SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Hi jm hope if you just go to SylviaDay.com you can read what she puts on Facebook and tweets without actually subscribing to those social networks...

The feeds appear on the left side of the home page...hope this helps you can also access the snippets and snapshots from here also!

Hi Sscrph & Ladies,

If something new comes up, would you or one of the ladies be kind enough to continue to post the updates on this site please?  It would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  :)

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jmhope,

I agree with you about people holding grudges with Gideon.  It doesn't make sense.  You are correct; Gideon was a child and was in no way responsible for his father's actions. 

It could be that these people think that Gideon's business was started with money that his Dad had stashed away from his fraud activity.  Ire;and's boyfriend's parent's comment "its convenient that Gideon is rich now" .... and just rich but super-mega-rich !

Some people are petty.  Sins of the father crap.  Younger people are not so bad this way, but folks of a certain age can be.  I agree it doesn't make any sense.  I pride myself on not being judgmental.  But some people are.  I have 3 cousins who are sisters and were always close.  For no other reason than politics, 2 of the 3 won't talk to the third.  Stupid to me.  

Some people are petty.  Sins of the father crap.  Younger people are not so bad this way, but folks of a certain age can be.  I agree it doesn't make any sense.  I pride myself on not being judgmental.  But some people are.  I have 3 cousins who are sisters and were always close.  For no other reason than politics, 2 of the 3 won't talk to the third.  Stupid to me.  

Hi GLH,

I was thinking about this whole Gideon being blamed for his father's sins thing; and it occurred to me that because Geoffrey Cross committed suicide, he robbed his swindled clients the opportunity of having him tried in a criminal court and convicted.  They didn't get their justice or their pound of flesh (so to speak).  So if Geoffrey wasn't available, then Gideon would simply have to be the substitute/stand in for his father.

I think that perhaps the general public got the idea that it would be ok to go after Gideon because he never seemed to receive outward support from Christopher Vidal Sr.  It almost feels like Elizabeth Vidal was the prize to be won, and Gideon was just the unwanted third wheel.  It was proved when Elizabeth Vidal went on to provide offspring for Vidal Sr. 

I get the sense that Vidal Sr. had absolutely no desire to raise another man's child and if you couple that with Gideon acting out, and his negative effect on Christopher Jr., that theory may be proven correct.  On the otherhand, I may be completely wrong and may have misread the situation.  I just cannot see Vidal Sr. as being a warm and compassionate man towards Gideon.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi GLH,

I was thinking about this whole Gideon being blamed for his father's sins thing; and it occurred to me that because Geoffrey Cross committed suicide, he robbed his swindled clients the opportunity of having him tried in a criminal court and convicted.  They didn't get their justice or their pound of flesh (so to speak).  So if Geoffrey wasn't available, then Gideon would simply have to be the substitute/stand in for his father.

I think that perhaps the general public got the idea that it would be ok to go after Gideon because he never seemed to receive outward support from Christopher Vidal Sr.  It almost feels like Elizabeth Vidal was the prize to be won, and Gideon was just the unwanted third wheel.  It was proved when Elizabeth Vidal went on to provide offspring for Vidal Sr. 

I get the sense that Vidal Sr. had absolutely no desire to raise another man's child and if you couple that with Gideon acting out, and his negative effect on Christopher Jr., that theory may be proven correct.  On the otherhand, I may be completely wrong and may have misread the situation.  I just cannot see Vidal Sr. as being a warm and compassionate man towards Gideon.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Gigi I think we may be wrong about Chris Sr. I know we all want to see him as the demon in all this but I really didn't see Gideon having an intense dislike of him specifically after reading all three books and also I think Eva had a favorable impression of him also when they first met and her instincts are usually pretty accurate. At any rate, Chris Sr did defer to Gideon when he needed financial advice so that tells me that he respects his step son to some degree...

Hi Everyone,

I just had a quick question; has anyone experienced pg330 on this thread, the page going directly to a You Tube link?  Every time I try to read the postings on page 330, I am  directly redirected to a You Tube link.  Can anyone help please?  Thanks in advance.

Hi Everyone,

I think it will be interesting to see just what role Christopher Vidal Sr. will play in whether Elizabeth Vidal or Christopher Jr. are as unsavoury as some of us think that they are.  I am sorry I cannot specifically respond ot any of the later postings on page 330, but as I have explained; every time I click on that page, I am automatically redirected to a You Tube link...so frustrating!  Sigh!   

I'm just saying.....  Gideon/Eva  i-really-miss-you-smiley-emoticon.gif

so I am rereading the Crossfire series again......I wish we were party to them talking and getting to know each other (without activly F**) at the club that Gideon owns and had them "shown" to by an outside "hawker".  That conversation would have been interesting, we know that she probably drank too much cause Gideon had that "hangover" cure sent over the next day.  I/we need a Gid/Eva fix.....

we also need to hear the recording of Gideon asking Victor if he could marry his daughter....interesting to learn how he got his approval when Victor thought he was a cheater

so I am rereading the Crossfire series again......I wish we were party to them talking and getting to know each other (without activly F**) at the club that Gideon owns and had them "shown" to by an outside "hawker".  That conversation would have been interesting, we know that she probably drank too much cause Gideon had that "hangover" cure sent over the next day.  I/we need a Gid/Eva fix.....

we also need to hear the recording of Gideon asking Victor if he could marry his daughter....interesting to learn how he got his approval when Victor thought he was a cheater

I think Victor knows that Gideon had a hand in Nathan's demise; I don't think any character in the book with the possible exception of Angus would really think that the billionaire Gideon Cross would have bloodied his own hands by killing Nathan but I sure do think everyone including Victor thinks he hired the job out and I think Victor is grateful to Gideon for protecting his daughter when he couldn't do it himself through no fault of his own...

I think Victor knows that Gideon had a hand in Nathan's demise; I don't think any character in the book with the possible exception of Angus would really think that the billionaire Gideon Cross would have bloodied his own hands by killing Nathan but I sure do think everyone including Victor thinks he hired the job out and I think Victor is grateful to Gideon for protecting his daughter when he couldn't do it himself through no fault of his own...

Hi Sscrph,

What makes you think that Victor has any idea that Gideon was involved in Nathan's murder? Victor didn't find out about what happened to Eva, as a child, until very late in the game.  I would be interested in what your thoughts are on this matter.  :)

Hi Jmhope,

It would be interesting to hear that recording between Victor and Gideon...hmm....maybe we will get a snippet or two on this very subject from Sylvia...fingers crossed.  :)

Gigi I just think that Victor himself would have liked to take care of Nathan and I'm sure he sees the way that Gideon yearns for Eva and I think he just has his suspicions that's all... :). :)

Hi Everyone,

I just went looking for the Books As Good As The CrossfireSeries and I can't find the thread.  I searched the website and wasn't able to find it.  If someone sees it could you please post something to bring it back up on the list please?

Or are we not allowed to have this thread?  If someone knows what is going on, could they please be kind enough to clarify this for me?  It would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance. 

GiGi  :)

It looks like the administrator for the site moved the "Books as good as Crossfire" to the Introduction site.  My guess is they want to share the suggestions with everyone on the site and it really isn't Crossfire related.  I signed up for updates.  I want to continue to keep my list uptodate.

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

It looks like the administrator for the site moved the "Books as good as Crossfire" to the Introduction site.  My guess is they want to share the suggestions with everyone on the site and it really isn't Crossfire related.  I signed up for updates.  I want to continue to keep my list uptodate.

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Thanks for the information Sharon.  I would be more than happy to send you a list on a regular basis if you like.  I was beginning to wonder if the entire thread had been deleated.  I am glad that it is still on the website.  :)

Has anyone else been curious about the recent Facebook posts by Sylvia, over the past few days, with quotes from the three Crossfire books?I am not sure if it is wishful thinking or not, but I find it fishy...

Yes totally agree she's getting the fan base all worked up!!!