva back. I'll bet his original plan would involve begging her to resume couples therapy, telling her all along he'd never quit treatment.

It was desperation over their first estrangement that drove him to arrange for therapy. When he chased Eva to the garden party at the Vidals and begged her to give him another chance, his way of proving he was serious about making them work was his willingness to enter individual and couples therapy.

It makes sense he continued to be Dr. Petersen's patient all along. Because when it would have been "safe" for him to "go back" to Eva when she no longer had to "wait" out whatever mysterious reason he'd pulled away, Gideon was going to have do so some very serious proving he deserved another chance. He was going to have to win Eva back. I'll bet his original plan would involve begging her to resume couples therapy, telling her all along he'd never quit treatment.

Eva asked him to go back to Dr Petersen after he had a nightmare. She was surprised to learn that he ad kept up his appointments, missing only one.

I think Gideon is going to have to cough up a couple of those beach wedding photos, which would be exceptionally financially valuable to Deanna if she got them as an exclusive.

The society wedding pictures wouldn't be of much monetary value if everyone knew it was a "second" wedding for the families, not the real wedding.

He's got to keep a financial leash on Deanna. His giving her the photos is the exact equivalent to him having paid off Ian to keep his mouth shut. I'll bet he makes Deanna sign a non-disclosure agreement about her knowledge of the Brett-Eva sex tape.

And he'll need to give Deanna the photos almost immediately now, because of the sex tape's existence. Or else Deanna could turn around and do a freelance story on the tape, making some serious money off of that instead.

I think what he was talking to Deanna about when Deanna slithered into Eva's seat at that social event in the last chapter of Entwined was telling Deanna he and Eva had secretly married over the weekend and that he would give Deanna a couple of pictures of the wedding. The existence of the sex tape changed considerably the fact Gideon would want the world to know Eva is his wife now, not wait the months and months Monica would spend planning a society wedding.

I agree! I do think that was why Gideon was talking to Deanna at that event. These photos will also hit the news just as Eva arrives in San Diego. Brett will hopefully get the message. i just hope that Gideon lets Eva know , so that she can let her dad know. I wouldn't want him to have to read this. Eva should be the one to let him know.

If this is the case, I think Gideon did this on purpose because Eva had just broken the news to him about San Diego during that fund-raiser dinner...

Eva asked him to go back to Dr Petersen after he had a nightmare. She was surprised to learn that he ad kept up his appointments, missing only one.

Eva also was surprised to hear, the morning after they'd reunited, that he'd already cut Corrine off.

That was Thursday morning. He saw Corrine on Monday night, we know, because Corrine met him at the Crossfire in time to leave with him right after business hours. Eva hadn't left the vicinity of the building yet, so out on the sidewalk, she spotted them climbing into his Mercedes. And he saw her too -- saw how angry she got.

Was Gideon already planning to cut Corrine off -- or -- did he decide then and there as he climbed into the car he needed to do it?  

1. Sunday: Brett gave that radio station interview in Florida, which hit the Internet, saying he and Eva were reconnected and he was bent on getting back together with her.
  2. Monday lunchtime: Gideon gave Eva back her promise ring, the first time since she'd dumped him he had any contact whatsoever with her. During their encounter in the elevator, he learned probably to his horror she was feeling so beat-down on her self esteem that she was going to let him use her to get himself off in the elevator.
  3. Monday after work: Eva saw him with Corrine and flipped him the middle finger, displaying anger. Then she turned her back on him, stood there on the sidewalk, and immediately telephoned someone (it was her mother, but I'll bet Gideon was paranoid she just called Brett.)

Gideon also would have remembered the last time Eva lost her temper with him over Corrine, she immediately got even by taking Brett out to lunch. What might she do with Brett to get even now, firmly convinced Gideon was f***** Corrine.

I think at that point, Gideon weighed the risks of continuing to be seen with Corrine in public (to keep fooling the cops) against the risks of Eva turning to Brett. And decided Corrine had to go immediately, because the danger was now high that Eva might go running right into Brett's arms -- and his bed.

• Eva's insecurity running rampant would put her at risk of degrading herself sexually. She'd done it before with other men, including Brett, and had been feeling so bad when Gideon approached her that day she was willing to let him use her.
  • Eva's jealousy running rampant had already repeatedly proven that when she got mad - she got even.
  • Putting both together was a surefire way to drive her right into Brett's bed, Gideon probably thought in panic.

We know that New Eva wouldn't have done it. Gideon didn't, though. The only Eva he knew was the shattered, heartbroken one who dumped him over Corrine and had been willing earlier that same day to serve as a "pre-approved orifice" for a lunchtime quickie.

this is something I have been thinking about, sorry if its been discussed before.

In light of Eva finding out that she has been bugged and tracked by Clancy what happened the night she went to the apartment after her talk with Graves.

Gideon admitted that he moved into the apartment next door so that he could get to her quickly if need be. Therefore he would be spending more time there than at the penthouse. Clancy told her he turned off the receiver after confirmation that Nathan was dead.

So my question is this, how did Gideon know to go to the penthouse that night when he found her sitting on the floor because she didn't have a key? How long do you think she would have waited? Did Clancy call him and tell him she was there?

I think Gideon was in contact with the staff and knew that Eva wasn't home yet.  He also knew she had her Krav Maga class and Clancy would take her home at some point.  He said he went to his penthouse to keep up the perception that he was living there so he probably thought it was a good time to stop in and keep up appearances.