SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone

I have finally decided to break down and buy an e-book reader.  Can anyone suggest a good e-book reader please?  I know that; Kindle, Sony E-Book Readers, and Nook Books, are some of the brands that sell these types of readers, but what does everyone recommend?  What makes this particular e-book reader better than the others?  Any suggestions or help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

GiGi :)

Hi Gigi--

I use my ipad which is now about 5 years old.  It is an ipad 1 and have no issues.  I use ebooks and also have a Kindle app to download from Amazon which is usually cheaper.  My daughter and son-in-law and husband have Kindles.  Most of my friends have Kindles.  Many of the Kindles have broken and have been replaced with newer versions.  For me, since I do need to use larger font, the ipad was my device of choice.  More to see at once.  Kindles are way cheaper and Amazon has everything.  I think you need to decide what you personally need and go from there.  My son-in-law got my daughter a Kindle Fire for her birthday next week.  I am curious as to how she likes it.  Again, I needed the size. (Geez, that sounds kind of risque.)

On a different note, I saw a new picture of CH as CG yesterday and for the first time, I can see this working.  He cleaned up real well and I could not see the biker, edgy man  and I could see sophisticated CG.  Stylists did a great job.  He just looked right.  Point being that since I feel it is unlikely that Henry will be Gideon because of cost, I am feeling a little better that Lionsgate will choose someone we can live with.  

I think that this Russian mafia it has something to do with Corrine! And I also think that she is the one that finish killing Nathan! I think that Gideon bust him up real good but after seeing him he left and though that he left him for dead. I think Corrine finish him up because Nathan Raped her that day that Eva thought that she saw Gideon and that they had sex.  

I don't think Corrine had anything to do with that. Plus, i think that Nathan was only focused on getting Eva not other women.

Hi Everyone

I have finally decided to break down and buy an e-book reader.  Can anyone suggest a good e-book reader please?  I know that; Kindle, Sony E-Book Readers, and Nook Books, are some of the brands that sell these types of readers, but what does everyone recommend?  What makes this particular e-book reader better than the others?  Any suggestions or help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

GiGi :)

Hi GiGi, I use my IPad also.  Download the Kindle app from the App store -- It is FREE.  Works great!

Cheers.

Hi Gigi--

I use my ipad which is now about 5 years old.  It is an ipad 1 and have no issues.  I use ebooks and also have a Kindle app to download from Amazon which is usually cheaper.  My daughter and son-in-law and husband have Kindles.  Most of my friends have Kindles.  Many of the Kindles have broken and have been replaced with newer versions.  For me, since I do need to use larger font, the ipad was my device of choice.  More to see at once.  Kindles are way cheaper and Amazon has everything.  I think you need to decide what you personally need and go from there.  My son-in-law got my daughter a Kindle Fire for her birthday next week.  I am curious as to how she likes it.  Again, I needed the size. (Geez, that sounds kind of risque.)

Hi GiGi, I use my IPad also.  Download the Kindle app from the App store -- It is FREE.  Works great!

Cheers.

I bought the basic Kindle E reader at Walmart for $35.00 on sale.  I love it....very easy to use with buttons, no scrolling.  It's perfect for a techno dummy like me.

Thank you to all of the ladies who took the time to reply to my question.  Hearing someone else's experience with a product is so greatly appreciated.  Now I have to begin my research and make my decisions from there.  Thanks again ladies.  :)

Hi Gigi--

Good luck with your research.  I don't think I will ever read a paper book again.  

Note to Sylvia--We are dying here.  We need something.  I am in serious G and E withdrawal.  With all the traveling I am beginning to doubt we will see CBY anytime soon.  Sniff.

On another note, they have truly cleaned up CH and there seem to be daily postings about him.  PR for a movie not yet made.  Cannot imagine what it will be like when the movie is completed.  Yesterday there was a picture of him surrounded by some great quotes from the first book.  I kept thinking that we should perhaps, as a way of filling the void, compile our own list of quotes starting with BTY.  What do you think?

GiGi It really depends on what you want to do with the device. 

I have Nook & Kindle apps on my phone and PC.  I like that because I can read whenever I have a long wait that I wasn't expecting.  I download all my books to my PC so I can back them up just in case something happens with my account on Amazon and/or B&N.

I have a Nook that I take to the beach, park, pool, vacation, etc.  It is much easier than carrying a ton of books like I did in the past. 

I'm thinking about getting a Kindle Fire because I like the idea of having the various options that the Kindle offers and it is easier to read in the sun.  However, I really want an Ipad but I'm having a hard time justifying buying both.

There is still hope for Captivated getting released this year.  I'm a big fan of Maya Banks especially her KGI series.  The next book in the KGI is scheduled to release in December.  She posted over the weekend that she is working on the final edits to the book right now.  When she sends them back they will start production.  I'm hoping Sylvia will have some updates when she returns from Brazil. 

Hi Gigi--

Good luck with your research.  I don't think I will ever read a paper book again.  

Note to Sylvia--We are dying here.  We need something.  I am in serious G and E withdrawal.  With all the traveling I am beginning to doubt we will see CBY anytime soon.  Sniff.

On another note, they have truly cleaned up CH and there seem to be daily postings about him.  PR for a movie not yet made.  Cannot imagine what it will be like when the movie is completed.  Yesterday there was a picture of him surrounded by some great quotes from the first book.  I kept thinking that we should perhaps, as a way of filling the void, compile our own list of quotes starting with BTY.  What do you think?

can you post any of the pictures of CH all cleaned up?  the one with the quotes would be nice!!

I heard or maybe read that Lionsgate wouldn't start the Crossfire series on TV until all the books were out.  Any ideas on this?   It could be two years until that show hits the airwaves. 

can you post any of the pictures of CH all cleaned up?  the one with the quotes would be nice!!

I heard or maybe read that Lionsgate wouldn't start the Crossfire series on TV until all the books were out.  Any ideas on this?   It could be two years until that show hits the airwaves. 

I don't know how to post that picture because it is from the fb Christian Grey Fan Page.  Perhaps someone knows how.  I know how on other message boards but not here.  Plus I don't know if it is legal?  

Lord, I hope we don't have to wait 2 years for that TV series.

ETA--I tried.  I don't know how to do it on this imac.  Will keep trying.

GiGi It really depends on what you want to do with the device. 

I have Nook & Kindle apps on my phone and PC.  I like that because I can read whenever I have a long wait that I wasn't expecting.  I download all my books to my PC so I can back them up just in case something happens with my account on Amazon and/or B&N.

I have a Nook that I take to the beach, park, pool, vacation, etc.  It is much easier than carrying a ton of books like I did in the past. 

I'm thinking about getting a Kindle Fire because I like the idea of having the various options that the Kindle offers and it is easier to read in the sun.  However, I really want an Ipad but I'm having a hard time justifying buying both.

Hi Sharon!  IThank you for your comments. I am not very technically savvy so I am not sure what I should be looking for.  I thought that since my books have started to completely overtake my library space, it might help if I got an e-reader.  I also temper that thought with the fact, that I can't read computer or e-reader screens for long or expanded amounts of time.  I will take what you have said into consideration when deciding on which e-reader is best for me.

I also have to take into consideration that I am on slow speed internet, so I am not sure if that will affect my buying choice. I am still that woman, who packs a ton of books when I go somewhere. 

As for Sylvia's next book, I really hope that since we are in the second week of September, that we will hopefully be getting a snippet or two, or maybe even a snapshot or two, to start the ball rolling on the next book.  Fingers crossed here... :)

I could not figure out how to bring that picture over, but I think this is better.  He needs to shave but I am kind of seeing it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTBBzAI1sMw

Thanks for that GLH.

Wasn't really all that keen on him from the first few pics. But now I could see it working. A little hair styling and color. I'm sure he must be one of those actors who can ditch the English accent. OK I can talk myself into this.

yes, let's give them both the benefit of the doubt!!  afterall these people who do movie casting for a living should know what they are doing... can't wait for 8/1/2014  and also the release date of CBY

Just from this short interview he comes across as an "intelligent" actor and very experienced which can only be a win-win and as for Dakota I think as a brunette she is the picture of how Ana is described and the fact that she is young and inexperienced can be a win-win because that is exactly the character she will be playing IMO...

have been thinking.....why do the people who lost their money to Geoffrey Cross hold such a grudge against Gideon?  He was only 4 years old when his father did the ponzi scheme and killed himself, a child.  His mother seems to have not been affected at all; afterall she remarried and still has money.  Doesn't seem quite fair.

Like that boy that Ireland is dating....his grandparents lost money and think it convenient that Gideon made something of himself.....again he was only a child.

oh well, that is all   Still need some info for the release of CBY or something.

have been thinking.....why do the people who lost their money to Geoffrey Cross hold such a grudge against Gideon?  He was only 4 years old when his father did the ponzi scheme and killed himself, a child.  His mother seems to have not been affected at all; afterall she remarried and still has money.  Doesn't seem quite fair.

Like that boy that Ireland is dating....his grandparents lost money and think it convenient that Gideon made something of himself.....again he was only a child.

oh well, that is all   Still need some info for the release of CBY or something.

jmhope-did you see the pic that Sylvia posted? Go to 'Theories for book four' in this site, page 18. Barb55 got it off of Facebook or SylviaDay.com, I think. SD threw us a little morsel.

jmhope-did you see the pic that Sylvia posted? Go to 'Theories for book four' in this site, page 18. Barb55 got it off of Facebook or SylviaDay.com, I think. SD threw us a little morsel.

thanks for sharing....it is a great picture!!!  nice suit!!  thanks again for letting me know....as stated not on FB

Hi Jmhope,

I agree with you about people holding grudges with Gideon.  It doesn't make sense.  You are correct; Gideon was a child and was in no way responsible for his father's actions.