SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

If you look at Google images there are a few pictures of her as a brunette and in appearance I think she will be a great Ana; they must have both "aced " their auditions because neither of them were ever mentioned as front-runners ...what do you all think?

I am not surprised by the news that lesser known actors were selected for these roles.  I will have to wait and see what will happen.  The actor who was cast for the Christian Grey role, looks positively scary!  I don't know if I can see him as Christian Grey.  In the end, it will depend on how good his acting skills are and whether he will be able to convince me that he is Christian Grey.

At the end of the day, that still leaves room for the beloved HC, to fill the role of Gideon Cross.  :)

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not surprised by the news that lesser known actors were selected for these roles.  I will have to wait and see what will happen.  The actor who was cast for the Christian Grey role, looks positively scary!  I don't know if I can see him as Christian Grey.  In the end, it will depend on how good his acting skills are and whether he will be able to convince me that he is Christian Grey.

At the end of the day, that still leaves room for the beloved HC, to fill the role of Gideon Cross.  :)

Hi Gigi I think Charlie has a great bod and would work in that respect but I have only found one image where I can see him as Christian. That disheveled beard he sports most often certainly doesn't help his case!! But as you say Hollywood will work its magic and make him presentable. One of the articles mentioned they had rockin chemistry in the audition so of course that is important. Personally I think he is too old -- oh well only time will tell...

Love hearing your responses ladies.  I don't see him as CG at all.  He has a great body, but that is not the body in the book.  He is way too much like a body builder for CG.  I read somewhere that someone said he is "rough around the edges, edgy."  That is what bothered me.  Christian is very refined almost to the point of affected.  At least for most of the series.  I am sure they can make him look the part, but he certainly isn't who I pictured.  I think Dakota will be fine.  She is more the right age and hair color is a no biggie at all.  She is fine for Ana.  Just don't get this guy.

I figure we are gonna be majorly disappointed when Gideon is cast.  Something tells me Sylvia won't get Henry to be our guy.  Still hoping, though.

As for snippets of Captivated---I don't see that happening any time soon.  Rereleasing older books, these short novellas, etc.  don't bode well for releasing book 4 or 5 anytime soon.  This publishing company is gonna try to suck out all the revenue it can from Sylvia's name.  First.  

I think Charlie Hunnam is going to surprise you all.  He is very good playing dark and dangerous.  He has the beard because of his role in SOA as the leader of a biker club that will go when he is CG.  He isn't my first choice but he is a good actor and he will do the part justice IMO. 

I do think everyone on this forum will be very disappointed because HC is very busy and I don't see how he will fit in a TV series even if it is broken up into the smaller seasons that we see on cable.

Hey Ladies, I started an Afterburn Snippet thread on the Afterburn/Afterschock thread.  Snippet one looks great!!  Now, what about CBY? Maybe a Dec release then? Since she's posting snippets for Aftershock that's getting released in Nov...Idk how many snippets she plans on releasing tho b/c I saw that she posted the length of book two is the same as book one.

As far as FSoG casting....I don't really think their Ana is that pretty....sorry...but Charlie is a cutie! I'm sure he'll clean up nice a CG...Although he seems a bit bulkier than I pictured Christian to be....I feel bad for all the backlash they're getting

Hey Ladies, I started an Afterburn Snippet thread on the Afterburn/Afterschock thread.  Snippet one looks great!!  Now, what about CBY? Maybe a Dec release then? Since she's posting snippets for Aftershock that's getting released in Nov...Idk how many snippets she plans on releasing tho b/c I saw that she posted the length of book two is the same as book one.

As far as FSoG casting....I don't really think their Ana is that pretty....sorry...but Charlie is a cutie! I'm sure he'll clean up nice a CG...Although he seems a bit bulkier than I pictured Christian to be....I feel bad for all the backlash they're getting

I think the backlash is because they waited so long to cast the leads.  So many people set their sights on other actors.  Also there were so many websites asking fans to vote that people thought they were going to have input.  I think Charlie will do great too. 

Honestly, I don't know why people so disappointed about Charlie and Dakota. This is just a movie, any actor and actress could be Christian and Anna as long as they can act and blend with their characters.

Well, I don't like Fifty Shades of Grey but I don't hate it too. So let's hope the movie not ruin the novel.

As for Gideon and Eva casting, I think Henry and Scarlett won't be available for this. This is a tv series and the budget isn't high as movie. Any actor and actress who will become Gideon and Eva will be fine for me as long as they have a good acting.

I think Charlie Hunnam is going to surprise you all.  He is very good playing dark and dangerous.  He has the beard because of his role in SOA as the leader of a biker club that will go when he is CG.  He isn't my first choice but he is a good actor and he will do the part justice IMO. 

I do think everyone on this forum will be very disappointed because HC is very busy and I don't see how he will fit in a TV series even if it is broken up into the smaller seasons that we see on cable.

Hi Sharon,

You are absolutely correct, Charlie Hunnam can play a dark and dangerous character.  What I wonder about is whether he will be able to also play a very sophisticated and refined character.  I think that is what I struggle with more.  I just can't see him speak French fluently, or having extensive knowledge about art, music, literature, etc.  Time will tell...:)

Hi GLH,

I read your posting and I was thinking along the same lines.  I read the Christian Grey character as being refined, sophisticated and fluent in; French, art, and literature. 

It is interesting; I actually thought that Charlie Hunnam was a little lanky as compared to the Christian Grey character. It was my understanding that the CG character was tall, long, and lean, with well defined muscles. I also didn't get an extended look at Charlie Hunnam, but who knows, it might work out.  Muscles can be added, subtracted or defined more clearly... :) 

GiGi :)

P.S.  Keep the faith.  You never know, we might get the biggest surprise of our lives and find out the HC has been offered, and accepted the role of Gideon Cross.  :)

So I have to keep my fingers crossed for HC as Gideon a while longer then.

I agree with GiGi,

" I read the Christian Grey character as being refined, sophisticated and fluent in; French, art, and literature.  It was my understanding that the CG character was tall, long, and lean, with well defined muscles."

So I have to keep my fingers crossed for HC as Gideon a while longer then.

I agree with GiGi,

" I read the Christian Grey character as being refined, sophisticated and fluent in; French, art, and literature.  It was my understanding that the CG character was tall, long, and lean, with well defined muscles."

Agree on both counts.  I doubt we will get HC but with Sylvia and us having the same vision, if not Henry then maybe someone close.

CG has got to come off as sophisticated and refined or the character would not work.  He may be kinky but he is not edgy.  There is a huge difference and that is what Charlie has to pull off.  From what I am reading, he is a good actor but can he pull off the class?  I don't know as I have never seen his work.  The new picture is much, much better.  The big problem is that they waited a full 2 years before casting him.  2 years for people to read and reread and form a definite image of who CG is.  I hope that Lionsgate does not make the same mistake with Gideon.

Sylvia is just too funny....lol....what the heck is the matter w. people?!?

1. 22h
  2. @SylDay my toughts about Afterburn: You're losing your touch! Eva&Gideon drain all creative stuff out of you.

I bet she didn't expect a reply. I hate when people are rude in public forum like that. It's just impolite. Especially b/c Afterburn was so good! IMO at least :)

I guess everyone's just a bit frustrated waiting for CBY...

Agree on both counts.  I doubt we will get HC but with Sylvia and us having the same vision, if not Henry then maybe someone close.

CG has got to come off as sophisticated and refined or the character would not work.  He may be kinky but he is not edgy.  There is a huge difference and that is what Charlie has to pull off.  From what I am reading, he is a good actor but can he pull off the class?  I don't know as I have never seen his work.  The new picture is much, much better.  The big problem is that they waited a full 2 years before casting him.  2 years for people to read and reread and form a definite image of who CG is.  I hope that Lionsgate does not make the same mistake with Gideon.

Saw some additional pic of Charlie looking much closer to a CG personna.  One even had him with darker hair and close in on his eyes which are close to gray.  Think he will clean-up nicely and if there is 'magic' with Dakota then they will able to pull this off.  Don't forget that no one liked Robert as Edward but on screen with Kristen they were perfect for the parts.   We'll see next year :)

Sylvia put a long post on FB about the casting of CG which I thought was interesting.  Check it out if she is a FB friend.  She thinks the casting is good and she also said she doesn't have say in who is cast as Gideon but that the people from Lionsgate are fans.  I just hope they don't wait too long or the same crap will be thrown out about the casting of Gideon.  As I said, let's just hope that if Henry isn't gonna be Gideon, someone close to how we see him will be.

Sylvia put a long post on FB about the casting of CG which I thought was interesting.  Check it out if she is a FB friend.  She thinks the casting is good and she also said she doesn't have say in who is cast as Gideon but that the people from Lionsgate are fans.  I just hope they don't wait too long or the same crap will be thrown out about the casting of Gideon.  As I said, let's just hope that if Henry isn't gonna be Gideon, someone close to how we see him will be.

Agree with you. I think it's better for production house to choose someone who hasn't already famous before. Any actor and actress should have a chemistry for each other and not be burdened by their public image.

Maybe Cavill before Man of Steele can become Gideon but now I don't think so. His payment is too high (IMDB stated US$ 14 million) and he already become the A-list. Moreover, we still don't know how much budget that Lionsgate provided for Crossfire Series. Just hope they don't cancel it like what happens in The Bronze Horseman (although The Bronze Horseman not developed by Lionsgate).

Hi GLH,

I read your posting and I was thinking along the same lines.  I read the Christian Grey character as being refined, sophisticated and fluent in; French, art, and literature. 

It is interesting; I actually thought that Charlie Hunnam was a little lanky as compared to the Christian Grey character. It was my understanding that the CG character was tall, long, and lean, with well defined muscles. I also didn't get an extended look at Charlie Hunnam, but who knows, it might work out.  Muscles can be added, subtracted or defined more clearly... :) 

GiGi :)

P.S.  Keep the faith.  You never know, we might get the biggest surprise of our lives and find out the HC has been offered, and accepted the role of Gideon Cross.  :)

Gigi,  Charlie is 6'1"  that fits the "he's tall, broad shouldered and the way those pants hang from the hips"  In addition, he has the "reddish hair"   I think he can do sophisticated too.    charlie_hunnam-deadfall-4.jpg

Gigi,  Charlie is 6'1"  that fits the "he's tall, broad shouldered and the way those pants hang from the hips"  In addition, he has the "reddish hair"   I think he can do sophisticated too.    charlie_hunnam-deadfall-4.jpg

I do agree that Charlie has the bod and he actually even has what appear to be somewhat grey eyes and the fact that he can act is a real plus. LOL. That being said I think these actors were both chosen because of their chemistry during the audition process so,it's all good. My only reservation was that I think Charlie is a tad too old. I think Dakota looks great as a brunette and has lovely pale skin to boot; I can definitely see her as Ana and she is definitely the right age!! Can't wait for the movie!!

I do agree that Charlie has the bod and he actually even has what appear to be somewhat grey eyes and the fact that he can act is a real plus. LOL. That being said I think these actors were both chosen because of their chemistry during the audition process so,it's all good. My only reservation was that I think Charlie is a tad too old. I think Dakota looks great as a brunette and has lovely pale skin to boot; I can definitely see her as Ana and she is definitely the right age!! Can't wait for the movie!!

He is a little older but hopefully they will have a tight filming schedule and he won't age too much between pictures.  I agree the chemistry between the actors was most likely the deciding factor.

I know Sylvia has said that she's not releasing the date of CBY until it's 100% confirmed, but I wonder why she hasn't put any snippets out? Aftershock was just released and already there are snippets for Afterburn which comes out in Nov (not complaining, love the book! :) )

She gave us months of snippets before EWY....I wonder why none yet?

Sighh.....and the wait continues :)

He is a little older but hopefully they will have a tight filming schedule and he won't age too much between pictures.  I agree the chemistry between the actors was most likely the deciding factor.

Oh my goodness, that is too funny Sharon. :)  At the rate the movie studios are going; CH may end up playing his adoptive father instead of Christian (just kidding).  :)

Hi GLH,

I hope Lionsgate makes a decision soon and hopefully some of the executives have been watching this forum...:)

It is so interesting that you posted a picture of CH today.  Last night I had the image of CH in Sons of Anarchy.  I had a dream where he was picking his teeth with some huge switch blade knife (howling with laughter :)).  I think that I have been overthinking this entire thing...now I really have to laugh.  :)

Sylvia is just too funny....lol....what the heck is the matter w. people?!?

1. @SylDay my toughts about Afterburn: You're losing your touch! Eva&Gideon drain all creative stuff out of you.
    1. @nabe421 I should just retire, then? I'll keep that in mind.

I bet she didn't expect a reply. I hate when people are rude in public forum like that. It's just impolite. Especially b/c Afterburn was so good! IMO at least :)

I guess everyone's just a bit frustrated waiting for CBY...

It is clear that Sylvia has a great sense of humour Nathalia.  :)