SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

I agree.  I don't know why some people keep quiet when they could prevent abuse of another child.  I have to believe they think they are doing what is best for their child (usually protecting them from publicity) but they just don't have the forethought to think clearly about what silence means.  I don't think that any punishment is too harsh for a child abuser and, quite frankly, I think their punishment needs to cause them great pain and suffering. 

I agree with you there Sharon

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must listen again to that, I am up to the concert on Audio for the 4th time so will listen to the wedding again as I am sure she said dress but I could be wrong 

Oh trust me I could be too I just thought I remembered gown for some reason. :)

Gideon arranged every detail, right down to making sure the closet full of clothes he got for Eva for the weekend including a wedding dress. He had to have included a photographer -- how could he not want pictures?

I had posted earlier that there is probably a resort photographer because they probably do weddings there a lot...

I had posted earlier that there is probably a resort photographer because they probably do weddings there a lot...

As it was described I thought it was probably tea length it was ruched from breast to hips and had strands of flowers floating down..I imagined a light filmy tulle material and of course it was white!! Gideon has excellent taste so I'm sure it was gorgeous!!

And cake -- they must have arranged for cake. How could they not? Champagne too!

Being silly here. But seriously, the wedding itself is described in just over one page of text. Shorter than most of the sex scenes.

The gown is described as a " ... sweet yet sexy romantic gown."

And cake -- they must have arranged for cake. How could they not? Champagne too!

Being silly here. But seriously, the wedding itself is described in just over one page of text. Shorter than most of the sex scenes.

The gown is described as a " ... sweet yet sexy romantic gown."

Thanks I thought I remembered gown.....

I taught for 36 years and looking for signs of child abuse was part of the job.  We worked closely with the guidance counselor and could be prosecuted if we did not report abuse if we felt it was there.  The major problem we had was that if parents got wind of what we wanted to do, they pulled their kid from the school and moved on.  I was shocked at the number of parents who either knew of the abuse and chose to ignore it or just chose to ignore the abuse out of denial.  We even had an 8 year old who was pregnant and the mother took her out of the system all together.  Can you imagine?  So, I have absolutely no empathy for anyone who does not believe their child.  None.  I have seen the results when a kid cannot trust those around them who are supposed to be their safe place.  For that reason, I hate , hate, hate Elizabeth and everyone around her.  She is just an Arse to me.  I do not hate Monica in the same way.  She did what she had to do when she had clear facts.  I feel sorry for her and I hope to God we find out what drives her to need money so badly.  But she was not a bad mother.  I also wonder if she was so caught up in being a trophy wife that she didn't see the signs.  I do not let her off the hook entirely.  But at least she did believe her child and took the appropriate measures to keep Eva safe after.

Loved that interview.  Love Sylvia.  Her books, and I have read most of them, are not just erotica.  Every book has interesting characters, although nothing compares to this Crossfire series.  OMG, I love G and E.  It seems that Sylvia feels Eva is in a really good and strong place and has resolved a whole lot of her issues.  I still think she has some, but we will see.

I am fascinated about the Megumi theory.  I really hadn't given that a thought but it sure is something to think about.  Why is she not returning Eva's calls?  

Tat is just a self absorbed Arse.  I do not believe for one minute she is pregnant with Cary's child.  You can add her to the list of characters I dislike.  I want Cary and Trey to make it.

Gideon arranged every detail, right down to making sure the closet full of clothes he got for Eva for the weekend including a wedding dress. He had to have included a photographer -- how could he not want pictures?

I agree.  I'm sure Gideon's original plan was to make a collage to present to Eva at some point but he will offer some pictures to Deanna shortly.  I think some pictures will be held back for Eva's eyes only or at least for Eva to share with whomever she wants.

Interview with Sylvia on FB, worth a listen

http://snd.sc/12WMgep

Love this interview.  I really appreciate that Sylvia thinks about her fans and is so accessible. 

Two key things I heard in the interview:

1. Books Four and Five very much are going to be about Gideon, just like the second half of Entwined really began shifting to his issues, now that Eva is on solid ground. Sylvia explained that the first two and a half books were focused on Eva's issues, and now we readers will see more about Gideon, whose issues were even bigger than Eva's.
  2. The goal is for Book Four to come out "before Christmas." Sylvia has been in contact with her publisher back in the States while on her current trip to Australia. As soon as the release date is set in stone, there will be an announcement.

I want to respond to so many posts. Instead I'll just give my thoughts:

I'm mad at Gideon for dropping everything to go to the hospital. He had no business there. It's not his baby and her husband is in town trying to get her back wtf?

There's more to Megumi's story. Sylvia mentions her not responding to Eva's concerns often. Is she planted there by someone to spy on Eva? Or dating someone from Eva's past?

I'm dying to know how Gideon got possession of his mom's engagement ring.

Don't like Tatiana at all. Cary probably is attracted to her because he has a crush in Eva (both blondes) and she's a witch like his mom. That's what he knows. She'll never go away now that she's knocked-up.

The office space could be for Eva. Gideon always gets his way. And they have already Christened the sofa!

Deanna Deanna Deanna needs to not touch Gideon.

And Christopher Jr. Is a troublemaker. I think he's in between his mom and Corrine stirring it up. He is probably the one behind the music video concept at Times Square and the one feeding Lizzy with the relationship info about Eva and Brett's past.

I love London. I don't think they can corrupt her. She's so happy getting to know Gideon and sees how cool Eva is. And she recognizes true love.

Is Victor good for another 20 years? He's single, so I'm more disappointed in momma Monica. Whew! I hope she didn't get pregnant on Eva's bed! Funny how Cary asked Victor if he ever thought of having more kids. OMG. Can you imagine?

K. That's all I've got.

I'm not sure why Gideon LET Deanna touch him but Eva is certainly justified in not liking it and she had better STOP it!! Also I totally agree about Chris Jr stirring the pot...I would be extremely upset with a love child from Vic and Mommyca's romp in the sheets although Cary's question to Victor disturbs me and I'm hoping this does not come true...SAY IT AIN'T SO!!

This is how I imagine Eva's wedding gown might look like

ballgown-strapless-organza-knee-length-i

"Say Yes To The Dress"!!!!!! :wub:

Yes this is close I think the material is right on but there needs to be rushing from breast to hip and then flare out a little since I can't post pix on my iPad I can't show an example but I do LUV this dress Gabri!!

While sitting on the beach it popped in my head that I said London instead of her name Ireland above. I'm such a dork.

Hey you had the right part of the country-just next door!

BTW-my name is Michele-with one 'L', too. My mother wanted me to be different and it's been a pain in the butt all my life!!!

it is a good thought of yours, I must admit the bit in RIY where Lizzard said that Christopher was there and said nothing happened has always confused me as I always wondered if he was in the same room or there when Gideon was being abused and somewhat threatened that this would happen to him if he told.  It would be good if we got to the source of his jeleousy.

Sheens :)

Sheens~

I've wondered about that as well. I wonder if we ever know?