Theories for book four

julie54

Not to be annoying about this, but Eva and Gideon are business people.  They need and want to work.  If and when they have kids, they will certainly need help.  THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.  Doesn't mean they won't be hands on parents.  They surely will be.  But, they will be extremely careful who they choose.  I interviewed over 50 people before I chose someone when I needed to go back to work and I am not rich and famous.  I was careful.  Cross Industries is a very large corporation and most likely has day care incorporated into the work place already.  Maybe Eva won't want to work but judging by how she feels about Monica being a trophy wife, I doubt it.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I imagine Gideon and Eva will be very careful about who has access to their children!  And rightly so.

Also, responding to something I think I read way upthread . . . I didn't read anything in the series to suggest that Monica and Elizabeth were uninvolved parents.  Eva told her father that there was no way Monica could have known what Nathan was doing to her.  Eva doesn't blame her mother for not noticing; she says she was very good at hiding it (she was scared of what would happen if anyone found out).  Similarly, Gideon was troubled and his mother arranged for him to see a therapist.  It wouldn't be unusual or neglectful for a preteen/early teenaged child to have individual therapy sessions without the parent always in the room. 

Of course we can fault how ECV handled the situation after Gideon told her what was going on, but before she knew . . .

I'm really hesitant to blame the mothers for what happened to Gideon and Eva as children.  Unfortunately, you could be the best parent in the world and not be able to keep your child safe from everything. :(

It occurs to me that perhaps there's some confusion about what the term "nanny" means.  A nanny is a babysitter who works in your house.  A live-in nanny or overnight nanny stays overnight, but simply saying that there's a "nanny" doesn't imply that there's an overnight or a 24-hours-a-day sitter.  And I'm sure that the posters who suggested that Eva and Gideon wouldn't have a nanny "because they'll want to be involved parents" didn't mean to be so offensive.  Obviously most parents want to be involved.  And one can absolutely be an attentive, caring, involved parent while still working outside the home.

Just like to say, when I made the post about nannies it wasn't meant in an offensive manner. As a long time poster to these pages, we are all entitled to our opinions, as to where the story may or may not go. It's these opinions and theories that make this forum FUN. After all, at the end of the day it's just a book, with characters that we love or in Corinnes case hate!

Just like to say, when I made the post about nannies it wasn't meant in an offensive manner. As a long time poster to these pages, we are all entitled to our opinions, as to where the story may or may not go. It's these opinions and theories that make this forum FUN. After all, at the end of the day it's just a book, with characters that we love or in Corinnes case hate!

Couldn't agree more Julie!! :). :)

Babies and nannies, a lot of speculation here and putting the horse before the cart.  I agree that Eva is more in-tune to birth control and seems to handle it much better than Ana in 50 Shades.  Long term will probably be an Eva/Gideon baby, but I don't think we will get to anything more than a pregnancy at the end of book 5! There may be a Cary/Tatiana baby, but I am in the camp with those saying "No way, it is a ploy by Tatiana to keep Cary in line!"  Just my opinion. 

Plus, there is way too many other things that need to be sorted out and resolved before we get to that point. Gideon has a lot of demons in his closet that need to see the light of day.  Then there are issues with parents.   Also, I believe that Richard Stanton had Nathan followed to keep tabs on him after Monica saw him and Cary got attacked and that Clancy and his FBI brother are involved with the bracelet.  Now, how Gideon's involvement get 'used' is still up in the air for me. Also, is there a Tatiana involvement with the mob??  Could Cary have gotten beaten because he was seeing Tatiani and she is seeing someone in the mob? 

There is also the whole question of Christopher. I think he was VERY involved with the Golden video being an embarassment for Eva (and Gideon) and may also be a bidder for the photographer's real life video.  He will try to schedule the band so that Brett is near Eva to screw with his brother.  I also think Christopher may be involved with Megumi and her 'disappearance'.  I wouldn't be surprised to find out he is a 'freak' and gets off hurting women.  We know Gideon was abused, but was Christopher also?  Do I remember reading that he acted up also as a kid?  I know I read that he would not confirm Gideon's claims of abuse - how would he know if he wasn't getting 'counseling' also?

Just a few of my thoughts....

Babies and nannies, a lot of speculation here and putting the horse before the cart.  I agree that Eva is more in-tune to birth control and seems to handle it much better than Ana in 50 Shades.  Long term will probably be an Eva/Gideon baby, but I don't think we will get to anything more than a pregnancy at the end of book 5! There may be a Cary/Tatiana baby, but I am in the camp with those saying "No way, it is a ploy by Tatiana to keep Cary in line!"  Just my opinion. 

Plus, there is way too many other things that need to be sorted out and resolved before we get to that point. Gideon has a lot of demons in his closet that need to see the light of day.  Then there are issues with parents.   Also, I believe that Richard Stanton had Nathan followed to keep tabs on him after Monica saw him and Cary got attacked and that Clancy and his FBI brother are involved with the bracelet.  Now, how Gideon's involvement get 'used' is still up in the air for me. Also, is there a Tatiana involvement with the mob??  Could Cary have gotten beaten because he was seeing Tatiani and she is seeing someone in the mob? 

There is also the whole question of Christopher. I think he was VERY involved with the Golden video being an embarassment for Eva (and Gideon) and may also be a bidder for the photographer's real life video.  He will try to schedule the band so that Brett is near Eva to screw with his brother.  I also think Christopher may be involved with Megumi and her 'disappearance'.  I wouldn't be surprised to find out he is a 'freak' and gets off hurting women.  We know Gideon was abused, but was Christopher also?  Do I remember reading that he acted up also as a kid?  I know I read that he would not confirm Gideon's claims of abuse - how would he know if he wasn't getting 'counseling' also?

Just a few of my thoughts....

Yes patiently waiting here for "Creepy Christopher's backstory in the new book...

Come on Sylvia!!! Throw us a bone here. Time for Chapter 1 or at least a snippet for CBY. Please!

So, what else is coming up. Are we going to have the wedding of her boss Mark that she helps plan? Getting the Eva and Gideon wedding together? Dealing with Monica on the wedding? Could be funny watching Gideon handle Monica in regards to the whole wedding scenario, especially if Monica tries to keep Eva and Gideon apart prior to the wedding! LOL.

I think I am going to read the three books to look for clues for upcoming events. Obviously the bracelet will come into play eventually. I think Ann will be a biggie in the next book or maybe the last book. Not sure why she went after Cary unless she was fishing for info. Megumi and her situation is interesting and I am not convinced that the evil Christopher isn't Michael - again, trying for info to use against Gideon and maybe Eva. Also I do think that the tenth floor will be Eva's new digs and she will take Mark with her. Way to go! You know Gideon is going to get his way with Eva working for him, especially after she did damage control with his website!

Oh (rubbing hands together) this could get juicy. Just hope the s e x between Eva and Gideon continues to evolve.

Come on Sylvia!!! Throw us a bone here. Time for Chapter 1 or at least a snippet for CBY. Please!

So, what else is coming up. Are we going to have the wedding of her boss Mark that she helps plan? Getting the Eva and Gideon wedding together? Dealing with Monica on the wedding? Could be funny watching Gideon handle Monica in regards to the whole wedding scenario, especially if Monica tries to keep Eva and Gideon apart prior to the wedding! LOL.

I think I am going to read the three books to look for clues for upcoming events. Obviously the bracelet will come into play eventually. I think Ann will be a biggie in the next book or maybe the last book. Not sure why she went after Cary unless she was fishing for info. Megumi and her situation is interesting and I am not convinced that the evil Christopher isn't Michael - again, trying for info to use against Gideon and maybe Eva. Also I do think that the tenth floor will be Eva's new digs and she will take Mark with her. Way to go! You know Gideon is going to get his way with Eva working for him, especially after she did damage control with his website!

Oh (rubbing hands together) this could get juicy. Just hope the s e x between Eva and Gideon continues to evolve.

Couldn't agree more Avid reader it's going to start getting cold here in the northeast and I want to be curled up in a nice cozy chair in front of the fire with CBY sooner rather than later!! I hope there's as much sexy time in the next book as there was in EWY-- just loved all their erotic/romantic moments together!! :). :)

Great ideas Avid Reader!  I had to go back and reread the part about Monica "potentially" trying to keep Gideon and Eva apart prior to the wedding (wink, wink)! ;)

Sylvia certainly has a lot of loose ends to tie up before the end of the series...sigh!  How many more months until the end of the year?  :)

I love all the ideas presented and totally agree with the new stronger ideas for Eva.

Good Bye Tatiana.

Cary's body language whilst kissing Trey confirms there still is distance between them, so a new person in Cary's life sounds soooo good.

I want to know who Gideon is talking to on the phone in the kitchen whilst getting water page 355, I hope it was not Devious Deanna or Corinne!!!!!!

I do want Gideon & Cary friendship to grow and become stronger for Eva's sake.

Is Gideon renovating the 10th Floor for Eva?

I DON'T want Eva to be take by the Russian Marfa!!! Gideon has mentioned several times that he would always find her. Eva has learnt how to fight in her Krav Maga classes. This could develop into something. These thoughts concern me a lot.

I love all the ideas presented and totally agree with the new stronger ideas for Eva.

Good Bye Tatiana.

Cary's body language whilst kissing Trey confirms there still is distance between them, so a new person in Cary's life sounds soooo good.

I want to know who Gideon is talking to on the phone in the kitchen whilst getting water page 355, I hope it was not Devious Deanna or Corinne!!!!!!

I DON'T want Eva to be take by the Russian Marfa!!! Gideon has mentioned several times that he would always find her. Eva has learnt how to fight in her Krav Maga classes. This could develop into something. These thoughts concern me a lot.

Gideon on the phone = getting the corp jet ready for a trip to San Diego :)

Gideon on the phone = getting the corp jet ready for a trip to San Diego :)

Good point fsumom I think that's exactly what Gideon was doing!!! Not only that, he was talking to Deanna about releasing those wedding pictures ASAP Gideon wants EVERYONE to know that his Angel really is "Angelmine"!!

Good Bye Tatiana.

Hi Sue,

I agree with your ideas about Cary.  He needs to end his relationships with both; Trey and Tatiana.  Neither of those relationships are healthy on principle. 

I wonder how much of a role Deanna will play in the next book.  Will she just be a little blurb, mentioned in passing about how she "brokered the scoop of the century...getting the exclusive first public photos of Gideon and Eva", or is there something more at play here?

I have always liked the idea of Eva taking self defense classes, but the question is; who will she use her newly acquired skills on?

I don't even know what to think about the whole Russian Mafia thing...hmm?

Hi Sue,

I agree with your ideas about Cary.  He needs to end his relationships with both; Trey and Tatiana.  Neither of those relationships are healthy on principle. 

I wonder how much of a role Deanna will play in the next book.  Will she just be a little blurb, mentioned in passing about how she "brokered the scoop of the century...getting the exclusive first public photos of Gideon and Eva", or is there something more at play here?

I have always liked the idea of Eva taking self defense classes, but the question is; who will she use her newly acquired skills on?

I don't even know what to think about the whole Russian Mafia thing...hmm?

I disagree with you all about Cary.  The way I interpreted his reaction to Trey is that is protective defenses were coming back up.  He is afraid to commit and continues to fight any commitment.  Tatiana isn't good for Cary because she is a very selfish person.  Trey is a good person but I think he is cautious.   In the end, I think Trey is going to be with Cary because he is a generous, loving person.

I disagree with you all about Cary.  The way I interpreted his reaction to Trey is that is protective defenses were coming back up.  He is afraid to commit and continues to fight any commitment.  Tatiana isn't good for Cary because she is a very selfish person.  Trey is a good person but I think he is cautious.   In the end, I think Trey is going to be with Cary because he is a generous, loving person.

It helps that Eva is definitely TEAM TREY...

If Tatiana is lying about a baby (or it is someone else's or aborted), I think that will definitely be the end of her. Plus, Trey seems like such a nice guy and Eva likes him, coupled with the fact that Tatiana is 'flirting' with Gideon (see in the kitchen naked), I think she will soon be out of there. Of course I think there will be some drama... Her and Eva having it out or maybe a Russian mob connection. I don't see her just disappearing quietly. Go Team Trey!

The trip to California should be interesting. I agree that Gideon will show up if he doesn't accompany Eva and Cary outright. Jealousy, even with the trust that E and G now seem to have will be a problem. G may have to deal with Corinne first as well as Deanna and that could delay him. But no way he is going to have E and Brett together without hi being in the area! plus, I think he may need to spend some Time with E's dad prior to the wedding. His time with Victor was a bit stilted before with the 'break-up' and police visit and then the info re abuse.

Can't wait!!!

Hi Sharon,

I just wanted to clarify that I don't have a problem with Trey, but a problem with what Cary said about how Trey reacted to the fact that Cary is bi-sexual.  Trey is gay and also wants Cary to be gay, but Cary is openly bi-sexual and has been upfront with Trey about this fact. 

I can't remember which page it was on (if someone knows which page that is on and can post it, that would be great), Cary stated that Trey wants him to be gay and Cary hasn't even figured out how being bi-sexual will fit into his life.  He also hasn't figured out what kind of relationship he wants to have; will he have an "open" relationship (where both partners will see other people), will he find love with a woman or a man?  Thus far, what ever the relationship is between Cary and Trey, it obviously isn't enough for Cary.   I am not sure if Cary has a preference for one sex or the other, or whether he is equally attracted to both sexes.

Is Cary dating Trey because the sex is good, or is he genuinely so attracted to this man, that all others seem to pale in comparison?  I hope we get more information about Cary in the next book.

Hi Gigi--

I think that Cary enjoys sex with both men and women but from what we have seen, he only seems to be able to feel "close" to Trey.  Tat is a pig and the other women are just sex to him.  Trey is different.  He actually TALKS to Trey.  For me, that is why I am pushing for Trey.  I know a lot of gay men cause of my brother.  Many couples are not monogamous but they consider themselves faithful cause the other partners are just sex with no relationship and never more than once.  I hate that.  I don't get that.  But these gay couples are in long term (over 20 years) relationships, many married,  and it works for them.  If Trey could deal with that, then he and Cary have a chance.  Now, could Cary accept Trey with other men while Cary scratches his itch with women?  I don't know.  Something for Sylvia to deal with.  

Hi Gigi--

I think that Cary enjoys sex with both men and women but from what we have seen, he only seems to be able to feel "close" to Trey.  Tat is a pig and the other women are just sex to him.  Trey is different.  He actually TALKS to Trey.  For me, that is why I am pushing for Trey.  I know a lot of gay men cause of my brother.  Many couples are not monogamous but they consider themselves faithful cause the other partners are just sex with no relationship and never more than once.  I hate that.  I don't get that.  But these gay couples are in long term (over 20 years) relationships, many married,  and it works for them.  If Trey could deal with that, then he and Cary have a chance.  Now, could Cary accept Trey with other men while Cary scratches his itch with women?  I don't know.  Something for Sylvia to deal with.

Very interesting GLH and yes Sylvia will have to deal with it as Cary evolves!!

Hi Gigi--

Hi GLH,

You bring up such an interesting point; I wonder how Cary would feel if Trey saw and slept with other men?  Hmm....maybe a dose of his own medicine might make Cary decide if Trey is the one for him or not.